Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? (19043 Views)

My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! / Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? / Father Impreginates Daughter Insists On Marrying Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:

I know her from the culture section. And it has reached a stage where you always have to question why these folks always create tons of hateful threads about just the Ijebus. Apart from the Yoruba and Igbo threads - no other group has more stereotypical threads than the Ijebus ( you can check NL's database). And this chic is ever present on those threads. grin

Ijebus have different subgroups: proper Ijebu in Ogun, Remo division, waterside Ijebu in Lagos, Ibadan Ijebus, and Iseyin. They should at least tell us which of the Ijebus have these stereotypical tosh because no one in my own family is fetish, stingy, and wicked. It's just boring now.
dis is a big phucking lie,why dont u show us proof instead of accusing me wrongly.i ave seen post of u insulting peeps from ibadan,so dont come here acting like a saint.u ave no proof,u are more deluded than i thought,eranko.u definately ave my moniker mistaken with someone else
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by tpia1: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:

Yes, and that's why I kind of feel the pains of those in the new world whose ancestry was from that dark history. Obviously, slavery back them was a norm - and serfdom was a universal thing. However, I believe those slave traders never knew what they were getting themselves into, and the horrible things the slaves were subjected to. And that has created a generational thing that both blacks in Africa and the new world are yet to recover from.

quite sure they knew.

there were african sailors on transatlantic ships and besides, returnee slaves were also many.

the tribes that traded directly with europeans knew exactly what was going on, do you have any proof they didnt?

wetin concern sentiment with this matter?

your argument should be some of the traders may have felt the captured folks might be getting a better life overseas (in some way), not that they were unaware how it was.

Anyway, I feel their pains and I understand the struggles of those in the new world. Hence I'll never look down on them. The experience in black diaspora today is also relative for both those in the new world and, 2nd/3rd generation Africans. The legacy of the slave trade, and why it's always better to look for ways to bridge the gap.

some gaps will never be bridged dear.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:
[s][/s]

So, you don't know what speaking Nigerian is, stark illiterate? grin

Anyway, go learn how to read, spell, and improve your comprehension skills.

I don't even like Ijebu women, but they're not as doltish as you're. grin
f.o.o.l .dere is nothing like nigerian and dat statement didnt make any sense.what i wrote down was yoruba.u are obviously d illiterate here,who gives a phuck about d opinion of a weak boy like u.u shuld take ur own advice whimp
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by damiso(f): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
SisiKill1:

Rotflmao! True Dat!!!! cheesy cheesy

Those peeps like the good things of life and I have never been able to reconcile it with the stingy stereotype.My ijebu side of the family is far 'posher' than my lagos side.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
ChristyG:
dis is a big phucking lie,why dont u show us proof instead of accusing me wrongly.i ave seen post of u insulting peeps from ibadan,so dont come here acting like a saint.u ave no proof,u are more deluded than i thought,eranko.u definately ave my moniker mistaken with someone else

Get ya proofs yourself - I can't waste my time on an inconsequential and insolent little chic.

Yes, I clown Ibadan folks from time to time because my mum was born and raised there, and I'm always around folks from Ibadan. And the Ibadan folks on here know I'm just having fun with it, because it's all love. But you'll never see me create stereotypical threads about Ibadan folks. And I do talk about the Egbas as well because my maternal nan is an Egba women, and I've got some Egba blood in me. As for the rest, I don't care about them, apart from the politics. And that's basically due to the fact that I love politics.

Heck, when I used to be a regular in the culture section, I created a few threads about the greatness of Ibadan warriors and the great history of the place. Ditto the Egbas and their achievements.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
[s]
ChristyG:
f.o.o.l .dere is nothing like nigerian and dat statement didnt make any sense.what i wrote down was yoruba.u are obviously d illiterate here,who gives a phuck about d opinion of a weak boy like u.u shuld take ur own advice whimp
[/s]

Lmao @ weak boy. I see you also don't understand the meaning of having a chip on your shoulder about certain things. You're obviously a stark illiterate.

Nigerian-speak or speaking Nigerian = pigeon/broken English. grin

Get educated and enlightened, insolent git.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:

Get ya proofs yourself - I can't waste my time on an inconsequential and insolent little chic.

Yes, I clown Ibadan folks from time to time because my mum was born and raised there, and I'm always around folks from Ibadan. And the Ibadan folks on here know I'm just having fun with it, because it's all love. But you'll never see me create stereotypical threads about Ibadan folks. And I do talk about the Egbas as well because my maternal nan is an Egba women, and I've got some Egba blood in me. As for the rest, I don't care about them, apart from the politics. And that's basically due to the fact that I love politics.

Heck, when I was used to be a regular in the culture section, I created a few threads about the greatness of Ibadan warriors and the great history of the place. Ditto the Egbas and their achievements.

stories for the birds...if u ave no proof,then shut d phuck up and stop pmsing all over d thread,old nigga with little brains
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
ChristyG:
stories for the birds...if u ave no proof,then shut d phuck up and stop pmsing al undecided undecidedl over d thread,old nigga with little brains

Aren't you 22 or 23? I'm not an "old nyggah." Just not in ya age-bracket or ya level, stark illiterate.

You were on the Ijebu-hating thread created by Isale_gan2, and all the other ones in the culture section. Go dig them out yourself, and that's if you can use NL search for old threads. Something I doubt you'll be able to do! undecided

Eat a dyck, and stay away from Ijebu men. You don't deserve great merchants, and guys who can make a dollar out of 50 cents. undecided
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:
[s][/s]

Lmao @ weak boy. I see you also don't understand the meaning of having a chip on your shoulder about certain things. You're obviously a stark illiterate.

Nigerian-speak or speaking Nigerian = pigeon/broken English. grin

Get educated and enlightened, insolent git.
u see why u are d illitrate one,i was speaking yoruba not pidgin.u are obviously a loser dat is why are bragging about other people success.d isolent girl is obviously more reasonable than a broke a london nigga who lives his life on d internet forming big.phuck off jor and go and suck mama sagged t.itt.ies,little whimp

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by strawgirl(f): 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mmmm. My sister. Gist me more. I am a witness in the house o. HMmmm
sandijey:

Number 1 is jazz and ritual. Number 2 betrayal. 3 love of money . Those 3 things I mentioned. I experienced it wiv all the ijebu people I came across. Had the opportunity of staying at ijebu igbo. Can't even say what my eye saw especially wiv the indigenes. That's all I can say
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
ChristyG:
u see why u are d illitrate one,i was speaking yoruba not pidgin.u are obviously a loser dat is why are bragging about other people success.d isolent girl is obviously more reasonable than a broke a london nigga who lives his life on d internet forming big.phuck off jor and go and suck mama sagged t.itt.ies,little whimp

Well, if you had the career I've, you'd be on the internet 24/7 as well. That comes with the territory and being an IT professional. However, what's shocking is that you've access to the internet. That's definitely mind boggling!

I'm a don and I'm major, stark illiterate. grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:

Aren't you 22 or 23? I'm not an "old nyggah." Just not in ya age-bracket or ya level, stark illiterate.

You were on the Ijebu-hating thread created by Isale_gan2, and all the other ones in the culture section. Go dig them out yourself, and that's if you can use NL search for old threads. Something I doubt you'll be able to do! undecided

Eat a dyck, and stay away from Ijebu men. You don't deserve great merchants, and guys who can make a dollar out of 50 cents. undecided
i replied ur insults to yoruba women on dat thread and did not deginerate ijebus,about d others, u obviously dont know what u are talking about cos i cant remember any.and how does age translate to wisdom,there are lot of foolish old people(which u obviously are)just go and die,u ave nothing more to say.old nigga who has peanuts for a brain.now run along
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Joy83(m): 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ ChristyG and SirShymex Abeg, let's be mature for once nau and stop all these counter attack.
Everybody is entitle to his/her own opinion on NL, so it is a punishable offense to attack someone here.
Moreover, stop derailing this trend from its purpose. Let's learn how to accept one another with one love.

God bless Nigeria/Nigerians
God bless Yorubaland
God bless Ijebuland
God bless Akokoland
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
ChristyG:
i replied ur insults to yoruba women on dat thread and did not deginerate ijebus,about d others, u obviously dont know what u are talking about cos i cant remember any.and how does age translate to wisdom,there are lot of foolish old people(which u obviously are)just go and die,u ave nothing more to say.old nigga who has peanuts for a brain.now run along

But you denied being on Ijebu threads. Hell yeah, you only replied my insults to Yoruba women, and that was also why oduaboy, oderemo, and a few other Ijebu posters got involved, no?

You're a stark illiterate!

I'm done with you, scandalous little slag!
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, if you had the career I've, you'd be on the internet 24/7 as well. That comes with the territory and being an IT professional. However, what's shocking is that you've access to the internet. That's definitely mind boggling!

I'm a don and I'm major, stark illiterate. grin

career my foot,people like u who brag and call themselves don and big online are losers in real life.go get a life bro else u will die as broke nigga living in mommy basement.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
TV01:

Well received. Thanks.

TV

***could you post the book title please***

i found the online version in pdf for you.

http://afrrevjo.net/journals/ijah/Vol_1_no_3_art_15_Abimbola.pdf

tpia1:

my brother
I have never been to Ogun State, except in transit on the way to lagos.
That is what i know.
Just mentioning this because you may start believing your own lies, not sure what you are up to this time or who your target audience is.

i don't do mischief!
i genuinely thought you were from ijebu cos you are kinda knowledgable about the different clans of the yoruba people.

so where exactly are you from?
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
SirShymex:

But you denied being on Ijebu threads. Hell yeah, you only replied my insults to Yoruba women, and that was also why oduaboy, oderemo, and a few other Ijebu posters got involved, no?

You're a stark illiterate!

I'm done with you, scandalous little slag!
why are u running away whimp,dat doesnt mean i insulted ijebu,i only responde to u and odua insults.next time,dont start what u cant finish.loser born by a slag all u sisters and ur demented biatch mother are slags.phucking coward,educated illiterate
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by ChristyG(f): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
Joy83:
@ ChristyG and SirShymex Abeg, let's be mature for once nau and stop all these counter attack.
Everybody is entitle to his/her own opinion on NL, so it is a punishable offense to attack someone here.
Moreover, stop derailing this trend from its purpose. Let's learn how to accept one another with one love.

God bless Nigeria/Nigerians
God bless Yorubaland
God bless Ijebuland
God bless Akokoland
tell that to d deranged monkey that call himself shymexx,nobody can intimidate me,and definately not a deluded arrogant b@s.t@.rd son of a nobody.and u were d one who created d divisive thread
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Joy83(m): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

i found the online version in pdf for you.

http://afrrevjo.net/journals/ijah/Vol_1_no_3_art_15_Abimbola.pdf

i don't do mischief!
i genuinely thought you were from ijebu cos you are kinda knowledgable about the different clans of the yoruba people.

so where exactly are you from?

Thank you for your input here joor... I have downloaded it as well.
This is one of the opinion and knowledge to be shared here and not some kind of personal counter attack from some people.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Joy83:

Thank you for your input here joor... I have downloaded it as well.
This is one of the opinion and knowledge to be shared here and not some kind of personal counter attack from some people.

they have turned the thread into a slugfest. kindly contact the moderators to hide the posts that aren't contributing to the discussion.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by shizzle11(m): 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

they have turned the thread into a slugfest. kindly contact the moderators to hide the posts that aren't contributing to the discussion.
No please we dont need any comment hidden, this is just an enjoyable friendly banter and we need them for references, it isnt even as bad as what we have in other threads which are intact cheesy
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Stillfire: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
My sister is even dating an Ijebu guy. cheesy He cooked for me, so he has my blessing. tongue cool cool cool grin

TV01 we might end up being in laws. tongue
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
ChristyG:
why are u running away whimp,dat doesnt mean i insulted ijebu,i only responde to u and odua insults.next time,dont start what u cant finish.loser born by a slag all u sisters and ur demented biatch mother are slags.phucking coward,educated illiterate

Lol, delusional much? You know I eat folks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner when I'm pissed.

Anyway, bring ya flat batty, let me spray some Ijebu money on it. You know the Ijebus were the first to spend money in naija, right? Cow shells or whatever it is called, and money ain't a thang.

Bring that batty here, let me smack it lol.

And you lot need to stop this obsession with Ijebus. It is nauseating to come here and read this nonsense all the time. Especially when you were raised to be a proud Ijebu and Yoruba all your life. And you are oblivious to everything. Only to find out that some duffers stuck in the medieval age always have some jejune tales induced by 19th century jealousy, to post.

Just stop it!
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Joy83(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
Stillfire:
My sister is even dating an Ijebu guy. cheesy He cooked for me, so he has my blessing. tongue cool cool cool grin

You are on point... Me self dey go from Ondo go marry Ijebu girl anytime from now...lol

I have really learnt much today!
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by damiso(f): 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
coogar:

there's no tribe in nigeria that is jazz-free. i am not perturbed at all concerning jazz. stinginess & being prudent go hand in hand. it's mostly an individualistic trait.

what is more disturbing is the role they were alleged to have played during the trans-atlantic slave trade. the ijebus had the first contact with the europeans among the yoruba people so they benefitted immensely & even frustrated the other yoruba clans from making profit.

legend has it that the ijebus introduced their own tax before allowing the ijeshas, ondos, ekitis & ibadan slave merchants to ferry their slaves through ijebu land & this ate into their profit. personally, i think this is their major beef with the ijebus.

I don't doubt that part of history but that was a long time ago and not a time where most tribes don't come out smelling of roses.As you said all the other sub groups had slave merchants as well and I guess the capitalists in them made them take advantage of that fact.Not nice but it's in the past and most people who have issues with them seem to be from the jazz and being stingy issues.Also I forgot to add earlier there is this notion (hence why some people say I can even stand the men grin) that ijebu women are domineering as wives, mothers, mother in laws etc.Not saying that might not be true of SOME ijebu women but it's a stereotype that is further fuelled by some of these women being very financially independent.

Stereotypes are just what they are pre conceived notions about a set of people and I think it's just best to deal with people on an individual level.I know owerri ladies, (cococandy is mbaise owerri?)Benin or edo women etc too have to deal with those stereotypes as well so like I said deal with the Individual based on their own behaviour.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by cococandy(f): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
No. Mbaise is just close to owerri. But quite different
damiso:

I don't doubt that part of history but that was a long time ago and not a time where most tribes don't come out smelling of roses.As you said all the other sub groups had slave merchants as well and I guess the capitalists in them made them take advantage of that fact.Not nice but it's in the past and most people who have issues with them seem to be from the jazz and being stingy issues.Also I forgot to add earlier there is this notion (hence why some people say I can even stand the men grin) that ijebu women are domineering as wives, mothers, mother in laws etc.Not saying that might not be true of SOME ijebu women but it's a stereotype that is further fuelled by some of these women being very financially independent.

Stereotypes are just what they are pre conceived notions about a set of people and I think it's just best to deal with people on an individual level.I know owerri ladies, (cococandy is mbaise owerri?)Benin or edo women etc too have to deal with those stereotypes as well so like I said deal with the Individual based on their own behaviour.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by damiso(f): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
cococandy:

Okay.
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by armyofone(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
They have the best plantain amala and make the best ewedu soup and peppery stew.

Stillfire:
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by coogar: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
damiso:

of course, it's in the past but the generation that witnessed it & their immediate offspring aren't letting go. in another 20-50 years, all of them should be dead & hopefully, the stereotyping would end.

it saddens me how people still hold on to dark history. and you know what they say about forbidden things......ijebu babes all of a sudden became the most attractive of the lot & it has to do with the fact that it's almost forbidden in nearly all the other yoruba states. grin

they still have the osu thingy in the east. i cannot imagine taking a sweet babe to ituku ozalla only for my family to say she's an osu....i would start a riot. osu-gini? do osus have 3 brëasts or what is forbidden about them? me thinks we should get rid of all the folks older than 70 in our midst in nigeria, they are the ones holding the progress of that country & it's unity.

cococandy:

i still cannot believe cococandy is an ada owerri. grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by cococandy(f): 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Best believe it grin

Erm you're right about the older generation perpetuating backwardness and superstition.

I just wish younger ones will shun such mind conditionining.
Tribalism,superstitious beliefs etcetera will dwindle greatly.

coogar:

of course, it's in the past but the generation that witnessed it & their immediate offspring aren't letting go. in another 20-50 years, all of them should be dead & hopefully, the stereotyping would end.

it saddens me how people still hold on to dark history. and you know what they say about forbidden things......ijebu babes all of a sudden became the most attractive of the lot & it has to do with the fact that it's almost forbidden in nearly all the other yoruba states. grin

they still have the osu thingy in the east. i cannot imagine taking a sweet babe to ituku ozalla only for my family to say she's an osu....i would start a riot. osu-gini? do osus have 3 brëasts or what is forbidden about them? me thinks we should get rid of all the folks older than 70 in our midst in nigeria, they are the ones holding the progress of that country & it's unity.

i still cannot believe cococandy is an ada owerri. grin
Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
This thread is an interesting one.

So coogar mama is from ijebu igbo?
Edwife from mbaise
Damiso fro ijebu(dammy, i tot u r from lagos state)
Tpia ijebu
Aluta ijebu(tot she is igbo)
Where dem?

Ehee, i hv a friend i hv joined in calling ijebu igbo(she is not even yoruba but married to one)
So why do people call her ijebu igbo jokinly?

Heard ijebus love to make money, they r husslers. Na true talk?
Abeg where them, i will love to meet them kiss

No wonder damiso love money too much cheesy
(Dodges her bullet grin)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Orientation As To Non-ijebu Yourbas Marrying Ijebu Citizen??? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
armyofone:
They have the best plantain amala and make the best ewedu soup and peppery stew.

Ijebu or Ibadan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Hates My Best Friend. What Should I Do? / Tanzanian Authorities To Publish Names Of Married Men To Protect Single Women / Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.