Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles (72583 Views)

UNIBEN Students Build Speed Breakers Along Lagos-Benin Express Road (photos) / Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by MEILYN(m): 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
OloyeJawnson:

Ok we cool now.. No harm meant. Cheers!
cheers brother...
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by IAMGEJ(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
[s][/s]
handysuzy:
I was at the Canaanland yesterday and before the end of the service, Oyedepo announced what wonders the covenant university students are performing.

The red colour car is built to use power generator set which will make it reduce fuel usage. It will use just 1 litre of fuel per 60 kilometer. The ash colour car is fantastically built with three powerful batteries that will make it store power and re-use later, much like an inverter

The keke napep is very beautiful too, it can reverse.

Below are the pictures.
[/s]

Point of correction... They didn't build a car, they only remix an already made car #gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by gift01: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Lemme think like an Investor here: I'd obviously put my money in it if the Chancellor, VC and entire school environment start using the vehicles and there's absolutely no complaint about it. BUT something tells me WHY HAS THE WHITE MAN OR CAR PRODUCERS NOT THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE? Is it just a wild goose chase or another case of one black man deceiving other black men. Nice Innovation Scholars but you must successfully test run this for several months before jubilating. Pls don't embarras yourself. This obviously should not be the end to this news. Good evening

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by MEILYN(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Larow:
All CU students are dummies! As if the person that pronouced that knows anything. After failing in your own field, you are looking for excuses to back up your failure. My bro is a product of CU, ICT department! If any of your generation can match his standard in the field let's stage a contest. Just talking rubbish out of sentiment and jealousy.
Ohhh, I feel your pain bro....
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by eleko1: 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
grin sad cheesy ;DHaba!Awon Iya Osoronga!Village winch,E dakun E dariji omo yin ooo.Even if it can't take Us reach permanent site,@ least it fit carry us from Oshodi reach Obalende reach Ikeja.
IYANGBALI:
those things no go fit carry us reach permanent site o,you better wake up

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
The way some people talk here on nl is always disgusting, annoying and pathetic. U don't know anything yet u will be berating other peoples effort. What can u boast of doing whether from scratch or assemble? Nothing!!! U believe because of ur terrible background u feel people can't make waves in their own endeavours. People are succeeding on a daily basis, u are busy lamenting! U av nothing to show so keep ur cries of failures to yourselves.
If u can't appreciate an effort towards success then no one will celebrate u that's if u even get to succeed at the end. You are a product of ur thoughts. If u don't believe in success u can never succeed. Know before u make judgements, don't make judgements when u don't av first hand info on what's on ground. There are only a few that make judgements objectively here

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Rapsainot(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Bitojoe:

you are booking space when your mate are using idea.when will you learn?
lols , my mates? Ideas? undecided hnmmm, don't lemme talk sha. You're looking for trouble but I won't give you

P. S don't quote me again

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
Shout hellelujah if u came here to read the hillarious comments!
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
For those saying they didn't build the autos from scratch; even top manufacturing companies contract the making of certain parts of their products to other companies. The F22 Raptor is 'manufactured' by Lockheed Martin but do u know that as at the time of completion, over 250 companies have had a hand in its manufacture?... Let's be happy for our own, at least they are not making IEDs.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Sylverbox(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
...Story for the gods, the gods ooo...
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by InvertedHammer: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
/
I am impressed....

Just for the fact that someone is thinking.

Unlike some people that only wait around for the latest versions of other products to enter the market.

Yes! And they will never fail to remind you that they are engineers

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by David4best(m): 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
It is welcome development. Our Mechanical Engineering students and graduates are doing their best to sep up automobile industries in Nigeria. Very soon, the importation & cost of vehicles will be drastically reduced in this country. I am proud to be a Mechanical Engineering graduate. We are going to move this country forward technologically

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by ezceejay: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
This is good job, how about the body.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by eleko1: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
grin sad sad sadThe shildren of destruction and anti progress don land for here.#Dodge their bleating,use IYANGBALI as camouflage/shield.Outa the tread#
handysuzy:
I was at the Canaanland yesterday and before the end of the service, Oyedepo announced what wonders the covenant university students are performing.

The red colour car is built to use power generator set which will make it reduce fuel usage. It will use just 1 litre of fuel per 60 kilometer. The ash colour car is fantastically built with three powerful batteries that will make it store power and re-use later, much like an inverter

The keke napep is very beautiful too, it can reverse.

Below are the pictures.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by jammani(m): 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hehehehe.... The ash car is already made mazda likewise the napep. The red car is a chinco made vehicle tho I'm unable to identify the manufacturer.
Listen ooo, the batteries in the red car were not made in nigeria. Also the generator in the ash car is not nigeria made. So wtf have they done
Here is the answer, they successfully removed the engine in the red car and install batteries and used electronic hybrid system for the wheels. The ash car propelled by generator can never exceed 50km/h, that can be equated with a keke napep. I don't know much bou the napep cos I'm strictly into car automobiles.

Can we praise them for what they have done? Yes we can cos its a big initiatives buh they should stop deluding people dey made a car cos all wat dey ave done is modification not modelling.

Criticism: The red car propelled by electronic system require a very effective braking system. This is because electrical braking system is unrelaible, the vehicle mite somersault if d driver match d brake wen his is maintaining top speed. The other car propelled by a gen set will likely be replaced may be every day sef cos endine designed for generators a meant to propell the alternator not a gear system. I wonder if the car can ave reverse system.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
kevoh:
China started like this. Let's encourage these CU students, at least the creative parts of their brains is being put to use.

Which china??
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by 9jatatafo(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
You telling me that the cars were built from scratch by Covenant University undergraduates? OP just say assembled cars by the students. This is a propaganda. Sometime last year when I was travelling along Lagos-Ibadan expressway around Ibafo area, I say a Nigerian made helicopter struggling space with cars on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway with propeller rotating at great speed. I slowed down and drove slowly behind the helicopter, oh boy, for like 45 minutes helicopter did not take off into the air, was just moving like a car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Sunday17: 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nice 1 there. I can do better if I av the caital.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by bebe2(f): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hahaha.

Were is the production stages.

Those products can be from any where.
They look too clean for a students project.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Larow(m): 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
MEILYN:
Ohhh, I feel your pain bro....
what a pity bro! Sorry!!! People will continue to make exploits and yours will only be to keep criticizing, you'll remain where you are.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by juman(m): 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Họọọhuu!

Our group project was tricycle for disable in 1997.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
hmm das fascinating! I love such news, keep it up. Thumbs up 2 dem.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
This is good initiative but the Topic is misleading. They didn't make any car from scratch. Obviously those parts and engines are not from scratch. #Thumbs-Up
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
bebe2:
Hahaha.

where is the production stages.

Those products can be from any where.
They look too clean for a students project.
if you inventing from scratch there should be proofs(prefarably picture).... Although I commend them but again "topic is scap"

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Akalia(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
timsbee:
CU students keh

Impossicant!!!

Their girls can F***........
who asked you?
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
who are they trying to deceive?
check out the bodywork on those vehicles,they're too neat to have been done by students.
I would know, futo students have been making vehicles but none has ever been as neat as these, probably because the fabrication and mending are done by the students themselves.
I think what happened here is that the students were given this project and they ran to their rich parents who provided the cash, and some more cash with which the students went to professionals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by maestroferddi: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
Only engineers understand...

And we are not telling you so speculate away!
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by esteltiarra: 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Exceeding grace, double portion...........next levels........ wink
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by bebe2(f): 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Rioavez:
if you inventing from scratch there should be proofs(prefarably picture).... Although I commend them but again "topic is scap"

Exactly!
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ever heard of outsourcing?
Did apple manufacture all part of itz iphone 6?Yet credit goes to apple for itz birth.
D unilag guy decided to do errytin by himself..
hijaiyemakinde:
A unilag student built a transparent jet-like car, this is so unrealistic...student built something like dat? Covenant student for that marra!the painting is Too professional 4 a student...don't still belive it.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Sijioke(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
handysuzy:
It will use just 1 litre of fuel per 60 kilometer.
imagine the rubbish she just said.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by kevoh(m): 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
himkers:

Which china??

You do know Chinese products are/were imitations of the real deal. My point is, it is not the finished products made by these CU students that matters but the fact that their brains were stimulated to make such. The experience and creativity remains with them to adulthood. The fact that we have Engineering undergrads be it Covenant, Unilag or FUTA who can come up with such finished products no matter how crude it might look is a thing of Joy, hopefully Nigeria will have an enabling environment for these young lads in the future. If you can not see the positives in this, then my brother it's a big shame.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Never Had Sex With Any Man —21 Year Old KWASU Best Graduating Student / If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) / Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.