Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles (72585 Views)

UNIBEN Students Build Speed Breakers Along Lagos-Benin Express Road (photos) / Ekiti State University Students Rioting Now In Epe, Lagos. / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Smooyis(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kudos! It is really heartwarming to read news like this.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Godskidmidas(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
but human beings can be quite funny at times. if na one questionable thing oyedepo do we go condemn am sharp sharp but now that something laudable has come from his school, we're saying it's nothing big, it's not the first time such will be done in this country . no wonder berti vogts said if "my enemies see me walking on water, they'll see it's because I can't swim "

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Sibrah: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
I sense 'jealousy' in here.
Engineering has moved beyond 'reinventing the wheel' for ever component in a system.
Same way phone manufacturers reuse preexisting digital circuitry to implement new designs is the way mechanics use standard components to assemble or implement new design.
The students have done well as far as i am concerned.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
It's disturbing that some folks on NL refer to CU students as "DUMB", typical PDS... Pull Down Syndrome. Research and Development is about funding aka MONEY. Without it, you can't go far. CU is a private university and thus, has access to unimaginable funding to reach far and wide success in engineering. Most of the Thomas's will continue criticizing while CU becomes an engineering hub; sending their students for STEM exchange programs, and before you know it, it may turn out to be the next MIT of Nigeria.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by gnykelly(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
this is a poor project applaud by1960 profs.
you build on existing knowledge not recomposing old knowledge.
after the 2008 recession. Obama and american auto companies went in to research on how American motors can compete with Japanese motor.
beginning last two years all their output are extremely fuel efficient. this a far cry.
stop celebrating mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by yomanovic: 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
amokeme:
;Dthey are going to start using it for shuttle service too cheesy imagine students well dressed inside the keke.. lol. Its going to be really funny

see the number of people viewing this trend! Like say na ball. Anyways, the chancellor never said "they built it from the scratch" I dont know where the Op got that information.

Learn to appreciate something coming from your own immediate environment. If the keke were to be from yankee now, you wouldn't have any issue with it I guess.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by ugwum007(m): 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
rattlesnake:

Ote Call ur own mechanic na let him build it angry

...even the richest man in ur village cannot do 1/100th of what Oyedepo has done

enemy of progress

u really ve a problem. even robot pikin ve not built a car like that from scratch. ....u re certainly one of the problems Nigeria is facing

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by MEILYN(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Larow:
what a pity bro! Sorry!!! People will continue to make exploits and yours will only be to keep criticizing, you'll remain where you are.
I just laughed to this... Keep swearing for your entire generation... Just take a bow. Oyedepo na your papa? I have every right to share my views on issues. I.diot

Very s.tupid human being...
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Pasca07: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:
They just did nothing I repeat nothing except a trash can.
ur name says it all
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by koyyess: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
undecided
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by prayNaija: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
SmellMyFart:
This was exactly my thought.

Which one is your thought. If u don't believe that any good thing can come out of Nigeria. Na you sabi. Express go live u. BRAVO covenant uni.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by nijanigga: 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
sirjohnson:
Oyedepo is building cars and champions. Kudos to those students

PS: Oyakhilome’s Name has been removed as trustee of his own U.K branch church...courtesy of his wife...Read that one Here
so who are you trying to market? they are all men of gold. mog.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Sibrah: 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
MEILYN:
Propaganda grin...... Oyedepo wants more students in his covenant university, so what did he do? He bought new engines and everything needed in a car, called a mechanic and they fixed everything in place.

And Here he is claiming his students built the car from the scratch.....

Quote me and regret it

Are the students suppose to invent every part or component that goes into the final product?
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by handysuzy(f): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
Sijioke:
imagine the rubbish she just said.

Please sir, how is it rubbish? I stand to be corrected
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
sirjohnson:
Oyedepo is building cars and champions. Kudos to those students

PS: Oyakhilome’s Name has been removed as trustee of his own U.K branch church...courtesy of his wife...Read that one Here
who asked yu for the info cheesy
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by prayNaija: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
nijanigga:

so who are you trying to market? they are all men of gold. mog.

You are right. They serve a very rich God who has all the golds. They are not expected to lack golds. I mean legitimate golds. Together we shall transform Naija MOG
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by mbz101(m): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Very young boiz from poor ground and primary school cert at early 20s on street convert small shuttle for commercial purpose , works on the the engine and convert to right hand . ...pls ur missionary funds to create technical schools for them to improve .
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by prowlG: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
This is really nice. Either its made from scratch that or not, we need to appreciate the fact that this is done in Nigeria.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by ugwum007(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
pls which investor which even take a look at the designs, a car that runs on electric generator engine? what will happen to the obnoxious noise it will generate?, what about the heat?
cars of nowadays ve technologies that ve moved past dis....pls look for something else & show us..
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by chinex276(m): 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
Madness is wen u give u last cash 2 build a school 4 ur church where ur children cannot attend.
Olofofo is wen ur pastor tells u 2 sow a seed weneva ur sick bt he runs 2 germany or USA 4 medical attention weneva he has headache.
Stupidity is wen u runs, sing, shout during evangelism nd ur sweating lyk shit nd ur pastor nd his family is in an air condition vehicle cruising.
Say "NO" 2 fanatism
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by prowlG: 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Sibrah:

Are the students suppose to invent every part or component that goes into the final product?

Pls tell them, even the big companies you see that manufacture phones and so on, all they do is assemble components together.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by xcoded(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
vryvry nice and impresive
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by snowcool: 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
good news
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Krisddon: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
I'm not gullible simple!
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by ugwum007(m): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
chinex276:
Madness is wen u give u last cash 2 build a school 4 ur church where ur children cannot attend.
Olofofo is wen ur pastor tells u 2 sow a seed weneva ur sick bt he runs 2 germany or USA 4 medical attention weneva he has headache.
Stupidity is wen u runs, sing, shout during evangelism nd ur sweating lyk shit nd ur pastor nd his family is in an air condition vehicle cruising.
Say "NO" 2 fanatism

I believe Christianity is a personal race...run urs as u deem fit

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by prayNaija: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
ugwum007:
pls which investor which even take a look at the designs, a car that runs on electric generator engine? what will happen to the obnoxious noise it will generate?, what about the heat?
cars of nowadays ve technologies that ve moved past dis....pls look for something else & show us..
These young students and the chancellor are just having their nice time now. You are here inventing gossip ang hypertension. na God u need

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by nd07(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
What a very gud development. but Papa Oyedepo has nt said such anywhere, if covenant university did such( which i know is achievable by them), piple will know. i think ds post is aiming at something i can't understand. if nt gv us a back up link. for ur info, covenant university is nt lacking students. it is a desire of many 2 be there.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by Mbediogu(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
In as much as we wish to attain high national level of technology and industrialisation, those 'who know' are well aware that such feat (though easy for any serious nation) are just not possible in present day Nigeria where electric power, iron & steel & foundry are not available. Assembly is possible but fabrication up to 30% content is doubtful. This is not to say that expertise and manpower are lacking in Nigeria. To me it is mere advertisement.
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by prayNaija: 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
nd07:
What a very gud development. but Papa Oyedepo has nt said such anywhere, if covenant university did such( which i know is achievable by them), piple will know. i think ds post is aiming at something i can't understand. if nt gv us a back up link. for ur info, covenant university is nt lacking students. it is a desire of many 2 be there.
Thanks my dear
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by ugwum007(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
prayNaija:

These young students and the chancellor are just having their nice time now. You are here inventing gossip ang hypertension. na God u need

keep praising technology meant for 1960s......u re one of the reasons our country is in deep shit...u no need God, rat scrotal sac
Re: Covenant University Students Build Cars, Tricycles by amokeme(f): 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
yomanovic:

Learn to appreciate something coming from your own immediate environment. If the keke were to be from yankee now, you wouldn't have any issue with it I guess.
not like I have a problem with it. The thing is just funny, imagine a student going for class in a nice blazer, jump up trouser/skirt, ur shoe, hair bag all on point... only to enter keke cry but, I guess its cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Never Had Sex With Any Man —21 Year Old KWASU Best Graduating Student / If You Know These Guys, You Are Old (photos) / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.