Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

How Did You Handle That "NO" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Handle That "NO" (1025 Views)

How Do You Handle A Woman With Hot Temper / How Do You Handle Financial Issues In Your Relationship? / How Will You Handle A Feud Between An Ex Boyfriend And A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Handle That "NO" by matured(m): 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2008
I could remember the first time i tried to woo a girl the answer i got from her was NO am not intersted and this made me not to ask again from any other.because i felt very bad that day.
I know most  of us might have had similar experence,so i want you to come up here and tell us how you felt when HE or SHE said 'NO'to your request for friendship.
just come up and lets hear your won side .

NB:contribtion from both male and female.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by MrCrackles(m): 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2008
Not being cocky but Brash aint never been turned down!

The point is, i have never had a NO and this is no disrespect to the ladies cheesy
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by MissyB1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 09, 2008
Make I round if na true. lipsrsealed
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by DavidDylan(m): 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2008
Body language . . . guys.

If a girl will say no, it shld be apparent to you even before you ask. The only time i heard "no", it took me only 20 mins to get her to change her mind because i knew she wanted to say yes but needed her concerns addressed first.

If you do ur homework very well, you should reduce the number of times you hear the dreaded "no".
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by matured(m): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2008
wow
never knew u gus were waitng for me lol thanks guys for ur rapid responds.
@david
the body language thing dont think it really works cos i could remember that girl that refused me was really looking at me when we were in the bus when we highlghted and i walk up to hear she even told me hear name and even gave me good reply to other questions i asked her but later when i asked hear for friendship she just said No.that was ust it.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by tope2000(f): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2008
No - means maybe grin
Maybe - mean yes grin
But sometimes wen I say No then by God I mean NO cool
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by MrCrackles(m): 11:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
tope2000:

No - means maybe grin
Maybe - mean yes grin
But sometimes when I say No then by God I mean NO cool

with you, it took u nanoseconds to say YES to my advances

and the pata was coming off in milliseconds, oh yes it was! grin
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by tope2000(f): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2008
MrCrackles:

with you, it took u nanoseconds to say YES to my advances

and the pata was coming off in milliseconds, oh yes it was! grin

Lol . . . . . . ole, u wish grin
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by yicob(m): 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2008
Crackles no deaf my ears.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by matured(m): 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2008
yeah tope u mayb right.
but this chap i was talking at wasnt living around u know.so i think sometimes nNo MEANS NO aint intersted.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by matured(m): 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2008
but the issue now is.if u have ever been told NO.how did u handle it.how did u feel.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by tope2000(f): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2008
Carry on with life and don't let it discourage u from asking someone out again cool
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by DavidDylan(m): 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2008
I've never had to handle a "no" before but i know close friends who have. Most guys dont spend the time to be good friends with the girl they are asking out in the first instance - if you took the time to know her and you both are mature enough to handle it, some girls will give you a good idea why they are saying no. Perhaps she has someone else, or she's not interested in dating at the moment, or she doesnt think you both are a good fit.

It is important to know why she said no so you dont make the same mistake with someone else.

Before you even ask a girl out - ask yourself if you can sense she has some attraction to you.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by yicob(m): 12:00am On Nov 10, 2008
NO could be devastating and heartbreaking. The best way to get over it is to keep persuading the girl, who knows she might change her mind. To be on a safer side, forget about her NO, get involve in lucrative business and start building your passion for someone that would say YES. Though have never heard the word NO from any girl. . . . .Its always YES, always.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by eldee(m): 12:16am On Nov 10, 2008
It's very easy . . . hit on the next chic you meet
Life's too short to start wasting time on one chic

Besides you can't get 'yes' all the time
The one time I've been rejected, she said no cause she thinks 'I flirt too much'
I was like . . . cool then, next week I was with her friend cheesy cheesy
I can't change moi if I don't want to
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by HRhotness(f): 4:12am On Nov 10, 2008
i hav had to handle a couple of NOs and both times d guys changed their minds and came back to beg. . . apparently the idea that a girl made d first move was difficult to handle  grin grin grin

When i say No i absolutely mean HELL NO!
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by Morenike3(f): 4:17am On Nov 10, 2008
@post
I handled it quite well tongue cry Who said one can find love in elementary school? cry cry cry
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by iice(f): 11:13am On Nov 10, 2008
My no is a no. E don finish

Haven't had a no, but i'd prolly just go on my way.
The body language thing works, if you know what you are looking for.
Some Naija men can be clueless about that grin
Even if you shout no for their ear, dem no dey understand,
na something as subtle as body language dem suppose 'get'? rofl
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by Godalone(m): 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2008
NO! very strong two letters word.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by Nautillus(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2008
When she say NO . . . .you got 2 options . .
1. Walk away . . . .or
2. Persist . . .( as in withdraw . . .review approach errors . . . , re-strategize . . .launch another strike attack)
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by LadyT(f): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
I hope I dont regret saying this but I do respect some of you guys who just pick yourselves up after being rejected.

I will admit I have given some pretty mean no's in the past only because it was the only way to get the guy to back off.

Example some guy says hi
I reply hi back
Next question can I have your number?
I say no I keep walking
He follows and says but I just love you so much
I get mad and say get lost

But now sometimes if a guy says hi and hes looking at me in [i]that [/i]way I just pretend I cant hear it.

Bitch I know but saves the drama.
Re: How Did You Handle That "NO" by minute(f): 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2008
I tell him ;"If you don't like me, then fine! . . . . . .i don't like you either" . . . undecided undecided undecided

Then probably throw a fit and curse the motherfuckers ass  out

once its out i move on easily.

Or how else am i supposed to handle it? Rejection is hard to accept   embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Can't Let Me Be / My Ex Broke Up With Me Twice. / Gold-diggers In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.