Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! (51000 Views)

Some Facts About Medical Students And Medical School #pictures / Medical Students Protest, Lock UNILAG Gate (Photos) / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 08, 2014
Ibime:

How many years did you study for your degree and how many years did they study? Yet you want to earn the same as them. Selfish guy.

Lolz.... I rest my case!!
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2014
SirWaybijo:
Aw many of these things are created by Nigerian engineers?

Atleast with your support and prayers 4 urs we will get there...
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2014
brilliant5:

while in sch u flex nd doctors sweat.. Out of sch u sweat doc flex.
Stop hatin na

Lolz..... I rest my case
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by DrGroove(f): 7:09am On Oct 08, 2014
wristwatch:
World richest people
1. Carlos Slim Helu (Telecoms Engineer)
2. Bill gates(Comp Engineer)
3. Warren buffet( Petroleum Engineer)
5. Laskhmi (Mechanical Engineer)

checking d list frm 1st - 100th, U wont see any medical profession. Infact Agriculture is among .. Meaning Engineering and Agriculture rule far better dan Medical field.

Dont envy their chicken change of 60k sal. With time u will overtake them and they wont see d flash of ur brake light.
Medical profession isn't about acquiring wealth. Being comfortable is just OK...... Even the wealthiest of all needs a doctor. Health is wealth. Get all the wealth you want.I know for sure that Bill Gates respects his doctor.Stop hating and respect yours.The richest man must respect the poorest doctor.Doctors ain't dragging wealth with any professionals. Take note!

2 Likes

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Cabsso(m): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Tbliss12:
Lolz..... After reading the comments here I realize that the already or aspiring Med guys are feeling like "Chairmen" pls don't get it twisted in naija we only enjoy God's grace and favor cos I've seen M.B.B.S doc strolling all round the state in search for job/placement after almost 8yrs of study. Just believe in yourself and be very much hard-working irrespective of the professional courses, if you believe it u can achieve it.
Am findin it difficult 2believ u.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by GodswillAJudins(m): 7:24am On Oct 08, 2014
Let see it this way.
Imagine the word without light(electric), gadgets and machines to aid the doctors, the won't be able to perform effectively. So engineering is the core to every other discipline. Nigeria would surely have a turn over in technology,
Doctors I hail your good work but engineering is the core and ur backbone in modern medicine. Show so respect.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by nobilis: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2014
GodswillAJudins:
Let see it this way.
Imagine the word without light(electric), gadgets and machines to aid the doctors, the won't be able to perform effectively. So engineering is the core to every other discipline. Nigeria would surely have a turn over in technology,
Doctors I hail your good work but engineering is the core and ur backbone in modern medicine. Show so respect.

Every other profession will keep claiming that doctors cannot function without them. Engineers will come and say their own. Lawyers will come and say their own, and so on. Na wa oo. I wonder how many technological gadgets a doctor needs to take patient history and make his provisional diagnosis before any other thing. I wonder how many technological gadgets Hippocrates (the father of medicine) used during his time.

Like I have said, every profession is important. But some are more important than others because of what they deal with. You may be an engineer and you guys make all medical equipments. But it is still a doctor that will decide when a patient needs to make use of such equipments.

When you want to compare two professions, start from the very beginning. Start from the preparatory stages. Don't start from when the remunerations start coming in.

Lastly, during the NYSC year, a doctor works in a hospital consulting and treating patients who are brought to him. While you as an engineer, you're teaching in a class room. Yet you want to be paid the same allowance as the doctor. Is that fair? Is that what equity is all about? Is that justice?

1 Like

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by ozo13(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Tbliss12:
Lolz..... After reading the comments here I realize that the already or aspiring Med guys are feeling like "Chairmen" pls don't get it twisted in naija we only enjoy God's grace and favor cos I've seen M.B.B.S doc strolling all round the state in search for job/placement after almost 8yrs of study. Just believe in yourself and be very much hard-working irrespective of the professional courses, if you believe it u can achieve it.
chairman na DAT person sabi em own wahala o.even as medical student close to graduation. Some dudes wr collecting 60-80k / month.its all abt smartness.so I still beliv na person sabi wetin dey worry am.and thats how most Nigerians beliv all d ppl dey meet in consulting room too r all medical doctors.little do dey know dat alot of them are nurses or lab person posing as a doctor grin.we still have a long way to go in this country. grin
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2014
Cabsso:

Am findin it difficult 2believ u.

Lolz.... Its not you believing what I just said but looking @d society which we occupy nd see if its tru or not for me I have seen it.... Simple!!
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2014
ozo13:
chairman na DAT person sabi em own wahala o.even as medical student close to graduation. Some dudes wr collecting 60-80k / month.its all abt smartness.so I still beliv na person sabi wetin dey worry am.and thats how most Nigerians beliv all d ppl dey meet in consulting too r doctors.little do dey know dat alot of them are nurses or lab person posing as a doctor grin.we still have a long way to go in this country.

Yeah that's the word "Smartness" and "concepts" those are 2things that will surely seperate u from d crowd.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by bigsmoke2(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2014
Most people dont know how tough medical training is. Let me give u an insight÷

° Med school requries total commitment

° Its very hard to do any side hustling

°Nothing like carry over u fail,u get kicked out

°The longest official holiday u get is 2 weeks in 1 year Hence we spend double the time most other udergraduate spend inschool +strike

°U must meet 75%attendance or no exam

°We wite exams every 3 weeks on the average

°Sometimes professional exams can span a month with only weekend as break

°Go To a bookshop and ask the price of (robbins & cotran)medical books are pretty expensive

°U can stand up to 8 hours when u go for forensic autopsies, wardround or surgical procedures

°We use the negative marking system for exam ie minus 1 for every question u fail

°pass mark is 50 for every exam and not 40

3 Likes

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2014
ozo13:
chairman na DAT person sabi em own wahala o.even as medical student close to graduation. Some dudes wr collecting 60-80k / month.its all abt smartness.so I still beliv na person sabi wetin dey worry am.and thats how most Nigerians beliv all d ppl dey meet in consulting room too r all medical doctors.little do dey know dat alot of them are nurses or lab person posing as a doctor grin.we still have a long way to go in this country. grin

By God's grace we will get there..... Goodmorning!!

1 Like

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by froshswagoon(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2014
I agree with you..the main problem we have in nigeria is that we keep discriminating one another and until we deal with that factor,we can't get it right
I rep Civil Engineering..#fact
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by ozo13(m): 8:35am On Oct 08, 2014
U jus nailed it bro.nice one
bigsmoke2:

°The longest official holiday u get is 2 weeks in 1 year Hence we spend double the time most other udergraduate spend inschool +strike

°Go To a bookshop and ask the price of (robbins & cotran)medical books are pretty expensive

°U can stand up to 8 hours when u go for forensic autopsies, wardround or surgical procedures

°We use the negative marking system for exam ie minus 1 for every question u fail

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by ozo13(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2014
Free d guy.na broke ppl dey always think/ talk like dat.am sure bill gate and oda billionaires won't make such statement.infact let d guy tell us how many machines/automobile/telecommunication gadgets all d engineers in d skol he graduated from wen d skol started doing engineering courses till date put to d Nigerian market. Am very sure may b less dan 3 or even noting sef grin d European engineers are in d field working and our own engineers here in nigeria DAT can't produce anything are jus here bragging grin grin.
DrGroove:

Medical profession isn't about acquiring wealth. Being comfortable is just OK...... Even the wealthiest of all needs a doctor. Health is wealth. Get all the wealth you want.I know for sure that Bill Gates respects his doctor.Stop hating and respect yours.The richest man must respect the poorest doctor.Doctors ain't dragging wealth with any professionals. Take note!
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Feraz(m): 9:06am On Oct 08, 2014
bigsmoke2:

No offence bro but do you know how tough Engineering is also? After 5 years in school, do you know we're required to study under an experienced Engineer for another four years and then some certification exams before getting the title 'Engineer'? What do you think happens after you fail the exam? Why do people in Nigeria look down on the profession Engineering? Yeah, another person will come here to say common spark plug/switch, we can't change. Nigeria took the medical profession serious because it deals with life forgetting that machines also deal with life by aiding what humans normally will do or accomplish in years. If there's an accident say for an automobile, how many lives most times are involved? It's this nation I blame for failing to distinguish many professions and not forgetting the useless Engineering bodies in the persons of COREN and NSE. I probably should start a topic on how incompetent these bodies are so they can know they don't have any functions here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Feraz(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
Tbliss12:

Atleast with your support and prayers 4 urs we will get there...
We're gonna keep praying without achieving anything. It's time we all stood up and demand that the government sponsor Research and Development centres in the country otherwise, we'll never get there technologically and we'll keep receiving insults from other professions.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by skillacci: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Elantracey:
The disparity is displayed everywhere , though the usefulness of the medical field cannot be overemphasized they can't function properly without the help of engineers , take my school for example , the there are two medical hostels with are the best in the school while engineering has none and now even the newly built hostel is still being deliberated on whether it should go to the medical field.

You mean the NDDC hostel?
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Feraz(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2014
skillacci:
Yeah. That's what she's referring to.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by SwagPower: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2014
Functionoftime:

Who's hating who? You sound so childish, i can't be trading words with you. I just tried to educate you because you said engineers should face their field and I'll educate you more
There's virtually no field that doesn't need the knowledge and works of engineers. In agriculture, we have agricultural engineers that helps with farm mechanization to improve farm yield. Imagine the banking industry today without E-banking and atm. You can also imagine modern medicine without technology. I can go on and on
I'm proud to be an engineer but then, i cannot rate engineering ahead of medicine here in Nigeria. In general, only baby doctors would say they don't need engineers
like I said... read ma last comment... Aint got tym 2 expend nugatory folks ...
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Ebunoluwah: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2014
all will be well.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Ebunoluwah: 10:34am On Oct 08, 2014
well technology is ruling the world ENGINEERING to be precised. Any ways we all work together for good.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by GreatMan5: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2014
OP, you need to understand that during National Youth Service, medical corps members are working as fully qualified medical practitioners (doctors). Their medical curriculum allows them to attain professional status whilst studying for their bachelor's degree (MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery). Same applies to lawyers, who go to Law School and are called to Bar before undergoing the National Youth Service scheme. Consequently, both medical and law corps members are entitled to their full professional titles, 'Dr' and 'Bar' respectively, during NYSC.

Meanwhile, the situation is different for engineering corps members, who are just fresh university graduates, and are not yet professional engineers. In Nigeria, you need your B.Eng degree plus additional four years of post-NYSC engineering experience for you to be eligible for registration as a professional engineer. In other parts of the world, like the UK for example, engineering graduates require advanced degrees such as a M.Eng or MSc in Engineering plus some years of relevant industry experience before they can become chartered engineers. It's tough enough to be an engineering graduate; yet, it's even tougher for one to become a professional or chartered engineer. The world over, there are so many graduate engineers, but very few professional (chartered) engineers.

Based on my assertions above, it can be easily seen that the medical corps members are earning what they deserve. They come to NYSC with clinical experience, which enables them to immediately hit the ground running. Whereas, engineering graduates are teaching Physics in secondary schools and are adequately remunerated as 'teachers', not as 'professional engineers'. So, you shouldn't expect the government to treat you like they do to doctors; corps members from both disciplines are rendering different levels of services to the government during National Youth Service. Do not expect this to change immediately, because Nigeria is not a technology creating nation yet. As long as we remain a technology consuming (instead of technology creating) nation, our young engineering graduates would continue to teach during national youth service. The government cannot afford to place all engineering corps members in engineering companies, as such companies do not exist in the first place. The only way forward is for the government to provide the right environment and legislation to deliberately attract manufacturing companies and private sector's participation in the technological development of the nation. No nation can develop or succeed in the present world without developing its engineering or technological capacities. There is the popular saying that, "You are what you eat." Same way, a nation is what its engineering or technology is. So, you can easily see the reason why Nigeria is like this.

You also need to know that engineers can't be appreciated like their counterparts in the medical and legal professions (doctors and lawyers). The reason is simple: engineers don't deal directly with people in the society, meanwhile doctors treat their patients one-on-one; and lawyers attend to their clients one-on-one, so they are able to win the admiration of the public and are appreciated accordingly. Imagine a doctor coming to the rescue of a dying man, he would never forget how a doctor 'saved' his life and therefore, he would highly esteem medicine. Same applies to an innocent man who was erroneously sentenced to death, but his lawyers were able to prove his innocence and got him acquitted at last. Such a man would be so excited about lawyers that he would even want all his children to study law, if possible (lol).

Engineering is akin to the 'man behind the orchestra'. He conducts and dictates the melodious symphony of the orchestra. He doesn't play any instruments and so, doesn't get noticed. However, without him, there would be no orchestra and the performance would be a total fiasco and in disarray. The engineer stays in the design office thinking of how to make the world a better place for all. Engineering is the singular profession that has impacted our world the most; by using the almighty power of mathematics, engineering has completely changed our world for good. All professions look up to engineering for their own development (medicine and law inclusive). If you take engineering/technology away from medicine, doctors would become mere herbalists or native doctors - without syringes, stethoscope and all medical devices, there would be no modern day medicine. Medicine is what it is today; thanks to engineering. If you take engineering/technology away from legal practice, lawyers would become mere hearsayers as there would be no credible means of evidence to support their cases. Take technology away from banking, transportation, tourism, agriculture, business, entertainment, etc., and the world would become dark, void and shapeless again, as it were in the beginning according to the scriptures.

Engineering holds all other professions together. Engineering is what makes a nation 'developed' or 'under-developed'. No nation can be great because of medicine, if the nation's engineering is poor. Nations can only be great because of its advanced engineering and technology. The major achievements of the world are all engineering achievements: things like putting man on the moon; a robot on Mars; the international space station, the airplane; the internet; rocket, submarines, etc. Engineers don't compete with anyone because they are so unique. So my friend, be proud that you're an engineer. Don't allow the 19k 'allowee' cause you to despair. Do your best to develop the right skills as an engineer, by the time you arrive, you would put those doctors on your payroll as your personal or family doctors. I earned 8k during my youth service and taught Physics too in a secondary school, but today it's a completely different story. Whilst our medical friends are scampering for jobs in federal health institutions, we are touring the world, having fun as engineers.

I love doctors because they save lives directly. For this reason, medicine will always be the most noble profession in the world. Whether you like it or not, you have to accept it, my friend. Nigeria is a technology consuming nation and so cannot appreciate engineering properly. Technologically developed nations respect and honour engineering and engineers. Hopefully, we will get there someday. Engineering rules the world!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by eby001(m): 11:52am On Oct 08, 2014
GodswillAJudins:
Let see it this way.
nigerian engineers ll earn respect when they start producing these device and instrument used in various clinics in Nigeria
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by GodswillAJudins(m): 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
eby001:

nigerian engineers ll earn respect when they start producing these device and instrument used in various clinics in Nigeria

I hate it when they blame it on Nigeria engineers whereas the government is the cause of everything.
Ok they gave the med guys an avenue to learn and to practice what they've been thought,
Do u think if the government provide same avenue to the engineers, would they do any worst?
But don't worry I believe nigeria would soon turn an industrialise and research centre, its only a matter of time.
Long live Nigeria.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
stpat1:

Same goes for a doctor that finds himself in a local hospital or clinic
state or fed govt pays the same to every doc irrespective of location.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Samgreguc:

UNIPORT?

na , uniben .
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
skillacci:

yea
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice 1.Glad to be one.
alotofgrace:

U WRONG THERE!!!
who's machines converted ur herbal drugs to tablets? who designed ur syringe?
get this...medicine is fixed, no creativity........in engineering, we combine the beauty of arts and the Heavenly tool called Mathematics to change things as challenges portray themselves

doctors do nothing, infact GOD HEALS, THE DOC TAKES THE FEE angry

remember...God was first an electrical/engineering....let there be light

..........engineering rules
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Capableben(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nwachiizu:

I will advice you. When you apply for next Jamb put Metallurgical and Materials Enigineering (FUTO) and try have a first class or a very good 2-1. You will thank me later.
why futo sir why not futminna or Uniben or futa?
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by mytym(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
Feraz:
No offence bro but do you know how tough Engineering is also? After 5 years in school, do you know we're required to study under an experienced Engineer for another four years and then some certification exams before getting the title 'Engineer'? What do you think happens after you fail the exam? Why do people in Nigeria look down on the profession Engineering? Yeah, another person will come here to say common spark plug/switch, we can't change. Nigeria took the medical profession serious because it deals with life forgetting that machines also deal with life by aiding what humans normally will do or accomplish in years. If there's an accident say for an automobile, how many lives most times are involved? It's this nation I blame for failing to distinguish many professions and not forgetting the useless Engineering bodies in the persons of COREN and NSE. I probably should start a topic on how incompetent these bodies are so they can know they don't have any functions here in Nigeria.
Re: The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! by Capableben(m): 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2014
GreatMan5:
OP, you need to understand that during National Youth Service, medical corps members are working as fully qualified medical practitioners (doctors). Their medical curriculum allows them to attain professional status whilst studying for their bachelor's degree (MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery). Same applies to lawyers, who go to Law School and are called to Bar before undergoing the National Youth Service scheme. Consequently, both medical and law corps members are entitled to their full professional titles, 'Dr' and 'Bar' respectively, during NYSC.

Meanwhile, the situation is different for engineering corps members, who are just fresh university graduates, and are not yet professional engineers. In Nigeria, you need your B.Eng degree plus additional four years of post-NYSC engineering experience for you to be eligible for registration as a professional engineer. In other parts of the world, like the UK for example, engineering graduates require advanced degrees such as a M.Eng or MSc in Engineering plus some years of relevant industry experience before they can become chartered engineers. It's tough enough to be an engineering graduate; yet, it's even tougher for one to become a professional or chartered engineer. The world over, there are so many graduate engineers, but very few professional (chartered) engineers.

Based on my assertions above, it can be easily seen that the medical corps members are earning what they deserve. They come to NYSC with clinical experience, which enables them to immediately hit the ground running. Whereas, engineering graduates are teaching Physics in secondary schools and are adequately remunerated as 'teachers', not as 'professional engineers'. So, you shouldn't expect the government to treat you like they do to doctors; corps members from both disciplines are rendering different levels of services to the government during National Youth Service. Do not expect this to change immediately, because Nigeria is not a technology creating nation yet. As long as we remain a technology consuming (instead of technology creating) nation, our young engineering graduates would continue to teach during national youth service. The government cannot afford to place all engineering corps members in engineering companies, as such companies do not exist in the first place. The only way forward is for the government to provide the right environment and legislation to deliberately attract manufacturing companies and private sector's participation in the technological development of the nation. No nation can develop or succeed in the present world without developing its engineering or technological capacities. There is the popular saying that, "You are what you eat." Same way, a nation is what its engineering or technology is. So, you can easily see the reason why Nigeria is like this.

You also need to know that engineers can't be appreciated like their counterparts in the medical and legal professions (doctors and lawyers). The reason is simple: engineers don't deal directly with people in the society, meanwhile doctors treat their patients one-on-one; and lawyers attend to their clients one-on-one, so they are able to win the admiration of the public and are appreciated accordingly. Imagine a doctor coming to the rescue of a dying man, he would never forget how a doctor 'saved' his life and therefore, he would highly esteem medicine. Same applies to an innocent man who was erroneously sentenced to death, but his lawyers were able to prove his innocence and get him acquitted at last. Such a man would be so excited about lawyers that he would even want all his children to study law, if possible (lol).

Engineering is akin to the 'man behind the orchestra'. He conducts and dictates the melodious symphony of the orchestra. He doesn't play any instruments and so, doesn't get noticed. However, without him, there would be no orchestra and the performance would a be a total fiasco and in disarray. The engineer stays in the design office thinking of how to make the world a better place for all. Engineering is the singular profession that has impacted our world the most; by using the almighty power of mathematics, engineering has completely changed our world for good. All professions look up to engineering for their own development (medicine and law inclusive). If you take engineering/technology away from medicine, doctors would become mere herbalists or native doctors - without syringes, stethoscope and all medical devices, there would be no modern day medicine. Medicine is what it is today; thanks to engineering. If you take engineering/technology away from legal practice, lawyers would become mere hearsayers as there would be no credible means of evidence to support their cases. Take technology away from banking, transportation, tourism, agriculture, business, entertainment, etc., and the world would become dark, void and shapeless again, as it were in the beginning according to the scriptures.

Engineering holds all other professions together. Engineering is what makes a nation 'developed' or 'under-developed'. No nation can be great because of medicine, if the nation's engineering is poor. Nations can only be great because of its advanced engineering and technology. The major achievements of the world are all engineering achievements: things like putting man on the moon; a robot on Mars; the international space station, the airplane; the internet; rocket, submarines, etc. Engineers don't compete with anyone because they are so unique. So my friend, be proud that you're an engineer. Don't allow the 19k 'allowee' cause you to despair. Do your best to develop the right skills as an engineer, by the time you arrive, you would put those doctors on your payroll as your personal or family doctors. I earned 8k during my youth service and taught Physics too in a secondary school, but today it's a completely different story. Whilst our medical friends are scampering for jobs in federal health institutions, we are touring the world, having fun as engineers.

I love doctors because they save lives directly. For this reason, medicine will always be the most noble profession in the world. Whether you like it or not, you have to accept it, my friend. Nigeria is a technology consuming nation and so cannot appreciate engineering properly. Technologically developed nations respect and honour engineering and engineers. Hopefully, we will get there someday. Engineering rules the world!
............the best so far

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ibadan Polytechnic Burnt Seized Phones Worth N15m (Photos) / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics / UNIJOS Student Takes Fire Selfie While The School Is On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.