Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd (5392 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Murders Sex Worker For Not Performing Up To Expectation / Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos / Mugabe's Humiliation In Nigeria Tops Zimbabwean Newspaper Headlines (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by UnknownT: 8:44pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
What I ask for are HIS PUBLICATIONS not thesis. Doesn't our dear president with a PhD, who worked some years as a university lecturer, have any publication to his credit Not even ONE??

I'm sure most of you viewing this thread and trying to cover the president have googled all you can to find some tangible stuff but came out empty handed.

How could we have made a man who was a lecturer with a PhD who couldn't publish a single article in a reputable journal (mark of total failure) the president of a great country like Nigeria and to add insult to injury, work towards his retention in office??
You guys sha! You guys were shouting that his phd should be revoked, and i ask, on what grounds? The ground should be based on him not having a thesis or plagiarising another person's work. How then can you take revoke someone's phd because he has never published a work b4(which havent being confirmed yet), if he became a prof without any publication, shouldnt that be the time you guys should scream? Seriously, i am still trying to understand the grounds you guys want his phd revoked? I doubt if it was even a university he lectured(how many years did he spend as a lecturer), plus b4 he ventured into politics, was he a lecturer or in OMPADEC? When i 1st saw this thread, i even thought the op will question PEJ's phd(which was an honoris causa)

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by jmaine: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Are we now saying the president (possibly)NEVER PUBLISHED ANY ARTICLE when he was in the academia??

The absence of a journal shouldn't be a yardstick to query and invalidate his Ph.D. qualification

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by UnknownT: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
jmaine:

The absence of a journal shouldn't be a yardstick to query and invalidate his Ph.D. qualification
i tire my brother oh! If he was made a prof without any journal then anybody can question his professorship. From whether he had a phd thesis, now it is whether he has written in a journal

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Chylo(m): 8:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Look at the highlighted point and you would understand what I'm talking about. Trust me, it is not possible for a Lecturer with a PhD not to have AT LEAST a SINGLE publication.

Or are you trying to tell me the president NEVER published an article during his stay in the academia??

This is some serious issue that musnt be treated with levity. It is high time we started asking some of these sensitive questions.

Omenka, Barcanista, what about this one?

http://europepmc.org/abstract/CBA/623600

GEJ paper on "Diet of African killifish Aphyosemion gardneri (Aplocheilidae) in a Nigerian rainforest pond"

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by jmaine: 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
UnknownT:
i tire my brother oh! If he was made a prof without any journal then anybody can question his professorship. From whether he had a phd thesis, now it is whether he has written in a journal

Exactly bruv . . .

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by chiefinalowo: 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
braine:

I asked the same question. There's no way one would do a PhD and not teach. Where are our president's ex students? None has shown up. There's something fishy in the Zoology certificate of his.

This is not true sir.
Some of my friends have PhD without teaching in any school.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by jmaine: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
UnknownT:
When i 1st saw this thread, i even thought the op will question PEJ's phd(which was an honoris causa)

You killed It here . .The OP lost steam and purpose the moment he brought his idol of hate (GEJ) into the picture . . .

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by meforyou1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Look at the highlighted point and you would understand what I'm talking about. Trust me, it is not possible for a Lecturer with a PhD not to have AT LEAST a SINGLE publication.

Or are you trying to tell me the president NEVER published an article during his stay in the academia??

This is some serious issue that musnt be treated with levity. It is high time we started asking some of these sensitive questions.
Go to zoology dept, uniport. And stop exhibiting your ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by jmaine: 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
braine:

I asked the same question. There's no way one would do a PhD and not teach. Where are our president's ex students? None has shown up. There's something fishy in the Zoology certificate of his.

You exposed your ignorance here with the part in bold . . .

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Ahasco(m): 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
fabiano09:

You are an imbecille i swear,wen will u get tired of pretending to b a female,you'v sold your soul for coins,what has jonathan got to do with dis nw?

He's just a bastard I doubt if he is a female either.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Ahasco(m): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
meforyou1:
Go to zoology dept, uniport. And stop exhibiting your ignorance

Not just his ignorance. His stupidity as well.

4 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by anonimi: 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Are we now saying the president (possibly)NEVER PUBLISHED ANY ARTICLE when he was in the academia??

Three quick questions for you =>

- What is "the academia"?
- When (date) did Jonathan complete his PhD studies?
- When did he work in "the academia"?
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Ahasco(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
jmaine:

You exposed your ignorance here with the part in bold . . .

Its actually his stupidity not just his ignorance
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by UnknownT: 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

GEJ paper on "Diet of African killifish Aphyosemion gardneri (Aplocheilidae) in a Nigerian rainforest pond"
10 minutes after you posted this, none of the above-mentioned has come to refute it. Let me give them a line of argument, they can claim that since it is in university of UYO n not Portharcourt, dat the Jonathan E. J on the publication is not our president gringringrin Lemme help you and call them out again. Omenka!!! Barcanista!!!!! Ngeneukwenu!!!!!! I may not agree with some GEJ works, but attacking his phd is a no no for me

4 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

sorry bros, I'm not daft. That Paper was written in 2005 when Jonathan was deputy governor. It was clear that Mr. Akpan of the University of Uyo was the owner of the work(though they make it appear as team effort). Pl§ what Ýear did Jonathan lecturÉ in Uniport? Because the said "Àbstract" addressed him from Bayelsa Government house(whÍch is not an academic environment) rather than Uniport(an academic environmenty)
Akpan B E, King R P, Jonathan G E
Department of Zoology, University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria;;Centre for Wetlands and Waste Management Studies, University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria;;Government House, Bayelsa State, Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by anonimi: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
chiefinalowo:

This is not true sir.
Some of my friends have PhD without teaching in any school.

Thank you o jare.
These Arewa People's Congress, APC "internet warriors" are seriously earning their wages by doing their job of "CONFUSING the minds" of their fellow citizens. shocked

However I feel that some of the comments they have made here is more a reflection of their IGNORANCE than it is of their professional MISCHIEF making assignment angry

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by UnknownT: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
sorry bros, I'm not daft. That Paper was written in 2005 when Jonathan was deputy governor. It was clear that Mr. Akpan of the University of Uyo was the owner of the work(though they make it appear as team effort). Pl§ what Ýear did Jonathan lecturÉ in Uniport? Because the said "Àbstract" addressed him from Bayelsa Government house(whÍch is not an academic environment) rather than Uniport(an academic environmenty)
One doesn't have to be in the academics to carry on research. Go to the engineering field, you will see many phd workers who are not lecturers. When Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke was made a Prof, was she teaching?( though i need to look at her case again to confirm)

4 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Chylo(m): 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:

What about this one?

http://www.ajol.info/index.php/tzool/article/view/52080

GEJ paper on "Breeding seasonality and population dynamics of the catfish Schilbe mystus (Schilbeidae) in the Cross River, Nigeria". There are so so many sef. So your arguments are moot.

First of all, you were arguing that there is not a single paper existing with his name, now you are arguing he did the research from government house. Hate always blinds people to truth. I'm may not be a fan of his government, but I do not deny truth when I see it.

5 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by anonimi: 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

What about this one?

GEJ paper on "Breeding seasonality and population dynamics of the catfish Schilbe mystus (Schilbeidae) in the Cross River, Nigeria". There are so so many sef. So your arguments are moot.

Nor mind the clueless daft who was expecting to see SCIENTIFIC research articles published in a NEWSPAPER shocked

Since they can no longer attack the Jonathan/Sambo team's performance record as it outshines that of their brightest star in Alausa house they have resorted to clutching at straws only to magnify their state of IGNORAMUS angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by UnknownT: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

What about this one?

First of all, you were arguing that there is not a single paper existing with his name, now you are arguing he did the research from government house. Hate always blinds people to truth. I'm may not be a fan of his government, but I do not deny truth when I see it.
Keep it coming! Maybe we now have to concentrate on the main issue of the thread(Zimbabwe's 1st lady running a 2months phd programme), i can't imagine someone bringing a nice topic for discussion and spoiling it at the same time cos of APC/PDP matter

2 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by jmaine: 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ahasco:

Its actually his stupidity not just his ignorance

I actually wanted to sound a bit nice grin

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

What about this one?

hahaha if my eyes serves me right, that was published iÑ 2009, when Jonathan was thÉ Vice President, it listed four names of whÌch Jonanthan's was among. On googling, each Òf the 4 names have inÐependent materials to their respective Ñames available onlinÉ EXCEPT Jonathan.

P.E Lebo, R.P King, L Etim, B.E Akpan, G.E Jonathan

Try harder

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by 100Cents: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chai, no fear at all..
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
hahaha if my eyes serves me right, that was published iÑ 2009, when Jonathan was thÉ Vice President, it listed out four names of whÌch Jonanthan's was listed. On googling each Òf the 4 names have inÐependent materials to their Ñame available onlinÉ EXCEPT Jonathan.

Try harder

Bro don't you have money to subscribe so you can read in details and get the citations?

Or una pay for last month never come in?

Where is the e-warrior that asked the question? You have been answered with not one but two articles...

When you guys are done ask me and i will give you 3 more.

APC...... I seriously wonder how you guys sleep at night.

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

Eheen!! This is what I'm talking about!! I needed someone to site a single publication and not all that rubbish those people were talking about which doesn't answer the questions I raised in the slightest sense. An ignoramus was even suggesting I went to the zoology deprtment of uniport if I need his publications. Smh. Some folks lay claim to being "educated" but have no idea what it means to be educated.

Now, back to the matter: the article this poster sighted can hardly be credited to Jonathan (even though it could be used in his assessment). The corresponding AUTHOR is Akpan B. E. from Uni Uyo. People conversant with how things work in the academic environment would understand that sometimes, just out of charity, colleagues include each other's names in articles so as to get the requisite number of publications necessary for promotion. Sometimes others have their names included by simply contributing FINANCIALY to having the article published. Indeed, the later was most likely the case in this instance. When you look at it, you'd notice that his address, as the third author on the list, was given as Bayelsa Govt House, and not Zoology dept, Uniport!! He most likely simply sponsored (financially) the research.

Regardless, an article has been sighted.

Anyone else in which Jonathan was the corresponding author??

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
I keep asking this question and have yet to get any answer. The president is said to be a lecturer with a PhD, my question is; what publications does he have to his credit in Zoology or any field for that matter?? Did he deliver any lectures at any conference when he was a lecturer?? What is the title of his thesis and what publication has been made out of the work??

I have tried google severally but can't find any scholarly articles to the president's credit!!

Something is definitely wrong somewhere.
so u think that by staying in ur room u will find answers to These question ?
Make ur research first before u start spewing...

2 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
braine:

how many zoologist do u know ?

2 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Omenka the two links provided interestingly had the name of the same Mr Akpan of Uniuyo and were published when Jonathan was in government houses-Bayelsa(2005) and Aso Rock (2009)

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Chylo:

What about this one?

Please give us articles written and published by Jonathan, one in which he was the corresponding author. I don't care if he was the president or the pope when it was published. What I need is one which he wrote (where his name is FIRST on the list of authors).

Thanks so far. At least you've done a better job than those blind followers of the president who couldn't even present us with the slightest proof of a publication which he authored or co-authored.
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
francleanflexy:

so u think that by staying in ur room u will find answers to These question ?
Make ur research first before u start spewing...
Mumu, I can stay in my toilet and find out as long as I have access to the internet. Don't get involved in an argument you are totally ignorant about.
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
@Omenka the two links provided interestingly had the name of the same Mr Akpan of Uniuyo and were published when Jonathan was in government houses-Bayelsa(2005) and Aso Rock (2009)
Very interesting indeed!!

But be that as it may, bottom line is Jonathan didn't write those articles, he most likely sponsored them. What I need is one in which he is the corresponding author (don't care if he wrote it as the Emperor of Jupiter)
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Mumu, I can stay in my toilet and find out as long as I have access to the internet. Don't get involved in an argument you are totally ignorant about.
just look at how silly u are.
How many research papers by Nigerian universities are available in the internet ?
If an inaugural lecture was held 10years ago do u think u will find it on the internet ?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

100,000Tons, $12.9Billion, U.S. Newest Aircraft Carrier Commissioned(Photos) / Eritrean Government Law Saying Men Should Marry Two Wives Or Risk Jail / He Was President At 25 But Now Lives In Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.