Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:04 AM

Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd (5608 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Murders Sex Worker For Not Performing Up To Expectation / Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos / Mugabe's Humiliation In Nigeria Tops Zimbabwean Newspaper Headlines (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
omenka:
Very interesting indeed!!

But be that as it may, bottom line is Jonathan didn't write those articles, he most likely sponsored them. What I need is one in which he is the corresponding author (don't care if he wrote it as the Emperor of Jupiter)
Jonathan? Corresponding Wetin?na wa you o...
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
so when are Nigerian Students demanding the withdrawal of that of jonathan?? cool cool

Where did you leave Your sense bros....? GEJ got his PhD before he ever thought of joining politics. Forget criticisms and use your God given brain sometimes

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
@Omenka the two links provided interestingly had the name of the same Mr Akpan of Uniuyo and were published when Jonathan was in government houses-Bayelsa(2005) and Aso Rock (2009)
And who said he cannot participate in research while in office

3 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
francleanflexy:

just look at how silly u are.
How many research papers by Nigerian universities are available in the internet ?
If an inaugural lecture was held 10years ago do u think u will find it on the internet ?
Your ignorance knows no bound. Author from University of Nnsuka published this article in 1998, and it was revised in 1999. That was 15years ago! jrs.oxfordjournals.org/content/12/2/161.abstract
And there are countless more like this!!

Not make a print of that crap you wrote up there and shove it deep up your third eye.
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Mention(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
MichaelSokoto:

Or "brb"?
Afta d food don don finish abi? angry

Na ya way sha, u owe no one apology grin

Lol

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by tafrica(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by tafrica(m): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Please, how many people can provide links to just three of their lecturers' thesis?

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by padeolu: 1:45am On Oct 08, 2014
braine:

I asked the same question. There's no way one would do a PhD and not teach. Where are our president's ex students? None has shown up. There's something fishy in the Zoology certificate of his.
Very wrong sir. you can have a phd without teaching. Rather, u can't be a professor without teaching. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by padeolu: 2:02am On Oct 08, 2014
jmaine:

I saw the highlighted when I replied you . . .Yes, I can confidently tell you I know a doctor who doesn't have one publication despite having a very voluminous thesis.

He is currently been encouraged to do something ASAP unless he wants his juniors to leap frog him in the dept. hierarchy since Journals are a requisite for promotion . . . .

So don't assume certain conditions to be absolute in all cases. Exceptions do occur . . . .

P:S ==> Even the late DR Hansel of Maths dept. was a known rebel who refused to publish a work if that was the only thing that will guarantee his promotion. Despite his impeccable computer wizardry and great statistical skills, dude passed without getting even promoted to Lecturer 1 . . .
His voluminous Thesis is as good as useless if he can't publish atleast a paper from it. Why on earth will a PhD holder in the academic environment not have atleast a publication to his credit, even if its a co-authored work.

1 Like

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by padeolu: 2:23am On Oct 08, 2014
UnknownT:
10 minutes after you posted this, none of the above-mentioned has come to refute it. Let me give them a line of argument, they can claim that since it is in university of UYO n not Portharcourt, dat the Jonathan E. J on the publication is not our president gringringrin Lemme help you and call them out again. Omenka!!! Barcanista!!!!! Ngeneukwenu!!!!!! I may not agree with some GEJ works, but attacking his phd is a no no for me
That article got published in 2006, then I guess he was the governor of Bayelsa State by that time.

His far position as the third author implies his little contribution to the piece. well, I don't expect a sitting governor to be active in research tho. Maybe the inclusion of his name was just to show gratitude for funding the research work.

Akpan B E, King R P, Jonathan G E
Department of Zoology, University of Uyo, Uyo,
Nigeria;;Centre for Wetlands and Waste Management Studies, University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria;;Government House, Bayelsa State, Nigeria

Can anyone please provide link(s) to the article(s) he masterminded or published during his active teaching days.

2 Likes

Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 5:35am On Oct 08, 2014
tafrica:
Please, how many people can provide links to just three of their lecturers' thesis?
Links to "thesis" Are you okay?? Who puts his WHOLE thesis online?? People can only publish articles written from their thesis in journals with internet presence. If your thesis is very good, you can publish as much as three articles from it. Never heard of anyone putting their whole thesis online and I don't think anyone here has demanded that anyone provides the link to Jonathan's thesis.
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by omenka(m): 5:39am On Oct 08, 2014
padeolu:
His voluminous Thesis is as good as useless if he can't publish atleast a paper from it. Why on earth will a PhD holder in the academic environment not have atleast a publication to his credit, even if its a co-authored work.
My brother the tin tire me oo!! That is why I said earlier that there can't be any greater evidence of laziness and failure than an academic not being able to publish an article from his thesis!!
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Paragonova: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
is it just ignorance or hate? There are many PhD holders who do not have any published article but it is not so if U're a professor... At least some people come to mind.. don't be blinded by hate.. Enlighten yourself before spewing trash on a public forum
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by osystein(m): 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
I don't see how GEJ is connected here..
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
TWO months?? They didn't even bother with making the lie the least bit believable. If corruption and all else wasn't so terribly evident in this, it would be hilarious (ok, it kinda still is tongue)
Re: Angry Zimbabwean Students Demand Withdrawal Of First Lady’s Phd by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:11am On Oct 12, 2014
Africa is such a joke. Such an embarrassment. What a story.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ / Gadhafi's Family To Sue Nato ? / Julian Assange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.