Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog - Celebrities (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog (116672 Views)

Jude Okoye Quits P Square, Removes Them From Management Client List / Olamide’s Son Batifeori Removes His Dreads; Switches Back To Afro Hairstyle / Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog ,linda Promises To Sort It Out Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Eberay(f): 1:03am On Oct 09, 2014
contactmorak:
Breaking: Linda Ikeji's Blog Has Finally Been Removed By Google

So sad. After several attempt by her enemies especially the hacker called Mr Aydee, they've finally succeeded in geting Google to remove the site after they lodged a campaign of copyright infringement against her. This must be a big blow to the multimillionaire blogger who is Africa's number one. She is expected to release a statement on this. Earlier in the day she told her readers that she's been trying to get a domain name but the internet squatters have hijacked most of the likely name she cud use. That's a multimillionaire business google has just shut down! Couldn't they have verified all this allegations against her and know that it's the handiwork of hackers and haters!

They should also have known that most people in Nigeria actually registered on blogger cos of her(I guess)

Moral of the story,...keep ur private life private.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Deepfreezer(m): 1:06am On Oct 09, 2014
chibwike:
no be laffing matter oh..i dae vex...hw em go say mk we support her
don't mind da stupid guy. how can one run a multi million naira business. without employing staffs? she dey chop alone.
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by holysaint1(m): 1:09am On Oct 09, 2014
ooo ma gawddd.... laff don tear ma boxers nw shocked shocked angry
pojophilius:

Na dat same google u go ask ooo

1 Like

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by priscaoge(f): 1:10am On Oct 09, 2014
Gabbysky:
One thing I'm so sure of is that Linda has just won herself more LIB readers. The size double the current number.
Be strong dear, we await your return; Bigger and Better.

Haters shall R.I.P

Seconded Bro kiss

4 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by MymothersKeeper(f): 1:17am On Oct 09, 2014
shulren order !!!!!!!!
What lesson have you learnt? Always remember God when you get to the top because holy spirit will remind you when the hour is nigh. The book of Mathew 10:19 says But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it, at that time you will be given what to say.
But i am glad that linda ikeji mediocre blog is down, very unprofessional she will join green on top red on top yellow like she wan blind person. at least she will open a more professional site now!!
See as she done fall yakata after she love to humiliate everyone. Public disgrace for stnpid girl.

Linda Ikeji reminded me of my step mothers goat back then fisayo, she likes to steal garri from our own flat when she know say her madam flat differs . Worstly she will ensure no one is around, run through the palour into the store and dip her diseased mouth in our garri grin The day my bros caught her na die!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by dROC1: 1:18am On Oct 09, 2014
eddie000:
In Nigeria you don't brag when you are making it. Why the luxury cars, travel tours, splashing of money to people flocking your site on your blog, even your peers will be talking sh*t about you when you ain't with them. Showing off in Nigeria is a crime to the evil ones. Next time Linda keep it low and don't brag. Now you have learnt there's enemy within kindly get back strongly and be careful. No one even your followers wants your success.

Most sensible comment so far

1 Like

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by akalaka1(m): 2:11am On Oct 09, 2014
Greetings to you from the Special One, Krumbaga!!
The Special One extends his heart felt sympathy to Linda on the closure of her blog either by Google or by herself ( perhaps she's moving to a self hosted platform and has decided to shutdown ).
The Special One would want to highly congratulate the Primal, I do call him the Oga at the top. You can see that Mr Seun has taken the day. That's a difference between an inventor (Mr Seun) and a Blogger.
The Special One is in cahoots with some of the views shared by nairalanders.
Linda learnt her lesson too late ( whether the blog was shut down by Google or her, it was overdue). I can't just fathom that a celebrity blogger like Linda, after raking in millions per year will still want to be controlled and directed in her responsibilities by Google.
from the Special One : " the thinking mortal would not want to accept responsibility ( eg by Google) but learn to SEEK responsibility" If I'm to interpret the Special One's saying, it means
man would not just like to belong to a group but want to be recognised in that group (esteem
needs). Linda has been blogging for over a long period of sundry and didn't thought it wise that it was high time she left blogger and started her own self hosting CMS. If She were to be, perhaps from America, the uproar and constructed criticisms from her followers would have made done that since (she wouldn't even get as much recognition and sponsors), but in Nigeria where things work differently, she is celebrity.
Think of renowned bloggers like Darren Rowse of Pro blogger, Pat Flynn of smart passive income, Harsh Agrawal of shoutmeloud, there is none that uses a free service like what she is doing. This people planned for the future of blogging well by buying up all closest domain and parking it to avoid competition, using the best dedicated servers as much as possible and more importantly paid for a service ( That's what keeps the world moving; you receive and give back, not just receiving, receiving and receiving). That is why Mr Seen will always be better than Linda.

Food for Thought for Linda
-Professional bloggers pay a lot to secure and maintain their servers because they are always the subject of attack. I could remember Harsh Agrawal saying he pays over $500 per month to WPEngine just for Hosting alone.
-they want to be on top of their game and as such will always embark on innovative means to please their followers. I could remember Pat Flynn saying he spent over $30000 per month on expenses ranging from theme design (over $2500 per theme), pod cast, app for mobile users...
-They learn to diversify their investment. Due to the uncertainties of life, increasing your sample size by diversification would serve as a cushion in event of losses. According to the Gambler ruins by successive losses: " Even if a series of ventures is profitable and eventually yields a profit, there is nevertheless the possibility that a run of losses could dissipate the resources of a player and eventually forces him to quit the game. The Special One Objurgates such happening to Linda.

I, Viktor could remember when Pat Flynn said someone was impersonating him and provided a link of the site to be reported to webmasters. In less than an hour, the response gotten was awesome. It shows the people highly appreciate the service he's rendering to them

The Special One believes it is not yet over for Linda; there is still a second chance for her, but now she must utilise it very well.
He has some recommendations;
-Linda should be ready to dole out at least a royale of her income for the upkeep and maintenance of her purported self hosting platform. Let her be aware now that there is no longer the distinguished "Matt Cutts" security which she has been benefitting for free from Google, but there is still the Noble "Mr Seun" security which she has to pay for now (Mr Seun security is just a description of Nairaland's security)
-Linda will have to take the part of sequestration from just being a blogger to an inventor or scientist. The fact that she is in the social niche is not a hindrance. Pat Flynn launched a mobile food service called foodtruckr and it is doing exceedingly well.
-humility: it is a virtue.
-Finally respect our Oga , Mr Seun.

Note: Not all were directly said by the Special One, I still added my few pieces of advice.

The Peace of the Special One be with you

Viktor
(Akalaka: the destiny of ...)

SA to Krumbaga

5 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 09, 2014
[deleted]
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by whitecat1: 2:31am On Oct 09, 2014
Lindaikeji got her publicity from Nairaland anyway, so she can now camp here permanently. Most of her traffic is from Nairaland. I visited her blog once because of her propaganda on nairaland and saw it was a piece of shiitt. Make she kuku stay here! she doesn't need any other platform, this place is enough for her. Without nairaland she is nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by dinggle: 2:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Linda follow oga jona way and set up a committee.
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by DeEmperor(m): 2:39am On Oct 09, 2014
Nigerians and useless sentiments.

How did you know hackers were responsible?

If you're called out in court right now Mr Poster can you provide verifiable evidence that hackers were responsible?

Google is the owner of and they made it a rule that any form of plagiarism is never allowed there.

Linda was accused of that and Google investigated it

You think they found nothing and decided to pull her site down?

I'll tell you one good thing about online publications - you can't cheat date.

I can republish your work and claim it is mine but the date of publication will always reveal that you uploaded it first.

3 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by dinggle: 2:50am On Oct 09, 2014
TB Joshua said it, he warned all bloggers, web owners and online media.....and told them if you can't raise the dead you will follow the dead,....some including myself mocked him. If your source of income is taken away from you, no be dead body be dat? who say TBJ no get power grin
TBJ I confess my sins to you, my armpit is now clean oooo! ....as you to fall Linda abeg raise my blog....I will write positive news about your collapsed guest house.

If you think because you are not blogging with Google blog you are safe, think again. If TB Joshua vex again na domain registrars go dey pull down una website.

1 Like

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Bebetter: 3:20am On Oct 09, 2014
[size=18pt]This incident is vowing to make Linda the most popular blogger in Africa.... her story is virtually everywhere even on radio.... [/size]
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 09, 2014
I see the blog live now so whats the plenty buzz all about?
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Tinyemeka(m): 3:56am On Oct 09, 2014
Onegai:

It wasn't about business rival, since last year, several writers I know complained that Linda Ikeji was stealing their content without crediting them. It wasn't that she was sharing common gist, she would lift passages they wrote, pictures they shot and post it on her blog and MAKE MONEY OFF THEIR HARDWORK. Without giving them a kobo (she could have afforded to). Please she should stop calling haters and God, abeg, it's only in Nigeria people who steal will call on the Lord's name when caught.

Imagine if I showed up and picked up your paycheck end of this month, all because I am more popular in the company than you, will you be smiling?
undecided ***Deep sigh***
Both blogs of yours barely have one post per month and almost always start with an apology for not posting on time. What content are you talking about?

Linda Ikeji eats and breathes blogging. It's everyday.
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Afam4eva(m): 4:48am On Oct 09, 2014
DonaldGenes:
But why evil?

~A question comes to mind; does google have the right or sole right to take down anyone's Site when Google itself is also a website just like any other site?

Can they take down Yahoo or Wikipedia?

I don't just get it! Who is in-charge of Hosting all the sites in this world?

Did "Linda ikeji" commit the said/allege Copyright Offence?

If true, she committed the offence, what happen to other 99% blogs that seems to commit the same offence?
Google does not have the right to take down sites that are not hosted with them but in this case, the free blogging platform that Linda uses is owned by Google. I think it's a dumb idea for her to have remained with blogger for this long giving silly excuses like, not wanting her site to get hacked. She was busy making money that she forgot to think like a business person.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 09, 2014
DonaldGenes:
But why evil?

~A question comes to mind; does google have the right or sole right to take down anyone's Site when Google itself is also a website just like any other site?

Can they take down Yahoo or Wikipedia?

I don't just get it! Who is in-charge of Hosting all the sites in this world?

Did "Linda ikeji" commit the said/allege Copyright Offence?

If true, she committed the offence, what happen to other 99% blogs that seems to commit the same offence?
I think she used blogger to Create the blog and blogger is powered by Google+
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by onstelly(f): 5:12am On Oct 09, 2014
gift01:
You can join us. We need more people and then suggestion on how to drive traffic
I wan join oh lol
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by itstpia1: 5:18am On Oct 09, 2014
unfortunately folks, i think we the gullible public have once again been had, as usual.

would anyone like to guess who exactly the aye fellow is working for?

the way linda's minions have been bleating "haters", sorry, "four legs good, two legs bad", is the typical manner in which paid trolls usually operate.

its all a script.

imo, she most likely needed to go offline for a while, to clean up her site for whatever reason, same thing nl does every so often.

as per husband matter, who's to say she's not married? Possibly to a non nigerian.

the above post is just some fiction i'm typing.

1 Like

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by itstpia1: 5:22am On Oct 09, 2014
anyway, @ her haters, i mean egbe alatewo aka supporters club, make una nor send bad thing o, as una dey share all kinds now.
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by itstpia1: 5:22am On Oct 09, 2014
now, can we get back to checking out Tiwa's latest singles plz.

make person dey carry linda's matter for head, she dey share her money ni? If she share am, e reach me?
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by cb99(f): 5:36am On Oct 09, 2014
She's temporarily here lindaikeji.mobi I pray all these be put behind her soon.

1 Like

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by gift01: 5:49am On Oct 09, 2014
onstelly:

I wan join oh lol
Now we 4. Lets keep moving. Its more than just talk. We can do it. Lets connect later in the day
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 09, 2014
FotherMucker:
i have absolutely no sympathy for this woman. she lacks the least sense of modesty and humility, always prancing and preening about her success, and inundating the interwebs with fabolous tales of wealth and cars.

linda, your shtick had always been about other people; you made your fame and fortune through tattles and gossips, other peoples lives made your pot of gold, and yet you lacked the humility to downplay it. no, you had to be all in-your-face with your baubles to prove a point. you kept needling other women to look up to you, you kept going on about "hard work"

but you have no idea what hard work is. plopping lazily in bed with your silver-spoon-provided laptop and casually trawling the web for other peoples content to cut-copy-edit-paste is not hard work.

hard work is the woman who went through the gruelling months of NYSC, toughed it up and traversed the nation looking for work, suffering dejection, sex abuse, and disappointment. hardwork is the teacher/secretary/nurse busting her buttt off to make ends meet.

so yeah, cut it out with the victim mentality;you are no more entitled to our empathy than those lazy celebs who abandon their craft for endorsements and then blow it all up on exotic cars and sh1t.

next time life deals you a solid hand, keep it a little subdued.
I wish I could like your post twice.
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 5:53am On Oct 09, 2014
Afam4eva:

Google does not have the right to take down sites that are not hosted with them but in this case, the free blogging platform that Linda uses is owned by Google. I think it's a dumb idea for her to have remained with blogger for this long giving silly excuses like, not wanting her site to get hacked. She was busy making money that she forgot to think like a business person.
YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL. SHE MAY HAVE TO PAY A HEAVY SUM TO ACQUIRE LINDAIKEJIDOTCOM
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 09, 2014
She probably has a domain already. This is free publicity. No such thing as bad publicity in showbiz.
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by InvertedHammer: 6:10am On Oct 09, 2014
/
Google would not act on hearsay. There must have been some evidence of plagiarism for them to suspend her blog.

Hopefully, she will learn some lessons from this brouhaha.

Sometimes it takes a little set back to set someone back on the right track.

\

3 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by mavizzi: 6:10am On Oct 09, 2014
Nigerians and their sympathy tales... Why are we always looking at issues in 1 dimension... Will google jst wake up one day n shut someone down... Don't forget google is not a Nigerian company, neither do they operate the way we operate... For your info, LIB is gonna pay 100k for each of those stories she lifted if found guilty... So Nigerians pls enough with the tales by moon light n look at issues constructively... Also there's absolutely nothing wrong in buying up a domain name in anticipation that a big company or individual would come to you to buy it off you...

3 Likes

Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by chibwike(m): 6:11am On Oct 09, 2014
TheNaijan:
This is terrible... I admired her, I admired her blog...She should have acquired a dot come domain long ago... Now she can't do that because somebody took that...Her new blog (lindaikeja.mobi) doesn't seem all that cool like the first.
ikeja ke?
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by eckersley: 6:13am On Oct 09, 2014
FotherMucker:
i have absolutely no sympathy for this woman. she lacks the least sense of modesty and humility, always prancing and preening about her success, and inundating the interwebs with fabolous tales of wealth and cars.

linda, your shtick had always been about other people; you made your fame and fortune through tattles and gossips, other peoples lives made your pot of gold, and yet you lacked the humility to downplay it. no, you had to be all in-your-face with your baubles to prove a point. you kept needling other women to look up to you, you kept going on about "hard work"

but you have no idea what hard work is. plopping lazily in bed with your silver-spoon-provided laptop and casually trawling the web for other peoples content to cut-copy-edit-paste is not hard work.

hard work is the woman who went through the gruelling months of NYSC, toughed it up and traversed the nation looking for work, suffering dejection, [content deleted by eckersley], and disappointment. hardwork is the teacher/secretary/nurse busting her buttt off to make ends meet.

so yeah, cut it out with the victim mentality;you are no more entitled to our empathy than those lazy celebs who abandon their craft for endorsements and then blow it all up on exotic cars and sh1t.

next time life deals you a solid hand, keep it a little subdued.
Agreed Linda Ikeji is sloppy. But how is sex abuse hard work? I redacted that part in your quote. That way u k go back and modify/correct it and it'll be off d records and not in my post
Re: Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog by Guidette(f): 6:13am On Oct 09, 2014
Rexnegro:

Wetin this smiggle dey yan sef ? u no want make we no wich one u be in ur profile pic abi...anyway me don call u smiggle already meaning u re the ugly one in the profile pic like ur ugly comment....
U r disgusting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

Davido Pressing Chioma’s Breast On A Flight To Barbados / Regina Daniels Father Reveals Her Real Age And That Of Ned Nwoko In A Phone Call / Tonto Dikeh Called Davido Small Boy, 2face Dad Of Multitude Kids - Davido Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.