Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You (2769 Views)

Nigerian Lady Slams Women Who Won't For Once, Have Sex With A Guy & Tell Him Off / 10 Signs That Shows Your Girlfriend Won't Marry You / Ladies, Would You Date A Guy Who Won't Have Sex Until Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by lalasticlala(m): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2014
Have you ever wondered if there are guys out there that simply will not marry you? Are there certain men from whom you should just stay away because chances are, the relationship is going to be an exercise in frustration for you?

You are not alone -- many women think about this all the time. And yes, there are certain types of men that you should just avoid because if you were playing the odds, the odds say these guys are just not going to seal the deal with you.

Here are 10 types of men that I, as a professional matchmaker, would recommend you steer clear of:

Mr. "Still Hung Up On His Ex":

We have all been out with this guy. He says he is over his ex, yet at every turn, he talks about her and compares you to her. Please. He is not over her and until he is over her, he is not marrying you.

Mr. "I Am Not Ready For A Serious Relationship Right Now":

This is the guy who dates a lot and then when he gets too close or decides he isn't interested in you, he uses the excuse that he's not ready. The question about this guy is this: Is he really not ready, or is that just a convenient excuse to dump you and avoid the commitment?

Mr. "Bigger Better Deal":

You know this guy. He is the one who likes you a lot but is always wondering if there is a better version of you out there, somewhere in the universe. Honestly, do you need to be with the guy who is never going to think that you are good enoughto marry?

Mr. "I Hang Out With Guys 15 Years My Junior":

This is the guy who is 47 and a CEO of a company or a big-time executive and all of his contemporaries are married, so his BFFs are 25-year-olds and clubbing it. He is out until 3:00 a.m. several nights a week, looking to pick up and then he kids himself into thinking that when a 25-year-old girl says yes to a date with him, it's because he is such a good guy, not because she is dreaming of flying private.

Mr. "Still Trying To Figure Out His Career":

If he is 40-plus and having a midlife work crisis, believe me, he is not going to marry you. Men need to be settled in their careers or at least know which direction they are headed on the career front before they can settle down.

Mr. "50-Something And Never Been Married":

This guy is lurking everywhere. He is 50-plus and never married, yet he will swear to you that he is ready. When you ask him why he is still single, he will tell you it's because he hasn't met the right one. Then the question becomes that if he hasn't found her in the hundreds of women he has dated before you, what is going to make you so special that you are going to be his one? Probably nothing.

Mr. "Doesn't Believe In Monogamy":

This guy thinks he is very avant-garde progressive, but most people will say he is just looking for an excuse to cheat. Do you really want to be with a guy who tells you upfront that he won't be faithful?

Mr. "All About Me":

This guy is all about himself, 24/7, 365 days a year. Sharing your life with someone is hard enough, so do you really want to sign up to be with someone who is so into himself that they will never even notice you, your wants and your desires?

Mr. "My Kids Are The Only Thing I Care About":

This guy is a tricky one. When you first meet him, he is endearing because you admire how dedicated he is to his children. You think to yourself that you would like to be with a man who is that responsible. However, then you start to see that he doesn't have any room for you at all because he is only about the kids. If you are going to be with a man with kids, he needs to want to find a place for you, front and center, in his life at least some of the time.

Mr. "Dates Other Women Who Mean Nothing To Him":

This guy is really a commitment-phobe in disguise. Why does he need to date women who mean nothing to him if he is dating you and you supposedly mean something to him? You do the math.

What other types of men would you add to this list?

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samantha-daniels/10-types-of-men-who-wont-marry-you_b_2877662.html
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
but on a good day...all things being equal.
Why should a sister be with any of these men? ? undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by kristen12(f): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I wonder ooooo. Its even better to be single
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by dmjinc(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
eyes are blurry...*yawns*
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by valdes00(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmm
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by bakandow11: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2014
you mke sense ...i was caught in the middle bt let sit down, will you go into marraige without having a well define career.. i cant suffer and still watch my kids do dsame oooo. But well av set a age limit do d career of a thing only that its not easy to say oyaa climb up d alter.
Am looking for an amazingly beatifull young talented respectfull girl ...if u tink u av thse all u can apply( jokes apart u did a gud job)
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by chibwike(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
My girl always tells me that "A lady knows a guy that has a future"...and they dont hesitate in settling with such guy...no matter how poor, ugly or unromantic he might be at that particular moment.
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Dygeasy(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
In the Africa of today? Getting married is just like seeking a job. Hold on to one till a better one comes along. Many ladies don't put their eggs in one basket these days.
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by bakandow11: 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
chibikwe u also mke sense.....Surulere aint thre bus stop again, olorun shogo tnx
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by iceberylin(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
ŚĔŔĨŐÚŚĹŶ Ĩ ĞÁŤ ŃŐŤĤĨŃĞ ŤŐ ŚÁŶ sad
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
THE PLAY BOY= A very vital point the op forgot to add...babes dating play boys have been on a long thing since 1518BC
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by jnrbayano(m): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Lalasticlala the list master and Front Page veteran is here again.

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Emyemyberry(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Incase
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by eghos12(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
but the funing issue about these is that the nigerian girl knows this but would still venture into such relationship because they belive "she can change him"
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2014
i blame Naija girlz tho
the guys that truly like them would be told off,it's the unserious/bad guys they like
at the long run,they end up with guys that won't marry them....

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by daveP(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2014
(singing) WHAT CAN I SAY.....
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Beennkumar(m): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
It's surprising how the ladies would leave the nice guys and run after these ones. undecided

Later, they'll open threads and complain. sad
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by valmunich(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
Who dates those kinda guys? Well, the desperate ones might sad
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by dmcdad: 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
eghos12:
but the funing issue about these is that the nigerian girl knows this but would still venture into such relationship because they belive "she can change him"
Some may not be to change him, but for the money. As long as money is involved, then the person is the perfect one.
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by dmcdad: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
valmunich:
Who dates those kinda guys? Well, the desperate ones might sad
Remember many Naija girls and their money attitudes?
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by montestic(m): 11:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
My cousin was once in love with such a person who was perpetually comparing her with his ex. Each time she does something, d guy would tell her if it were his ex , she would have done it this way.

at a time, she started seeing him with other babes, she would tel my cousin that the others forced themselves on him that he doesn't love them at all. that she's d one he loved. yet he kept sleeping with them.

She later dumped him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Tymax(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
jnrbayano:
Lalasticlala the list master and Front Page veteran is here again.
Gbam! E sure say dis one go reach FP.

@topic: I'm none of the above, so Ladies, do the needful grin
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by valmunich(m): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
dmcdad:

Remember many Naija girls and their money attitudes?
Yea, exactly what came to my mind immediately I was done reading the topic. Most of girls will rather go for the 'bucks' not minding the points Stated by the OP

Such an appalling situation smiley
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by marieolae(f): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2014
Seriously, do these kind of guys still exist?
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by diksucker(f): 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
marieolae:
Seriously, do these kind of guys still exist?

Yes of cuz.

I have dated a couple of them but had to dump them when my eyes tear. thanxx to Mary my friend that let me know how I was been played.
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mr mummy boy.

Pray mummy loves you and accepts you. Or, ur sorry ar.se will be dumped, if mummy makes any complain about you.
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by marieolae(f): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
diksucker:

Yes of cuz.

I have dated a couple of them but had to dump them when my eyes tear. thanxx to Mary my friend that let me know how I was been played.
wow. Then u have to be wise enough to avoid dem den
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by diksucker(f): 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
marieolae:
wow. Then u have to be wise enough to avoid dem den

yea. my eyes don tear. wouldn't allow such unserious guys to deceive me again.
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by marieolae(f): 11:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
diksucker:

yea. my eyes don tear. wouldn't allow such unserious guys to deceive me again.
good for you girl smiley
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by pastoraaaaaa: 11:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
Great write up
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by pastoraaaaaa: 11:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
Good write up
Re: 10 Types Of Men Who Won't Marry You by sekzy99(m): 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
Story

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tattooed, Drunk Or Smoker; Which Would You Prefer To Date? / Sunday Laughs... (Pics)!!! / I Have A Soft Spot For Gals Wu Smoke Weed, Is It Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.