Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

APC Says Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Says Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal (550 Views)

"Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture / South African Media Confirms Legitimacy Of Nigeria's $9.3m Arms Deal / $9.3m Arms Deal: PDP Reps In $20,000 Bribery Scandal - Madaki's Confession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Says Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal by oludashmi(f): 3:28am On Oct 09, 2014
The All Progressives Congress says ex-militant, Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari, was involved in the $9.3m arms deal which led to the arrest of two Nigerians and an Israeli in South Africa. This is because he was found on the same plane where the money was found and confiscated by the South African authorities.

According to Punch, APC said in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Wednesday, that…

“Under our constitution, the NSA is an adviser and has no executive powers to deploy troops from any of the services or purchase arms for them. That the arms purported to be purchased from South Africa were ordered from the office of the NSA is nothing but a mere fabrication, and raises serious questions about the motive for the purchase.

“Nigerians will therefore like to know on whose behalf Asari Dokubo was purchasing arms. This is very crucial because Asari Dokubo has been threatening that Nigeria will not know peace if his benefactor, President Jonathan, is not re-elected. Therefore, Nigerians will like to know whether he has started stockpiling arms to make his threat a reality, since elections are due in a few months’ time.

“If these arms are meant to fight insurgency, as the government has claimed, what is Asari Dokubo’s business purchasing arms for the Nigerian military, if indeed they were for the military? Does it not occur to the Nigerian government that this man who once took arms against the state may not have jettisoned his sinister plan against the same state?”

The party said the President should also come clean on the $5.7m that was also seized by South Africa on Monday. He said Jonathan would so well by revealing the identities of the Nigerians that were arrested in South Africa.

Dokubo-Asari in a telephone interview with journalists from Saudi Arabia where he is presently performing the 2014 Hajj, said the last time he visited South Africa was in 2002 and could not have gone to any country without a visa.

He said, “Can you enter any country without a visa? No person can enter any country without a visa. Presently, I am in Saudi Arabia performing my Hajj as the Amirul Hajj of Bayelsa State and this can be confirmed. I flew Flynass from Kaduna on September 27. So, it is really a shame that Lai Mohammed who has defiled the name of Allah has become a pathological and award-winning liar.

“Nobody enters any country without a visa and I have not been to South Africa since 2002. I flew Arik airline from Lagos on the September 27 and went to Kaduna where I flew Flynass airline and came to Saudi Arabia.”

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/apc-says-asari-dokubo-took-part-9-3m-arms-scandal/
Re: APC Says Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal by Adindupeter: 6:44am On Oct 09, 2014
Lie Mohammed doing what he does best. Always dishing out lies from APC kitchen.
Re: APC Says Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal by lilprinze: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2014
APC has started with their lies and propaganda again. if they don't have poof or evidence that Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal, they should shut up and stop making unnecessary noise.

1 Like

Re: APC Says Asari-dokubo Took Part In $9.3m Arms Scandal by mekadinho(f): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2014
Adindupeter:
Lie Mohammed doing what he does best. Always dishing out lies from APC kitchen.
Lie Mohammed, a pathological liar, a stu..pd prevaricator.

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Micro Credit Scheme Beneficiary. / Mandela To Nigeria / Alao Akala Tears Ballot Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.