Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? (2537 Views)

12 Things some Men Mostly Thought In their Mind When Searching / A Father's Advice To His Son When Searching For A Wife / Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by itstpia1: 4:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Actually, it does.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by itstpia1: 4:33am On Oct 11, 2014
iceberylin:
ĔVĔŔŶŤĤĨŃĞ MÁŤŤĔŔŚ winks

This
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by itstpia1: 4:34am On Oct 11, 2014
djeezy:
If you dont mind it doesn't matter. If you mind it matters. Mind over matter.

And this.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by itstpia1: 4:34am On Oct 11, 2014
bknight:
Class is relative.

There are rich people with no 'class'. Just as there are people at the lower rungs with ethics.
This class you think you have attained may be humbled when you meet true aristocracy.

Having said that, people shouldn't crucify OP if 'class' is a pre-requisite to date for him.

Also this.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Shydon(m): 5:53am On Oct 11, 2014
folameme:
is ur father as rich as mike adenuga or dangote?to hell wit u and ur money biko!!!do u knw wah she can be in future?only if she aint goal oriented!why won't u date her?i guess d gal herself has low self esteem,why will she be acting all over u and even asked u out?chai i love d way God created me sha,no matter how rich a guy is,i can never bring myself soooo low by acting all over him to make him feel fly or tripping mbanu eeeeeewwww,if i don't like ur personality,we can't connect!@op i don't blame u,na d gal jabo ma hands sha,so u're feeling fly now abi becos u think u're better than her?mtcheeeeeeeeeeeww!!!

Calm down..u don't hv 2 'roast' me 4 saying it d way it is pls..I admire d spirit..keep it up..tnx!
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 11, 2014
Shydon:

There seemed 2b a prblm somewhere..I dint meant to brag for mentioning those things above..I hate bragging..am of the view that one should strive hard to surpass his/her parents success..am afraid u got it twisted..tnx for the advice anyway..God Bless!

If u rily do believe dat one shd surpass his parent's, den her family class shdnt be a problem, becos u can never predict a person's future by using his/her family background as a yardstick. We cannot choose who are parents will be but we can choose what our future will be like. So its not abt wot family u come from, but its abt wia ur heading as an individual. Der is notin like family success, success is individualistic. Even a popular family name is becos of an individual in d family.

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
folameme:
God bless u sugar,the 3 things i value in a guy are: intelligence,personality and potential lobatan! i dnt care if u're bill gates son if we don't connect lailai,i won't give u attention!@op are u classy and sophisticated as u've painted?huh?
Your head dey therewink infact you sabi better thingcheesy
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by folameme(f): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
nabsprada:
Your head dey therewink infact you sabi better thingcheesy
thnx hun
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Chuks16(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
well, to me, when it comes to class,I wanna marry a health worker.

chikina

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by olexjay(m): 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
when its unconditional love then I think class isn't an issue to that, but most people consider class in relationship in order to avoid liability........ In order not to be a dependant since couple are meant to help themselves
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Chuks16(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
folameme:
God bless u sugar,the 3 things i value in a guy are: intelligence,personality and potential lobatan!i dnt care if u're bill gates son if we don't connect lailai,i won't give u attention!@op are u classy and sophisticated as u've painted?huh?

wow nicely selected, sorry to ask,pls what are your values I wanna know if it matches mine?
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Perhaps not in a relationship, but social class / background definitely matters in marriage.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by hopeforcharles(m): 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
oluamid:
So....she's poor and you are not that great yourself undecided

So where's the difference in class here?

Difference in class is when Dangote's daughter is in a relationship with a conductor that sleeps under Ojuelegba bridge.

Gerrit!? angry

You get bad mouth, anyway he is not that classy why the complains? He should take her and upp her class simple.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Shydon(m): 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
jesuslovesme123:
Perhaps not in a relationship, but social class / background definitely matters in marriage.
I like ur bluntness

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
bknight:
Class is relative.

There are rich people with no 'class'. Just as there are people at the lower rungs with impressive ethics.
This class you think you have attained may be humbled when you meet true aristocracy.

Having said that, people shouldn't crucify OP if 'class' is a pre-requisite to date for him.

You are right in saying that class is relative.

I should point out that there is a difference between class and social class.

Class is an individual thing. Like you said, you can find both rich and poor people with class. There are some members of the British Royal Family with absolutely no class, and this is reflected in how they comport themselves.

Social class, on the other hand, is often related to a family's status in society - who their 'peers' are and what social gatherings they are welcome to. I believe this is the kind of class that the OP is referring to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Try To Fix/change People. / Help.. He Spends Much Unnecessarily / Please.. I Am Having Sleepless Night I Need An Advise...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.