Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? (2528 Views)

12 Things some Men Mostly Thought In their Mind When Searching / A Father's Advice To His Son When Searching For A Wife / Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Shydon(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
There's this cute girl that we both agreed to be friends on Facebook; unknown to us initially, that we are residing in the same neighbourhood/area. We got chatting the next day and in no time realised that fact. But due to the fact that I hardly spend much time at home because of school couple with the fact that she recently relocated with her mom; we both don't know each other..even after exchanging pix.

Thereafter, she took it upon herself to dig deep into my background..she got obviously impressed with the findings. I understood this because of her sudden change..she became nicer and more committed even before meeting me in person. It was surprising..she took the friendship which was at that time not more than two days old to the next level..she literally toasted me! I kept enjoying the show on my own part..told her what her ears wanted to hear..no dulling!

Sallah break came, and I travelled home. While at home we met frequently..not a day would pass without us seeing each other. She was nice and sweet to be with but, no matter how I try to reciprocate the love, I just can't. I couldn't feel any love..in fact the little hope I had for the relationship hit the rock the very day I learnt of her family background. They can be classified as lower class. Don't get it twisted, I am not materialistic or expecting to get any financial or economic benefits whatsoever from my bride's-to-be family. My family: we are neither upper nor middle..because we have the connections and popularity around.

Prior to this experience, I used to think that ones class does not really matters in a relationship as long as there is love..was I right? Should I still give the relationship a chance? Have you experienced something similar?

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by iceberylin(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
ĔVĔŔŶŤĤĨŃĞ MÁŤŤĔŔŚ winks

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
The kinda class i think you're talking about doesn't matter. Do you think they'll remain at the lower region forever?
As for me, when i date, i look at what's in da head, Potentiality, and how hardworking you are, your zeal to do things right, see someone who's got a future. You may meet her at the lower class, as you put it, what will happen tomorrow? You may see her higher than you are. So don't let present circumstances make you lose a diamond when you're busy collecting stones.

4 Likes

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by mesoade(m): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
Class kor? ,lecture theatre ni!

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by xynerise: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
Yes, she must be in SS3
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Now that you know her family background get to know her again without your earlier expectations and see if you might be surprised just don't give her false hopes in case things don't work out. About the class thing different things matter to different people getting to know people from all walks of life will help you keep an open mind which will be useful in your present and future interactions.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by zicoraads: 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
It matters, a lot!

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
Class matter in a relationship for those who consider it a prerequisite and it doesn't matter for those who don't make it matter !!

To me, Relate with whom your heart pleases to be with whether she's a villager or Abuja by CBD !!
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Afrok(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
Op did U mean class or level?
If U meant class, I think that'll matter in the secondary school settings but if it's level, then university is the right place to find it.

Well my dear op, how would U have felt if the girl is the one feeling the way U are feeling towards her? Most guys do claim that ladies forms class or level, believe me some guys don join them. Seriously, as a guy I don't see any big deal there. I get the gist, it was becoz she became nice to U overnight so it became obvious to U that it was bcoz of her background or urs? This is one of the reasons why we guys will always complaint about girls showing I don't care attitude even when they care bcoz of fear of U looking down on them.

If U don't wanna be her friend or be in a relationship with her, please opt out from her life gently and don't use her background or urs as an excuse.
Love is involved, if U don't love her then U don't love her.
One love bro...

3 Likes

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Tolexander: 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
You can continue. But try to find out if the lady really loves you and not after the connection and popularity around you as stated in your post.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tolexander:
You can continue. But try to find out if the lady really loves you and not after the connection and popularity around you as stated in your post.
hmmm..pls no lady should see me as been proud or been arrogant.. Its jxt wat I believe...@OP ,dude class matters! If she ain't ur type or on d same line wide u,donot waste her time..gradually make her leave,never make her feel inferior,u don't want sm1's hate workn against u cos u made her feel like trash..if she ain't on d same page wid u,my guy. D tin no go work ...although', different strokes for different folks... Una well done here

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Tymax(m): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
It matters o. You don't expect the rich parents of a lady to accept one guy from nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by oluamid(m): 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
So....she's poor and you are not that great yourself undecided

So where's the difference in class here?

Difference in class is when Dangote's daughter is in a relationship with a conductor that sleeps under Ojuelegba bridge.

Gerrit!? angry

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by djeezy(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you dont mind it doesn't matter. If you mind it matters. Mind over matter.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Dygeasy(m): 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
Is any of some of the guys above plus the OP Dangote's son? No?

Okada, next junction abeg.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Shydon:
There's this cute girl that we both agreed to be friends on Facebook; unknown to us initially, that we are residing in the same neighbourhood/area. We got chatting the next day and in no time realised that fact. But due to the fact that I hardly spend much time at home because of school couple with the fact that she recently relocated with her mom; we both don't know each other..even after exchanging pix.

Thereafter, she took it upon herself to dig deep into my background..she got obviously impressed with the findings. I understood this because of her sudden change..she became nicer and more committed even before meeting me in person. It was surprising..she took the friendship which was at that time not more than two days old to the next level..she literally toasted me! I kept enjoying the show on my own part..told her what her ears wanted to hear..no dulling!

Sallah break came, and I travelled home. While at home we met frequently..not a day would pass without us seeing each other. She was nice and sweet to be with but, no matter how I try to reciprocate the love, I just can't. I couldn't feel any love.. in fact the little hope I had for the relationship hit the rock the very day I learnt of her family background. They can be classified as lower class. Don't get it twisted, I am not materialistic or expecting to get any financial or economic benefits whatsoever from my bride's-to-be family. My family: we are neither upper nor middle..because we have the connections and popularity around.

Prior to this experience, I used to think that ones class does not really matters in a relationship as long as there is love..was I right? Should I still give the relationship a chance? Have you experienced something similar?
@bolded,I really don't know what your cute girl fell in love with after her findings but there,you said it,you don't feel anything! At least not what she hopes you feel

Give the relationship a chance? Really Everyone deserves to be loved but not out of pity or as a favor...you obviously love the attention but do you love her?

Does class matters in a relationship? I wish I could answer this but I can't cause my heart has been programmed to love only my kind of personsembarassed even if you are Dangote's son,if you ain't my kind of person,my heart ain't looking your side,class is class when you see it as class!
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
The kinda class i think you're talking about doesn't matter. Do you think they'll remain at the lower region forever?
As for me, when i date, i look at what's in da head, Potentiality, and how hardworking you are, your zeal to do things right, see someone who's got a future. You may meet her at the lower class, as you put it, what will happen tomorrow? You may see her higher than you are. So don't let present circumstances make you lose a diamond when you're busy collecting stones.

hmm! Madam, I no know say fine gels like u day sabi think like dis sha. Am impressed, and doe I feel like toasting u rite now, I won't. cheesy
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by 3coins(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
op,read what you wrote again. . .does it make sense?
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by 3coins(m): 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
missberrypop5:
wish i could like this again
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by 3coins(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
mesoade:
Class kor? ,lecture theatre ni!
LOL
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by 3coins(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
xynerise:
Yes, she must be in SS3
#EPIC grin
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by 3coins(m): 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
xynerise:
Yes, she must be in SS3
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
Shydon:

Sallah break came, and I travelled home. While at home we met frequently..not a day would pass without us seeing each other. She was nice and sweet to be with but, no matter how I try to reciprocate the love, I just can't. I couldn't feel any love..in fact the little hope I had for the relationship hit the rock the very day I learnt of her family background. They can be classified as lower class. Don't get it twisted, I am not materialistic or expecting to get any financial or economic benefits whatsoever from my bride's-to-be family. My family: we are neither upper nor middle..because we have the connections and popularity around.

Bros, am disappointed dat ur bragging abt ur family's connections and popularity. U obviously hav a lot to learn in life.

And ur thinking like dis as a student. How will u be thinking when u hav started making small money?

U shd decide if it is her u want to date or her family. Maybe when u do, you will know beta.

Wot if d table was turned? Wot if her dad or uncle was a serving senator or minister and as such she tot ur family was not classy enof?

Day sed man's pomo is anoda man's bonga fish but sometimes d oda man's bonga fish is beta for u becos fish is proteinous and pomo no day give u anytin for body. Do u undastand?

3 Likes

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by naijaboiy: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
mtchewww undecided

Connection kor,,network ni undecided
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by michelz: 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
Class matters alot in relationships,don't be foöled to think otherwise. There are somethings that just can't be. For instance,you don't expect the prince of England to stoop low as to marry a lowly peasant girl; they may date and all that,but when it comes to the real things that count like having a family together,there the big problem lies with all the attending pressures from families,friends and others. When you experience relationships ,and mature more in them,you will understand that not all relationships are meant to be,no matter how beautiful or handsome the person might be. And you would be grateful you didn't go into some relationships.

1 Like

Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Shydon(m): 10:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
3coins:
op,read what you wrote again. . .does it make sense?

I would advice u learn how to vamoose from people's thread anytime u hv nothing meaningful to say, pls..tnx!
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by 3coins(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
Shydon:

I would advice u learn how to vamoose from people's thread anytime u hv nothing meaningful to say, pls..tnx!
did you post "something meaningful"?
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
Run away from that girl. She Has Mami water Spirit. Bring yourself for deliverance too. *Sprinkles Holy Water on Thread* *walks away* angry angry angry
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by Shydon(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
obongproff:

Bros, am disappointed dat ur bragging abt ur family's connections and popularity. U obviously hav a lot to learn in life.

And ur thinking like dis as a student. How will u be thinking when u hav started making small money?

U shd decide if it is her u want to date or her family. Maybe when u do, you will know beta.

Wot if d table was turned? Wot if her dad or uncle was a serving senator or minister and as such she tot ur family was not classy enof?

Day sed man's pomo is anoda man's bonga fish but sometimes d oda man's bonga fish is beta for u becos fish is proteinous and pomo no day give u anytin for body. Do u undastand?

There seemed 2b a prblm somewhere..I dint meant to brag for mentioning those things above..I hate bragging..am of the view that one should strive hard to surpass his/her parents success..am afraid u got it twisted..tnx for the advice anyway..God Bless!
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by folameme(f): 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
Shydon:

is ur father as rich as mike adenuga or dangote?to hell wit u and ur money biko!!!do u knw wah she can be in future?only if she aint goal oriented!why won't u date her?i guess d gal herself has low self esteem,why will she be acting all over u and even asked u out?chai i love d way God created me sha,no matter how rich a guy is,i can never bring myself soooo low by acting all over him to make him feel fly or tripping mbanu eeeeeewwww,if i don't like ur personality,we can't connect!@op i don't blame u,na d gal jabo ma hands sha,so u're feeling fly now abi becos u think u're better than her?mtcheeeeeeeeeeeww!!!
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by bknight: 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Class is relative.

There are rich people with no 'class'. Just as there are people at the lower rungs with impressive ethics.
This class you think you have attained may be humbled when you meet true aristocracy.

Having said that, people shouldn't crucify OP if 'class' is a pre-requisite to date for him.
Re: Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? by folameme(f): 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
nabsprada:

@bolded,I really don't know what your cute girl fell in love with after her findings but there,you said it,you don't feel anything! At least not what she hopes you feel

Give the relationship a chance? Really Everyone deserves to be loved but not out of pity or as a favor...you obviously love the attention but do you love her?

Does class matters in a relationship? I wish I could answer this but I can't cause my heart has been programmed to love only my kind of personsembarassed even if you are Dangote's son,if you ain't my kind of person,my heart ain't looking your side,class is class when you see it as class!
God bless u sugar,the 3 things i value in a guy are: intelligence,personality and potential lobatan!i dnt care if u're bill gates son if we don't connect lailai,i won't give u attention!@op are u classy and sophisticated as u've painted?huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Older A Girl Gets, The More Her Tummy Protrudes / How A Nairalander Broke Up With His Lover Yestarday / To Be Respected Or To Be Loved(Guys)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.