Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Chose Hell Fire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Chose Hell Fire (7624 Views)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

Stop this. Its blatant Lie in the highest order.

God didn't create us as zombies for a reason..
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by PastorOluT(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2014
Xcapist:

But you do know that nobody is going to heaven, right?

The Christians say that all unbelievers will burn in the lake of fire...that disqualifies the larger percentage of world, the Muslims say the same too. Christians cancel Muslims, Muslims cancel Christians, the rest have already been cancelled by both so who ends up getting in?

Simple maths, nobody. Anyway, it seems like hell is where all the fun's gonna be at. I don't want to float on clouds, with white flowing robes holding unto a harp and chanting amen hallelujah holy eternally! I'll be bored to death. What do you think?

U are very right, u will never be bored in Hell!
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 7:29am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

God didn't create us as zombies for a reason..

Why don't we debate on issue of that god free will?

Man you don't have to support that fiery tale person you call god. He his not a god of free will
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by blym4real: 8:02am On Oct 15, 2014
One thing am sure of is the existence of God.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by macof(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Simpsonrocket:

I live you to God to visit your life since I can't convince you byebye.

dude why do you keep contradicting yourself like this?

First u said God is in man, now u say he should visit man
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

Why don't we debate on issue of that god free will?

Man you don't have to support that [b]fiery [/b]tale person you call god. He his not a god of free will

*Fairy tale u mean*
Freewill in the sense that you have an option to believe or to do the opposite!

Eternal life and the converse state eternal damnation are not forced upon us but we are allowed the liberty to choose either of the two by our actions or inactions here on earth!
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by macof(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2014
Macelliot:
Macof, ur profile text says, "paganism is a default way of life ordained by God."
Then, why are u supporting satanism?

Satanism ke? how am I supporting satanism?
btw satan doesn't exist
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

hav you burnt one bf?
Besides, "that book" , is highly regarded in literary circles. It has enriched d english language more than any other religious book.
Fool, what language was the Bible originally written in? King James? Nama. Go educate yourself.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by macof(m): 8:30am On Oct 15, 2014
asalimpo:

it makes sense to say wat the bible says not giv your private interpretation.
The bible talks of angels who left their first estate, and their place wasnt found in heaven no more.
They would fit d beings who took wives on earth. But d bible is silent on that.
Two, lucifer and his bunch, thought they'll win. Hav they?
Their track record is one of defeat after defeat. Any angel with brains on will see and learn.
He tried a coup in heaven - was thrown out.
He settled in d atmosphere btwn heaven and earth.
Tried to win the earth,since he lost in heaven, Adam was decieved-Earth keys went to satan. Great. Super victory.

God, allowed it,because satan had legal rights to d property-earth.

Satan thought God would forever condemn Man as He did angels-he was wrong. Man, was given a second chance.
Again,Satan lost.

God, promised a deliverer,Satan was on d lookout to kill any who looked like one. Abel went down, many prophets were slain.
Yet,Jesus, was born-satan failed again.

Next,working thru the then king , He incited mass slaughter of babies. But Jesus had left for egypt the night before. Oops! Satan miscalculated again.

Now,He was sure that Jesus was the One. He tried to play subtly.
He threw his temptations.
They backfired!
Satan literally ran out of ideas! Nothg to tempt with again!
Satan lost yet again.

Then he engineered the crucifixion. He was always a murderer. Did it work?
The broke legal laws by killing and innocent man. And till today,He's still regretting.
By this act,He became the ultimate fool.
Not only did he lose in his goal,he lost his previous rights and powers - the power of death and hell.
He was stripped.
Who laughed last?
Jesus rose triumphant.
Satan lost yet again?

Now , each time a person gives his life to Christ Satan winces because such a one has d potential to wreak havoc to his plans. Christianity bcomes like an ebola virus to his kingdom.
He's agenda is now to cause confusion,lethargy, laxness,disinterest in the church.

Eventually, he'll make one last move to forever seal people for hell and win the earth for himself - and he'll lose (on the earth part)

lastly, he has a terrible destiny.
A mere angel , not God , will throw him into his place of torment. In the lake of fire,he'll be howling to.

Would u wanna decamp to som1 with satan's track record?

He's a loser. Big time.

Cool story bro. I would love to see this play acted out cheesy
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by asalimpo(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Fool, what language was the Bible originally written in? King James? Nama. Go educate yourself.

biblically speaking,you're d fool here.
Answer d question and stop ravg.

*what point did u even make?
Empty hollow barrel.*
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by abdulwastecx(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2014
I find the following stupid and ridiculous.
God created man in his own image....really
since we have different kind of man ( if this man means human). human is classify into Caucasian, nigriod, mongolite ( people may disagree with this classifications because it lack scientific bases), based in appearance alone, we can inferred that God is dark skin, with heavy facial features and kinky hair?...or say GOD is some northern European in apperance with long straight hair, narrow nose, very pale skin? ...Or God is some slant eye south east asians with flat nose ane brown skin....

The answer is early Europeans and middle easterners create God in their own image no the other way round
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

*Fairy tale u mean*
Freewill in the sense that you have an option to believe or to do the opposite!

Eternal life and the converse state eternal damnation are not forced upon us but we are allowed the liberty to choose either of the two by our actions or inactions here on earth!

God gives us free-will. But why does God punish us for exercising our free-will in certain ways (disobeying Him, sinning)? Why even both to give us free will, if we are to be punished for exercising our free will in a certain way.

I would say that is not really free will. If I give you a glass of water on the table, and say you are free to drink the glass of water, but if you drink it, I will kill you --- Why even bother to give that person the option of drinking the water, when you are essentially hindering his free-will and stopping him from drinking the glass of water?

If I want to carry out an action but in the back of my mind I know it is a sin, I might hesitate to carry out that action if I know God will punish me. Isn't that not obstructing my free-will? Why give me free will, if you punish me for making certain choices I want to make?

If God gave us freedom of choice why does he intervene in human affairs?
I've heard it a zillion times: "God gave us freedom of choice;" the standard answer given by Christians to explain all the evil in the world which God permits, yet, according to the bible, he's been intervening in the world and in human affairs with or without concent since Genesis. He's given credit for the good things, but humanity is blamed for the bad things. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

Arant Nonsense!!!!!!

Mr man that is not free will. God does not give free will.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Femmymata2(m): 9:11am On Oct 15, 2014
We can make the world a better place by caring for and wishing others well not minding the God,religion,race,tribe,background we belong to...
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

God gives us free-will. But why does God punish us for exercising our free-will in certain ways (disobeying Him, sinning)? Why even both to give us free will, if we are to be punished for exercising our free will in a certain way.

I would say that is not really free will. If I give you a glass of water on the table, and say you are free to drink the glass of water, but if you drink it, I will kill you --- Why even bother to give that person the option of drinking the water, when you are essentially hindering his free-will and stopping him from drinking the glass of water?

If I want to carry out an action but in the back of my mind I know it is a sin, I might hesitate to carry out that action if I know God will punish me. Isn't that not obstructing my free-will? Why give me free will, if you punish me for making certain choices I want to make?

If God gave us freedom of choice why does he intervene in human affairs?
I've heard it a zillion times: "God gave us freedom of choice;" the standard answer given by Christians to explain all the evil in the world which God permits, yet, according to the bible, he's been intervening in the world and in human affairs with or without concent since Genesis. He's given credit for the good things, but humanity is blamed for the bad things. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?

Arant Nonsense!!!!!!

Mr man that is not free will. God does not give free will.

I understand the desire to live life without any hinderances whatsoever or the realization that a supreme being watches over your every activity!

Yet that doesn't change the fact that GOD exists and he's a rewarder of those who diligently seek him

From your writing its pretty obvious that you are agnostic...but am not against anybody's belief the best I can do is to appeal to the hearts of people with the gospel of christ which brings salvation.

Its all good bro CIAO!
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 9:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

Describing heavenly things with earthly things now are we?

Your example is flawed in the sense that it doesn't go like this giving the person you created a glass of water to drink

GOD is the self existing one he knows all things and sees all things...in him we live and have our being!
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

I understand the desire to live life without any hinderances whatsoever or the realization that a supreme being watches over your every activity!

Yet that doesn't change the fact that GOD exists and he's a rewarder of those who diligently seek him

From your writing its pretty obvious that you are agnostic...but am not against anybody's belief the best I can do is to appeal to the hearts of people with the gospel of christ which brings salvation.

Its all good bro CIAO!

You mentioned nothing in your post. I addressed you with questions of high degree logical priority, and all you can tell me is Am AGNOSTIC or god exists??.

Common I expected more. Let's get to business. Let's open the so called holy books, Quran, bible etc. Let's analyze and debate issues rather than avoiding them with a cheap "am agnostic statement"".

You insult me by terming me agnostic. I am. Atheist. And I believe there is no god. #fact

Signed.

Ymodulus
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 9:40am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

Your example is flawed in the sense that it doesn't go like this giving the person you created a glass of water to drink

GOD is the self existing one he knows all things and sees all things...in him we live and have our being!

are you serious??

Common explain how it relates. Cause except you don't understand what am saying above. My explanation ain't flawed
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:
are you serious??

Common explain how it relates. Cause except you don't understand what am saying above. My explanation ain't flawed

It is flawed the relationship between man and GOD is beyond human comprehension attimes....

#fact GOD created man.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 9:48am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

You mentioned nothing in your post. I addressed you with questions of high degree logical priority, and all you can tell me is Am AGNOSTIC or god exists??.

Common I expected more. Let's get to business. Let's open the so called holy books, Quran, bible etc. Let's analyze and debate issues rather than avoiding them with a cheap "am agnostic statement"".

You insult me by terming me agnostic. I am. Atheist. And I believe there is no god. #fact

Signed.

Ymodulus

Okay I won't argue the evidences of GOD's existence with you cause I know you've read them all and chosen to be an atheist!

Tis useless to argue with a made up mind!
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by CANTICLES: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

he knows all things and sees all things...in him we live and have our being!

.... You are describing d god of christendom, i use 'g' bcoz u guyz dont know whom you are serving , Haba ! A parent already knows his jss 2 child can never pass S.S.C.E , yet he went ahead and register him for it, but when d boy fails the parent purnish him ... Isnt dat cruel, aftrall he knew he is gonna fail ?? For your info, the God of the Bible is " love" ... A direct metaphor tellin u he Cloth Himself In love and will neva do such a cruel thing " God is Love" 1john 4:8 !, He uses self control and choose not to foreknow some things , so dont be suprised that he was amazed when Abaraham is ready to sacrifice his son , what do u notice in his statement in Gen 22:11,12 And 15-18 !!! Can u now see that truth! What he did later resemble Abraham's own when he sent his own son , loving God!
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 10:18am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

Okay I won't argue the evidences of GOD's existence with you cause I know you've read them all and chosen to be an atheist!

Tis useless to argue with a made up mind!

Sir I am free minded, am open we can create a new thread sit down as men one on one and let's debate the issue of Gods existence.

On that thread we should talk man to man, heart to heart, with all proves and scriptural / citings and references. Having no biasness.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

Sir I am free minded, am open we can create a new thread sit down as men one on one and let's debate the issue of Gods existence.

On that thread we should talk man to man, heart to heart, with all proves and scriptural / citings and references. Having no biasness.

Lol me sir?

Sorry I don't want us to debate.

I feel everyman Is entitled to his own views...
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

It is flawed the relationship between man and GOD is beyond human comprehension attimes....

#fact GOD created man.

Gbam !!! You are closed minded. What can't be understood by humans??

Why should you have a supreme god and you don't understand his ways of acting??

The relationship between god and man can be understood. So stop saying that. Its another lie heralded by those church guys
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by mcfarlin(m): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

Gbam !!! You are closed minded. What can't be understood by humans??

Why should you have a supreme god and you don't understand his ways of acting??

The relationship between god and man can be understood. So stop saying that. Its another lie heralded by those church guys

Am not close minded its just that the secret things belong to the most high!

So if you don't believe in GOD what do you believe in?
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2014
mcfarlin:

Am not close minded its just that the secret things belong to the most high!

So if you don't believe in GOD what do you believe in?

[size=24pt]So what do you believe in?[/size]

I believe in many things. I believe in the potential of humanity, in the power of reason, in the comfort of love, and in the value of truth. I also believe in the beauty and joy of human experience, and the nearly unlimited power of the human will to endure almost any hardship or solve almost any problem.

I believe that faith can mislead people into falsehood, and that we need reason and doubt as necessary checks against our capacity for error. I believe that we need to allow our fellow human beings to make choices for themselves and to live the life they wish to, in mutual peace and goodwill.

I believe that political negotiation and compromise -- fuelled by an honest measure of respect for different opinions, beliefs and lifestyles -- is the only way the world will find universal peace and goodwill, and that using the scientific method is the only way the world can arrive at an agreement on the truth about anything.

I believe that it is better to preach the gospel of "be good to your fellow man, and love each other as life itself," than to preach the gospel of "believe in our religion or be damned." For it is better to be good to each other and to build on what we all agree to be true, than to insist that we all think alike.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Chose Hell Fire by kevoh(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

I believe that it is better to preach the gospel of "be good to your fellow man, and love each other as life itself," than to preach the gospel of "believe in our religion or be damned." For it is better to be good to each other and to build on what we all agree to be true, than to insist that we all think alike.

I love this. Nice message bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Chose Hell Fire by kingkaspa: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

I believe in many things. I believe in the potential of humanity, in the power of reason, in the comfort of love, and in the value of truth. I also believe in the beauty and joy of human experience, and the nearly unlimited power of the human will to endure almost any hardship or solve almost any problem.

I believe that faith can mislead people into falsehood, and that we need reason and doubt as necessary checks against our capacity for error. I believe that we need to allow our fellow human beings to make choices for themselves and to live the life they wish to, in mutual peace and goodwill.

I believe that political negotiation and compromise -- fuelled by an honest measure of respect for different opinions, beliefs and lifestyles -- is the only way the world will find universal peace and goodwill, and that using the scientific method is the only way the world can arrive at an agreement on the truth about anything.

I love this piece. Poster, please your permission to quote this piece on my wall.

1 Like

Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 11:30am On Oct 15, 2014
kingkaspa:
I love this piece. Poster, please your permission to quote this piece on my wall.
granted
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Ymodulus: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
kevoh:

I love this. Nice message bro!

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: I Chose Hell Fire by asalimpo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ymodulus:

[size=24pt]So what do you believe in?[/size]

the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

you also believe nobody was born evil:

the criminal wasnt born innocent and good but became bad because of ...

The prostitute was good but ....

The corporations tht present lying statements ar good @ heart ...

You believe in d good in every1 thts y d world is decayg into depravity everyday.

Man needs a saviour to clean him out from the inside.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by Macelliot(m): 1:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
macof:

Satanism ke? how am I supporting satanism?
btw satan doesn't exist
forget about that. Focus on new topic.
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/5160/viewall/
An interesting topic....
The mysteries hidden under the Sun will be revealed on the day of Judgement.
Re: I Chose Hell Fire by golddeejay(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
i believe there is a 'supernatural being or force', smth or someone creative behind the creation of the universe and human, because the universe and human appears too perfect to be spontenous.

That being said religion is the greatest scam in human history. We human always want to have smth to believe in n follow(we r right and they are wrong) and thats what religion is thriving on. Most of the problems of the world are caused by this religions. I dont need religion to tell me to love my neighbours because that is part of my whole being(i feel good loving others)...But religion will tell 'love your neighbour as yourself' and u will almost hear the unspoken part 'except the unbelievers'. In church, you will hear the sermon on tithe as if ur whole existence depends on it even though jesus never endorse it. If they preach the same way on helping others in need, giving to the orphans etc, i think the world will have been a better place. Mayb religions have derailed frm the original plan of those that started it, what i kno is the world would have been better without religion

And hell fire...hell no. What a wickedness that would be. Are u telling me a loving God that created human in 'his own image' will be 'okay' to watch them burn in the lake of fire he created? Can you throw ur dog into the fire even if it killed another dog of urs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is the gospel free or costly? . How Do You See It? / Understanding And Receiving The Grace Of God / MaxInDHouse Of Jehovah's Witnesses Has Confessed That Jesus Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.