Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) (49107 Views)

#ProjectClothe1000 By Nasarawa Corpers In Sdgs & FRSC CDS Group / Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Re: Corps Member Absconds With N2.3m Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by emmykk(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Good name is better than riches...

Cover my face and leave the thread.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by jaydee87(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2014
its quite shameful that a youth can do such and say it boldly that he will get a discharge cert from the back door.
Abeg I don tire for my ppl must we always boost of our wrongdoings. pls I trust that the young man shud reprimanded and dealth with, if its possible his university certificate be revoked. he is a disgrace to my generation and we will say our leaders are corrupt what can i say about this now? well I implore the affected corps members should take it easy cos am sure the law will catch up with him.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2014
The comments have really been diverse. To those who feel he will go scot free I laugh. Even when there was no social media the activities of offenders were been archived. How did we all learn about the atrocities committed by our past leaders? Nigeria not been able to reprimand offenders does not necessarily mean it will continue. We have heard cases in which after 50 years a crime was committed the individual was apprehended. When abacha died I remembered seeing Nigerian rejoicing, when the son of the former governor of bayelsa died , the comments on some of our dailies would put the father to shame. The other day a lady uploaded a you tube video in the US where she insulted all Nigerians. The inability for us to have strong institutions does not mean we forget. You will be surprised that 10 years down the lane he cross path with one of the 144 people whose money he stole. Even if the source of the money is questionable his action of running away with it rather than not accepting it n the first place makes him guilty. The money could have well been funds to pay corpers who supervised or participated in the election process and it is publicly known that youth corp members are often used for election purposes. How many of us wants to associate with the looters of our commonwealth outside naija. In some parts of the UK Nigerian politicians dare not walk because they will be mobbed. In one way or the other the repercussion of crime definitely catches up.

5 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by chux76(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2014
That Nicca is cheap. His brain's been riddled with POVERTY. Playing hide and seek with other eager-to-spill-blood-youths for a measly N2.5m?? Bro you high on cheap gbana,walahi

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Gboliwe: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2014
I am the one ashamed for this one! Nigerian youth! Kai! We seem worse than our fathers!

That man should be dealt with severely. Well if he believes the current system can't deal with him, I strongly believe that Karma is one "onpoint" biiiitch. I don't think that money will last him beyond 2014 and then what? Those corpers he stole from should just relax and await the end of this story. Its a very sad ending I am sure.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by loomer: 10:14am On Oct 15, 2014
so if i wan thief money, na #2.3m. i craze?
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Sanguine77(m): 10:15am On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:
Oju ole re. Bt seriously dr is no batch c corp member yet. All we av are potential batch c corp members. I think d op meant batch b.
There are batch C corpers now and they will pass out around November.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Okudiover(m): 10:16am On Oct 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin See Allowiii ooooh!
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2014
I'm sure Abayomi was not aware of NAIRALAND or he underestimated the power of NAIRALANDERS ! We will always expose criminals like you.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 15, 2014
Which political party gave corpers the money and for What purpose?

Which political party won is Osun state? I just hope the money was not for helping to rig election.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by fairheven: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2014
But of wat benefits is this to him,apart from ruining his own future?...I mean god been on his side,if he gets a good job,he wud probably make that amout in less than a year or two,so why the hurry...why seek the easy way out?am sure that money will not last for the next 3-4years,because "easy comes,easy goes"...our ppl say"shame no ddey catch mad Man but him family members"this guy has only brlought shame and pain to his family lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by MadCow1: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2014
LyfeJennings:

U WRONG BROV. In Naija,everything goes. Dont be surprised if that nigga gets his certificate without hassle & he gets a very good job with no stress.. wasnt Ibori convicted of theft before? Alameisegha got a presidential pardon for disgracing Nigeria before the world, Buruji Kashamu is a big time political figure wanted in the US for drug related offenses. Dont be surprised,this guy fit be Governor tomorrow o..

[b]Actually, I am not wrong at all.. .

I didn't say he threw away his future, I said he just gambled with his future for a 2.3 million Naira stake..

Can he still get an NYSC discharge certificate? Yes it's possible.. Can the repercussion of this gamble never reach him at all? Yes, it's possible that he may get away with this clean and without any real damage.. Can this 2.3million spell the beginning of his journey to immense wealth? Hells yeah it's possible..

However, as much as the above situations are probable, the safest bet to place here is;

The system gets him, jails him, he gets no NYSC discharge certificate, his future career both in the corporate world, politics and others is perpetually haunted and hounded by this event.. He gets a criminal record on his profile and his entire future takes a downward trend all because he decided to take a chance/risk/gamble with 2.3 million Naira..

If both these odds were put up by a betting company, the latter scenario would carry the greater oddss than the former.

I hope to God that this nigga does not regret this move.. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by tuffgongjo(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2014
dinksymaine:
Smh.....typical yoruba man.Always acting without thinking about the repercussions.
You are even Lower than the Lowest with this your Archaic thinking.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by moneybag007(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2014
olrotimi:

why do Nigerians have a problem with comprehension? Didn't you see his call up number to be 13C, do you have to be spoon fed all the time? You should be able to make simple deductions

Must you always take things personal? D̶̲̥̅̊ø you even feel you can't succeed without mocking or being rude to pple?
@ fellow nairalanders, can you imagine ds foolish fool calling someone's attention to what he called 'call-up number' whereas it's d 'state code' of d thief corp member...
i̶̲̥̅̊ wonder y you find solace in criticising others writings when you're actually a dumbass...
I have 2 lines 4 you that i would lyk you to complete:

1. An empty barrel makes ........
2. Pot calling d kettle .......
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2014
kilokeys:
hehehehe.. there is no legality to d money from politicians .. they have no case with him.. nysc concerned.. greedy fellow corpers lol

It seems you dont know the rules been a youth corps member, I was ones a corper, don't forget that as NYSC member you are under the full control of NYSC authority.

1) He absconded, abandoned his primary assignment without completion, and who is going to issue his service completion/performance letter to enable MYSC authority issue his certificate?

In fact, all eyes should be on this issue!

2) If there is any crimina recordl, unruly behavior or charges against you, there is every possibility that you would not be issue a certificate, in other word you must clear all charges against you, and am very sure the matter must have been reported to the NYSC authority.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by sylve11: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:
Oyebukola Abayomi...

The hussle is still as real as it ever was..

The saddest parrt of this story for me is that this Nigga, A fresh Graduate, who should have a lot of hope for a bright future, just gambled his entire future for less than 2.5 Million Naira.. grin Not even up the the value of a Second Hand Range Rover Sports Supercharged..

this gat me lol grin grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by adeakeem(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:
Oju ole re. Bt seriously dr is no batch c corp member yet. All we av are potential batch c corp members. I think d op meant batch b.
Batch C passing out parade is tomorrow
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by sucrev: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2014
princetunex:
you are not a corper how will u knw batches...batch c is passing out 2mao
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by slimmingcare(f): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2014
Why would he sell his birth right and also let his family name go down the drain

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Btruth: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Ibere Oribuku niyen!

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by geedot: 11:01am On Oct 15, 2014
Abayomi omo aye! But u fall ma hand ooo.. Why be say na ma school u con attend??
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Burger01(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2014
For 2.3milla, mtcheew. Wasted sperm undecided

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by nairaman66(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2014
Leave the guy jwo! Some of those corpers crying foul would have done thesame given the chance!

For me 2.3M is really too small to abscond with.. Way too small... undecided
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by fyneboi79(m): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2014
He is a yoruba guy o! Same way Olumide stole our 100k in Benue batch B given to us by David mark in 2006 and got an extension. Y0ruba boys, committing since 652BC grin

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by JEITO: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2014
So na car be his problem

Poor mind....smh-\

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by M4gunners: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2014
dokunbam:
grin
Omo aye

Sharp boi

I hear you. All i can say for now is thank God he is not an Igbo guy.Jehova idi ebube.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by damlet(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2014
Dat guy messed up himself jare

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Cmanforall: 11:33am On Oct 15, 2014
The fact in this issue is that the guy will go scot-free. Now, these 144 corp members will soon disperse to their various abode after tomorrow. The pressure on him to release the money will lessen.
NYSC on their part has no hand in this, as I believe the politicians that gave him the money did not go through NYSC.
If the pressure gets high from a particular corp member, among the 144, he MIGHT settle that one.
Legally speaking, NYSC has no right to withhold his certificate if he judiciously completed his service.
The case will die off.... Just that the 144corp members involved will always say bad about him.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2014
Assuming he were to be igbo. Some ethnic bigoists would have given us a lecture on the" greediness of the igbos"...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC B 15 Mobilization: General Complaints And Enquiries / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat / Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.