Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) (49108 Views)

#ProjectClothe1000 By Nasarawa Corpers In Sdgs & FRSC CDS Group / Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Re: Corps Member Absconds With N2.3m Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Liability(m): 11:36am On Oct 15, 2014
fyneboi79:
He is a yoruba guy o! Same way Olumide stole our 100k in Benue batch B given to us by David mark in 2006 and got an extension. Y0ruba boys, committing since 652BC grin
with the extension did he still pay u guys?

I keep telling people, only few corpers are trust worthy. The rest na wayooo corpers them be. They can do worse than this guy.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2014
smiley
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Bimpe29: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by thebossman(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2014
Pitiful. Is it now that bad? The politicians are consciously and unconsciously breeding and encouraging the new set of corrupt politician for years to come.
Really pitiful.

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by teufelein(f): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2014
...as a matter of fact awusas, foolanis and yorobbers should keep the zoo nigeria while the biafrans go and form their own nation, indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by guass(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Corper Shun
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by computermouse(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2014
How much is the money - a theif would always be a theif its in his blood - it has started manifesting 4 years and then for just a plautry 2.4m - arrante nonsense

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by kobijacs(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2014
badt sharp guy....but the law of karma go catch up wit am
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by fyneboi79(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2014
Liability:
with the extension did he still pay u guys?

I keep telling people, only few corpers are trust worthy. The rest na wayooo corpers them be. They can do worse than this guy.
At least I am sure he would refund half d amount to the Z.I before he collects discharge cert.
I'm telling you ehh,only few people can handle money and not be moved.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Atk1nson(m): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
Why is d political party not mentioned? why did the party give such sum to corpers? what were they expecting in return? It is d message sender that should be investigated.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by cyberguy72(m): 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
A Youth Corper by name Abayomi Isaac Oyebukola is being accused of absconding with about N2.3m given to him
to share among 144 corps members in Osun State.

He is a Batch ‘C’ corps member, serving in Iwo LGA of Osun state with NYSC state code no is OS/13C/1402. He is
the Corper Liaison Officer (CLO) as chosen by the NYSC Local Government Inspector (LGI). Abayomi is a graduate
of the department of English from the University of Ibadan.
He has since been ‘at large’ with $14,400 given to him on the 9th of August 2014 by political parties that
participated in the Osun state gubernatorial election as a largesse to the 144 corps members of the local
government that participated in the election which amounts to $100 per person.
Abayomi was seen by some of his friends in Ibadan with claims from them that he has bought a car and said he
will collect his NYSC discharge certificate through the back door.
The NYSC officials reportedly do not want it to be brought to light but the aggrieved corp members are scared he
may end up getting his discharge certificate and later on become a political figure and in time steal from
Nigerians.

source
http://corpr./2014/10/13/corp-member-allegedly-absconds-with-n2-3m-meant-for-144-corpers-in-osun/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

http://dailypost.ng/2014/10/14/nysc-corps-member-steals-n2-1m-meant-144-corpers-osun/
This is really the height of poverty and a reflection of the social economic situation in nija.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by recentelder(m): 12:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ehmm, my fear abt naija is not abt now but our future. If d hope of tomrow can be found in dis mess then I forsee danger. Our problem is not corruption but personal indiscipline
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
AreaFada2:

Well many younger generation got into university, got good grades at university & got jobs through bribery. Paid for by their parents/guardian/uncle/aunty(older generation).

The older generation showed them that with money to bribe and connections, you can get anything. Hard work and honesty is for the poor & the "unconnected".

It's not in the blood/nature, it's nurture/environment.

Quite agree with you , you'll also notice corruption is becoming the norm these days. Go to any government office at any level and you'll be required to pay some amount for whatever you want to do. It doesn't leave the private sector out , our children will grow up to think it's absolutely okay to collect bribe ( what do we expect when the number citizen thinks stealing is ordinary ).

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Bonbolos(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
For dis guy to say he will get his NYSC certificate frm d back door, he must hav already arrange it wit some top NYSC officials b4 abscondin wit such amount of money which dey will get their shares. D local inspector(LGI) is in d position not to clear him b4 finally free to b issued d discharge cert. For d corps member to make such statement, d LGI is involved in dis deal. All concern shuld follow dis up seriously and he will neva get to passed out and dat attract a severe sanction
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by just2simple: 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Its obvious 4rm ths and other dubious acts that yoruba loves money than Ibos/any other tribe. P: grin shocked
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by billyG(m): 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
If na bigman pikin now,will dey paste his biodata(dey will say name withheld)By d way what iz d name of d political parties that bribe them 2 help them rig election.what is d conxn of nysc with pol.parties if not 4 rigging.he has no case 2 answer until d pol.party is named also or it never happen.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by vikyno(m): 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
dokunbam:
grin
Omo aye

Sharp boi

hmmm. sharp on top how much? I guess you are a member of his club (NFA).
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by lawrenceunaa: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thief don buy car already undecided
U see stolen cash is useless embarassed
Just for merry--ashawo and beer lipsrsealed

No investment -- No dividend grin

Keep squandering undecided

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by bonna4u(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
This was why I and my friends beat up a follow corp member at burutu-Delta State in 2011.
Curses don't work in these situations. Look for the guy, take him back to Osun and collect your money.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Because he is the CLO.. If you have served, you would know what that office means and the powers it carries
i do understand very well what it means,it has always being my argument this not the first time this happening my question still remains why should a copper be entrusted with such huge money belonging to people,if you understand a federal institution then you'll see my point.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
NYSC has the legal right to withhold his certificate because what he did happened during his service and by also using his NYSC membership as a cover up to perpetuate the act.

[/quote]
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Mkpotu(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yorubas thiefing and stealing from Nigeria & Nigerians since 1960......
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
Cmanforall:
The fact in this issue is that the guy will go scot-free. Now, these 144 corp members will soon disperse to their various abode after tomorrow. The pressure on him to release the money will lessen.
NYSC on their part has no hand in this, as I believe the politicians that gave him the money did not go through NYSC.
If the pressure gets high from a particular corp member, among the 144, he MIGHT settle that one.
Legally speaking, NYSC has no right to withhold his certificate if he judiciously completed his service.
The case will die off.... Just that the 144corp members involved will always say bad about him.

NYSC has the legal right to withhold his certificate because what he did happened during his service and by also using his NYSC membership as a cover up to perpetuate the act.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by zubby29(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
guy dis ur video funny.u call dat money small money.its like u no dey dis nigeria.i dnt support his action bt if datguy use dat money well,he will nevr hav to look for a job
MadCow1:
[size=17pt]Oyebukola Abayomi... [/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1781429_2014101322582082700836_jpegf5ef97efefd507f144bdb76e99c8912c

The hussle is still as real as it ever was..

The saddest parrt of this story for me is that this Nigga, A fresh Graduate, who should have a lot of hope for a bright future, just gambled his entire future for less than 2.5 Million Naira.. grin Not even up the the value of a Second Hand Range Rover Sports Supercharged..

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by mbulela: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
priscaoge:

Some of our corrupt Leaders started this way undecided undecided undecided
Ibori must be his hero.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by zubby29(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
i dnt in anyway support him,but wit dat amt money my dear,wise investment will transform him in d near2/3 yrs.please dnt call dat money small excpt if u can borrow me
Elxandre:
That dude is sick.
Just 2.5million? You want to risk your life for peanut.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by zubby29(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
tribalistic donkey
dinksymaine:
Smh.....typical yoruba man.Always acting without thinking about the repercussions.
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by priscaoge(f): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
mbulela:

Ibori must be his hero.

I no call name oo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by zubby29(m): 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
abeg u get dat amt for ur bank acnt? plz borrow me
Adeyinka123:
This is the spiral effect of POVERTY. What is 2.3 million naira for GOD's sake?
Re: Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) by MadCow1: 1:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
fruqsy:

i do understand very well what it means,it has always being my argument this not the first time this happening my question still remains why should a copper be entrusted with such huge money belonging to people,if you understand a federal institution then you'll see my point.

Explain your 'Federal Institution' point please..

CLO = Corper Laison Officer.. His/Her role is basically a 'go-between' or 'middle man' between anybody (government & private) and the corps members and vice-versa.

Why would they give the CLO such an amount?! Maybe because of the office he occupies..

Also.. Note that the money was a largess from the political parties and not an official entitlement (as in an entitlement like a salary)..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC B 15 Mobilization: General Complaints And Enquiries / A Northerner Advises Corpers Posted To South Not To Eat Meat / Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.