Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. (2126 Views)

Buhari To Pro-biafra Agitators: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable / Biafra Day Celebration And Its Implications To Nigeria's Unity / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by WIZGUY69(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2014
********-[ FORMER head of state, General Yakubu
Gowon, on Tuesday, urged Nigerians to
continue to work for the unity and
progress of the country, saying that
Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable.
To this end, the former head of state said
Nigeria remained a nation and asked
those who felt that the country is not a
nation to look for another nation of their
own.
This is coming just as the Delta State
governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan, stole
the show in Abuja, when it was his turn
to receive Leadership Governor of the Year
award, for his vision and development of
his home state and Nigeria at large.
Uduaghan, who paraded majority of well
wishers at the award ceremony,
dedicated his award to God and the hard
working Delta people.
“I thank God once more for this award
which I am dedicating to every hard-
working Deltan.
“Whatever we have set up to achieve
today can only be achieved if we all, as
Deltans, put up a right attitude and the
right frame of mind to achieve our goal,
which is Delta Beyond Oil.”
The former head of state, in his short
speech, said “let us not doubt that
Nigeria is a nation, whenever I hear that,
it really makes me feel sad and I would
say to such people that if Nigeria is not a
nation, get out of it and go and choose a
nation or live in a nation of your own.”
He tasked citizens of the country, saying
“you can do your best, some will accept it,
some will reject it, but let us love our
country, let us accept our country as a
nation and put things right.”

SOURCE : www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/18705-nigeria-s-unity-not-negotiable-gowon
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2014
Everybody love nigeria. No doubt. I like myself first then my family, associates, village, LGA ,state, region then country in that order!!
But Gowon this is not 1966 when your gang killed Gen Ironsi and from then blood has never cease flowing in the North.
Nigeria unity today is very much negotiable. This madness of blood letting can't continue forever.
#Dealwithit
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by kettykin: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nigeria's Unity is not negotiable , yet some people handed over an oil rich peninsular to Cameroon without a gunshot elsewhere India and Pakistan are still at daggers drawn of the the Kashmir Region that has no drop of oil.

China ,Taiwan and Japan are still flexing muscles over the Senkaku Islands with each country building up military arsenal over an island that has no human being and its oil reserve is not proven .

But Nigeria's hypocritical soldiers of fortune willfully signed off an oil rich island to its smaller neighbor with out as much as a knockout , banger or grenade only to go about on the pages of Newspapers trying to defend the sign off and vow to defend the unity of the country with their hypocritical blood.

Gowon should at least spare his people in Jos this level of blatant hypocrisy , if you can waste the whole of your blood for the defense of the unity of the country at least spare a drop of sweat for the defense of your people in Plateau who are daily ravaged and inveded by fulani herdsmen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by IGBOSON1: 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
kettykin:
Nigeria's Unity is not negotiable , yet some people handed over an oil rich peninsular to Cameroon without a gunshot elsewhere India and Pakistan are still at daggers drawn of the the Kashmir Region that has no drop of oil.

China ,Taiwan and Japan are still flexing muscles over the Senkaku Islands with each country building up military arsenal over an island that has no human being and its oil reserve is not proven .

But Nigeria's hypocritical soldiers of fortune willfully signed off an oil rich island to its smaller neighbor with out as much as a knockout , banger or grenade only to go about on the pages of Newspapers trying to defend the sign off and vow to defend the unity of the country with their hypocritical blood.

Gowon should at least spare his people in Jos this level of blatant hypocrisy , if you can waste the whole of your blood for the defense of the unity of the country at least spare a drop of sweat for the defense of your people in Plateau who are daily ravaged and inveded by fulani herdsmen

^^^Word!
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
He can go and
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Orunto: 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thanks Gen. Go On With One Nigeria. Please help GEJ to stop the foreign invasion of Nigeria. God bless U Sir. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by 9jii(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
kettykin:

One Nigeria
If you disagree remain in your village and abstain from anything Nigerian e.g naira,nairaland, Abuja...
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by IGBOSON1: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
9jii:

One Nigeria
If you disagree remain in your village and abstain from anything Nigerian e.g naira,nairaland, Abuja...

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking.....and what are your thoughts on the Biafran war and events leading up to it? Do you subscribe to the UN article on indigenous people having the right to determine their own nationality?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Jlow2: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
kettykin:

GOD BLESS U AND MAY UR DAYS BE LONG....
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Explicit01: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
WIZGUY69:
own.
working Delta people.
working Deltan.

SOURCE : www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/18705-nigeria-s-unity-not-negotiable-gowon
OP himself is a notorious agent of disunity.
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Jlow2: 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
9jii:

One Nigeria
WAKE UP FROM UR SLUMBER, EVEN GENERAL BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE ONCE SAID, DEY FOUGHT FOR OIL AND NOT FOR NIGERIA'S UNITY..
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by 9jii(m): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
Jlow2:
WAKE UP FROM UR SLUMBER, EVEN GENERAL BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE ONCE SAID, DEY FOUGHT FOR OIL AND NOT FOR NIGERIA'S UNITY..
No,I like this slumbering
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Dereformer(m): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
WIZGUY69:
own.
working Delta people.
working Deltan.

Gowon, you will soon die and we will negotiate Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
of course, Nigeria is "one" bound by gun and soaked in blood!

O never knew that a man can grow old but still think like a kid!

Sorry, Gowon, I am not a Nigerian. I am Biafran!
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
Jlow2:

And so too, did ojukwu. Both sides used different propaganda for the war but the fact of the matter is basically, both sides wanted the minorities oil.

There has never been any UNITY in that blasted country right from the time the north and south were amalgamated, to independence day and there has never been any UNITY in the country since then and never shall there be. The damn country was predicated on a bedrock of suspicion, hated and distrust and "many rivers have passed under the bridge since" so the possibility of future unity among the various groups in the country is zilch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by vanbonattel: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

And so too, did ojukwu. Both sides used different propaganda for the war but the fact of the matter is basically, both sides wanted the minorities oil.

There has never been any UNITY in that blasted country right from the time the north and south were amalgamated, to independence day and there has never been any UNITY in the country since then and never shall there be. The damn country was predicated on a bedrock of suspicion, hated and distrust and "many rivers have passed under the bridge since" so the possibility of future unity among the various groups in the country is zilch.

your words are laughing at you, mumu wey im papa fight biafran war to keep unituy still saying no hope of unity, which means your fathers fought a stupid cause grin
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 5:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
vanbonattel:

your words are laughing at you, mumu wey im papa fight biafran war to keep unituy still saying no hope of unity, which means your fathers fought a stupid cause grin

We fought to keep your greedy covetous fathers off our land.Meanwhile, your garrulous sissy leader 419ed you lot into fighting for his personal ambition, sacrificed 3million souls in the process then abandoned you lot to your fate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by BlackTechnology: 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
He can show us that unity by relocating to the far North eg Maiduguri
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by vanbonattel: 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

We fought to keep your greedy covetous fathers off our land.Meanwhile, your garrulous sissy leader 419ed you lot into fighting for his personal ambition, sacrificed 3million souls in the process then abandoned you lot to your fate.

off your land, which land? una get land, bunch of floating almajirins who were civilized by the binis, living on a no mans land, the war is won and lost and guess who is still crying over their victory medal? your fathers, afenifere, opc, odua peoples assembly, everyone crying for the injustice of your colaborators. we go borrow you hanky, just cry on grin
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by vanbonattel: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
BlackTechnology:
He can show us that unity by relocating to the far North eg Maiduguri

yes, his bloodied relatives from plateu are still dying from the daggers of the fulanis and he is talking arrant nonsense cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
vanbonattel:

off your land, which land? una get land, bunch of floating almajirins who were civilized by the binis, living on a no mans land, the war is won and lost and guess who is still crying over their victory medal? your fathers, afenifere, opc, odua peoples assembly, everyone crying for the injustice of your colaborators. we go borrow you hanky, just cry on grin

Which land, ke? I guess Ore is in alaibo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by BlackTechnology: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

Yes you fought to keep the Igbos off your land so that, Hausa Fulani people can take over your oil wells to becoming the highest owners of oil wells in ND

Una mumu too much

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by valmunich(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
A man in USA sees dog attacking a girl! he kicks the dog, it dies!, Newspapers headlines Report. LOCAL HERO SAVES A GIRL FROM DOG. The man says i'm not USA. Report changed. FOREIGN HERO SAVES GIRL FROM DOG. The man says, Actually i'm Nigerian. BREAKING NEWS. "Terrorist kills innocent Dog which was playing with a girl...... sad angry angry
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Yes you fought to keep the Igbos off your land so that, Hausa Fulani people can take over your oil wells to becoming the highest owners of oil wells in ND

Una mumu too much

why he dey pain you? Na our land and we do wtf we like with it. Or you wish we had let you greedy folks take over our land? Oh well, sorry but its IMPOSSICANT!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by vanbonattel: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

Which land, ke? I guess Ore is in alaibo.

who led the invasion of ore, a certain mumu called banjo who was running away as a coward to hide in yourbaland, of course he was caught and shot for disobeying the ikemba. we had nothing to do with the betrayal of banjo grin
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by vanbonattel: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

why he dey pain you? Na our land and we do wtf we like with it. Or you wish we had let you greedy folks take over our land? Oh well, sorry but its IMPOSSICANT!

which land sef, banjo was just running away from battle, thats the only fcts
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by BlackTechnology: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

If it did not hurt you guys, MEND won't have come into existence

Its laughable that the yorubas you guys joined some of the yorubas are now GEJ's greatest critics/enemies
Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
vanbonattel:

who led the invasion of ore, a certain mumu called banjo who was running away as a coward to hide in yourbaland, of course he was caught and shot for disobeying the ikemba. we had nothing to do with the betrayal of banjo grin

Yeah, Banjo led the invasion ahead of ojukwu's BLF. The mofo thought we will fall for his"Trojan horse" unfortunately for the dumb student of history, we yorubas have learnt our lesson from the Afonja debacle. we ain't about to fall for the same trick, twice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by Ojiofor: 5:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

Sir T8ksy well done oh.sanu de aiki.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by kettykin: 5:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
T8ksy:

If both sides wanted the minority oil how come one side kept fighting even after the Minorities where liberated and free from Biafra, but for the benefit of doubt you can search and read an interview where Gowon provided an Answer to this question , If oil was the problem of Nigeria then Nigeria has no real problem but if the problem of Nigeria is tribal insecurity , tribal inferiority complex, incapacitation then we really do have a problem , most of people shouting that the war was fought for the Minority oil end up not being able to defend why an oil Island rich peninsular was given away to a less powerful and docile neighbor and why has the same country fighting for the Minority oil not been able to use the last drop of their blood to defend Bakassi and its oil from cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
vanbonattel:

which land sef, banjo was just running away from battle, thats the only fcts

Like your garrulous warlord who never went to battle before legging it like a thief in the middle of the night, dressed like a ugly bearded tranny.That too, is a FACT.

Banjo knew ojukwu will kill him yet he still went back to enugu to face the music.......like a real soldier is supposed to do unlike your eze gburugburu who after gambling with 3million innocent but gullible ibos, fled to abidjan to slam prostitutes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon. by T8ksy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
kettykin:

[b]If both sides wanted the minority oil how come one side kept fighting even after the Minorities where liberated and free from Biafra, [/b]but for the benefit of doubt you can search and read an interview where Gowon provided an Answer to this question , If oil was the problem of Nigeria then Nigeria has no real problem but if the problem of Nigeria is tribal insecurity , tribal inferiority complex, incapacitation then we really do have a problem , most of people shouting that the war was fought for the Minority oil end up not being able to defend why an oil Island rich peninsular was given away to a less powerful and docile neighbor and why has the same country fighting for the Minority oil not been able to use the last drop of their blood to defend Bakassi and its oil from cameroon.

I don't need to read any article, jo as it's obvious that you mischevious ibos needed to be taught a lesson.

You guys were totally vanquished. deal with it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / APC Leading In Lagos / PHOTO Of DSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.