Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate (8325 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / Buhari Winning Kano As More Results Emerge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Francis5: 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

But the election is NOT just about YOU though, why can't you get that into your head? As you can see, majority of the commenters on here are not in support of your idea as can be seen from the number of likes to the opposing opinion so give it a rest, will you?

Neither is it about you nor Olumide. Each one here is airing their respective opinions, or do you want to shut me up like Buhari did journalists in the past? BTW, I consider those ''likes'' insignificant when making my contributions, okay?
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Francis5: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
0lumide:

And now, Fashola is in the equation !! Go and ask Tunde Bakare who he will vote for Buhari/Fashola or GEJ/Sambo even the PASTOR will pick the muslim/Muslim ticket. If you get me since page one, you will understand that I don't care about religion !!

Well, unlike you, I care about religion. Is that a problem for you?

I have just checked on your history and is it is clear you have no love lost for pastors and Christians. Like I said earlier, please use your tongue to count your teeth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Francis5:

On the strength of a Muslim/Christian ticket I could support him, depending on who the VP is. For me a Muslim/Muslim ticket will not fly, not after Boko Haram and all the killings of innocent Christians in the North.

FYI, GEJ is not my candidate. I am not even voting because unlike you, I do not live in Nigeria. But I have folks inNigeria I can influence on how to vote.

You do not live in Nigeria yet you choose to disbelieve newspapers in the West that continually question why---- if Boko Haram is really fighting to have Sharia entrenched all over Nigeria--- are an overwhelming majority of their victims Muslims? You chose to ignore this same question being posed by the U.S Ambassador to Nigeria in a interview last week. Yet, you chose to believe, for whatever reason, that your obvious hate and bias will somehow influence the results of the election unless the whims and caprices of a man who doesn't even have a dog in the fight---because you admittedly won't be voting--- are fully satisfied.

You're a joker.
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Francis5: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

You do not live in Nigeria yet you choose to disbelieve newspapers in the West that continually question why---- if Boko Haram is really fighting to have Sharia entrenched all over Nigeria--- are an overwhelming majority of their victims Muslims? You chose to ignore this same question being posed by the U.S Ambassador to Nigeria in a interview last week. Yet, you chose to believe, for whatever reason, that your obvious hate and bias will somehow influence the results of the election unless the whims and caprices of a man who doesn't even have a dog in the fight---because you admittedly won't be voting--- are fully satisfied.

You're a joker.

Yeah! Because the West is your all-knowing master. Buddy, I am not an arse-licker.
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Desric(m): 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
mikeansy:
I will question Fashola's judgement if he accepts to run with Buhari

The best thing for Fashola is go to senate in 2015 but cris-cross the length and breadth of naija campaigning for APC candidates including Buhari if he is nominated as the candidate.

APC will not defeat Jonathan, they are not prepared! Fashola can then lead the opposition day by day or policy by policy from the Senate!

When 2019 comes Fashola should then run for President!

I don't know whether any incumbent President has lost election in Africa before. Even in Ghana or Kenya where I think power has changed parties. The ruling parties have not lost with an incumbent President running for election.This is the harsh reality and this reality is not necessarily due to rigging. It just so happens that every incumbent leader has a bigger microphone!
A day begins a story bro, as they say in football " history does not play football". Sudan has never beaten Nigeria in a football match since over 40yrs but they did last Saturday so you can see that the only permanent thing under planet earth is CHANGE and that's what the APC stands for.
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
Desric:
A day begins a story bro, as they say in football " history does not play football". Sudan has never beaten Nigeria in a football match since over 40yrs but they did last Saturday so you can see that the only permanent thing under planet earth is CHANGE and that's what the APC stands for.

APC stands for CHANge!

Why does that sound like a really funny joke? Whe 72 yr old Buhari who was former dictator and coupist is involved then you can see what that's a really funny joke!
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by oduastates: 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Personally I will take
Donald Duke
Amaechi
Pat uttomi

Fashola is wasted being saddled with V.P post.
Better for him to have be in charge of national planning.
With his men like the hands -on commissioner of budgeting Ben Nwabueze who I believe should displace the know nothing, ideal, national priorities like electricity,critical infrastructure like the Niger bridge will become priorities.
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Quelme: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
mikeansy:
I will question Fashola's judgement if he accepts to run with Buhari

The best thing for Fashola is go to senate in 2015 but cris-cross the length and breadth of naija campaigning for APC candidates including Buhari if he is nominated as the candidate.

APC will not defeat Jonathan, they are not prepared! Fashola can then lead the opposition day by day or policy by policy from the Senate!

When 2019 comes Fashola should then run for President!

I don't know whether any incumbent President has lost election in Africa before. Even in Ghana or Kenya where I think power has changed parties. The ruling parties have not lost with an incumbent President running for election.This is the harsh reality and this reality is not necessarily due to rigging. It just so happens that every incumbent leader has a bigger microphone!
in Senegal Macky Sall defeated the incumbent Abdoulaye Wade who was gunning for a third term. And also Alassane Quattara defeated Laurent Gbagbo in the last Ivorian poll. It is possible here, but if only we can put aside tribalistic and religious sentiment.
Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Desric(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
mikeansy:

APC stands for CHANge!

Why does that sound like a really funny joke? Whe 72 yr old Buhari who was former dictator and coupist is involved then you can see what that's a really funny joke!
So now his age is the bone of contention? Anyway, I'm not a fan of his age also but at the cross road we find ourselves right now as a Nation demands for a pragmatic disciplined mind like GMB and this is a fact that is inarguable. For being a coupist, the last time I checked, no competent court of law, tribunal or panel of enquiry has convicted him for such crimes so far as enshrined in our constitution to prevent him from contesting as is the case of a young PDP Governor elect Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Desric(m): 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
oduastates:
Personally I will take
Donald Duke
Amaechi
Pat uttomi

Fashola is wasted being saddled with V.P post.
Better for him to have be in charge of national planning.
With his men like the hands -on commissioner of budgeting Ben Nwabueze who I believe should displace the know nothing, ideal, national priorities like electricity,critical infrastructure like the Niger bridge will become priorities.
First thing first dear with all due respect, APC get to win the election first before appointments, so picking someone from an almost insolvent region as far as vote is concerned is like putting the horse before the cart and that will do more harm than good to the APC and to Nigerians in general, therefore the first thing is to explore every strategy possible to wrest power from the PDP come 2015 before talking of any other thing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Francis5:

I am not stocking religious bigotry. I am stating the political reality that Nigeria has entrenched religious and ethnic divides. Try as hard as you can to embellish that fact because you suddenly want a Muslim/Muslim president, it will not fly.

And, I am not claiming to be better than you; only stating the fact that you would vote in Nigeria while I would not, based on our different geographical locations. You should learn to understand English the ''English'' and ''American'' ways, and not read ''African'' meanings into otherwise explicit statements. AKA call a spade a spade and not a hoe.

Ehn heennn so you are in obodo Amelika? chai money good oo.. enjoi ya sailf !!

Oh did you say something about politics and Nigeria? and religion? oh wait a minute. On one hand you want a continuation of the religious politics on the other, you talks as if you don't favour it? I don't get you on that note.

Oh and we can go all day about understanding English the "American way" lmao !!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Winning Chances Will Fall If He Doesn't Pick Fashola As Running Mate by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Francis5:

Well, unlike you, I care about religion. Is that a problem for you?

I have just checked on your history and is it is clear you have no love lost for pastors and Christians. Like I said earlier, please use your tongue to count your teeth.

Do I have to love Christians or Muslims? lmao !!! You have issues brah.. Your bigotry can still be redeemed if you just let go your sentiments.

You do not like Buhari it is clear !!!!! Don't vote for him and if you can't vote, let people decide who to vote for without your kind of bias !!... What you have is religious bigotry. there is no way you can package that shit brah..

And yeah... I do not like pastors because they fly in jets, live in mansions and wear millions of naira suits even though the Bible warned against wordly things !!! I choose to support a man who had every chance in the world to enrich himself but he didn't but played the servant of God sent to man with out fianances. My guy, your God doesn't like your ignorance !!!!!! Yes Jehovah also detests ignorance in the name of love for him or her whoever Jehovah or your God is !!! Ignorance is an abomination !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation / Voted For Buhari, But Regretting It Now? Fall In / Senatorial Road Project: Bayelsa Woos Shell, Agip, Aiteo With Tax Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.