Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,775 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation (8324 Views)

Wanted Officers Of Nigeria Custom Submits Self For Investigation / Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Distances Self, Calls For Calm / Lawmakers Break Their Fast At Femi Gbajabiamila House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 20, 2016
THE Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila (APC, Lagos) has offered himself for investigation by security and anti-corruption agencies over alleged padding of the 2016 budget.

Former Chair of Appropriation Committee, Abdulmumin Jibrin (APC, Kano) had alleged Speaker Yakubu Dogara, Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun, Whip Alhassan Doguwa and Minority Leader Leo Ogor of illegally padding the budget with about N40b. Jibrin also accused nine Committee Chairmen of inserting 2000 fictitious projects amounting to N284b into the budget. Gbajabiamila, in a statement yesterday however noted that though his name was not mentioned by Jibrin of padding the budget since the controversy began, there was a need for him to clear his name.

The Majority Leader, who contested the Speakership position with Dogara also affirmed the innocence of the entire body of Principal officers of the House on the budget padding scandal. He said: “I returned from the United States just yesterday after a three week break I called the Speaker a day before my return to urgently fix a Principal Officers meeting so we could address the several allegations made by Hon Jibrin.

“At the meeting Speaker Dogara, Deputy Speaker Lasun , Chief Whip, Hon Ado Dogwa and Minority Leader, Hon Leo Ogor passionately and vigorously clearly stated their innocence. “A prepared text was read and we all agreed to sign. For me as the Leader of the House I felt it was important to give them the benefit of doubt which in any case is what our constitution says.

“The decision to relieve Hon Jibrin was indeed a collective decision of which I was a part of. “However I gave a caveat before the press release was signed, I made it clear to my colleagues in the leadership that because somehow my name had been sullied in all of this and fake documents and publications had been put out there in traditional and social media which stated I was also involved in the so called padding of the budget, that I would need to clear my name and that even though no petition was filed against me by Hon Jibrin and no invitation was extended to me by the police, I would be submitting myself on my own volition to the police for investigation.

“This is important to me as insinuations have been made from many quarters that I along with others were sponsoring Hon Jibrin. I have just this afternoon met with the police authorities for a proper and thorough investigation of my role if any in this whole bizzare episode.

http://thenationonlineng.net/budget-padding-gbajabiamila-offers-self-investigation-2/

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by stsinner: 2:02am On Aug 20, 2016
we are watching
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Dominionhost(m): 2:15am On Aug 20, 2016
That's Ok
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 20, 2016
hmmn
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 20, 2016
L kiss
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Goldenheart(m): 8:39am On Aug 20, 2016
After he don tie loose ends

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Histrings08(m): 8:40am On Aug 20, 2016
Let's see how dis script plays out
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by sammyj: 8:42am On Aug 20, 2016
This is better and humble compared to the speaker who seems to think he is above the law!! cheesy

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Jediel1(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Offer urself u hear, as a living sacrifice grin cheesy. Make we dey watch dis budget padding film. Abeg make person hlp me with popcorn grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by sleemfesh: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2016
sanky346:
THE Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila (APC, Lagos) has offered himself for investigation by security and anti-corruption agencies over alleged padding of the 2016 budget.

Former Chair of Appropriation Committee, Abdulmumin Jibrin (APC, Kano) had alleged Speaker Yakubu Dogara, Deputy Speaker Yusuf Lasun, Whip Alhassan Doguwa and Minority Leader Leo Ogor of illegally padding the budget with about N40b. Jibrin also accused nine Committee Chairmen of inserting 2000 fictitious projects amounting to N284b into the budget. Gbajabiamila, in a statement yesterday however noted that though his name was not mentioned by Jibrin of padding the budget since the controversy began, there was a need for him to clear his name.

The Majority Leader, who contested the Speakership position with Dogara also affirmed the innocence of the entire body of Principal officers of the House on the budget padding scandal. He said: “I returned from the United States just yesterday after a three week break I called the Speaker a day before my return to urgently fix a Principal Officers meeting so we could address the several allegations made by Hon Jibrin.

“At the meeting Speaker Dogara, Deputy Speaker Lasun , Chief Whip, Hon Ado Dogwa and Minority Leader, Hon Leo Ogor passionately and vigorously clearly stated their innocence. “A prepared text was read and we all agreed to sign. For me as the Leader of the House I felt it was important to give them the benefit of doubt which in any case is what our constitution says.

“The decision to relieve Hon Jibrin was indeed a collective decision of which I was a part of. “However I gave a caveat before the press release was signed, I made it clear to my colleagues in the leadership that because somehow my name had been sullied in all of this and fake documents and publications had been put out there in traditional and social media which stated I was also involved in the so called padding of the budget, that I would need to clear my name and that even though no petition was filed against me by Hon Jibrin and no invitation was extended to me by the police, I would be submitting myself on my own volition to the police for investigation.

“This is important to me as insinuations have been made from many quarters that I along with others were sponsoring Hon Jibrin. I have just this afternoon met with the police authorities for a proper and thorough investigation of my role if any in this whole bizzare episode.

http://thenationonlineng.net/budget-padding-gbajabiamila-offers-self-investigation-2/

Lies.
Busy body

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2016
I didn't read the post, but meanwhile.. lemme finish my song..

excerpt...
our leaders are padding..
pad, paddo, paddest..
I say pad, paddo, paddest ...

pad, paddo, paddest (4x)

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
A lawmaker is bragging that he absconded from duty and travelled to the United States of America.Rubbish.Even if you are part of the budget padding your name will be omitted by jagaban.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Chiedu08: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
naija is finished. only God can save this ghetto
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by fobiflex(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
I just love this man

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Category1: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Mehn the kind thunderlistic thunder wey go strike the rest of our poliidiots still dey gym for heaven

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Israelfx2(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2016
sleemfesh:

Lies. Busy body
but y waste all this space for seun?
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by snezBaba: 8:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Love Machine:
A lawmaker is bragging that he absconded from duty and travelled to the United States of America.Rubbish.Even if you are part of the budget padding your name will be omitted by jagaban.

sleemfesh:

Lies.
Busy body

Goldenheart:
After he don tie loose ends

Dogara does not accept invitation,you people wail
Jagaban boy has given himself up for investigation and you people still wail.Na wa o
I fear you people

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Canme4u(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Sai Gbaja
Love Machine:
Like seriously?
SMH for you.
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by nonjebose(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2016
Love Machine:
My guy, the house has been on recess.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by 989900: 8:54am On Aug 20, 2016
. . . and Dogogoro thinks he is above the law.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Spells(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2016
He should offer himself to those scientists who r looking for someone to taste zikah virus on first.
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Izonpikin: 8:54am On Aug 20, 2016
This reminds me of the subsidy probe bag then... grin

If I hear say gbaja no come out clean... grin

Clean government operated by angels who have never stolen before... tongue
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by bkool7(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2016
This is a welcome move.
But mind you, if you allow those alleged by Jubrin to have inserted senseless projects into the budget to use your name to punish Jubrin for spilling their beans, then you'll have dissapointed those of us from Surulere because so far the entire nigerians want to see this to a logical conclusion
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by lagdmark(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2016
Gbaja like village headmaster in that picture trying to play innocent. Liar Gbaja
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Rilikoko(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2016
This is a brilliant political strategy on the side of Hon Gbajabiamila,by submitting himself for investigation as one of the principal officers of house is an indictment on other officers that refuse to do same....it's getting more interesting

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by yeyeboi(m): 8:59am On Aug 20, 2016
All these politicians claiming innocent cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by tunderay(m): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2016
Love Machine:
Bros, how did he absconded from duty? The HOR is on break as far as I know.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by oruma19: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2016
This guy should have been the speaker! Extremely articulate and sound. Infact we nominate Gbajabiamila for speakership position, Dogara your time is up. angry grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 20, 2016
It will make sense if Dogora and co did the same. If there's nothing to hide,there's nothing to fear.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by double0seven(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Rilikoko:
This is a brilliant political strategy on the side of Hon Gbajabiamila,by submitting himself for investigation as one of the principal officers of house is an indictment on other officers that refuse to do same....it's getting more interesting

brilliant strategy indeed. He is playing ball with the other house leaders and at the same time covering his ass, trying to play ball without jeopardizing his reputation.

all I know is that he is not on the side of truth and the people.

if he's so sure that Jibrin is saying nonsense, why then remove yourself and and submit yourself for investigation. Why bother?

And if you must bother, why not recommend same for everyone involved? why for only yourself?

All he's interested in his clearing his name without being in the bad book of anyone
Re: Budget Padding: Gbajabiamila Offers Self For Investigation by wildchild1: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2016
hmmmmmmmm

2016/2017 Jerseys available, order now
https://www.nairaland.com/3204752/2016-2017-jerseys-available-affordable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa Poll: PVC Sold For N500, YIAGA Indicts Electorate In Pre-election Report / Senatorial Road Project: Bayelsa Woos Shell, Agip, Aiteo With Tax Holiday / Bola Tinubu's Health In Unfavourable Condition; Fails To Recognise Family In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.