Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP (12032 Views)

2015: Buhari Promises Igbo Youths One Million Jobs / 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash / PDP, ANPP, Slam Okorocha For Closing Schools, Markets For Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by shady26(m): 12:43am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

You don't get it. The SW is the deciding region because it is not religiously homogenic and it's citizens are not analy partisan unlike other regions. The only way you can guarantee at least a 50% vote from the SW is if you field a meritorious Yoruba man either as a presidential candidate or vice. While Yorubas might be slow to act to some, the always wait for the perfect moment to strike when the rod is hot. So do not for a second think the Yorubas have forgotten about the Achebe's insult or Peter Obi's claim that Lagos is a no man's land or the ohasneze calling APC the amala party. We never forget. Those incidences have sealed the Igbo fate in the west.

The west will not touch an ibo candidacy with the longest barge poll. Now tell me why Buhari will want to risk an assured success in the west for a near impossible victory in a region so clannish and vendetta driven? He would be shooting himself in the foot. The only way out for Buhari is to admit defeat in the east and work hard at getting overwhelming support from the west. Whatever he does, the SE will not vote for him. If the Souteast can refuse to vote it's greatest son ojukwu into presidency, it sure will not turn a stone for a northerner, worst still, a Muslim.
i will tell yoi what most southwesternerS will do if GMB/ORO ticket flies, they will stay home and sulk ( which am also planning to do irrespective of who appears on that ticket). now if they all boycott they presidential election because of unfavorable candidates both in APC and PDP what becomes the outcome? vote in the east and north still counts and APC still wins as PDP will just be contending with a divided SE vote.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by agabusta: 4:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Chiwude:
Your permutations are not far from the truth honestly. But, APC can turn the tide around only if they drop sentiments when presenting their Presidential/VP candidates for the election. It is no longer a secret that the north-west vote will be sliced 70/30 in favour of Buhari. While 60/40 in the North/East and 65/35 in the North-Central favouring PDP respectively. Coming down South, one should expect a 60/40 votes for APC in the South/West (even if a Yoruba candidate is fielded) the reasons are obvious. While in the South/South a collossal 98/2 votes in favour of PDP.
Now, this is the part I think GEJ would definitely want to leverage on - the South/East vote. You will recall that the major reason GEJ floored Buhari in the 2011 election was to a large extent the overwhelming block vote he got from Ndigbo nation-wide. The South-East vote as it stands will be the determinant factor to who becomes President come 2015. If Buhari plays his card well by picking an influential Igbo VP, then it would be most certain that he would be sworn in as President next year. There is no two ways about it. Within 48hrs Ndigbo seeing their son in a campaign poster for either President or VP would surely reconsider where their interest lies. A vigorous campaign in the S/East by the suppose Igbo VP and the APC entourage will do the magic swinging the votes in Buhari's favour and dismantling GEJ believed strong-hold. Opinions that would mould the voting pattern of Ndigbo would be shaped to where lies its interest and the feasibility of an Igbo president in the years to come, unless GEJ decide not handing over to a northerner and secretly signs a pact to pick an Igbo man for President come 2019 - an idea I think he hasn't considered yet, due to the number of ass lickers with the tag 'Igbo Leaders' who have decided to selfishly sell their birthright for the spoils in government (Peter Obi inclusive).

Your analysis makes so much sense to me. I'm Yoruba, but I prefer a Buhari/Oshiomole or Rochas.

Why is nobody talking about Oshiomole? Oshiomole has massive supporters all over the country and he will be a very active VP to support a Buhari president.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by agabusta: 4:22am On Oct 17, 2014
castancassy2:
my reason why i think buhari or atiku should not run.
1)what did they achive during their time in office.
2) we ar told dat youlth ar leaders of tomorrow, wen ar we going to be leaders wen this old men dont want to go n rest.
3) buhari and co dont hav any agenda for nigeria. all they want is power since obasanjo ruled in military n civilian, dey also want the same.
4) if he tink he's better dan goodluck, let him tell us d good tins he schived wen he was in power.
wit dis view n many more, i will make sure d entire abia will vote him down. thanks

It is this kind of your political mentality that has made 'your Abia' not to see so much development in this democratic dispensation.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 4:27am On Oct 17, 2014
You are not going to get it anyway!

That's a beer parlor gist, it's not happening, so don't even put your hope on it!
Nonybb:
Shagari/Ekwueme scenerio about to repeat itself? So we Igbos must always play the second fiddle to this descendent of arabs?
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 4:32am On Oct 17, 2014
I think senate president is good enough for Amaechi and speaker of the house for Okorocha.
Caseless:
that's if ibo get to smell that vp seat anytime soon. Nothing for you guys.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 4:41am On Oct 17, 2014
I trust Tinubu, he will not eat soap and bathe with Ogiri!
500GP:
ANYTHING SHORT OF FASHOLA IS ZERO.

YORUBA WON'T VOTE FOR HAUSA/ IBO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.

I TRUST TINUBU
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by agabusta: 5:04am On Oct 17, 2014
bossmini84:
I am yourba and I am anti APC becos of buhari and there are many of us politics of the internet trolls is not the reality. I can tell you most christian yourbas would not vote a muslim muslim ticket. And most yourbas detest igbos making it more worse and let the delusional ppl continue telling themselves there is no politics of tribalism in nigeria. Not to talk about religion.

Most yorubas do not detest Igbos. Get that into your bigoted brain. It's only the bigoted Nairaland Igbos that was almost making that happen (albeit, to only Nairaland yorubas), but thank God for other liberal Igbos like berem, Obiagelli, NgeneUkwenu, whose standing stemmed the tide (apologies to others I didn't mention). May God bless all of u in Jesus name.

As your standing promotes peaceful coexistence and mutual respect, God will continually make peace available to u all.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 5:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Asoozy:

You don't get it. The SW is the deciding region because it is not religiously homogenic and it's citizens are not analy partisan unlike other regions. The only way you can guarantee at least a 50% vote from the SW is if you field a meritorious Yoruba man either as a presidential candidate or vice. While Yorubas might be slow to act to some, the always wait for the perfect moment to strike when the rod is hot. So do not for a second think the Yorubas have forgotten about the Achebe's insult or Peter Obi's claim that Lagos is a no man's land or the ohasneze calling APC the amala party. We never forget. Those incidences have sealed the Igbo fate in the west.

The west will not touch an ibo candidacy with the longest barge poll. Now tell me why Buhari will want to risk an assured success in the west for a near impossible victory in a region so clannish and vendetta driven? He would be shooting himself in the foot. The only way out for Buhari is to admit defeat in the east and work hard at getting overwhelming support from the west. Whatever he does, the SE will not vote for him. If the Souteast can refuse to vote it's greatest son ojukwu into presidency, it sure will not turn a stone for a northerner, worst still, a Muslim.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 6:04am On Oct 17, 2014
Political arm twisting session!!!

Pdp is seeing the writing on the wall and have dispatched brand new e-warriors to come and choose the VP for APC. They are here analysing profusely as if they care.

This is a test on how politically savvy Yoruba still are. We must not drop this ball oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 6:20am On Oct 17, 2014
And how do you know what most people will in SW??
shady26:
i will tell yoi what most southwesternerS will do if GMB/ORO ticket flies, they will stay home and sulk ( which am also planning to do irrespective of who appears on that ticket). now if they all boycott they presidential election because of unfavorable candidates both in APC and PDP what becomes the outcome? vote in the east and north still counts and APC still wins as PDP will just be contending with a divided SE vote.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by 100Cents: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2014
oduaboy1:
Any attempt to put an ibo man on that ticket amounts to gross political miscaculation.Even if you put jesus on that ticket,this people are still going to vote enmasse for Jonathan.

So Jesus is an Igbo man ?

No wonder 3 wise men from the East visited him.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by 100Cents: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2014
Gboliwe:
Rochas should enjoy this attention while it lasts. Its simply what it is "attention". It won't go beyond that.

A bird at hand is more than 15 in the bush. If he doesn't contest for 2 nd term in Imo state, he might lose political relevance for the next 5 years just like OUK who went to contest for Presidency instead of Senate..
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
shady26:
to acheive what? the west is already in APCs pocket since it is considered that the party belongs to them. the game here is to capture the SE from GEJ and PDP which will ensure APC wins the next Presidential elections. my question to you sir is, if GMB/ORO ticket flies would the south west concede to GEJ? form an alliance with SS? you know the answer. the best SW will do is wait for 2023 (Fashola/northern christian ticket)which is their best bet and a good move(south east will be again left behind and PDP ultimately destroyed. If APC wants to take PDP down they must be ready to make hard choices,deploy long term strategies and stay focused , detribalised and patient. they must also guve Nigerians what they are aching for at every possible chance which is good governance.
You hit the nail on the head. Gbam
For me I still see GMB as a better choice for Nigeria. Yet, he needs to still clarify some issues on ground - something he is currently doing - to give voters reasons to vote him.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 17, 2014
100Cents:

A bird at hand is more than 15 in the bush. If he doesn't contest for 2 nd term in Imo state, he might lose political relevance for the next 5 years just like OUK who went to contest for Presidency instead of Senate..
Which impotent political relevance! Has General Buhari lost relevance despite losing three straight Presidential elections? No. A wine can never lose its taste despite being abandoned for centuries. The legacies of good Men lives after them. 'My quote'

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 17, 2014
agabusta:

Your analysis makes so much sense to me. I'm Yoruba, but I prefer a Buhari/Oshiomole or Rochas.

Why is nobody talking about Oshiomole? Oshiomole has massive supporters all over the country and he will be a very active VP to support a Buhari president.
Oshiomole is from the South-South. GEJ has served their turn.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by saintikechi(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2014
Chiwude:
Quit tribalism man. Don't justapoxed every Igboman in the same box. Pleaaase. Afterall it is a fact that among the founding fathers of APC Igbo sons stand tall. The likes of Ogbonnaya Onu, Rochas Okorocha, Obi Ezekwesili, Chris Ngige, Senator Izunaso and Pat Utomi are no small boys in the party.

those u mentioned are political liabilities to any party, they cannot win any election for apc. Look at ngige, he lost woefully in anambara, look at rochas, he wasnt elected on the platform of apc, and his bound to lose the forthcoming elections. a political prostitute is nothing but a liability to any party he chooses to pitch his tent. These are not honorable ibo leaders. Ibos have already decided to vote enmass for GEJ
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2014
agabusta:

Most yorubas do not detest Igbos. Get that into your bigoted brain. It's only the bigoted Nairaland Igbos that was almost making that happen (albeit, to only Nairaland yorubas), but thank God for other liberal Igbos like berem, Obiagelli, NgeneUkwenu, whose standing stemmed the tide (apologies to others I didn't mention). May God bless all of u in Jesus name.

As your standing promotes peaceful coexistence and mutual respect, God will continually make peace available to u all.
My bro you don't wanna go there. Before you judge first scroll through Nairaland archives and you'll learn to be objective in your analysis. If any Igbo guy is a tribalist today in nairaland, then know that they learnt it from the masters 'Yorubas'. You mentioned some unbiased Igbos like Berem and co, but have we seen unbiased Yorubas. A food for thought you may ask. So please just let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2014
saintikechi:

those u mentioned are political liabilities to any party, they cannot win any election for apc. Look at ngige, he lost woefully in anambara, look at rochas, he wasnt elected on the platform of apc, and his bound to lose the forthcoming elections. a political prostitute is nothing but a liability to any party he chooses to pitch his tent. These are not honorable ibo leaders. Ibos have already decided to vote enmass for GEJ
Well it your opinion. Just your opinion.
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by agabusta: 11:20am On Oct 17, 2014
Chiwude:
My bro you don't wanna go there. Before you judge first scroll through Nairaland archives and you'll learn to be objective in your analysis. If any Igbo guy is a tribalist today in nairaland, then know that they learnt it from the masters 'Yorubas'. You mentioned some unbiased Igbos like Berem and co, but have we seen unbiased Yorubas. A food for thought you may ask. So please just let sleeping dogs lie.

Bros there are unbiased Yorubas of course. There are also some Yoruba guys on nairaland who support PDP with passion but do not engage in tribal bashings.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by agabusta: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Chiwude:
Oshiomole is from the South-South. GEJ has served their turn.

You are right, GEJ seem to be serving the turn of the SS guys. But majority of people over there does not seem to care if it is the turn of the SE to get VP.

As I earlier mentioned, I would like to see a Buhari/Rochas ticket. But with the way a lot of SE peeps are abusing and insulting him over his decision to pitch his tent with the APC, that will reduce his electoral value.

Also they didn't stop at that, they are also going about with the claims that he didn't deliver much in the state. Now that carries weight, because why people like me support the opposition is based on the believe that they will perform. And that is why I'm now kind of preferring a Buhari/Oshiomole ticket.

But all the same, I still dont mind a Buhari/Rochas. So far he can muster votes even if it is only from his state sef.

Majority of people in Edo state strongly believe that Oshiomole did well and will support him to the letter. And his support cuts across all the states of the federation. Infact, Oshiomole on the ticket, will also convince some undecided Yorubas, as they also love him in yorubaland based on his antecedent as a labour union leader (Yorubas like human right activists).

But majority of Igbos bash Rochas and try to portray him as incompetent. Some even went to the extent of calling him an Alhaji [Ngige was not spared as well. Ngige was even christened a Yoruba name, Tunde. lol].

But I still dont mind a Buhari/Rochas ticket. So far he can muster votes, even if it is only from his state sef.

And what majority of Igbos do not recognize is that if Buhari picks Rochas and wins the election. That is the shortest route to having an Igbo president. Buhari may do only one term, and by that time, if they both perform well, Rochas would have been in a better position to defeat other young contenders from other parts of the country for the Number 1 slot.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
This post alone has ousted you and put a dent in your credibility as a self-serving PDP paid agent and tribalist!

You are not going to re-write the history of what happened yesterday before my very eyes. I personally joined nairaland after years of just reading as a guest when I saw how you people bashed Yoruba daily, and Yoruba stood by watching as if you were rabid dogs. You know you ibos had your undisturbed reign as chief tribalists before Yoruba joined in. This is not 1945 or 1966!
Chiwude:
Re: 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP by whitecat1: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
Jonathan is from SS like him and the VP position is already taken. Oshiomole is going to senate or will be a minister! I see him as the minister of Labour!
agabusta:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Edoror Impeached As Edo Deputy Speaker, Justin Okonoboh Named Replacement / President Buhari Leaves For Saudi Arabia Today / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.