Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati (51471 Views)

Bola Tinubu Welcomes Buhari To Lagos (Photo) / Massive Crowd Welcomes Buhari At Airport (Photos) / 2015: PDP Welcomes Buhari, Urges Him To Engage In Issue- Based Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ebony2011(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
I think the council of states meeting should have been the best place to contribute his ideas.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by BraniacX(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
enigmaotr:

The buck still stops at the FG table who programmed the discos to fail. The discos are making money from inefficiency and do not need to perform better. Tell your government to create laws that'll protect its citizens from extortion from the Discos. The billing rates has doubled in less than a year, the maintenance fee is now N850 and N650 for metered and unmetered consumption respectively. What are they maintaining? As far as electricity distribution is concerned, most people still buy their transformers, erect poles and even do the servicing from their own pockets. All the discos do is bring bills. Nigerians don't get value for their money.

question is and i need the GOD honest truth here, has power supply improved in your area or not?

The buck stops at the presidency yes, are you not implying that the buck has been shoved away at council, local and state goverments, rep and senatorial levels of goverment and representation? Or are those levels inconsequential?

Is it the presidency that solely creates laws? Where is your district senator and representative both at state and fedral levels placed in this equation? Or maybe the presidency should just issue military style decrees right?

And also, were u promised cheaper power supply or better power supply? Just asking. Everything has a price you know, if you lived in the U.K for example and paid taxes for every creature comfort, u won't complain.

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
jking001:
Buhari and lies,he's a bitter old man on a revenge mission,only clueless nigerians would vote him .
Shame on you. you as clueless as gej
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by charles0922(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
size38:
PDP is telling lies here. Where is 4000 plus MW? I live in PHC along NTA road Road Mgbouba, everybody living here can attest to the fact that for over 3 months now we have not seen a flash of light how much having a 2 hours light for over 3 months
you need to relocate from that zone there is forces attached to it for not having electricity because there is big change in the country intern of steady current
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by glory2glory: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
PDP is obviously rattled by Buhari's declaration and support.
And all these PDP internet warriors ranting here, you have suddenly woken up from sleep . Where were you all yesterday. I guess money has been released. Your personal interest will not override Nigeria 's prosperity. Change must come 2015.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
"I felt heavily sorry for myself" - Buhari pays N27million to pick APC presidential form:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/10/i-felt-heavily-sorry-for-myself-buhari.html
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by sademola: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
kasiem:
olisa metuh has been the best publicity sec pdp has produced since inception, he's got the words and the message.

Lai or Liar Mohammed spurred him!
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
ratiken:

Did you just say $9.3M is about 150billion naira? You illiterate lots should stop spamming this forum. You all need to get an education first before coming online.

Would it make GEJ and his cohorts in the scandal less corrupt if the amount was in millions instead of billions? Common sense should have told you that that was a typo.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
martins0:
Looking forward to GEJ/Buhari's presidential debate.

GEJ ran away from debate last election, what makes u think he will wait for the humiliation this election? there must be an emergency meeting that day. trust me... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by glory2glory: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
nyabingi:

Yes we need Change but APC cant bring the desired chage and Buhari is not even the least of perfect alternative

How would you know if you don't try them. Let' give APC a chance, if they disappoint vote them out. That's the beauty of democracy. We can't keep doing same thing everytime without getting the desired results. F
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by drnoel: 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
martins0:
Looking forward to GEJ/Buhari's presidential debate.
Bros nothing to look forward to. Don't u see APC has started burying themselves. In their blind hate of GEJ, they produced a speech which was just the normal stereotype given in nigeria without research. They made a mockery of Buhari with that speech. I beat Buhari gave that speech even without knowing the contents and the meaning of what he was saying. Anyone in this country apart from those who out of sentiments want to suddenly develope short time memory loss know the points Buhari raised are just factual and not representative of what's on ground. Now tell us how that kind of person or group can lead Nigeria. Or do u people thing just making noise or raising figures is what ruling that country is all about? Nigerians be wise.

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by drnoel: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
glory2glory:

How would you know if you don't try them. Let' give APC a chance, if they disappoint vote them out. That's the beauty of democracy. We can't keep doing same thing everytime without getting the desired results. F
they can have their chance in 2019. Let GEJ complete what he started so another person doesn't come from the back to take credit for his labour.

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by drnoel: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
tumababa:

GEJ ran away from debate last election, what makes u think he will wait for the humiliation this election? there must be an emergency meeting that day. trust me... grin grin grin grin
U may be right but remember not all of us are orators.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by estherdennis(f): 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
Iamdagreatguy:
They don't need to welcome the person that will take over from GEJ to the race.
he will never win again in this country cos his first time was not close to good,unless free and fair election is not maintained.but if he gives me plenty money I might change my mind
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by nizzyong(m): 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hypocrisy is when you say that Buhari is too
old
at 70 and you keep calling Awolowo and Zik
your heros, whereas, Awo and Zik contested
for
Presidency in 1983 when they were both 74
and
77 respectively!
Hypocrisy is when you say the youths are
better
than the old....Whereas the youths were
responsible for the wars we had and are still
having in Nigeria. ..Ojukwu and Gowon in
1967.....Asari, Tompolo, Shekau in today's
Nigeria. Youth doesn't connote soundness of
mind and old doesn't mean you're senile. Gej
became Dep. Governor in his 40s, Obj first
presidency was in 40s, IBB ruled Nigeria in
his
40s......Look at NANS today, will you be
comfortable if GEJ handover to NANS
Executive?
There are good youths and good old
ones......Age doesn't take your brain away
neither is youthfulness a guarantee for
mental
fertility!
It is still this Buhari, yes that incorruptible
Governor. Yes, that Petroleum Minister who
constructed our refineries. ...that Head of state
that started War Against Indiscipline that has
been reduced to Environmental Sanitation
today...Yes that man that paid Nigeria's huge
debt but didn't borrow.....Yes it is still Buhari,
handsome man with pointed nose.....A chief of
army staff who went after the Chadian
invaders
and outran them, captured them and
recovered
all and put the fear of Nigeria in the minds of
all her neighbours ......Buhari the PTF Chairman
whose performance, no one has ever come
close to......A public officer with cleanest
record,
most outstanding performance.... ..Frank and
Bold, Tactical and Prudent. A renowned
enemy
of Corruption..... .Lover of Nigeria........ It is
still
this same Buhari that says 'Here I am Send
me'.....
An ideal man for 2015.
We need a change

2 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by qtx(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
guass:
More bloodshed 2015
in your family not in nigeria. bc Nigeria is not ur father's village so u have no right to prophesy doom about it.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by qtx(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
nizzyong:
Hypocrisy is when you say that Buhari is too
old
at 70 and you keep calling Awolowo and Zik
your heros, whereas, Awo and Zik contested
for
Presidency in 1983 when they were both 74
and
77 respectively!
Hypocrisy is when you say the youths are
better
than the old....Whereas the youths were
responsible for the wars we had and are still
having in Nigeria. ..Ojukwu and Gowon in
1967.....Asari, Tompolo, Shekau in today's
Nigeria. Youth doesn't connote soundness of
mind and old doesn't mean you're senile. Gej
became Dep. Governor in his 40s, Obj first
presidency was in 40s, IBB ruled Nigeria in
his
40s......Look at NANS today, will you be
comfortable if GEJ handover to NANS
Executive?
There are good youths and good old
ones......Age doesn't take your brain away
neither is youthfulness a guarantee for
mental
fertility!
It is still this Buhari, yes that incorruptible
Governor. Yes, that Petroleum Minister who
constructed our refineries. ...that Head of state
that started War Against Indiscipline that has
been reduced to Environmental Sanitation
today...Yes that man that paid Nigeria's huge
debt but didn't borrow.....Yes it is still Buhari,
handsome man with pointed nose.....A chief of
army staff who went after the Chadian
invaders
and outran them, captured them and
recovered
all and put the fear of Nigeria in the minds of
all her neighbours ......Buhari the PTF Chairman
whose performance, no one has ever come
close to......A public officer with cleanest
record,
most outstanding performance.... ..Frank and
Bold, Tactical and Prudent. A renowned
enemy
of Corruption..... .Lover of Nigeria........ It is
still
this same Buhari that says 'Here I am Send
me'.....
An ideal man for 2015.
We need a change
Yes we need a change but Buhari is not the best alternative. Get us a better alternative and we will vote him/her. Period.

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ratiken(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
Martins301:

Would it make GEJ and his cohorts in the scandal less corrupt if the amount was in millions instead of billions? Common sense should have told you that that was a typo.

Common sense should have also told you that it was no scandal. SA govt agreed due process was followed and agreed to return the fund...... so what is your head ache?
In your shallow mind, that is how funds are laundered and you havent caught any in 50yrs? If you lot werent blinded by bigotry and trying to score cheap political points, you should have seen its clearly a diplomatic row gone wrong.

You my friend need to go borrow common sense.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ratiken(m): 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
glory2glory:

that is not the beauty of Nigerian democracy. If not for GEJ, you can't assume you can vote out an incumbent that easy. You believe your vote can now count....... You cant be sure that will be the case when APC takes over. Their antecedents are obvious...... every election they lose was rigged.

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by rozayx5(m): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
iv4fb:

please stop spamming the forum, is it by force to vote?

i have reported him several times and the mods are yet to ban him
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by adepiero: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
BraniacX:

2 days on 1 day off, lucky chap, so what're u complaining about? Question u should be asking is Back in 1999 or 2009, was light more constant in your estate? Is it better or worse now compared to them, give us the GOD honest answer then we can analyse from there. In my area in lagos, there wasn't even a transfomer back in 1999 so 12 hours of light per day today is a vast improvement.
back then we had a transformer as well and we never for once shared light until last year! improvement should be spontaneous and not niggardly
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by BraniacX(m): 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
bnovative:

calling him a toddler doesn't suggest u are mature, present verifiable facts to show what ur hero buhari achieved bw 1983-1985. We know it's never about performance, it's about power returning to the north. The born to rule mentality of the north is going to run this country under ground.

my pregnant mum was imprisoned for 6 months for having her signature forged on documents clearing imported goods out of a nigerian port as a transporter even when she wasn't around to append her signature to the document. Even with evidence showing that she was at the general hospital having my then 2 year old elder sister admitted for treatment on that day of all days (GOD works in mysterious ways), they still locked her up, even after the real culprits were tracked, found with the missing vehicle, some of the stolen goods and arrested after their confessions attesting to my mums innocence, they still locked her up for her inability to come up with the N60,000 bail set for her release (trust me, this was a huge amount in 1985). Seeing the injustice, the greek and german owners of the company owning the stolen goods, came up with the money and aggressively lobbied the authorities before they reluctantly agreed to release my 8 months pregnant mother after conducting a medical test to confirm that an obviously 8 months pregnant woman was truly pregnant and ought to be released (on a hefty bail).
After releasing my mother on bail, no futher charges were brought up against her till date, though some of the anti-corruption task force and policemen accused my mum of being too bold to be doing buisness in an area which should exclusively be a mans domain but actually, that doesn't constitute into a crime, does it?
I was born a month after my mother was released from prison on bail.
And on my father's vehement insistence, my mum called it quits with her transport buisness after that incident after she rationalized that she was only saved by GOD seeing as she had no powerfull backers to protect her. Bottom line, she decided she would rather be a broke living mother to her kids than be a rich dead or imprisoned mother, and that is how the dreams of a budding young entrepreneur was snuffed out.

This was done under the regime of general buhari so u can all vote for gmb if you beleive mass miscarriage of justice (other people have their own tales to tell too) is equivalent to anti corruption and discipline. go ahead and vote for him, if you beleive that every single position/opportuinity should be held by a nothern hausa/fulani muslim(check his record, his nepotism is unrivaled my source is once again my mum who said and i quote "jobs and contracts with goverment parastatals dried up, you can queue from morning to evening and receive no notice but an hausa man will come by 3:50pm shout rankadede to everybody and receive the job everbody had been lobbying for all day, so every non hausa could only work with private firms"wink vote for gmb. I have been reading messages on this thread and so far, no one has accused gej of nepotism meaning under his leadership, Nigerians of all tribes and religions have equal opportuinities and we also have freedom of expression an association.

So am not asking for your forgiveness if i don't buy your anti-corruption and disciplinarian gibberish about gmb and proactively campaign against him, maybe that is one of the reasons i and my mother survived.

This is my own personal story and if gmb succeeds in entering Aso rock come 2015, be it on your heads. You'll be reaping what you sowed.

CHIKENA!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by BraniacX(m): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
bnovative:

Tell us how buhari had curbed corruption bw 1983-1985. Giving out 80% of the ptf contract to northerners with no little or no technical skills is no corruption right?
thanks for corroborating my claims
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by BraniacX(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
bnovative:

state ur facts with source.

his source is the goverment ingratiating iron-fisted goverment controlled media of buharis regime as against the free for all privately owned majority media of jonathan's regime.
We can choose which media to beleive.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by pkang: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
size38:
PDP is telling lies here. Where is 4000 plus MW? I live in PHC along NTA road Road Mgbouba, everybody living here can attest to the fact that for over 3 months now we have not seen a flash of light how much having a 2 hours light for over 3 months
Hey am a rivers man so stop telling lies.
In Abua/Odual constant light, in Bori Ogoni at least we have light every week. At mile 1-2 constant light at NTA road also there is light y tell lies na.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by BraniacX(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
enigmaotr:

If Metu does not know that Nigerians are economically worse-off now than in 1999, he's the one been economical with the truth.

This doesn't make any sense to people who have been affected by the poor income distribution in this administration. Jonathan taking glory for making Nigeria the number one Economy in Africa! What exactly did he do than rebasing?
I've been virtually to all the States of the Federation -including FCT- in the Last 3 Months and I've met, and sometimes overheard people complain of this regime! What do they complain about most? Economic hardship! The few people who supports him are doing so based on sentiments.
People are longing for a change and that's the reality on ground.
For God sake, we were generating 1600mw in 1999 and still stuck at 3000 mw after 15years? How long shall it be to get to 30000mw? SMH

tell me to the best of your knowledge, which current regime has not been adjudged worse than the preceeding regime in the eyes of common Nigerians on the streets in recent memory?
When was the last time, a current regime was better than "the good old days of yore"?

Simple fact, to Nigerians, every current regime is the worst ever and some years later, they'll be singing praises of that same regime when comparing it with the goverment of the day.
Re-evaluate your objectivity and by association, your assesment dude.

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by BraniacX(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
adepiero:
back then we had a transformer as well and we never for once shared light until last year! improvement should be spontaneous and not niggardly
well, if i daresay(i might be wrong though) your area is one of very few oddities where power supply has actually decreased when compared to what was previously obtained. No wahala sha. Question is, who do u think will improve it and remember, your state govt has a role to play too.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by pkang: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
synergycom19:
Bahari WEEPS and promised not to run for that office again, but because of GEJ directionless, visionless, purposeless, clueless, tactless and will-less Administration. It's gives Buhari the audicity required to challenge the previously popular GEJ(former darling of the people,who he aboundan immediately after the elections).
GEJ has direction dat is y he has done those things that were hidden from the people of south.
What is direction if I may ask, why would Buhari change his direction too. If he promised not to contest n later changes to contest then Nigeria is in great trouble if he wins.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by adepiero: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
BraniacX:

well, if i daresay(i might be wrong though) your area is one of very few oddities where power supply has actually decreased when compared to what was previously obtained. No wahala sha. Question is, who do u think will improve it and remember, your state govt has a role to play too.
Sincerely speaking, power has increased a bit under GEJ led govt but power is not the only sector needing assistance. the bottom line is that GEJ has no manifesto or guide to good leadership and he has no good track record judging from his days as a deputy governor till date. Buhari might be a dictator but everyone will agree that he has a road map of how the country needs to be in terms of transformation and you'll agree that Nigerians are pigheaded and need a strong hand to guide us right.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
NairaMode:
Buhari.
An old frail man.
Looking to reward his enemies with the position.
His personal ambition casting shadows over the stone that may fall him.
A selfish man whose purported love for the country should have made him a counsel and not a runner.
A man whose utterance depicts barbarism and retrogression.
He is a choice that I am certain we will reconsider after we must have voted for him and made him president.
A subtle snake looking to Islamize Nigeria, a conviction I have based on his resume.
He is a scary choice but a reasonable alternative.

Stop being a confusionist & come out clear...what do you mean by "reasonable alternative"
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by estherdennis(f): 9:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
charles0922:

you need to relocate from that zone there is forces attached to it for not having electricity because there is big change in the country intern of steady current
Maybe he is living in Aluu community where they killed Innocent boys and dea blood is on vengance mission.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by glory2glory: 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
drnoel:

they can have their chance in 2019. Let GEJ complete what he started so another person doesn't come from the back to take credit for his labour.

Which labour? Same way he is taking credit for Yardua and OBJ's labour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: CDD Gives Damning Verdict On Election, Makes Shocking Revelations / Oshiomole Mistakenly Says APC Rigged Osun Election (Video) / Disturbing Photos ESN Members Killed In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.