Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati (51462 Views)

Bola Tinubu Welcomes Buhari To Lagos (Photo) / Massive Crowd Welcomes Buhari At Airport (Photos) / 2015: PDP Welcomes Buhari, Urges Him To Engage In Issue- Based Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by expert1000: 5:12am On Oct 16, 2014
A man comin on a revenge mission can neva rule dis great nation Nigeria;
A man who sees his religion as the best and believes the nation shuld b islamise can neva rule our beloved Nigeria;
An old wicked wolf pretendin 2b a sheep can neva rule this giant of africa Nigeria;
A man who believes in bloodshed and killin of innocent Nigerians jst because he lost an election,can and wil neva eva rule dis sweet nation Nigeria;
A man who must discredit and lie 2nigerians on d day of his declaration can neva rule dis rich nation Nigeria;
An old man full of bitternes and resentment, who says if he loss d elections den blood wil flow;can neva rule dis blessed nation Nigeria;
A man who promised 2mak the country UNGOVERNABLE for an elected and true democrat,wil neva smell d seat of power or rule dis beloved nation Nigeria;
A man whose apperance alone tells all d wicked agenda in his mind can neva rule dis lovely nation Nigeria;
Please if u no THE man am talkin of , jst click a LIkE

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ohzee(f): 5:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Btruth:
Sometimes I really wondered if people understand the word "CHANGE"? Who is talking about the north coming to power? Who is interested in just our president is from the south-south, and as such he must continue? Who is worried about if it either Buhari, Goodluck or Fashola? Who among the people doesn't reason that for a system to work well, you continuously need a change? Guys, just think about more of the developing countries, even with their comfort, they still agitate for a change, just a small change! & that is what makes politics even the system of government more interesting. Nigeria need a change, we all cannot be dummy. It doesn't matter if it is Labour party or APC or Accord party......all we need in fairness is a change from the ruling PDP party for a new parry to demonstrate their own agenda and idea. Situation whereby you find the same party been clinch to power even been desperate to let go off power, then it means there's a lot covered under the blanket. Let the people decides, whatsoever be the will and decision of the people should be respected. We all must agitate for a change. Changes is the only thing that make things better and interested. APC is for a change.

Change is good if its for the better. I don't believe APC and especially GMB is. The developed countries' political parties have ideologies such as Democrats and Republicans. Ours don't. what we have is North and South Muslim or Christian. GEJ is not necessarily the whole of PDP

12 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ibnyakub: 5:28am On Oct 16, 2014
Hmm, this politician shaa, they are fun of playing with our intellect
If all what buhari said are false as proofed by the pdp, we nigerian should the withness
Om agriculture,during colonization and after independnt till around 1990s the main source if income to nigerian is agriculture with north contributing a lot the main part, southwest contribute lso contributa our quota with cocoa money(cocoa house at ibadann is the evidence) let be reading history. But agriculture this days has improved claim by pdp also have evidence if u can travel around the southwest and see how maney people remain in the farm, how maney land is being cultivated u will all seeby your eye which of the two party is lying.
They also claim power generation has increase, ok, this also can be proof right or wrong by we n igerians rather a politician leaving under AC trough out his livestyle without power failure(standby generator is availabel naw)
To me we still need a changge of government, let try another party and see what will happen but to me buhari still have a clean profile sa analyse belowWHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI?
I write this because of millions of
Nigerians who are below 30 and who
constitute a significant chunk of our
voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely
ignorant about the events of the
Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be
misinformed and misled by needless
propaganda. I have sat with many in
the
under-30 bracket and those slightly
above who only have faint recollections
of the Buhari era and the level of
ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before being MILITARY Head of State,
Buhari had been Governor of one of
the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s
Military government) as well as
Minister for Petroleum. He later
served
as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.
Please consider the following
unassailable facts:
·He birthed and supervised the
establishment of our existing
refineries.
·There was no religious crisis while he
was Head of State. It started under his
successor IBB!
·In his time as Head of State he
reduced
inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal
discipline and a homegrown economic
team (not achieved under any other
era, even military).
·JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs
before him, and killed all the corrupt
leaders, while Buhari only sentenced
the corrupt leaders here to prison.
·Under his watch as PTF Chairman,
what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched by
12yrs of the PDP.
·Hospitals and universities around the
country never witnessed as much
benefits as they got from the PTF from
any government after or before his
time.
·Despite serving in senior capacity in
the oil sector, first as Minister for
Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust
Fund, Buhari has no petrol station,
much less a rig, refinery or an oil block
like so many of our leaders.
·He could have retired into nauseating
opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or
even OBJ but didn't.
·Instead of hobnobbing with the high
and mighty, he has cast his lot with the
ordinary man most of who follow him
out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said
of him... "All I need from Buhari is his
word, I can take it to the bank".
·He is the only politician in the North
today who fills rallies without renting a
crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March
is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance
while serving as Chairman of the PTF
because he said since he was already
drawing a pension from government,
his conscience would not allow him
to draw another salary from the purse
of the same government.
·He is the only former head of state
that does not own property or land in
Abuja .
·Every attempt to rubbish him through
probes in time past eneded up
vindicating him! The man who was
asked by OBJ to take over the running
of PTF before it was scrapped with the
aim
of probing and indicting Buhari, was the
one who ended up being prosecuted
for misappropriating $100m of PTF
funds!
Buhari again, was vindicated
·He has OPENLY challenged those who
accuse him of religious fundamentalism
to come out and show proof. No one
has till today, taken up the challenge.
His
personal driver of many years is a
Christian from Plateau State !
·His government initiated the War
Against Indiscipline that has made
environmental cleanliness, queuing up,
not urinating by the roadside etc
features of our national life even till
today Does it then surprise you why
corrupt people would be spreading
such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He
is a threat to them and they know
what he is capable of doing to
corruption and
corrupt people when he comes into
office! So shine your eyes and make
the right decision. If honesty and
probity are the things you want for
Nigeria ,now is the time to choose
right. When you cast your vote for the
BUHARI, you would have cast one vote
for honest men. This is a clean profilr ever.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by experimentist: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2014
Bugatie:
The General will weep again, no doubt
your father will cry blood after valentines 2015!

4 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ElekeNtioba: 5:33am On Oct 16, 2014
APC's gift to GEJ's 2015 aspiration is a Buhari candidacy. Dont quote me till after elections.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by experimentist: 5:35am On Oct 16, 2014
kenbee:
And Buhari promised to fix all this if voted in?
APC and destructive criticism!
Thou PDP is not good enough, I've not seen a better alternative for now.
Go And Die!
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by xtervaganza(m): 5:35am On Oct 16, 2014
golddeejay:
as much as i want jona out, i no trust dis man kobo. He seems full of resentment and bitterness
I'm with you, brother

I don't trust him a bit and the least we need in this country now is a perennial failure

7 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by experimentist: 5:36am On Oct 16, 2014
cliffm43:
Buhari is A boko haram sponsor,,,,,only those ISIS will vote for him...............in fact,,for the success of Nigeria..we don't need Anything Like Hausa again,,,,,Only Rochas can vote for Buhari or the foolish Nigerians like Rochas and Amaechi
una no get rope for house? Hang yourself biko!

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by temitemi1(m): 5:45am On Oct 16, 2014
This is why I love PDP very mature in their daeling unlike noise maker and abusive party like apc

14 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by alphaking(m): 5:47am On Oct 16, 2014
cliffm43:
Buhari is A boko haram sponsor,,,,,only those ISIS will vote for him...............in fact,,for the success of Nigeria..we don't need Anything Like Hausa again,,,,,Only Rochas can vote for Buhari or the foolish Nigerians like Rochas and Amaechi
This statement is tribalistic and at its best an ignorant statement calling names and calling well educated and eminent nigerians foolish is in itself foolishness.Guy as i dey support pdp reach i no fit call Apc members foolish not even lai mohammed

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by sixtusjr(m): 5:51am On Oct 16, 2014
Why did he start with lies, at his age?

11 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by yousee(m): 5:57am On Oct 16, 2014
size38:
PDP is telling lies here. Where is 4000 plus MW? I live in PHC along NTA road Road Mgbouba, everybody living here can attest to the fact that for over 3 months now we have not seen a flash of light how much having a 2 hours light for over 3 months
How will you "Have light" when miscreants keep vandalizing PHCN transformers and cables?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ojsmscom(m): 5:58am On Oct 16, 2014
kasiem:
The Peoples Democratic Party is pleased to welcome to the 2015 presidential contest, the former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari who declared his intention today, Wednesday, October 15, 2014.

While we congratulate and wish him well in his ambition, we have noted some distortions and misrepresentation of facts in his speech and consequently wish to put the record straight.

According to General Buhari, Nigeria was generating 4000 mws of electricity in 1999 but has today fallen short of that capacity under the PDP.

However, the fact remains that as at May 29th 1999 when PDP took office, Nigeria was generating 1600 mws. We urge Nigerians to fact-check on this. Corroboration of this figure can also be sought from the World Bank, the IMF and multiple other authoritative sources.

In contrast, it is common knowledge that under the transformative leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria now generates 4568 mws of electricity; a triple of what was generated in 1999.

Again, General Muhammadu Buhari stated that a growing economy which the PDP inherited in 1999 has been destroyed within 15 years in office. This also does not represent the reality on the ground.

The fact which can be verified from the hand-over notes from the military as well as from the World Bank and IMF is that Nigeria was the third largest economy in Africa in 1999, behind South Africa and Egypt. The nation was also rated number 48 in the world, our Foreign Reserve at $3.6 Billion while our foreign debt stood at $36 billion.

However, it is incontrovertible that in the last 15 years of PDP leadership, especially the last three years of dynamic and purposeful administration provided by President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's economy has become the largest in Africa and the 26th largest in the world. Similarly, our Foreign Reserve is now over $39 billion dollars, and our foreign debts reduced to less than $7 billion from $36 billion.

Besides, General Buhari also told supporters that Nigeria’s agricultural sector has gone down under the PDP, a statement which also does not reflect the reality on the ground.

Verily, the fact remains that in the last 15 years under the PDP, indeed, the last three years of vigorous application of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda, there has been an unparalleled government input in agriculture, thereby pushing production to an all time high. Moreover, Nigeria food import has reduced from N1.1 trillion in 2010 to N684 billion.

While we understand that the APC is hell-bent on using every opportunity at its disposal to discredit the PDP in quest for political control, we urge their handlers to always cross-check their facts and stop making mockery of respected Nigerians in the mould of General Buhari.

Finally, the PDP again welcomes General Buhari into the presidential race and hopes that in the future, he will not allow himself to be further embarrassed in the course of his campaign.

Signed:

Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/2015-pdp-welcomes-buhari-to-presidential-race-cautions-him-against-embarrassing-himself.96261/
[color=#990000][quote author=kasiem post=27177897] The Peoples Democratic Party is pleased to welcome to the 2015 presidential contest, the former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari who declared his intention today, Wednesday, October 15, 2014.

While we congratulate and wish him well in his ambition, we have noted some distortions and misrepresentation of facts in his speech and consequently wish to put the record straight.

According to General Buhari, Nigeria was generating 4000 mws of electricity in 1999 but has today fallen short of that capacity under the PDP.

However, the fact remains that as at May 29th 1999 when PDP took office, Nigeria was generating 1600 mws. We urge Nigerians to fact-check on this. Corroboration of this figure can also be sought from the World Bank, the IMF and multiple other authoritative sources.

In contrast, it is common knowledge that under the transformative leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria now generates 4568 mws of electricity; a triple of what was generated in 1999.

Again, General Muhammadu Buhari stated that a growing economy which the PDP inherited in 1999 has been destroyed within 15 years in office. This also does not represent the reality on the ground.

The fact which can be verified from the hand-over notes from the military as well as from the World Bank and IMF is that Nigeria was the third largest economy in Africa in 1999, behind South Africa and Egypt. The nation was also rated number 48 in the world, our Foreign Reserve at $3.6 Billion while our foreign debt stood at $36 billion.

However, it is incontrovertible that in the last 15 years of PDP leadership, especially the last three years of dynamic and purposeful administration provided by President
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ideepaul: 6:00am On Oct 16, 2014
adrainuche:
Why are all these Old and Forgotten criminals still coming back, Dnt we have young and capable people to rule this nation anyone above 50yrs of age shouldnt be allowed to contest aftermath what is the retiremnt age of civil servants in Nigeria
exactly my thoughts
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ideepaul: 6:04am On Oct 16, 2014
whytfaz:
These stats pdp are explaining doesn't reflect to the average Nigerians economy tho. We Nigerians know better sha
another super intelligent Nigerian! clap for (him)them....u think buhari's lying z not more clueless than GEJ

3 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 16, 2014
NairaMode:
Buhari.
An old frail man.
Looking to reward his enemies with the position.
His personal ambition casting shadows over the stone that may fall him.
A selfish man whose purported love for the country should have made him a counsel and not a runner.
A man whose utterance depicts barbarism and retrogression.
He is a choice that I am certain we will reconsider after we must have voted for him and made him president.
A subtle snake looking to Islamize Nigeria, a conviction I have based on his resume.
He is a scary choice but a reasonable alternative.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Royaltriplee: 6:10am On Oct 16, 2014
PAT4HOT:
Whether GMB dey lie or not o, all dat I nid is change from the central government. I think PDP has tried its best since in 1999. They have done both the good, the bad and the ugly for 16 good years. Let another set of people try their best.

For ur informatiom, I am from the Niger Delta and I supported GEJ in his previous elections but for now, he shud get back home.
you all will regret ur decision(s)(especially the southerners and Christians in particular)when SHARIA LAW will be impose on you.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ideepaul: 6:13am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Lies lies of the PDP. Which Nigeria produce 4000plus mw of electricity? Where is it? Whivh economy is largest when transport is high, "pure water" is N10, cost of garri etal are on d rise. Which yeye fact the PDP is talking when our Excess Crude account had been depleted from $20 billion in 2009 to $2.5 billion as at jannuary 2014? This government inherited a foreign debtfree Nigeria now our foreign debts stands at $8 billion. Metuh is a pathological liar

4 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ideepaul: 6:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Seriously
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2014
martins0:
Looking forward to GEJ/Buhari's presidential debate.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Toyozzie:
hmmmmm the smiley war has begun
its not a war
"Contest"
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by philantoxx(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2014
buhari disappointing his sponsors since 18bc..

2 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by domack99(m): 6:23am On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
However, it is incontrovertible that in the last 15 years of PDP leadership, especially the last three years of dynamic and purposeful administration provided by President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's economy has become the largest in Africa and the 26th largest in the world. Similarly, our Foreign Reserve is now over $39 billion dollars, and our foreign debts reduced to less than $7 billion from $36 billion.

The bold part above is the problem with GEJ, this is self centered, people like OBJ and PDP northern members won't like such statement, OBJ really tried on the economy roadmap and Yaradua on the amnesty stuff. The word especially is given sole credit to GEJ administration to what ever success they believe they have recorded, that not a sign of good leadership

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by TeamSimple(m): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2014
Congratulate him to the loosers blind chase abi? Shey na 100meters senior boys?
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by ayusco85(m): 6:30am On Oct 16, 2014
nikpet2:
Over 5,000 people have voted, see who is leading in
our online election poll. Share your opinion: If the
2015 Nigerian presidential election were held today,
with President Jonathan as the PDP candidate and
Muhammadu Buhari as the APC candidate, who do
you think would win? Why? http:///1qvkOdv #sahara
reporters

Are u OK? Ve u stopped taking ur medication?
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Ayoola171(m): 6:31am On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
welcome to the race...GEJ is like ossain Bolt while Buhari is like mikel sl0WBI...Who do you think will win
It's a pity that Jonathan will still win comes 2015 and Nigeria/ APC will yet not withness the Change we aspired; should APC eventually field Buhari.
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by synergycom19: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2014
Bahari WEEPS and promised not to run for that office again, but because of GEJ directionless, visionless, purposeless, clueless, tactless and will-less Administration. It's gives Buhari the audicity required to challenge the previously popular GEJ(former darling of the people,who he aboundan immediately after the elections).

1 Like

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by FKO81(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2014
padeolu:
Sai Buhari
Very soon your sai will change to Chai Buhari after his last match 2015 which will produce the same result as usual.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by abagnalie: 6:36am On Oct 16, 2014
they have no choice.they are welcoming him already to the villa ahead of 2015 because they know he will emerge victorious
Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by GentleMimi: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2014
While we understand that the APC is hell-bent on using every opportunity at its disposal to discredit the PDP in quest for political control, we urge their handlers to always cross-check their facts and stop making mockery of respected Nigerians in the mould of General Buhari.

Finally, the PDP again welcomes General Buhari into the presidential race and hopes that in the future, he will not allow himself to be further embarrassed in the course of his campaign.

Damn ! Daaaaaaaammmmmnnnnn! Metuh , you are a professional at what you do. Nobody else could have given a counter statement with such a drastic punch. LMAO.

9 Likes

Re: PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati by Sunbellar: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Btruth:
Sometimes I really wondered if people understand the word "CHANGE"? Who is talking about the north coming to power? Who is interested in just our president is from the south-south, and as such he must continue? Who is worried about if it either Buhari, Goodluck or Fashola? Who among the people doesn't reason that for a system to work well, you continuously need a change? Guys, just think about more of the developing countries, even with their comfort, they still agitate for a change, just a small change! & that is what makes politics even the system of government more interesting. Nigeria need a change, we all cannot be dummy. It doesn't matter if it is Labour party or APC or Accord party......all we need in fairness is a change from the ruling PDP party for a new parry to demonstrate their own agenda and idea. Situation whereby you find the same party been clinch to power even been desperate to let go off power, then it means there's a lot covered under the blanket. Let the people decides, whatsoever be the will and decision of the people should be respected. We all must agitate for a change. Changes is the only thing that make things better and interested. APC is for a change.
All you have said is TRASH & GARBAGE!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' / Aisha Buhari Has Separated From President Buhari - Kemi Olunloyo / #ObaOfBeninDeath: Mike Ozekhome Shaves Hair (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.