Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene (9131 Views)

The Average Yorubaman Is Now Better Off Since Buhari Took Over. / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / Ojukwu's Letter To Yorubaman Banjo..."taking Our Destinies Into Our Hands" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by nduchucks: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2014
If none of the recently adopted amendments to our constitution is ultimately adopted, I'll be satisfied with the adoption of this singular provision, which was also approved:

a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

Some of us fought very hard during the constitutional review committee hearings to get that provision in the final prodI congratulate all of my partners who fought in their own little way to make this possible.

It is a first step towards eradicating unnecessary discrimination, archaic custom and tradition which has kept us in the stone ages. The time will come very soon when Chukwuma will become the Governor of Lagos and a Shekaru can become the Governor of Abia.

Long Live this great country!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by 1stola1(m): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2014
In one Nigeria I believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 16, 2014
None of this will happen.
let's not deceive ourselves.
Shekau has the governor of Abia,very grin grin
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Fire15: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2014
nduchucks:
If none of the recently adopted amendments to our constitution is ultimately adopted, I'll be satisfied with the adoption of this singular provision, which was also approved:

a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

Some of us fought very hard during the constitutional review committee hearings to get that provision in the final prodI congratulate all of my partners who fought in their own little way to make this possible.

It is a first step towards eradicating unnecessary discrimination, archaic custom and tradition which has kept us in the stone ages. The time will come very soon when Chukwuma will become the Governor of Lagos and a Shekaru can become the Governor of Abia.

Dream, Dream.....?.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 16, 2014
nduchucks:

ibo man and his obsession for lagos

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Orunto: 9:57am On Oct 16, 2014
Long live Nigeria fine. For Shekau to be Governor of Abia or of any other state than Kogi, God forbids. As Moses is not born in Egypt, since our friend ran away with his kiths and kins, so Shekau, a name commonly born by bokoharams of Kogi origin will never surface in Abia or Anambra........ Jokes apart, The Nigerian Constitutions should have provided for this Indigenisation Status since 1914. The failure of making this provision in our Constitution caused Wet-eh in Yoruba land, caused Biafra war in Igboland, caused Sheria in the North, caused the non satisfaction with any Constitution since 1914, caused bokoharam and the insatiable aspiration of Gen. Buhari wanting to be President at all costs and so on. I always pray that the present legislature will see this fault in our system and make a constitutional once and for all Rectifying Remedies, so that Desmond can rule in Lagos, Jega can rule in Abia and Oloruntobi can rule in Sokoto. So help us God!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by T8ksy(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2014
Orunto:
Long live Nigeria fine. For Shekau to be Governor of Abia or of any other state than Kogi, God forbids. As Moses is not born in Egypt, since our friend ran away with his kiths and kins, so Shekau, a name commonly born by bokoharams of Kogi origin will never surface in Abia or Anambra........ Jokes apart, The Nigerian Constitutions should have provided for this Indigenisation Status since 1914. The failure of making this provision in our Constitution caused Wet-eh in Yoruba land, caused Biafra war in Igboland, caused Sheria in the North, caused the non satisfaction with any Constitution since 1914, caused bokoharam and the insatiable aspiration of Gen. Buhari wanting to be President at all costs and so on. I always pray that the present legislature will see this fault in our system and make a constitutional once and for all Rectifying Remedies, so that Desmond can rule in Lagos, Jega can rule in Abia and Oloruntobi can rule in Sokoto. So help us God!

Good idea .................except Oloruntobi has no wish or desire to rule in sokoto, enugu or anywhere else in the country but his own yorubaland.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2014
OP,
will that stop the killong of Nigerians by Nigerians especially those done in the name of religion?

If there exists respect for human life, we dont even need thos law to live in peace.

We have an ugly situation where some people are at will to kill, maim and loot and noboby can do anything about it. And you are here celebrating a few lines typed into a peice of paper in the name of constitution!

Well, it someone like Buhari a few minutes of broadcast to suspend the constitution......
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by candidbabe(f): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2014
If a Nigerian can be a citizen of the united states of America by birth, I see no reason why chukwuma cannot be an indigene of sokoto state.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2014
candidbabe:
If a Nigerian can be a citizen of the united states of America by birth, I see no reason why chukwuma cannot be an indigene of sokoto state.

A Lebanese can also be a citizen of Nigeria by birth, can he also be an indigene of Abia?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Balkan(m): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2014
This is a good development. So nobody can now tell me Lagos is a Yoruba land.
As far as you are born here in Lagos you have the same right with anybody.
No more omoniles

GEJ till Jesus comes

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
This is a good development. So nobody can now tell me Lagos is a Yoruba land.
As far as you are born here in Lagos you have the same right with anybody.
No more omoniles

GEJ till Jesus comes
Thief

The ibos obsession over Lagos would eventually lead them to doom.

After all is said and done everybody go answer him papa name. You had better start planning on relocating back to the jungles of Abakaliki.

Ole Oshi !

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by adonbilivit: 11:21am On Oct 16, 2014
Segeggs:
ibo man and his obsession for Lagos
is lagos not in Nigeria. are the igbos not Nigerians? nawa for you o.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
Why dont you go preach your message of one Nigeria in Maiduguri, Chibok or Gwoza? You only know about one Nigeria when it comes to Lagos nay Yorubaland

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
Sambisa and Chibok are also in Nigeria. Go lay claim over the indigeneship of Sambisa

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by adonbilivit: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2014
AJINATU:
Why dont you go preach your message of one Nigeria in Maiduguri, Chibok or Gwoza? You only know about one Nigeria when it comes to Lagos nay Yorubaland
in essence? what is your point? that every body goes back to his or her state? other states are longing for investors and you are here trying to push the ones in your land away...be wise. thankGod Fashola does not reason in that direction.no country or state is an island

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
in essence? what is your point? that every body goes back to his or her state? other states are longing for investors and you are here trying to push the ones in your land away...be wise. thankGod Fashola does not reason in that direction.no country or state is an island
Your arguement is neither here nor there.

Dangote's investments in Lagos state is the largest indigenious investement in the country. Does that make Dangote a Yoruba man.

Protector & Gambles manufacturing plants in Ogun state is Americas largest non-oil investment in subsaharan africa. Does that makes the Americans Yoruba or Nigerians?

Accepted, Yoruba; Hausa; Ibo; Ijaw etc are all Nigerians(for now) but we say NO to the removal of the indigene and non-indigene dichotmy. If you'v got problem with that, you can relocate to Sambisa forest. After all it is still a part of Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by adonbilivit: 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
AJINATU:
Your arguement is neither here nor there.

Dangote's investments in Lagos state is the largest indigenious investement in the country. Does that make Dangote a Yoruba man.

Protector & Gambles manufacturing plants in Ogun state is Americas largest non-oil investment in subsaharan africa. Does that makes the Americans Yoruba or Nigerians?

Accepted, Yoruba; Hausa; Ibo; Ijaw etc are all Nigerians(for now) but we say NO to the removal of the indigene and non-indigene dichotmy. If you'v got problem with that, you can relocate to Sambisa forest. After all it is still a part of Nigeria
if countries like the UK and US allow aliens nationalise and become its citizens then what is the big deal in Musa becoming an indigene of Ogun state which is even still in His country? the likes of rapper Wale, Chuka Umunna(he contested for the position of British prime minister this year) and chimamanda Adichie are a few examples of Nigerians that are now considered Americans/Britons as the case may be. google these names. don't sound like you are intimidated or scared of healthy competition.
NB: I wont reply you again. i ve got work to do. good day

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by ibedun: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Igbos are hopeless and they have been shortchanged not by nature but their own ways. Not developing a kingdom, individualism, ego-mentality etc.

Chukwuemeka will never be an indegene of lagos state.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
if countries like the UK and US allow aliens nationalise and become its citizens then what is the big deal in Musa becoming an indigene of Ogun state which is even still in His country? the likes of rapper Wale, Chuka Umunna(he contested for the position of British prime minister this year) and chimamanda Adichie are a few examples of Nigerians that are now considered Americans/Britons as the case may be. google these names. don't sound like you are intimidated or scared of healthy competition.
This is the mistake you ibos keep making. You lot need a crash course on: Culture & Civilisation GSE 103

This is not a migrant country like USA, Canada or NewZealand. This is Nigeria! this is Africa! as Africans we are tribal people and we are ethnically attached to our territory

I am a Yoruba man and i CAN NEVER agitate over becoming the indigene of Damaturu or Abakaliki.

NB. No problem, dont reply me again and dont think the indigene/non-indigene dichotomy would be removed. It aint gonna happen

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by ibedun: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
Before anyone says jack Robinson, Igbos would be pointing out that other Yoruba also migrated to Lagos...
Let me educate you a bit. Lagos is historically Yorubaland just like ife, Ibadan, ondo, ikinrun, efon alaaye etc. In comparison, owerri is igboland just like Abagana, obosi, nnewi, enugu etc
Igboland in its entirety shares no boundaries with any part of Yorubaland. This means that we are clearly defined apart. Also, before any Ibo person can cross into any part of Yoruba land, he needs to cross at least two distinct states. And to get to Lagos, he must further cross several Yoruba states. Furthermore, no Nigerian of any state origin moves to Lagos without passing through large tracts of Yoruba land even if the person decided to enter through Benin republic. 
The Nigerian constitution you fatties like to refer to as the reason why you must claim Lagos is the same constitution that says that a citizen can only claim the state and local government of his father. For example, if okonkwo was born in umunya in anambra, and moved to Lagos in 1962 as a porter in the Nigerian railway commission, and he brought his village wife and families to festac town to live, and they settled down there. If their son, emeka grew up and married another wench and settled down to give birth to okafor, by the law of the land, they are all from anambra. Umunya to be specific.
If okonkwo had a daughter called ngozi who decided to marry Ibrahim from kano but residing in Lagos, then ngozi has right to claim both kano and anambra but not Lagos.
That is the law, my dear Igbos.
Culled from Nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Gbawe: 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:

You better stick to talking of what you are sure about instead of inventing ridiculous tales because of a propensity for inane exaggeration. Umunna is not and has never been leader of his Party (Labour) so how could he have "contested" to be PM? What happened to Ed Miliband while Umunna "contested for the position of British prime minister this year" ? The delusions of grandeur troubling people like you always lead you to practise 'projections of grandeur' also. Umunna, for now, is a member of Parliament representing Streatham and shadow business secretary.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
ibedun:
Igbos are hopeless and they have been shortchanged not by nature but their own ways. Not developing a kingdom, individualism, ego-mentality etc.

Chukwuemeka will never be an indegene of lagos state.
Olojukokoro ni awon omo y1bo yen. Oro won ti su mi

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Orunto: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
I am Oloruntoba not Tobi this time, and it is my dream to rule in Sokoto so I can chase all Arabs out of AYeria(Nigeria). Or rule in Markudi or Ilorin so I can group Benue with the Southeast and Kwara with the Southwest. The bottom line is for our Constitution to make Nigerians free in Nigeria. We need common indigeneship and citizenship so that governing will be an administrative arrangement only.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by adonbilivit: 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
Gbawe:

You better stick to talking of what you are sure about instead of inventing ridiculous tales because of a propensity for inane exaggeration. Umunna is not and has never being leader of his Party (Labour) so how could he have "contested" to be PM? What happened to Ed Miliband while Umunna "contested for the position of British prime minister this year" ? The delusions of grandeur troubling people like you always lead you to practise 'projections of grandeur'. Umunna, for now, is a member of Parliament and shadow business secretary.
sorry about the error...atleast he has been a member of parliament. but please ignore that and see reasons with me.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Orunto:
I am Oloruntoba not Tobi this time, and it is my dream to rule in Sokoto so I can chase all Arabs out of AYeria(Nigeria). Or rule in Markudi or Ilorin so I can group Benue with the Southeast and Kwara with the Southwest. The bottom line is for our Constitution to make Nigerians free in Nigeria. We need common indigeneship and citizenship so that governing will be an administrative arrangement only.
Are Nigerians not free in Nigeria?

On your mission ... You can start with the Itsekiri and Ijaws who albeit are both indigenes of Delta state still have a feud against each other over the ownership of Warri. Remeber how they slaughtered themselves in their hundreds during the circa 1999 Warri crisis.

Leave the Yorubas alone. We are contented with the space God gave us. We are not intrested in claiming other peoples land neither do we want to become indigenes of states outside Yorubaland

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Balkan(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
ibedun:
Before anyone says jack Robinson, Igbos would be pointing out that other Yoruba also migrated to Lagos...
Let me educate you a bit. Lagos is historically Yorubaland just like ife, Ibadan, ondo, ikinrun, efon alaaye etc. In comparison, owerri is igboland just like Abagana, obosi, nnewi, enugu etc
Igboland in its entirety shares no boundaries with any part of Yorubaland. This means that we are clearly defined apart. Also, before any Ibo person can cross into any part of Yoruba land, he needs to cross at least two distinct states. And to get to Lagos, he must further cross several Yoruba states. Furthermore, no Nigerian of any state origin moves to Lagos without passing through large tracts of Yoruba land even if the person decided to enter through Benin republic. 
The Nigerian constitution you fatties like to refer to as the reason why you must claim Lagos is the same constitution that says that a citizen can only claim the state and local government of his father. For example, if okonkwo was born in umunya in anambra, and moved to Lagos in 1962 as a porter in the Nigerian railway commission, and he brought his village wife and families to festac town to live, and they settled down there. If their son, emeka grew up and married another wench and settled down to give birth to okafor, by the law of the land, they are all from anambra. Umunya to be specific.
If okonkwo had a daughter called ngozi who decided to marry Ibrahim from kano but residing in Lagos, then ngozi has right to claim both kano and anambra but not Lagos.
That is the law, my dear Igbos.
Culled from Nairaland
we don't need constitution to be Lagosian. This is one Nigeria. I don't think any Yoruba man has more right than Igbo man in Lagos. Yoruba man from Osun state has no more right than any Igbo man, rather the Igbo man has more right than the Osun man because he owns properties

One Nigeria is good
The Agenda is working

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by atlwireles: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2014
Never being a supporter of indigeneship. Don't see myself changing anytime in the future. Nigeria is a Nation of tribes, let's keep it that way.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by aderonila18: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
It's already happening slowly but surely, Fashola a man from Ekiti is Lagos State Governor. I'm not sure Abacha was a Nigerian sef, heard he is from Niger
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
we don't need constitution to be Lagosian. This is one Nigeria. I don't think any Yoruba man has more right than Igbo man in Lagos. Yoruba man from Osun state has no more right than any Igbo man, rather the Igbo man has more right than the Osun man because he owns properties

One Nigeria is good
The Agenda is working
Osu ibo

you are going back to the jungles of Abakaliki. The 2x2 inches shop you own at Ladipo market is your property, right? You'l uproot it, place it on your Igbo and carry it back to the jungles of Dunukofia.

Your message of one Nigeria is needed in Chibok and Gwoza. They need it very much over there.

Oloshi Omo irakinran !

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Balkan(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2014
AJINATU:
Osu ibo

you are going back to the jungles of Abakaliki. The 2x2 inches shop you own at Ladipo market is your property, right? You'l uproot it, place it on your Igbo and carry it back to the jungles of Dunukofia.

Your message of one Nigeria is needed in Chibok and Gwoza. They need it very much over there.

Oloshi Omo irakinran !
The truth before you it either you secede and form your own country or for ever remain a conqured people.
one nigeria is good. No going back. Lagos still remain a conquered state

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Balyz: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
nduchucks:

This must NEVER NEVER happen. Not in a hundred years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Revenue Can’t Sustain Interest Payment On Debt – World Bank / Peter Obi Increased Anambra Poverty Rate From 20% To 68% - Soludo / Reuben Abati's Response To Otuoke Community Church Gift To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.