Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene (9147 Views)

The Average Yorubaman Is Now Better Off Since Buhari Took Over. / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service / Ojukwu's Letter To Yorubaman Banjo..."taking Our Destinies Into Our Hands" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by AJINATU: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balkan:
Osu ibo
you are afraid of going back to yiboland. You are afraid that your cannibalistic uncles at Ngwa will feast on your worthless ibo flesh for breakfast.

When your useless biafra fathers attempted to take what does not belong to them; kwashiokor and starvation finished them off at biafra. A similar fate awaits you descendants of cain.

Eyin Oloshi yii

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Gbawe: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
adonbilivit:
sorry about the error...atleast he has been a member of parliament. but please ignore that and see reasons with me.

Sorry for my rash words. I apologize. I thought you were the usual rabble rousers who postulate chaos and enmity over everything that should be about civility and maturity. I do get your argument. It is one I actually agree with haven benefited from similar via being born in the West and thus having dual nationality. There is nothing I wish to do or achieve anyone has stopped me gaining. That does not mean I should then be impudent, egotistic and openly disdainful of all around me. Most Yorubas are tolerant and will likely have no problems with the proposed indigene ruling if not for events of the past few years. Many Igbos , under GEJ some of them take to be a reincarnation of Ojukwu, have gone public with their hatred of the Yorubas and their complete dedication to fighting and proving a point to them perhaps because they remain vengeful about the war mirroring what Osita Okechukwu termed "chop sand syndrome".

This is why when some Igbos should talk of humbly serving others they will prefer to say they want to "control" them. When they should be gracious about their good fortunes, which others also have in abundance yet are silent about, they will say they "are "supreme" and have "enslaved" others in their land and "control their economy". If they "pull out" then this State will crash and similar braggart bullcrap. They will take to the net every single damn day to insult Yorubas as Lazy/dirty/ugly etc. This is despite the fact that the Yorubas appear to have moved on from the civil war with how they host the Igbos equitably and graciously in their domain since the end of the war and generally refrain from incendiary behaviour towards them. Bro, have you noticed on this thread it is the Yorubas who are against this indigene proposition while it is Igbos in favour? Before the very divisive GEJ came along, when so much hate was not dished out in cyberspace daily, most Yorubas would probably not have cared either way. Many of us warned the hate-mongers but they would not listen. Things are now what they are and we are back in the days ethnic tension, loathing and distrust that was a precursor to the civil war. Let the haters enjoy the cold war they have created when we all, especially young folks, should have moved on to be focused on developing a modern and progressive nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Tokunbohkinibig: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
No hard feelings but just stating the obvious, it would have been an excellent idea but with Igbos in this equation, Yorubas are out for better. Having studied Nigerian history very well, Yorubas will be better off on her own.

Realistically, we have got all what it takes to build one of the best countries in the world; both human and natural resources are all in abundance in my beautiful Nation- ODUA NATION. We don't need to build our Nation with people who will torment our existence with: we-ll-look-for your-trouble-but-when-my-ass-get-kicked-i-ll-scream-to-the-whole-world;victims, chest-beating, we-are-the-Jews and of course sell me your land pls but I won't sell my land to you mentality.

Yorubas ll prefer to apply for Visa to come to either Arewa or Biafra nation. Trust me,Yorubas are open to this excellent option.

We ll build our foreign policy to accomodate these two Nations either in terms of immigration or trade. They might choose to be one of our allies or enemies, no problems about that, they would be allowed to make their own choice as far that two options are concerned.

How wicked can people be! We ve been in relationship for about 54 years and nothing positive has come out it and you are still here, talking about building one Nation together. No way!!! Biafra ll be better without us i beg una. Can you survive a broken marriage for 2yrs? I guess your answer is capital No.

Separation is inevitable in Nigeria, we can only continue to shift the date forward but trust me, it ll surely happen. Lest before I forget, a word of advice to the smart Igbo dudes here, pls don't spend your hard earned salaries to build houses in South west, Lagos to be precise. Why did I say this? You see this your Lagos is no man's land mirage ll certainly and finally leave you in pains cos by then, it ll be too late to move your house to the east.

Listen and listen good, look around the world, Nations(Britain, Russia, Spain abd Sudan) have come together to build a Nation but when separation comes, our collective effort towards one entity called Lagos ll surely stop too and that leave you with no option than to become an immigrant if you are interested in living in Lagos.

If Scotland has parted ways with the rest of UK, London wouldn't have gone with them-Scottish despite the fact that London was built with their collective efforts. The same story with Former USSR and of course Sudan too; the latter-Sudan was built with both sides efforts but when separation came, Khartoum remains with the Arabs while Darfur was left where it belong without any meaninful developments but they have got no choice than to accept their fate. No United Nation(UN) intervention ll save you from losing your houses. Please, don't be deceived by your friends to build your houses in South west.

Invest your money in the East and build your houses in the East otherwise........... However, like I said earlier, you could renounce your igbo citizenship to gain Odua citizenship which ll enable you to do whatever you want to do in the West and you must have lived in the West for 20yrs prior to your application

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Caseless: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
nduchucks:
If none of the recently adopted amendments to our constitution is ultimately adopted, I'll be satisfied with the adoption of this singular provision, which was also approved:

a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

Some of us fought very hard during the constitutional review committee hearings to get that provision in the final prodI congratulate all of my partners who fought in their own little way to make this possible.

It is a first step towards eradicating unnecessary discrimination, archaic custom and tradition which has kept us in the stone ages. The time will come very soon when Chukwuma will become the Governor of Lagos and a Shekaru can become the Governor of Abia.

Long Live this great country!!
correct! They should not also forget to add d number of years u have to stay in a place to make u a citizen of that place.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by superstar1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
the question we need to ask ourselves are:

1. WHY IS IT ONLY Igbos THAT ARE LOOKING FOR SUCH?

2. WHY ARE THEY NOT PROUD OF THE LAND THEIR ANCESTORS BESTOWED ON THEM?

3. WHY CAN THEY NOT REPLICATE THEIR MAGIC ''WE BUILT KADUNA, PORT HARCOURT, LAGOS, IBADAN, ABUJA'' IN THEIR LAND?

4. NO OTHER ETHNIC GROUP, EVEN THE KOMA PEOPLE, ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BEING INDIGENES OF ANY OTHER PLACE, WHY IS IT ONLY Y1BOS?

Their greed and covetousness are self destructive buttons that will lead to another appeasement of Amadioha.

Sincerely, something is wrong somewhere.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by vanbonattel: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
superstar1:
the question we need to ask ourselves are:

1. WHY IS IT ONLY Igbos THAT ARE LOOKING FOR SUCH?

2. WHY ARE THEY NOT PROUD OF THE LAND THEIR ANCESTORS BESTOWED ON THEM?

3. WHY CAN THEY NOT REPLICATE THEIR MAGIC ''WE BUILT KADUNA, PORT HARCOURT, LAGOS, IBADAN, ABUJA'' IN THEIR LAND?

4. NO OTHER ETHNIC GROUP, EVEN THE KOMA PEOPLE, ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BEING INDIGENES OF ANY OTHER PLACE, WHY IS IT ONLY Y1BOS?

Their greed and covetousness are self destructive buttons that will lead to another appeasement of Amadioha.

Sincerely, something is wrong somewhere.

because the yoruba are selling lands to them and using the money to throw owambe party. you cannot do without igbo fat pocket, thats why you are alive today. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by superstar1(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
vanbonattel:

because the yoruba are selling lands to them and using the money to throw owambe party. you cannot do without igbo fat pocket, thats why you are alive today. tongue

Fat-gini

The same fat pockets that were deported, the same fat pockets running after vehicles selling galas, the same fat pockets with 2by2 inches shops.

IF the pocket was indeed fat, you would have stayed in your red mud.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 3:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
vanbonattel:

mo.therf.cker
Will you shut the fvck up already

Have you seen the wide expanse of land Dangote's cement factory is sitting on at Ibese in Ogun state?

Have you seen the wide expanse of land Dangote's cement factory is sitting on at Obajana in Kogi state?

Have you ever seen Dangote's kinsmen, the Hausas, getting obsessed over other peoples state?

Why is it that it is the Igbos who are 2x2 inches shop owners that always greedily lust over what belongs to others?

It is very certain that the igbos are cursed

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by vanbonattel: 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
superstar1:

Fat-gini

The same fat pockets that were deported, the same fat pockets running after vehicles selling galas, the same fat pockets with 2by2 inches shops.

IF the pocket was indeed fat, you would have stayed in your red mud.

selling gala for two years then buying a plot in ajah, cool cheesy

oh, my village upstair is bigger than your oba's house grin
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by vanbonattel: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
mo.therf.cker
Will you shut the fvck up already

Have you seen the wide expanse of land Dangote's cement factory is sitting on at Ibese in Ogun state?

Have you seen the wide expanse of land Dangote's cement factory is sitting on at Obajana in Kogi state?

Have you ever seen Dangote's kinsmen, the Hausas, getting obsessed over other peoples state?

Why is it that it is the Igbos who are 2x2 inches shop owners that always greedily lust over what belongs to others?

It is very certain that the igbos are cursed

wetin concern me with dangote, am looking for more yoriba plots to buy cheesy
continue crying till we use moni pursue your people enter lagoon. second civil war is raging and the battle is in your villages, we are buying you up this time grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by shizzle11(m): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
^gringringrin

I need honest answers from any reasonable youruba person; why do the yorubas on nairaland suddenly want Nigeria to divide Anyone?
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Explicit01: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
vanbonattel:

continue crying till we use moni pursue your people enter lagoon. second civil war is raging and the battle is in your villages, we are buying you up this time grin
I think its paramount to know that there are lots of igbos suffering in southwest. Its not something to be boastful about becos not every igbo in southwest can afford a land and I believe igbos should really think of investing @ home.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2014
vanbonattel:

fvctard

all ibos are mansion owners in Lagos until the nairaland insurgents bursted you Igbos by posting your miserable pictures online for all to see

At best you lot are fraudstars, swindlers and armed robbers. Your brothers have filled the prisons at Malasiya, Vietnam, China, Singapore, Southafrica etc for drug trafficing.

Oh yeah the second civil war is ineveitable but this time around there would be a victor and a vanquished. The igbos would be the vanquished.

Incase u'v forgotten, kwashiorkor and starvation finished your biafran grand parents off the last time we chased them back to yiboland

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by meccuno: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
Why r these people so upset?igbos where killed.... Igbos wanted to leave,they said no.....they came back ,wahala.....we live with others peacefully,problem.......all I hear is red mud gully erosion.....we were happy living in our gully erosion lands but una no let us sleep......and for those who think about arewa and oduduwa republic,its not going to happen in the next 200 years....open your eyes and see that Nigeria is run by cartels who have everything to loose if we split......my brothers from the SW wake up...
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by achi4u(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
AJINATU:
Osu ibo

you are going back to the jungles of Abakaliki. The 2x2 inches shop you own at Ladipo market is your property, right? You'l uproot it, place it on your Igbo and carry it back to the jungles of Dunukofia.

Your message of one Nigeria is needed in Chibok and Gwoza. They need it very much over there.

Oloshi Omo irakinran !
Bia guy u've called this Abakaliki in a negative light for so many times.
Try using other cities abeg.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by adonbilivit: 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Gbawe:

Sorry for my rash words. I apologize. I thought you were the usual rabble rousers who postulate chaos and enmity over everything that should be about civility and maturity. I do get your argument. It is one I actually agree with haven benefited from similar via being born in the West and thus having dual nationality. There is nothing I wish to do or achieve anyone has stopped me gaining. That does not mean I should then be impudent, egotistic and openly disdainful of all around me. Most Yorubas are tolerant and will likely have no problems with the proposed indigene ruling if not for events of the past few years. Many Igbos , under GEJ some of them take to be a reincarnation of Ojukwu, have gone public with their hatred of the Yorubas and their complete dedication to fighting and proving a point to them perhaps because they remain vengeful about the war mirroring what Osita Okechukwu termed "chop sand syndrome".

This is why when some Igbos should talk of humbly serving others they will prefer to say they want to "control" them. When they should be gracious about their good fortunes, which others also have in abundance yet are silent about, they will say they "are "supreme" and have "enslaved" others in their land and "control their economy". If they "pull out" then this State will crash and similar braggart bullcrap. They will take to the net every single damn day to insult Yorubas as Lazy/dirty/ugly etc. This is despite the fact that the Yorubas appear to have moved on from the civil war with how they host the Igbos equitably and graciously in their domain since the end of the war and generally refrain from incendiary behaviour towards them. Bro, have you noticed on this thread it is the Yorubas who are against this indigene proposition while it is Igbos in favour? Before the very divisive GEJ came along, when so much hate was not dished out in cyberspace daily, most Yorubas would probably not have cared either way. Many of us warned the hate-mongers but they would not listen. Things are now what they are and we are back in the days ethnic tension, loathing and distrust that was a precursor to the civil war. Let the haters enjoy the cold war they have created when we all, especially young folks, should have moved on to be focused on developing a modern and progressive nation.
thanks for this. we need to stop this verbal tribal wars ASAP. it has cost our nation a lot.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2014
shizzle11:
^gringringrin
I need honest answers from any reasonable youruba person; why do the yorubas on nairaland suddenly want Nigeria to divide Anyone?

Because parasites kill themselves trying to kill their hosts.
The next time around we will chase you far into the forests of southern Cameroon.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by superstar1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
vanbonattel:

selling gala for two years then buying a plot in ajah, cool cheesy

oh, my village upstair is bigger than your oba's house grin

You wish you were.

Do you look like the rich yorubas. Or the aristocratic hausas/fulanis or the oil money rich south south people?

Gala does not and can not and will never buy land,except inside your red mud.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by shizzle11(m): 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
Aigbofa:

Because parasites kill themselves trying to kill their hosts.
The next time around we will chase you far into the forests of southern Cameroon.
lmao...The name calling is misplaced and simply underlines your frustrations. Next time? and who are the 'we'? well its free to dream, need i remind you that your lamentations will last FOREVER. cool
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by shizzle11(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2014
meccuno:
Why r these people so upset?igbos where killed.... Igbos wanted to leave,they said no.....they came back ,wahala.....we live with others peacefully,problem.......all I hear is red mud gully erosion.....we were happy living in our gully erosion lands but una no let us sleep......and for those who think about arewa and oduduwa republic,its not going to happen in the next 200 years....open your eyes and see that Nigeria is run by cartels who have everything to loose if we split......my brothers from the SW wake up...
Thank you!
Dont mind some deluded hypocrites who only shout when it doesn't suit them most....nonsense
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
Segeggs:
ibo man and his obsession for lagos
I barcanista vehemently reject and kick against this madness of state of residence. Be proud of your ancestral land. As I can never trade my darling Rivers State for anywhere including New York, so also will I reject in full anyone claim indigenship by residence and place of birth

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
shizzle11:
lmao...The name calling is misplaced and simply underlines your frustrations. Next time? and who are the 'we'? well its free to dream, need i remind you that your lamentations will last FOREVER. cool

By the time you know what hit you the Cameroonians will be dropping apku for you from the sky.
Keep tempting fate.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by nduchucks: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
Caseless:
correct! They should not also forget to add d number of years u have to stay in a place to make u a citizen of that place.

I'm OK with baby steps. This go around if you are born in a particular state then you will be an indigene of that state. Hopefully next go around will include residency provisions which are desprately needed for forward progress.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by nduchucks: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Balyz:
This must NEVER NEVER happen. Not in a hundred years

Its too late buddy. This provision will make it into the constitution of this great country - the deal has been consumated. cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by shizzle11(m): 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
Aigbofa:

By the time you know what hit you the Cameroonians will be dropping apku for you from the sky.
Keep tempting fate.
the same way oduduwa fell from the sky?? and you are respecting fate is it? hypocrite grin
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by achi4u(m): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2014
If that be the case may God bless this indivisible country called Nigeria.
Nigeria will not divide but I still want my Igbo hustles to start bringing back their investment to alaigbo maka ndi uta.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Theultimate(m): 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
Can this also work in terms of Students Bursary
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by nduchucks: 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2014
I implore posters to try to stay above the political fray whicle discusing this important issue.

It makes no sense whatsoever for someone born in a particular state not to be accorded the same rights as other indigenes of a state. The next phase is to establish reasonable residency requirements, wherein, if you've lived in a state for a particular time period, you'd be entitled to the same rights accorded to the indigenes of that state. We worked to get that provision in, this time around, but awon Olote blocked it.

By the way, Buhari is in full support of such a residency provision while GEJ's people worked feverishly to have it excluded.
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Balkan(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2014
@tokumbohkinibigSeparation is inevitable in Nigeria, we can only continue to shift the date forward but trust me, it ll surely happen. Lest before I forget, a word of advice to the smart Igbo dudes here, pls don't spend your hard earned salaries to build houses in South west, Lagos to be precise. Why did I say this? You see this your Lagos is no man's land mirage ll certainly and finally leave you in pains cos by then, it ll be too late to move your house to the east
You are a dreamer. one Nigeria have come to stay. if you are hoping when Nigeria will divide, you will wait till thy kingdom come. we have realized that we dont have enough living space thats why we have to look out west ward, for more living space
Thanks to the one Nigeria project,

The agenda is working.
one Nigeria
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
baccaspace:
I barcanista vehemently reject and kick against this madness of state of residence. Be proud of your ancestral land. As I can never trade my darling Rivers State for anywhere including New York, so also will I reject in full anyone claim indigenship by residence and place of birth
is there really any such move as regards the OP going on in our legislative arm?
Re: Igbo Man As Indigene Of Lagos, Yorubaman Sokoto Indigene, Fulani Enugu Indigene by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
Segeggs:
is there really any such move as regards the OP going on in our legislative arm?
I know that South easterners are clamouring for such a thing. Whatever there plan is shall be defeated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment / Minimum Wage: Denial Characteristic Of The Buhari Administration – Atiku / Senate Summons Baru & Shell Over Revocation, Re-award Of OML 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.