Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. (2808 Views)

Fashola Vs Akpabio. Updated:: Projects And Pictures. / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. / Fashola Vs Chime Vs Amaechi Vs Akpabio(who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by 9jatriot(m): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2014
I do not think GEJ will honor such a debate. At least going by his antecedence.

Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan was absent from a presidential debate held on Friday, Mar. 18, 2011 for leading presidential candidates ahead of the April, 2011 general elections. The debate, organised by NN24, a private television station, at the Congress Hall of Transcorp Hilton, Abuja, was attended by only three of the four leading presidential candidates who were invited. General Muhammadu Buhari, former military head of state and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC); Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, and presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (CAN); and Ibrahim Shekarau, a former governor and candidate of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), all attended the debate.

http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=9135

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2014
As a yourba man I would vote fashola but the guy is only popular in the west. If GEJ was not the incumbent president that is a more level playing field and I think fashola would win.
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by joseph1832(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:
been an orator or a good public speaker does not make one a good leader automatically.

who cares about elitist minded people anyway.

a tribalist (he deported my people but joined in raising alarm when we wanted to register other people in our zones)

an infidel (according to their religion)

with all of Obama's oratory and public speaking abilities, how far . ISIS is daring america today, Russia is calling their bluff,china has over taken them as the largest economy in the word. Even Nigeria called their bluff on the gay law, did any of this happen before he came to power?

I beg to defer!. What's your definition of good?.
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by joseph1832(m): 2:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:
Nigerians and misplaced priorities

are we looking for someone who can win a debate or someone who can make and implement policies that has human face and will meet the need of the common man
Dude misplaced priorities doesn't have any place on this thread. This is merely an opinion, not a standard fact!.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by arresa: 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:
been an orator or a good public speaker does not make one a good leader automatically.

Good or bad orator, GEJ is a worthless, corrupt and incompetent leader and it shows...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by stinggy(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
egift:
Jonathan's failure is epic. When it comes to being accountable, he is a failure. That is why he sends Okupe, Abati, etc. He has no new ideas.

Jonathan ran away from presidential debate for not getting Expo to the questions

Organized a shameless counter against dbanj (who was not contesting)

It was a disgrace, he went ahead to debated himself on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

Jonathan has failed Nigerians.
Bros u jus dey wicked jonny boi anywhr u see hin name.diariss godu ooo cry

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by desgiezd(m): 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
bossmini84:
As a yourba man I would vote fashola but the guy is only popular in the west. If GEJ was not the incumbent president that is a more level playing field and I think fashola would win.

This thread isn't about voting but about debate!
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2014
arresa:

Good or bad orator, GEJ is a worthless, corrupt and incompetent leader and it shows...

he is corrupt because he has refused to heat up the polity in the name of fighting corrupt public officials or can you point me to one corruption charge against him that has been proven.
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by arresa: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

he is corrupt because he has refused to heat up the polity in the name of fighting corrupt public officials or can you point me to one corruption charge against him that has been proven.

He was not voted into office to worry about politics or let criminals go and walk away with the treasury, he was voted into office and he swore to defend and uphold the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria as the chief law enforcement officer.

You people come up with the most ridiculous and unintelligent nonsense I swear...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

undecided
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

with all of Obama's oratory and public speaking abilities, how far . ISIS is daring america today, Russia is calling their bluff,china has over taken them as the largest economy in the word. Even Nigeria called their bluff on the gay law, did any of this happen before he came to power?

But, Obama's speeches inspire us and assures us that no harm will befall us because all the security agencies are firing on full throttle. Russia is calling our bluff? Really?!

What do you reasonably expect the United States to do if you decide you want to discriminate people based on their se*xual orientation? Nuke you? Those are your people, treat them how you want, it's up to them if they are willing to accept it or fight for their rights. But, where we have a problem is situations where your laws could possibly affect our citizens what do we do? We withdraw fundings, loans and grants for those little projects which we used to give...even though we know they weren't usually being used for what they were given for and usually ended up in some politician's offshore account. So, all those little "$5 million" here and "$30million" there for fights against malaria, prostitution etc guess what? Reduced drastically or outright stopped. I promise you, your government knows where it pinches.

And you can believe that "China is now the world's biggest economy" crap if you want to but the bottom line is in the next two hundred years--- even if our economy is growing at its slowest---China will still not be able to provide it's citizens the standard of living ours have grown accustomed to. People would rather live in the U.S than China, like they'd rather live in South Africa than Nigeria. Paper rebasing just won't do. Let's talk to the common man on the street the least advantaged and most disadvantage --- that's how you measure a country: How are your poorest living? Every other talk after that is just what it is: Talk!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by 1wolex85: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

what does 'heating up the polity' even mean? people just write nonsense sha! he is heating up the polity is when he refuses to fight corrupt public officials, asha's fire on the mountain comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by stinggy(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

You reason exactly like him - Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Theultimate(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

are we looking for someone who can win a debate or someone who can make and implement policies that has human face and will meet the need of the common man
both
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Theultimate(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
joseph1832:
I believe we all know the history of Fashola and GEJ, how they came from absolutely nothing to become power movers in the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

This got me thinking: observing the humble beginning of both of them(being that they are both products of the Nigerian university system which many say is sub-standard) and actually utilizing the necessary skills and manpower available to both of them presently. If these two men actually engage in a presidential debate, who in your candid opinion do you think will emerge victorious?.

Your unbias opinions will highly be appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Theultimate(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
joseph1832:
I believe we all know the history of Fashola and GEJ, how they came from absolutely nothing to become power movers in the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

This got me thinking: observing the humble beginning of both of them(being that they are both products of the Nigerian university system which many say is sub-standard) and actually utilizing the necessary skills and manpower available to both of them presently. If these two men actually engage in a presidential debate, who in your candid opinion do you think will emerge victorious?.

Your unbias opinions will highly be appreciated.

Thank you.
their professions is enough to judge....Sorry!!! "to determine" rather. Thou shall not judge!
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Omimah: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
There is no person in our political space, except Emmanuel Osita, that Jonathan can debate with.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Sloan: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2014
The current pretender of a president is too dum.b, even a stone or tuber of yam is better: at least you know they are inanimate objects. Governor Fashola will be insulted to go and debate with a president with an IQ less than that of a primary school dropout. I bet he has better things to do than going to disgrace the clueless Otueke fisherman! In any case, retardumbo will not even show up anyway at the last minute!!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
Wake me wen u find a goat that can take down a lion.undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by phantom(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
very unfair draw. you want GEJ to stroke out? grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by oluamid(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
aguiyi:

a tribalist (he deported my people but joined in raising alarm when we wanted to register other people in our zones)

All this talk and you still did not answer OP's question.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by joseph1832(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
oluamid:

I taya for the guy oh...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Gbawe: 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
oluamid:

That is typical TANdroid and Jonathanian behaviour on display. Long on sentiments,irrelevant diatribe, distracting utterances and clannish zeal yet short on common sense and a readiness to stay on topic. The question OP asked is simple enough for even a kid of 5 to understand and provide a simple answer to.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by johnmartus(m): 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ibnsultan:
Its just like
Comparing Bugatti and peugoet 504
On the race track
Jonathan brain done locked

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by nuclearboy(m): 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
Gbawe:

That is typical TANdroid and Jonathanian behaviour on display. Long on sentiments,irrelevant diatribe, distracting utterances and clannish zeal yet short on common sense and a readiness to stay on topic. The question OP asked is simple enough for even a kid of 5 to understand and provide a simple answer to.

Exactly - All of them flatulent windbags embarassed
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by joseph1832(m): 9:43am On Oct 17, 2014
I believe its apparent we know who'll win the debate.
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Olaolufred(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2014
Who do I use now?

Is it the one who was ruler in the zoo for 20 years?

Or the Barrister in the court of law for 20 years?

Is it the one related closely to the animals?

Or the one closely related to getting justice?

Seems hard to determine.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by BRAV0O(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2014
aguiyi:

I just dey look you , which of those policies as jona implemented ever since ?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by stunning4real: 10:41am On Oct 17, 2014
aguiyi:

No wonder some people fail exam. The op just asked a question.
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by Orunto: 10:49am On Oct 17, 2014
This is political trouble shooting. Pair GEJ WITH GMB AND MIMIKO WITH FASHOLA and let us have human and enlightened TALKS!
Re: Fashola Vs GEJ Who Do You Think Will Win In A Presidential Debate?. by stunning4real: 10:49am On Oct 17, 2014
aderonila18:
GEJ will run away as usual and then he'll call Wizkid to interview him D
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Officially Apologise To Nigerians On The Igbo Choice Of GEJ / Biafra: Igbos Are A Confused Set Of People / No Nation Within Nigeria Nation Can Win Nigeria In War!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.