Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699041 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2015
Waoh even ghana and cameroun are out
congo will be tough
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Make I buy space for here....

Rides in with my camel.. .

Sia1, we gat your back... .

It's time you win the AAG and Olympics for Nigeria, this time around there will be no Messi to stop you..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
Reading the previous posts........................

Nothing fresh to read................................

It's gonna be lively and bustling soon..........

But until then, wanna maintain ghost mode!!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
[size=14pt]IHEANACHO FOR MAN CITY AUSTRALIA TOUR[/size]

AfricanFootball.com has been informed that Nigeria U20 forward Kelechi Iheanacho will be part of Manchester City’s pre-season tour of Australia and Singapore.

As first reported by AfricanFootball.com, Iheanacho, 18, is poised to join the City first-team squad next season.

He has got his work permit and has made it very clear he wishes to fight for a first-team place against the likes of Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko.

He shone for City in pre-season tour of the United States of America in the last close season.

Incidentally, Iheanacho was in neigbouring New Zealand for the FIFA U20 World Cup.

He returned to Nigeria on Saturday along with other members of the Flying Eagles after they crashed out of the tournament in the Round of 16.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]ESPERANCE SET TO BEAT AHLY TO SOKARI[/size]

Tunisia’s Esperance are set to beat Al Ahly of Egypt to Nigeria midfielder Kingsley Sokari, AfricanFootball.com can specially reveal.

Esperance have already agreed fees with Enyimba and have even ordered the player to head to Tunis on his return from the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

“Sokari will join Esperance,” a top source informed AfricanFootball.com

“Enyimba chairman Felix Anyansi-Agwu has negotiated a transfer fee with Esperance for the player and the Aba club have already asked that Sokari moves immediately to Tunisia.

“Yes, there was a late bid by Ahly but Esperance had moved ahead when they negotiated a deal for the player while the Flying Eagles were still in Germany on a training tour ahead of the World Cup.”

Sokari is highly rated having been capped at U20, Olympic and full international levels. He scored a thunderbolt of a goal against North Korea at the U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Esperance have already signed Nigeria’s Emem Eduok and Christian Pyagbara and have not hidden their interest in Nigeria U20 and U23 striker Taiwo Awoniyi. [/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]EXCLUSIVE: MONACO TO OUTBID PORTO FOR AWONIYI[/size]

Nigeria U20 striker Taiwo Awoniyi has moved closer to joining top French club AS Monaco after they tabled “a far better deal” than what Portuguese club FC Porto are willing to splash on the striker.

AfricanFootball.com has exclusively gathered from one of the agents working on Awoniyi’s transfer that Monaco are now in pole position to sign the highly-rated striker, who scored twice and provided two assists at the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Awoniyi was favourably disposed with starting his pro career in Europe with Porto alongside Chidera Ezeh, who he has played together with since their days at the Nigeria U15 side.

He could well have signed for Porto before the start of the U20 World Cup in May, but his representative and former international Seyi Olofinjana hedged on the deal.

That was enough time for Monaco to put through a better deal financially for the player as well as favourable to his career as he has been promised a place at least in the first-team squad as against starting out with the U19s at Porto.

“Monaco have a far better deal than Porto proposed to Awoniyi and he is now most likely to take up this offer,” a source informed only AfricanFootball.com

“Besides the fact that they have offered far more money than Porto, they have also assured that as soon as the player turns 18 in August, he will be on the first-team squad at Monaco.”

The source further reported: “We are now very close to rapping up the deal for Awoniyi, just a few details and we will be through.”

The 17-year-old Awoniyi has been courted by several top European clubs including Real Bull Salzburg of Austria, Heerenveen in Holland and newly-promoted Kayserispor from Turkey.

Tunisia’s Esperance also want to break the bank for Awoniyi.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
U-23 here I come o. Abeg no disappointment
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
D memory of our defeat to Germany became fresh again when i learn't that d Malians slew d Germans. The pain became fresh again. We just lost a golden chance to write history. Senegal n Mali Go do africa proud.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Let's roll KI10 a.k.a Nacho... Time to storm da Epl... The world awaits...

joseph1013:
[size=14pt]IHEANACHO FOR MAN CITY AUSTRALIA TOUR[/size]

AfricanFootball.com has been informed that Nigeria U20 forward Kelechi Iheanacho will be part of Manchester City’s pre-season tour of Australia and Singapore.

As first reported by AfricanFootball.com, Iheanacho, 18, is poised to join the City first-team squad next season.

He has got his work permit and has made it very clear he wishes to fight for a first-team place against the likes of Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko.

He shone for City in pre-season tour of the United States of America in the last close season.

Incidentally, Iheanacho was in neigbouring New Zealand for the FIFA U20 World Cup.

He returned to Nigeria on Saturday along with other members of the Flying Eagles after they crashed out of the tournament in the Round of 16.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
As much as the deal of Monaco looks better than Porto, Awo and his crew should know FC Porto have a history if developing lethal strikers. He has the quality to become a top striker in Europe. If he is at Porto, he will work with some top coaches and the Porto Coach used to be a U20 coach of Spain and he works well with young players.

I hope they opt to join Porto instead of Monaco. In recent years, we have seen Falcao Garcia, Jackson Martinez and the latest, Vincent Abubakar.

joseph1013:

Nigeria U20 striker Taiwo Awoniyi has moved closer to joining top French club AS Monaco after they tabled “a far better deal” than what Portuguese club FC Porto are willing to splash on the striker.

AfricanFootball.com has exclusively gathered from one of the agents working on Awoniyi’s transfer that Monaco are now in pole position to sign the highly-rated striker, who scored twice and provided two assists at the FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Awoniyi was favourably disposed with starting his pro career in Europe with Porto alongside Chidera Ezeh, who he has played together with since their days at the Nigeria U15 side.

He could well have signed for Porto before the start of the U20 World Cup in May, but his representative and former international Seyi Olofinjana hedged on the deal.

That was enough time for Monaco to put through a better deal financially for the player as well as favourable to his career as he has been promised a place at least in the first-team squad as against starting out with the U19s at Porto.

“Monaco have a far better deal than Porto proposed to Awoniyi and he is now most likely to take up this offer,” a source informed only AfricanFootball.com

“Besides the fact that they have offered far more money than Porto, they have also assured that as soon as the player turns 18 in August, he will be on the first-team squad at Monaco.”

The source further reported: “We are now very close to rapping up the deal for Awoniyi, just a few details and we will be through.”

The 17-year-old Awoniyi has been courted by several top European clubs including Real Bull Salzburg of Austria, Heerenveen in Holland and newly-promoted Kayserispor from Turkey.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
Manchester City Director, Khaldoon Al Mubarak confirmed Man City will bring in some top quality players to strengthen the squad. Nacho fans should not feel this will affect Nacho's chance of breaking into the top squad of City because the coaches Believe Nacho is a top talent and he is as good as any star that will join the squad.

If Nacho will be the best, he should get ready to beat the best to get his first team shirt.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by femi9naija(m): 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
joseph1013:

I love d fact that Seyi Olofinjana is representing this boy. I know Seyi to be disciplined and straight forward. Also takes his education serious. Same features we are seeing in Taiwo too. Nice combo
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good To See The Main Men Of U20 Thread Here, The Likes Of TheGoodjoe, AIG, Supernerd etc. Still Looking Forward To See Safarigirl, mikron, daninya, CFCfan Here Soon. Joseph, I SALUTE YOU, Keep The Good Work Going. Hopefully The Dream Team Wont Disappoint Like The Flying Eagles.
Let The Deliberations, the Arguments And The Analysis Begin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Danycrusoe:
Good To See The Main Men Of U20 Thread Here, The Likes Of TheGoodjoe, AIG, Supernerd etc. Still Looking Forward To See Safarigirl, mikron, daninya, CFCfan Here Soon. Joseph, I SALUTE YOU, Keep The Good Work Going. Hopefully The Dream Team Wont Disappoint Like The Flying Eagles.
yes o, i don show, thanks bro. i was so glad that the malian team defeated the german team. it shows that the coach's formation and selection was the problem and not that we dont have the arsenal to beat germany. kudos to u bro

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
mikron:
yes o, i don show, thanks bro. i was so glad that the malian team defeated the german team. it shows that the coach's formation and selection was the problem and not that we dont have the arsenal to beat germany. kudos to u bro
You Are Welcom. Our Coaches Still Lag Behind When It Comes To Tactical Aspect Of The Round Leather Game. Watching The Game Against Germany, I Couldnt Believe That Was A Team Under The Same Coach Who Built A Team That Won A World Cup Competition By Beating All Comers Albeit Playing Beautiful Football And Scoring Great Goals. The Team Played Like A Sunday Set Football Side Without A Motive. The Tactical Deficiency Of Our Coaches Is Evident In The Super Falcon And Partially In The Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
Back for Awoniyi my darling. So glad he's still got a chance to go to Europe, the boy is too awesome to languish here cheesy. Also happy KC can still meet up with City. Make I dey follow this thread jejely at least. Una well done o

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Danycrusoe:

Yes oo we don chow, even tho u no mention me for your list

I have packed my belonging from th U20 thread to this place.

Bros abeg I fit get #50 naira for your hand? I wan't to pay that taxi driver outside

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Opinion: Coach Samson Siasia should adopt some of the unused players from the U20 team Taiwo Awoniyi, Kelechi Heanacho, Musa Yahaya Simon Moses, Akinjide Idowu, Dele Alampasu and captain Musa muhammed are the sure players the coach should consider and inject into his team

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 6:33am On Jun 15, 2015
samueld0:

Bros abeg I fit get #50 naira for your hand? I wan't to pay that taxi driver outside
i for give u d #50 but d cab man se na POS e de use. Very soon d thread will start bubbling.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2015
Following d recent poor showings(performance) of our national teams at international levels What really is d bane of our Football?
*Your views pls*
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 6:55am On Jun 15, 2015
samueld0:

Abeg no vex, shey u go manage N500? i no too get change 4 hand.
Sori 4 omitting ur name. Accept my humble Apology
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2015
safarigirl:
Back for Awoniyi my darling. So glad he's still got a chance to go to Europe, the boy is too awesome to languish here cheesy. Also happy KC can still meet up with City. Make I dey follow this thread jejely at least. Una well done o
You and dx ur "Ejire" boyfriend sha, lol. Your case x gradually moving towards....
Uhn un datsall
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2015
Danycrusoe:

You and dx ur "Ejire" boyfriend sha, lol. Your case x gradually moving towards....
Uhn un datsall
I don't understand undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2015
samueld0:
Opinion: Coach Samson Siasia should adopt some of the unused players from the U20 team Taiwo Awoniyi, Kelechi Heanacho, Musa Yahaya Simon Moses, Akinjide Idowu, Dele Alampasu and captain Musa muhammed are the sure players the coach should consider and inject into his team
Obinna Nwobodo and Nwakali, you forgot Success too...ya, add em up, and maybe that Ndidi fellow. Truth be told, SiaSia's current team is shiiit
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 8:30am On Jun 15, 2015
safarigirl:
Obinna Nwobodo and Nwakali, you forgot Success too...ya, add em up, and maybe that Ndidi fellow. Truth be told, SiaSia's current team is shiiit
Sorry I 4got to mention Isaac Success.

You are right!! but I doubt if Siasia will want to overhoul his entire team by inviting all this Manu boys, remember Siasia too is a man of pride he's only beter than Keshi with a small magin.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
safarigirl:
I don't understand undecided
I Mean Your interest in ur one n only Taiwo Awoniyi is ever risin by d day.... u dnt seem to relent in ur quest to meet him
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]MAN CITY SHOCKED BY IHEANACHO WORLD CUP SNUB[/size]

EPL side Manchester City are so shocked about the limited playing appearances of both Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali at the FIFA U20 World Cup that they have demanded a technical appraisal of the players from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal City scouting and recruitment operations manager Fergal Harkin has demanded a technical report from the NFF after Iheanacho saw only a total of 83 minutes of action and Nwakali was played for 10 minutes against Germany as the Flying Eagles crashed out of the World Cup in New Zealand.

“City have requested for a technical report of both Iheanacho and Nwakali at the U20 World Cup,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com

“It is now left to be seen if NFF will grant this request.”

This latest move by City could well snowball into a frosty relationship between the EPL side and the NFF.

Earlier this year, City stopped Iheanacho and Nwakali from the African Youth Championship in Senegal.

Iheanacho, who was the MVP of the 2013 U17 World Cup, is expected to join the Manchester City first-team squad come next season and he will be on the team’s pre-season tour of Australia and Singapore, while Nwakali has been sent on loan to Spanish La Liga side Malaga. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 10:37am On Jun 15, 2015
safarigirl:
I Heard That Obinna Nwobodo x being neglected by NFF n its officials, no treatment, no assistance nd care has been rendered to im. dats bad, very bad. You Cant Neglect Your Players And Athletes And Expect Them To Be Patriotic And Give Hundred Per Cent When They Recover From Their SetBacks

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
joseph1013:

EPL side Manchester City are so shocked about the limited playing appearances of both Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali at the FIFA U20 World Cup that they have demanded a technical appraisal of the players from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal City scouting and recruitment operations manager Fergal Harkin has demanded a technical report from the NFF after Iheanacho saw only a total of 83 minutes of action and Nwakali was played for 10 minutes against Germany as the Flying Eagles crashed out of the World Cup in New Zealand.

“City have requested for a technical report of both Iheanacho and Nwakali at the U20 World Cup,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com

This latest move by City could well snowball into a frosty relationship between the EPL side and the NFF.

Earlier this year, City stopped Iheanacho and Nwakali from the African Youth Championship in Senegal.

Iheanacho, who was the MVP of the 2013 U17 World Cup, is expected to join the Manchester City first-team squad come next season and he will be on the team’s pre-season tour of Australia and Singapore, while Nwakali has been sent on loan to Spanish La Liga side Malaga. [/b]
I would be phuckin pissed if I was City as well.

There was no need releasing them, Manu should have told them not to bother. It's an absolute outrage. See guys wey for dey do pre-season just go waste time. It's like Barca releasing Messi and Madrid releasing Higuain only for them to go and snap pictures at a tournament. It's not fresh at all

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
Danycrusoe:

I Mean Your interest in ur one n only Taiwo Awoniyi is ever risin by d day.... u dnt seem to relent in ur quest to meet him
will always be interested in him even if I never get to meet him. I just like him a lot smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
Like? Just like? Lemme help u out here Lady... U 'literally' adore him. In fact, I suspect u've seen him in ur dreams a few times... Anyway, that aside, I saw d post u shared wit me and I was wondering abt sumtin... So I sent u an email. Pls kindly log in and see what it's about. Thanks.

And as 4 u my dear 'AWONIYI', The world await d diamond dat is in u... Keep balling and keep your eyes on d ball... See u at d very top. *smiles*

safarigirl:
will always be interested in him even if I never get to meet him. I just like him a lot smiley
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
Why won't they be? In fact, Who wouldn't be? It's just like inviting Don Moen to a big music concert and we NEVER GET TO SEE HIM PERFORM!!!

What Outrageousness, I tell you.....
An act of Floccipaucinihilipilification, I tell you...
Pls 4give my sesquipedalianism...
WHAT MANU AND UGBADE DID WAS TOTALLY 'UNCREATIVE'... Such "Buffooness" I tell you...

*yeah, yeah, hv a nice laugh* #smiles

joseph1013:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.