Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696436 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
jobsat34:
hi joseph, please i will love to see awoniyi's goal for the U.23 team.. any link to that?

Unfortunately, I dont. Sorry about that. I will keep scurrying and deliver if I see.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Abdullahi: We Showed Resilience[/size]

Mustapha Abdullahi believes Dream Team VI showed great resilience to qualify for the 11th All Africa Games at the expense of their Zambian counterparts after a 2-1 second leg win at the National Heroes Stadium on Sunday.

With Friday Samu cancelling Taiwo Awoniyi's first half opener twelve minutes from time, Abdullahi who was a second half substitute felt it was important they kept their composure in the latter stages before breaking the hearts of the Zambians with a late goal from Awoniyi.

And he reckons the result, which handed the ticket to Nigeria after a 2-1 aggregate win, proved to be a vital one.

“We trained hard before travelling to Lusaka. It was a well deserved feat by the entire team,” Abdullahi told SL10.

“With 10 minutes to go the main thing was to not lose the game and we achieved that.

"We worked our socks off and we came away with a victory which was absolutely vital as we sealed our passage to the main competition in Congo.

“We stuck together and battled hard for the victory.”

Abdullahi, who was called up to the team for the first time, praised coach Samson Siasia and brace hero Taiwo Awoniyi.

“When the coach named the team I was over the moon and when he gave me some minutes it was really amazing. My gratitude goes to him for the chance to prove myself.”

“Taiwo is a great prospect for the future. He has got everything. He is quick, strong, he goes forward with ease and he has got a great future ahead of him,” Abdullahi said.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Dream Team VI Could Face Egypt And Ghana In All Africa Games[/size]

The National U23 Team, the Dream Team VI, will be jostling with Egypt, Senegal, Ghana, Sudan, Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso and host Congo-Brazzaville for the gold medal of this year’s All-Africa Games’ men’s football event.

The Young Pharaohs conquered Burundi with 2-0 wins in each leg, making it 4-0 on aggregate, while Senegal reached the games on the away goals rule at the expense of Mali, following a 2-2 draw in Bamako and 1-1 draw in Dakar.

Ghana edged out Mozambique 2-1 on aggregate after a 2-0 win in Accra on Sunday. They lost 0-1 to the Mozambicans in the first leg. Meanwhile, Sudan, Zimbabwe and Burkina Faso also edged South Africa, Cameroon and Cote d’Ivoire respectively by the same aggregate scoreline.

Cameroon drew 1-1 with Zimbabwe in Yaounde on Sunday after losing the first leg 1-0 in Harare; South Africa failed to qualify after they could only beat Sudan 1-0 following 2-0 defeat in Khartoum and; Burkina Faso forced Cote d’Ivoire to a 0-0 draw in Abidjan after winning the first leg 2-1.

In the women’s event, Nigeria’s Super Falcons will battle with familiar foes Ghana, South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire and Cameroon, as well as Tanzania, Egypt and hosts Congo-Brazzaville for the gold medal.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:10am On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Kingsley Sokari Praises Awoniyi And "Perfect Tactics"[/size]

Enyimba's Kingsley Sokari has hailed the tactics and fighting spirit of the Dream Team VI after defeating Zambia 2-1 in front of their own fans on Sunday in an All Africa Games qualifier.

The Enyimba midfield maestro has singled out Taiwo Awoniyi for special praise after the United Academy striker netted the game's winner four minutes from time.

It was important for the Nigeria Under 23s to start the game against Zambia with calm and composure because they could only muster a goalless draw in the first leg, meaning there was no room for error at the Heroes Stadium.

''It was a good game and we really fought like Nigerians. We lost a little concentration and we conceded in the second half but we scored towards the end,'' said Kingsley Sokari to SL10.ng.

''Taiwo Awoniyi did well during the game. I am impressed with his positioning and the goals he scored.

''The whole team did well. It was a collective effort and we were determined. ''

Regarding the message from coach Samson Siasia before the players stepped onto the turf, Sokari went on to say: ''He said he believes in us that we can make Nigeria qualify for the competition.

''He motivated us before the start of the game. His tactics were perfect.''

The Dream Team VI will return to Nigeria on Tuesday after accomplishing their mission in Lusaka.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:11am On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Arsenal To Loan Out Iwobi Next Season[/size]

Nigeria Under-23 invitee Alex Iwobi will be loaned out by Arsenal next season to aid his development. Staying behind with the gunners might stifle his growth as he won't be guaranteed playing time.

Although he will be actively involved in the team's pre-season progress in the summer, SL10.ng has gathered that a decision has been taken for him to go on loan before the start of next season instead of staying with the team where he might only get to play in the less intense Capital One Cup games.

The Nephew to former Super Eagles captain Austin Okocha has six goals in 12 Under 21 games this season, which is a marked improvement on the previous campaign, when he failed to score in 11 appearances at that level.

Championship sides are already queuing up for the winger-turned-striker. After his goal scoring run in the past few games he was moved to the central striker role following Chuba Akpom's loan move to Nottingham Forest.

Last week Iwobi scored a hat-trick but the manner in which he took all three of his goals was hugely impressive and lent credence to the claim that, despite being deployed mainly on the flanks during his formative years at the club, the 18-year-old could have a future as a central striker.

The Hale End product has previously made the bench for the senior side in the Champions League and the Capital One Cup and has trained regularly with Arsene Wenger’s squad this campaign.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:14am On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Sanusi Hails Dream Team’s Qualfication For All Africa Games[/size]

General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation Mohammed Sanusi has congratulated Nigeria’s U23 men’s football team, the Dream Team VI, after they qualified for the 2015 All Africa Games.

The Nigerian U23’s defeated their Zambian counterparts 2-1 on aggregate, with Flying Eagles striker Taiwo Awoniyi the hero, scoring the goals that propelled Nigeria to the championship.

Sanusi has hailed the team for qualifying and making the country proud.

“They have done well and they have done the country proud by qualifying for the All Africa Games. It is something we are proud of and that means we’ll get full representation at the All Africa Games.

“It was difficult at first after they failed to win the first leg and there was a bit of doubt but thank God they went away and got the win we required.”

The Dream Team’s win came after the Super Falcons also secured passage to the All Africa Games on Friday after they dismantled Mali 8-0 in Abuja.

And Sanusi also says it is a good thing to have the Falcons qualifying for the Games.

“Thank God the Falcons too have qualified for the All Africa Games and this shows we are making progress and hopefully we will do well there.”
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:15am On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Arsenal Whizkid Iwobi Cites Nigeria Legend Okocha As His Role Model[/size]

Arsenal midfielder Alex Iwobi has spoken about the influence of retired Nigeria international Austin Okocha on his career.

And the 18-year-old, who has dazzled fans in recent games for The Gunners youth team, is hoping to follow in the footsteps of the ex Bolton Wanderers icon.

The former England youth international shone in the 4 - 1 win over Stoke City a week ago by netting his first - ever hat-trick for Arsenal's Under 21 squad.

"He's a brilliant player, a legend for Nigeria and a legend in the Premier League," Iwobi told arsenal.com.

"He's influenced me because he’s taught me a lot of things, he’s been through a lot of things in his career.

"He's told me what to do, how I should do things, and has been a big inspiration to me."

The teenager added: "It would be nice to be like a young Jay-Jay as he was very skilful and an attractive football player.

"I would like to base my game around him but I’d also like to have that unique game.

"He says, 'don’t be shy to express yourself, always be yourself. Listen to your coaches but try to be yourself at the same time'."

Just like his uncle, Austin Okocha, Alex Iwobi has pledged to represent Nigeria internationally, and he's now waiting for Fifa to give him the green light to make his debut.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia Says His Job Has Just Begun[/size]

Dream Team VI Coach, Samson Siasia, has stated that his job with the U23’s is only just getting started, after they qualified for the 2015 All Africa Games.

The Nigerian U23’s defeated Gabon 6-1 on aggregate in the first qualifying round, and then last weekend beat the Zambia U23’s 2-1 on aggregate to book a place at the All Africa Games in Congo Brazzaville.

And Siasia says his job has only just gotten tougher with their qualification.

“This is where the job starts,” he said. “Qualifying is just one phase of it, the real phase starts after you have qualified.

“This is where we need to balance the team, get several friendly games and many other things in place because we want to do well in the tournament.

“So this is where the work starts and we have to make the best use of this period to prepare adequately,” he said.

This qualification means Nigeria makes a return to the games after missing out of the last two editions, and Siasia reckons they must do well in Brazzaville.

“We have to do well this time because we have missed out previously and we must prepare well for it,” Siasia added.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia: Flying Eagles And Dream Team Stars To Help Resurrect Fallen Super Eagles[/size]

With the Super Eagles going through a rough patch at the moment, former coach of the team and current Nigeria U23 coach, Samson Siasia says the current signs show that the former African champions will rise up again.

Siasia, who handled the Super Eagles between 2010 and 2011, says that, with the current crop of players coming through at both the U20 and his U23 teams, the signs are good for Nigerian football and predicts that players from both teams will dominate the Super Eagles in the “nearest future”.

“What we have now is good,” he began. “Good for the individual teams (U20 and U23) and also good for the country.

“The quality of players coming through now is encouraging and I think it will show in the Super Eagles soon.

“A lot of these boys will make up the Super Eagles team in the nearest future and that is a good thing because it will make our team stronger.

“We just have to be a little patient and give the boys some time and I believe they will get to that level,” he said.

There seems to be a lack of real quality in the present Super Eagles side, which has been attributed to the team’s recent struggles.

But with the quality of players coming through from both age-grade teams, especially the Flying Eagles, it gives some hope of a better future.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia targets AAG Gold, hails Awoniyi[/size]

Coach Samson Siasia has said he hopes to lead Nigeria to win football gold at the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo-Brazzaville.

Nigeria first and only AAG triumph was achieved in 1973 on home soil.

But Siasia, lifted by his team’s spirited win in Zambia at the weekend, said the target now is to go all the way and strike gold in Congo.

“We hope to be African champions. Why qualify if you don’t want to win it?” a bullish Siasia declared.

“We will work hard, get better and go to the tournament to win it.

” The team is just four month old, still growing. We will play some matches before the All Africa Games and we will be better. This team and the U20s have shown that the future of the Super Eagles is bright."

Siasia will also single out two-goal hero in Lusaka Taiwo Awoniyi, the U20 striker who was drafted to the Olympic team only this month, for special praise.

“He has a bright future because he is a good boy and he has not allowed his successes to get the better of him,” he saluted. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria U23 may face Ghana for Olympics football ticket[/size]

Coach Samson Siasia’s men have been handed a tough pairing enroute the 2015 Caf U23 Championship which serves as gateway to the 2016 Olympic Games
Nigeria’s Dream Team V1 will face either Ghana/Liberia or Congo in the third round of the 2015 Caf U23 Championship qualifying series.

The 2015 Caf U23 Championship billed for Senegal in December acts as qualification to the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football for the Confederation of African Football, with the top three teams qualifying and the fourth placed finisher playing in a play-off against a team from the Asian Football Confederation.

The Black Meteors will slug it out with the winner between Liberia and Congo in second round and may likely face Samson Siasia’s team in the third round for a ticket to the Caf U23 Championship.

According to Caf, all players participating in the preliminary and final tournament of U23 African Championship shall be born on or after 1 January 1993.

The first edition of the quadrennial African Youth football showpiece was first staged in Morocco in 2011 with Gabon emerging as champions after silencing the hosts in the final.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:36am On Apr 16, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Nigeria U23 may face Ghana for Olympics football ticket[/size]

Coach Samson Siasia’s men have been handed a tough pairing enroute the 2015 Caf U23 Championship which serves as gateway to the 2016 Olympic Games
Nigeria’s Dream Team V1 will face either Ghana/Liberia or Congo in the third round of the 2015 Caf U23 Championship qualifying series.

The 2015 Caf U23 Championship billed for Senegal in December acts as qualification to the 2016 Summer Olympics men’s football for the Confederation of African Football, with the top three teams qualifying and the fourth placed finisher playing in a play-off against a team from the Asian Football Confederation.

The Black Meteors will slug it out with the winner between Liberia and Congo in second round and may likely face Samson Siasia’s team in the third round for a ticket to the Caf U23 Championship.

According to Caf, all players participating in the preliminary and final tournament of U23 African Championship shall be born on or after 1 January 1993.

The first edition of the quadrennial African Youth football showpiece was first staged in Morocco in 2011 with Gabon emerging as champions after silencing the hosts in the final.
[/b]

Nigeria will make it through. I know.
But why is CAF fond of pairing Nigeria with Ghana for Olympics qualifiers?
Nigeria and Ghana have the highest pedigree in Africa when youth football is concerned. These two teams should always b seeded away from each other. If Nigeria plays Ghana then who would likes of Mali, Egypt or Cameroun play? Likes of Ethiopia, South Africa and Botswana?
CAF and Ojoro. I wont be surprised if Issa Hayatou's Cameroun will play against a team like Sudan.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:57am On Apr 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Road to Rio 2016 kicks off for African football[/size]

The long journey for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is taking off this weekend for the African continent, with the kick-off of the CAF U-23 Championship Senegal 2015 qualifiers.

The second edition of the eight-team qualifying competition to the Summer Olympics men’s football tournament (5-19 December 2015) was to be hosted by the Democratic Republic of Congo, who later withdrew over political reasons and were replaced by Senegal.

The top three finishers will represent Africa in Rio de Janeiro at the 2016 Olympic Games.

The first round of the qualifying campaign will see Botswana and Kenya, Rwanda and Somalia, and Ghana and Liberia battle in a two-legged affair, while Sierra Leone and Mauritania already booked their spot in the next round following the withdrawal of Guinea-Bissau and Libya.

Sixteen nations drew a bye in the first round, with Congo, Cameroon, Mali, Zambia, Uganda, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Tunisia and Sudan to kick off their campaign in the second round and Nigeria, Algeria, Gabon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, South Africa and Morocco in the third round.

Botswana will host Kenya in Lobatse on Friday, with Rwanda welcoming Somalia in Kigali on Saturday and Liberia travelling to Tamale to face the ‘Black Meteors’ on Sunday.

The return legs will take place two weeks later.

CAF U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP SENEGAL 2015 QUALIFIERS – FULL SCHEDULE

FIRST ROUND (24/26 April – 8/10 May)

Botswana v Kenya

Rwanda v Somalia

Ghana v Liberia

SECOND ROUND (22/24 May – 29/31 May)

Ghana/Liberia v Congo

Sierra Leone v Cameroon

Mauritania v Mali

Botswana/Kenya v Zambia

Rwanda/Somalia v Uganda

Zimbabwe v Swaziland

Tunisia v Sudan

THIRD ROUND (17/19 July – 31 July/2 August)

Nigeria v Ghana/Liberia/Congo

Algeria v Sierra Leone/Cameroon

Gabon v Mauritania/Mali

Côte d’Ivoire v Botswana/Kenya/Zambia

Egypt v Rwanda/Somalia/Uganda

Zimbabwe/Swaziland v South Africa

Morocco v Tunisia/Sudan [/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia: I’m busy Monitoring My Players[/size]

National U-23 Eagles coach Samson Siasia has told Complete Sports that he is busy working on how the team will excel at the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo having defeated Zambia 2-1 in Lusaka to qualify for the football event of the competition.

Speaking to Complete Sports yesterday, the dark complexioned former Super Eagles handler said he is also busy monitoring the players that will make the team to the competition as he assured that the team will be better than what it was during the qualifying period.

Siasia who was part of the Super Eagles team to the 1994 FIFA World Cup in the United States of America has also promised that Nigeria will excel in the competition.

“The qualifying series are over and we are all looking forward to the All Africa Games proper, but I must tell you that I am busy now preparing for the competition and part of what I am doing is monitoring the players. I need to know their form, mental ability and readiness for the competition”, says the former Nantes FC of France.

“We are also going to make sure that the team is stronger than what we saw during the qualifying series because the tournament itself will see tough teams in attendance.

Meanwhile, the National U-23 Eagles are likely to play the likes of Ghana, Egypt and Senegal during the competition.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:41pm On May 04, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Ghana to play Congo for Dream Team[/size]

Ghana will play Congo-Brazzaville for the right to face Nigeria’s Dream Team in the final qualifying round for this year’s African U-23 Championship.

The Black Meteors drilled Liberia mercilessly for a 7-1 aggregate win in the first round and will next host the Devils, who drew a bye, before flying to Brazzaville for the return leg, later this month.

Ghana, Africa’s first medallists at the Men’s Football Tournament of the Olympics (bronze at Barcelona 1992), defeated the Liberians 2-0 in the first leg in Tamale and won the second leg (also played in Tamale because of fears of the ebola virus) 5-1.

Nigeria, Algeria, Gabon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, South Africa and Morocco (who played at the 1st African U-23 Championship in Morocco in 2011, alongside new hosts Senegal) have drawn byes into the final round of qualifying.

In the second round slated for this month, Sierra Leone (who benefitted from Guinea Bissau’s withdrawal) will play Cameroon, while Mauritania (who gained from Libya’s withdrawal) will confront Mali.

Botswana, which swept Kenya aside 3-0 in the first leg of their first round fixture, will travel to Nairobi this weekend hoping to dig their feet into the ground at the Kasarani Sports Complex.

Rwanda will play Somalia in Nairobi as well, after winning the first leg 2-0 in Kigali, as Somalia is not allowed to host matches at home in troubled Mogadishu. The winner will play Uganda later this month, and the overall winner to tackle Egypt.

The winner between Zimbabwe and Swaziland later this month will take on South Africa’s Amaglug-glug, while Morocco awaits the winner between Tunisia and Sudan.

The 2nd African U-23 Championship will take place in Senegal, December 5-19.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:46pm On May 04, 2015
Well at least by that time some of the U20 boys would have progressed into the U23s. I believe Nigeria should make it to the Olympics.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 04, 2015
Icon4s:
Well at least by that time some of the U20 boys would have progressed into the U23s. I believe Nigeria should make it to the Olympics.
Yup. ..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:30am On May 11, 2015
[b][size=14pt]SL10 Chats To Samson Siasia[/size]

The Dream Team VI resumes camp on May 25, ahead of the qualifiers for the 2015 CAF U23 championship slated for Senegal. The Nigerian U23 will face either the Black Meteors of Ghana or Congo Brazaville in the third and final round of the qualifiers. And ahead of their resumption to camp and ahead of the qualifiers, sl10.ng speaks with Dream Team VI Coach, Samson Siasia in this exclusive interview. The former Super Eagles striker talks about their All Africa Games qualification, the CAF U23 championship qualifiers, and the 2016 Olympic Games. Enjoy.

Sl10: Coach thanks a lot for giving us your time again. Let’s start by congratulating you for the All Africa Games qualification and you also telling us your plans for the team when you resume later this month.

Siasia: Thank you very much. I said after we qualified for the All Africa Games that the work is just starting now because we have to go to the games and do well, then we have the CAF U23 championship qualifiers, the championship itself, and the big one – the Olympic Games. So this is where it all begins and we have to start working in earnest.

Sl10: You started last November with a screening exercise. Is it going to be the same this time?

Siasia: No. we’ve gone past that now. Of course we’ll still have some new players come in, those we think can make the team better but there won’t be an open screening exercise. We have the semblance of a team now – a structure so to speak – and we must build on that. We can’t afford to be starting afresh again. The only thing we’ll do is bring in new players we have seen that we think can make us better because it’s an ongoing process.

Sl10: Does these new players include the U20 lads?

Siasia: Of course. They are in my plans and I will watch their games at the U20 World Cup and the best of them will join us when they’re done. It’s natural for them to progress from the U20 to the U23. Remember I did it too when I was the U20 coach and later the U23 coach. It’s a Nigerian team and not a Siasia team. If we think anybody is good enough, we will bring them in but the U20 boys are definitely in my plans.

Sl10: You’re impressed by them (U20) aren’t you?

Siasia: Of course I am. Who doesn’t like good things? We brought Taiwo (Awoniyi) in before our last game against Zambia, he came in and scored two goals for us so I have to be impressed. I will be following them at the World Cup and I hope they do well and better than we did in 2005. I want them to go on and win the tournament for us. If they do, it will be glory to Nigeria and we must understand that whenever a national team wins, it is for the country.

Sl10: So can you give us the names of the players you’re eyeing from the U20 as Awoniyi seems a sure bet?

Siasia: I will tell you after the (U20) World Cup (laughs)

Sl10: So you’re facing either Ghana or Congo Brazaville in the final round of qualifiers for the U23 championship. Any of them could prove very difficult for your team don’t you think?

Siasia: Yes because both countries have very good youth systems and they produce good players at this level. But we can’t be thinking about them now, we have to think about ourselves first and get ourselves ready to face any of them. We noticed some defects in our team during the All Africa Games qualifiers and these are the things we must work on before the U23 championship qualifiers.

Sl10: The U23 championship leads to the Olympic Games. Seeing that Nigeria failed to qualify the last time, does this put you under pressure?

Siasia: First I have to say it’s not easy coaching a Nigerian national team because the fans expect so much so that alone puts some pressure irrespective of the team you’re handling. But as a task on its own, I don’t think it puts any pressure on me because this is what we signed up for and this is what we want to do so it will come and we will take care of it.

Sl10: Thank you so much for your time coach

Siasia: Thanks a lot.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:07am On May 22, 2015
[size=14pt]Ex Flying Eagles Star Michael Olaitan Returns To Olympiakos[/size]

Ex Flying Eagles star Michael Olaitan has returned to parent club, Olympiakos, following the end of his loan agreement with Ergotelis.

The attacker was farmed out on loan in the winter transfer market until the end of the 2014 - 2015 season to enable him get some match time under his belt following his return to full fitness after the unfortunate incident against Panathinaikos.

Regarding that, the 22 - year - old enjoyed relative success at Ergotelis if you consider that he had not kicked a ball in an official game for close to 11 months prior to his move to the Pankritio Stadium.

Michael Olaitan appeared 12 times ( 6 starts) in the Super League, scoring once against Panionios.

He has a contract with the back - to - back Greece champions for two more years.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:58pm On May 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia Names Dream Team Squad For Olympic Qualifier[/size]

The head coach of the U23 National Team, Samson Siasia, has released a list of 30 players who are to take part in a training camp ahead of the Africa U23 Championship qualifying game against either Ghana or Congo.

It is the beggining of the road that will hopefully lead to Olympic qualification for Siasia's Dream Team.

The squad will undergo their first training session on the 1st of June according to the Nigeria Football Federation's official website. The qualifying fixture against the winner of a match between Ghana and Congo is set to take place in the month of July.

Dream Team 30-player squad:

GOAL KEEPERS

DANIEL EMMANUEL – RANGERS

ABIODUN AKANDE - 3SC

YUSUF MOHAMMED - KANO PILLARS

DANIEL EMMASON - AKWA UTD

DEFENDERS

OBANOR ERHUN - ABIA WARRIORS

SEGUN ODUDUWA - NATH BOYS

SINCERE SETH - SUPREME COURT

IROHA EBUKA - DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY

SANI FAISAL - ABUJA FOOTBALL ACADEMY

ANIYIKAYE ADELEYE - GABROS FC

CHISOM KISITO - DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY

EKPO GODWIN - UNATTACHED

MIDFIELDERS

AZUBIKE OKECHUKWU - BAYELSA FC

TIONGOLI TONBARA - BAYELSA FC

FREEDOM OMOFOMAN - WARRI WOLVES

USMAN MOHAMMED - TARABA FC

EKPO DANIEL - DOLPHINS FC

OKEKE UCHE – ENYIMBA FC

DANIEL ETOR – ENYIMBA FC

SUNDAY GABRIEL – DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY

UBONG EKPAI – KANO PILLARS

ETEOBONG ELISHA - ESPERANCE

CHRISTOPHER GEORGE JENOM – GABROS FC

STRIKERS

PETER ONYEKACHI – ENYIMBA FC

OGHENEKARO ETEBO – WARRI WOLVES

JUNIOR AJAYI – 3SC FC

AKINBULE AYONFE – GATEWAY FC

WILLIAM MEMME - UNATTACHED

MOSES OMODUEMUKE - UNATTACHED

IYORHE LUTER BENJAMIN – TARABA FC
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigsam2010: 1:47am On May 23, 2015
There is a secret of how to win a sportbet, that most stakers does not know. Most people want to win big at once, while I always take my time to calculate very well and win little day-by-day.

After all my researches and calculations, I found MERRYBET to be the best to make cool money among all other sportbet companies here in Nigeria.

Follow me on my Merrybet Link (http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate197881), create, fund your account and let us begin a cool deal.

After creating and funding your account with merrybet, try to download an ICQ CHAT on your Desktop, Laptop or mobile phone. Create an account with your merrybet username. Search for my PIN NO. 672549047 and add me

Note: Only a registered member on my Merrybet affilliate link with be accepted.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Siasia Names Dream Team Squad For Olympic Qualifier[/size]

The head coach of the U23 National Team, Samson Siasia, has released a list of 30 players who are to take part in a training camp ahead of the Africa U23 Championship qualifying game against either Ghana or Congo.

It is the beggining of the road that will hopefully lead to Olympic qualification for Siasia's Dream Team.

The squad will undergo their first training session on the 1st of June according to the Nigeria Football Federation's official website. The qualifying fixture against the winner of a match between Ghana and Congo is set to take place in the month of July.

Dream Team 30-player squad:

GOAL KEEPERS

ABIODUN AKANDE - 3SC

YUSUF MOHAMMED - KANO PILLARS

DANIEL EMMASON - AKWA UTD

DEFENDERS

OBANOR ERHUN - ABIA WARRIORS

SEGUN ODUDUWA - NATH BOYS

SINCERE SETH - SUPREME COURT

IROHA EBUKA - DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY

SANI FAISAL - ABUJA FOOTBALL ACADEMY

ANIYIKAYE ADELEYE - GABROS FC

CHISOM KISITO - DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY

EKPO GODWIN - UNATTACHED

MIDFIELDERS

AZUBIKE OKECHUKWU - BAYELSA FC

TIONGOLI TONBARA - BAYELSA FC

FREEDOM OMOFOMAN - WARRI WOLVES

USMAN MOHAMMED - TARABA FC

EKPO DANIEL - DOLPHINS FC

OKEKE UCHE – ENYIMBA FC

DANIEL ETOR – ENYIMBA FC

UBONG EKPAI – KANO PILLARS

STRIKERS

OGHENEKARO ETEBO – WARRI WOLVES

JUNIOR AJAYI – 3SC FC

WILLIAM MEMME - UNATTACHED

MOSES OMODUEMUKE - UNATTACHED

IYORHE LUTER BENJAMIN – TARABA FC
[/b]

Chai! This our U23 team sef. Mtcheew.
Waiting for when the real team will b called up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:32am On May 23, 2015
Icon4s:

Chai! This our U23 team sef. Mtcheew.
Waiting for when the real team will b called up.

I hope Keshi has plans of including players like: Kenneth Omeruo, Aaron Samuel, Michael Olaitan, Abdul Ajagun, Imoh Ezekiel, Kenedy Otigba, Alex Iwobi. Nothing wrong in going for players like Jordon Ibe, and Chuba Akpom. Atleast 5 members of the current U20 team should make the squad. For me thèse are the real U23 prospects. Thé best of those home boys he shortlisted should add up the numbers.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:27am On May 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia to pick the best for AAG, Olympics[/size]

Head Coach of the men’s U-23 National Team, Dream Team, Samson Siasia has said that only the bestý legs within and outside the country will eventually make his final team to both the All Africa Games and the Rio Olympics.

Speaking after releasing the list of 30 players selected for camping in preparation for the Olympic Games qualifying match against the winner between Ghana and Congo in July, Coach Siasia said he and his technical crew selected some new faces to team up with the old players so as to give every Nigerian within the age limit a chance to showcase their talent and fight for a place in the team.

While revealing that the list did not include players who are with the U-20 Team in New Zealand for the FIFA U-20 World Cup, the former Super Eagles’ Head Coach said: “These players will all join up with the rest of the squad after the U-20 World Cup, and that was the reason why we invited these new set of players so as to give the technical crew ample time to assess them and prune down the team before the arrival of the U-20 players later in June.”

Siasia added that he also intends to have a look at a number of overseas-based players who should be free as their leagues will soon be coming to an end, and those found to be good enough will join the team.

Assuring Nigerians that he and his technical crew will not rest on their oars until they pick the Olympics ticket and also win the All Africa Games Men’s Football Tournament gold, Coach Siasia added that his team is work in progress and Nigerians should feel free to contribute positively to the development of the team.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:50am On May 27, 2015
kudos to you for your tireless efforts Joseph1013.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:10pm On May 27, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia: Why I Invited Glo League Players[/size]

The coach of Nigeria's U-23 side, Samson Siasia, has given reasons why he decided to invite players based in Nigeria for camping ahead of the 2015 All Africa Games in Congo and the Olympic Games qualifiers.

Speaking with completesportsnigeria.com from America, Siasia who is expected to be back in Nigeria next week, said the unavailability of some of the players he planned to invite forced him to start up with the locally based ones.

"I need to star because most of the players we have in mind are in the Super Eagles and Flying Eagles," the former Super Eagles coach told completesportsnigeria.com. "But if the crop of players from the league prove their worth, why not?

"Olympic qualifiers are there, likewise the All AfricaGames, they will equally be useful for these tournaments."

Meanwhile, Siasia's team could be meeting the Black Meteors of Ghana in the next round of the Olympic qualifiers.
In Saturday's first leg played inside the Accra Sports Stadium, Ghana pipped Congo Brazzaville 1-0.

The winner between Ghana and Congo will face Nigeria for the Olympic qualifying tournament.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 27, 2015
Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia expects tougher challenges ahead as his team seeks to land a ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

Nigeria would face the winner between Ghana and Congo in order to qualify for the final qualifying tournament that would hold in Senegal between 28 November and 12 December 2015.

"The Olympics ticket is not child’s play. I have been there before and I know it’s not easy to win the Olympics ticket,” Siasia told Goal.

“But with hard work, determination and the full support of everybody, I know we have the materials that will win the ticket and also go far in the competition," said Siasia who led Nigeria to silver at Beijing 2008.

The former Super Eagles handler said he has had contact with some undisclosed Europe-based players that are eligible and within the age bracket whom he would extend invitation to as soon as the camping of his team commences.

Siasia is expected to arrive in Abuja today as preparations continue for the ticket which Nigeria failed to get for the London 2012 Olympics.

Caf announced on Wednesday that Senegal would host the African U23 Championship which will throw up the qualifiers for Rio 2016.

The tournament would be played at the Léopold Sedar Senghor Stadium in Dakar and the Caroline Faye Stadium in M’Bour.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:20am On May 28, 2015
Olympics Ticket is Not Child’s Play - Siasia.
The Nigeria U23 coach has told Goal that hard work is needed by his boys and technical crew to land the ticket for Rio 2016 as camping resumes.
Nigeria U23coach Samson Siasia expects tougher challenges ahead as his team seeks to land a ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
Nigeria would face the winner between Ghana and Congo in order to qualify for the final qualifying tournament that would hold in Senegal between 28 November and 12 December 2015.
"The Olympics ticket is not child’s play. I have been there before and I know it’s not easy to win the Olympics ticket,” Siasia told Goal.
“But with hard work, determination and the full support of everybody, I know we have the materials that will win the ticket and also go far in the competition," said Siasia who led Nigeria to silver at Beijing 2008.
The former Super Eagles handler said he has had contact with some undisclosed Europe-based players that are eligible and within the age bracket whom he would extend invitation to as soon as the camping of his team commences.
Siasia is expected to arrive in Abuja today as preparations continue for the ticket which Nigeria failed to get for the London 2012 Olympics.
Caf announced on Wednesday that Senegal would host the African U23 Championship which will throw up the qualifiers for Rio 2016.
The tournament would be played at the Léopold Sedar Senghor Stadium in Dakar and the Caroline Faye Stadium in M’Bour.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/12147902

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Congo, Tunisia, Zambia and Zim keep Rio hopes alive[/size]

Congo, Tunisia, Zambia and Zimbabwe booked their spot for the final round of 2015 U-23 African championship qualifiers on Sunday.

The quartet follows in the footsteps of Mali, Sierra Leone and Uganda, who extended their Olympics journey with aggregate wins over Mauritania, Cameroon and Rwanda respectively on Saturday.

Defeated 1-0 by Ghana in Accra in the first leg of this second qualifying round, Congo levelled matters in Pointe-Noire thanks to Sylvere Ganvoula’s 29th minute winner, before defeating the Black Meteors 5-4 on penalties.

Ghailane Chaalali and Yassine Meriah helped Tunisia to a 2-0 away win over Sudan in Al-Ubayyid, to see the North-Africans cruise to the next round 3-0 on aggregate, while Zambia managed to finish the job at home against Botswana, sealing a convincing 2-0 victory in Lusaka after their 1-1 draw in Lobatse a week ago.

Meanwhile, Zimbabwe got past Swaziland on away goals, drawing 2-2 in Lobamba after being held 0-0 in Harare in the first leg.

The third round of qualifiers will take place on 17-19 July and 31 July-2 August, with the seven aggregate winners to join Senegal for the final battle for Rio 2016.

2015 U-23 African Championship qualifiers – second round results

Saturday 30 May 2015

Uganda 2-0 Rwanda
Cameroon 1-1 Sierra Leone
Mali 3-1 Mauritania

Sunday 31 May 2015

Zambia 2-0 Botswana
Swaziland 2-2 Zimbabwe
Sudan 0-2 Tunisia
Congo 1-0 Ghana

2015 U-23 African Championship qualifiers – Third round schedule

Nigeria v Congo
Algeria v Sierra Leone
Gabon v Mali
Côte d’Ivoire v Zambia
Egypt v Uganda
Zimbabwe v South Africa
Morocco v Tunisia [/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia Charges New Invitees To Justify Invitation[/size]

Head Coach of the U-23 National Team, Dream Team, Samson Siasia has charged the newly invited players to brace up to the challenge of justifying their invitation to the national camp as they should not see their invitation as a tea party.
Addressing the players at dinner at their Serob Hotel Camp, the head coach said the team does not have time on its hands before they take on Congo in the final qualifying fixture for the African U-23 Championship, and as such, any player who does not live up to the challenges ahead will be sent packing immediately.
Disclosing that Congo will not be a walk in the pack, Coach Siasia said he will use one week to access the new players as he expects some overseas based professional players to join up with the team before the middle of the month.
Meanwhile, aside the Warri Wolves' duo of Oghenekaro Etebo and Freedom Omofonma, and Ubong Ekpai of Kano Pillars who is presently with the Super Eagles preparing for the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad, the remaining 27 invited players have arrived camp beating the Monday deadline handed down by Coach Siasia.
The players already in camp are:
GOAL KEEPERS
ABIODUN AKANDE- 3SC
YUSUF MOHAMMED- KANO PILLARS
DANIEL EMMASON- AKWA UTD
DEFENDERS
OBANOR ERHUN- ABIA WARRIORS
SEGUN ODUDUWA- NATH BOYS
SINCERE SETH- SUPREME COURT
IROHA EBUKA- DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY
SANI FAISAL- ABUJA FOOTBALL ACADEMY
ANIYIKAYE ADELEYE- GABROS FC
CHISOM KISITO- DIAMOND FOOTBALL ACADEMY
EKPO GODWIN- UNATTACHED
MIDFIELDERS
AZUBIKE OKECHUKWU-BAYELSA FC
TIONGOLI TONBARA-BAYELSA FC
FREEDOM OMOFOMAN-WARRI WOLVES
USMAN MOHAMMED-TARABA FC
OKEKE UCHE – ENYIMBA FC
DANIEL ETOR – ENYIMBA FC
STRIKERS
JUNIOR AJAYI – 3SC FC
MOSES OMODUEMUKE- UNATTACHED
IYORHE LUTER BENJAMIN – TARABA FC[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
Birmingham City Youngster Could be Heading to Next Year's Olympics.
Birmingham City prodigy Viv Solomon-Otabor has been handed a trial by Nigeria who could be off to Brazil.
Birmingham City youngster Viv Solomon-Otabor
Young Birmingham Citystarlet Viv Solomon-Otabor could be on the road to Rio after being invited to trial with the Nigerian national team.
The trials are in preparation for Nigeria’s Olympic qualifiers ahead of the Olympic Games in 2016.
Solomon-Otabor is yet to make a first team appearance for Blues but did make progress in Richard Beale’s Under 21 set-up last season.
Blues' Viv Solomon- Otabor in action against Nuneaton Town's Theo Street during the Birmingham Senior Cup final
Blues took up a one-year professional option on 19-year-old Solomon-Otabor last month and he will be hopeful of impressing Gary Rowett when he trains with the first team squad during pre-season.
Talented winger Solomon-Otabor joined Blues from the Crystal Palace academy in 2012.
www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-youngster-could-heading-9400604

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Birmingham City Starlet Viv Solomon-Otabor Called Up To Nigeria U23s Squad[/size]

Birmingham City’s Viv Solomon-Otabor has been invited to train with Nigeria’s Olympic National Team, the Dream Team VI, ahead of their African Under 23 Championship qualifier against Congo in July.

The winger had been on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation for some time now after he was recommended to the coaches by their scouting network.

At first it was thought that the 19 - year - old would train with the Flying Eagles in their build - up to the Fifa Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand.

While he was invited by word of mouth, Birmingham City did not sanction his trip to Africa because they were not officially informed of the trials.

This time around, Nigeria Under 23s coach, Samson Siasia, had dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s by officially calling him up for the get - together in Abuja.

Viv’s dad, Victor-Banks Otabor, represented the great Bendel Insurance before he relocated his family to the United Kingdom in search of the proverbial golden fleece.

allnigeriasoccer.com/[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.