Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696395 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

To be honest this is my first time hearing that one but who am i to go against ur personal opinion...rock on.
hahaha
i know everyone will say it is the english league but i am just not a fan of the english game
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
joseph1013:

Bros, where did you get that? Are you referring to the Italian league of 90s or that of 2015? If it is for this decade, you will need to provide citations before we continue.
i know the english league is currently the best but i am just not a fan of the league
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
tbaba1234:

Not true...
i know but it is just my opinion
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Icon4s:
Hey guys! Celebrate with me as I welcome a new member of my household.Our God is Faithful! cheesy
congrats sir
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
I Just Have To Come Out Of Ghost Mode To Say Congratulations To Mr Icons For The Arrival Of The New Baby.
But Sir, Why Not Let Her Become A Footballer Because If She Taps Into Your "Football Blood" And Beautiful Soccer Analysis, She May Become A Combo Of Cynthia Uwak, Precious Dede, Perpetua Nkwocha, Stella mbachu, Asisat oshoala,etc and becum a world beater, 'Marta who?'. #justkiddin.
But Whatever She Choses, She Is Already A World Beater, A Champion.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
enomakos:
hahaha
i know everyone will say it is the english league but i am just not a fan of the english game

I'm more Spain.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:04am On Feb 12, 2016
Granada Star, Isaac Success on Watford's Radar

Granada Star, Isaac Success on Watford's Radar

 Biyi Akangbe  7 hrs ago  News, Transfers, Watford

SoccerNet Nigeria
Watford have set the wheels in motion for a summer move for Nigeria youth international Isaac Success, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

The Hornets have started planning for life without their prolific frontman Odion Ighalo ahead of the start of next season and have beamed their searchlight on the highly-rated Granada starlet as his replacement.

Watford, Udinese and Granada are all owned by the Pozzo family and it is envisaged that negotiations over Success’s transfer to Vicarage Road will be fruitful.

That said, the ex-Golden Eaglets sensation has made his wishes known in advance, that he would move to the English Premier League club if his wages are increased and paid a hefty signing on fee.

For this season, Isaac Success is being paid €20-30,000 every month at Granada, more than double the sum he received during his first year in Andalusia.

It will be unnatural for Odion Ighalo to remain at Vicarage Road at the close of the 2016 summer transfer market, with the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal showing interest in his services.

The Super Eagles star has said that it doesn’t make sense joining an EPL side similar to Watford and will only join a top-four side.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:50am On Feb 12, 2016
^^^^
@News above.

I Don't know how concrete this is but it would be great to see Isaac Success join The pozzo family's best performing clubside.

The other two, Granada and Udinese are just there.

This is how Odion Ighalo left Granada for Watford and we know the rest.

Well, Football is not like that shaa.... It's certainly no mathematics but I feel Isaac would blossom better under watford's coaches than @Granada.

But also, for this move to work, It means Odion will have to leave Watford in the summer which is most likely.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
^^^^
@News above.

I Don't know how concrete this is but it would be great to see Isaac Success join The pozzo family's best performing clubside.

Well, Football is not like that shaa.... It's certainly no mathematics but I feel Isaac would blossom better under watford's coaches than @Granada.

But also, for this move to work, It means Odion will have to leave Watford in the summer which is most likely.

With his ability to play the wing he could have been brought in this past January. The problem will be his Granada replacement. Also how will this work will the Pozzo's pay 20 million to themselves?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
^^^^
@News above.

I hope the Success to Watford deal pulls through. Then we know Success is under a manager who has worked with Some Super Strikers. Aguero and Forlan worked under Quique Sanchez Flores, when Atletico Won the Europa League. He also coached David Villa and David Silva when he coached Valencia.

By the way, Success should shave off that Brown Bear Bear.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

With his ability to play the wing he could have been brought in this past January. The problem will be his Granada replacement. Also how will this work will the Pozzo's pay 20 million to themselves?

The company is a business separate from the owner.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
tbaba1234:

Still the company owns all 3 clubs.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
tbaba1234:

I see it as them giving him a raise because they don't want to miss the bigger payday, in reality Watford is an Ighalo away from being Granada.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Deyinbo: 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:25am On Feb 13, 2016
Interesting stuffs......#smiles

Wow! That Sanchez Flores is one "hell" (or heaven..... Anyone) of a coach....

So he worked with Aguero, Forlan and El-Gueje (The Kid) too?? Awesome!!! Wickedly Wicked Strikers they all turned out to be.

El-Gueje is David Villa by the way.... #smiles (I loved calling him that because of spanish writers).

Abeg, This move "Must" work... We need to see THE RISE OF "THE BEAST". There's a dimension to his game the world is yet to see.

Read he's being considered for National team invitation ahead of the Egypt Afcon double header.

As for his beard, well I'll say, "His beard, His business" *winks*

TheGoodJoe:

I hope the Success to Watford deal pulls through. Then we know Success is under a manager who has worked with Some Super Strikers. Aguero and Forlan worked under Quique Sanchez Flores, when Atletico Won the Europa League. He also coached David Villa and David Silva when he coached Valencia.

By the way, Success should shave off that Brown Bear Bear.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:36am On Feb 13, 2016
Well, you're right about his ability to play from either wings.

He's an intelligent Striker who can work his way through challenges or pass defenders.

With that in mind, he could play alongside Ighalo but all the same, I think the possibility of a Success-to-watford deal is based on replacing Ighalo.

But YET, I would love to see Success in Watford in Ighalo's presence or absence.

As for your question which is kinda funny, I think Sir Tbaba1234 has said it all. *smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:43am On Feb 13, 2016

Portland Timbers 2 Player
Akinjide Idowu

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:53am On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Granada CF
Oliseh spies on Success, Arsenal loanee Akpom
[/size]

Isaac Success - Under consideration by Eagles coach Oliseh

by Samm Audu

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has been looking at several new players like Granada striker Isaac Success and Chuba Akpom, who is on loan to Hull City from Arsenal.

According to NFF technical committee chairman Chris Green, Oliseh has been working hard in Europe shopping for the players who will do Nigeria proud in next month’s AFCON double-header against Egypt.

“Oliseh is looking at players like Isaac Success and Chuba Akpom for the match against Egypt,” disclosed Green.

Young striker Success, for one, has established himself at La Liga side Granada this season after he was a late withdrawal from the country's squad to last year's U23 AFCON in Senegal.

Green further disclosed that Oliseh will appear before his technical committee to defend his choice of players for the showdown against Egypt.

“Oliseh will appear before us in Abuja. We must assist him to beat Egypt,” said the top official, who revealed that his committee members have rescinded a decision to quit following the recent tirades of the Eagles coach.
africanfootball.com//news/610862/Oliseh-spies-on-Success-Arsenal-loanee-Akpom
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:56am On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 El Kanemi Warriors
CHAN star Ifeanyi Matthew has won Eagles place - Oliseh
[/size]

Ifeanyi Matthew
by Samm Audu

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said midfielder Ifeanyi Matthew has played his way into the main Super Eagles after he picked him as his best player at the recent CHAN in Rwanda.

Oliseh has said at least seven players from CHAN 2016 led by Matthew have proved they are good enough for the full international team.

“From CHAN, it is no secret that Ifeanyi Mathew was our best and most consistent player there.

Personally, he is one of the players I am looking at for the Super Eagles,” disclosed Oliseh.

“I just hope he does not lose form or suffer any injury.
“We had at least seven very good players from CHAN who can stand up to the high level because I put them through high tempo play.”

The 19-year-old Matthew, playing as the second defensive midfielder, was an ever-present as Nigeria crashed out in the group stage of the CHAN.

The versatile player has already represented Nigeria at U17and U20 levels.

The Eagles coach further disclosed his plans for next month’s crucial AFCON qualifiers against Egypt.

He said: “I plan to invite two players for each wing and they will fight it out in training. The player who is more ready will play.

“I will not see home-based or foreign-based player when they hit camp.”
africanfootball.com//news/610914/CHAN-star-Ifeanyi-Matthew-has-won-Eagles-place-Oliseh
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:07am On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
'Pep will love working with Iheanacho'
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho

Manchester City great, Paul Dickov, believes Pep Guardiola will be delighted at the prospect of working Nigerian starlet, Kelechi Iheanacho.

The Bayern Munich trainer will replace Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the current season having led the Bavarians to successive German titles.

Iheanacho has scored eight goals in all competitions for City this season across all competitions and Dickov believes Guardiola will be excited at the prospect of taking the young Nigerian under his wings.

"Pep will be watching Iheanacho and will be excited about the prospect of managing him.

"I remember when Pep was at Barcelona, he got rid of Yaya Toure to bring a young Sergio Busquets in. At the time, people thought he was crazy to do it but it proved the right decision.

"All the youngsters at City now, with the way the club's going and the investment they've had in the academy, are starting to believe they'll get their chance. As much as they can go and buy the top players in the world, they want to bring through top talent as well," Dickov told ESPNFC.

The former City striker then identified Iheanacho’s humility as one of the factors which could shoot him to an even more meteoric rise under Guardiola’s management.

"I think he could be a top, top player," he said. "The thing I like the most is the humility he's got.

For a young kid coming through, he scored his hat-trick against Villa and when you listen to his interviews after, or any interviews he's done, he's very mature for his age off the pitch and it also shows on the pitch.

"I've played up front on my own and throughout my career and it's really difficult. For him to come into the team and play that lone striker role - not just his goals, his all round play - shows he has the making of a top player there.

"If you speak to people at the club they say he's a hard worker who wants to learn all the time and he's always asking questions. I've watched him playing at under-21 games over the last 18 months and you can tell he's a [good] player,” he said.

Current City boss, Pellegrini, says he allowed forwards Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to leave at the start of the season because of his confidence in Iheanacho and Dickov believes it was an astute decision.

"A lot of questions were asked about Manuel at the start of the season about why they didn't sign another striker. I know from within the club they felt they didn't have to because Kelechi was there and ready to go.

"He's forced himself into the team. It's a massive confidence boost to pair him with Aguero for a Premier League match (against Sunderland) and he'll take that confidence in his stride as well," he said.
www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?Id=3394454
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:21am On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Adegbenro,Udoh score in Viking big win
[/size]

Samuel Adegbenro

Nigeria’s Samuel Adegbenro and new signing Aniekpeno Udoh were among the goals as their Norwegian club Viking thrashed Bryne 4-1 in a pre-season friendly on Wednesday.

Adegbenro netted a brace, while Udoh hit target once.

Aniekpeno Udoh

Former Kwara United forward Adegbenro restored parity for Viking in the 24th minute at 1-1.

In the 33rd minute, Udoh gave his team a 2-1 lead.
Adegbenro completed a brace in the 52nd minute to take the scores to 3-1.

Adegbenro was substituted in the 75th minute with Stian Roka Michalsen.

Aniekpeno Udoh gave way to fellow Nigerian, Suleiman Abdullahi, in the 46th minute, while the fourth Nigerian in the team, Usman Saleh, replaced Patrick Pedersen in the 78th minute.
mtnfootball.com/news/610388/Adegbenro-Udoh-score-in-Viking-big-win
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Interesting stuffs......#smiles

Wow! That Sanchez Flores is one "hell" (or heaven..... Anyone) of a coach....

So he worked with Aguero, Forlan and El-Gueje (The Kid) too?? Awesome!!! Wickedly Wicked Strikers they all turned out to be.

El-Gueje is David Villa by the way.... #smiles (I loved calling him that because of spanish writers).

Abeg, This move "Must" work... We need to see THE RISE OF "THE BEAST". There's a dimension to his game the world is yet to see.

Read he's being considered for National team invitation ahead of the Egypt Afcon double header.

As for his beard, well I'll say, "His beard, His business" *winks*

David De Gea was also in that Atletico team. He was a teenager then but his talent was obvious.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Granada CF
Oliseh spies on Success, Arsenal loanee Akpom
[/size]

Isaac Success - Under consideration by Eagles coach Oliseh

by Samm Audu

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has been looking at several new players like Granada striker Isaac Success and Chuba Akpom, who is on loan to Hull City from Arsenal.

According to NFF technical committee chairman Chris Green, Oliseh has been working hard in Europe shopping for the players who will do Nigeria proud in next month’s AFCON double-header against Egypt.

“Oliseh is looking at players like Isaac Success and Chuba Akpom for the match against Egypt,” disclosed Green.

Young striker Success, for one, has established himself at La Liga side Granada this season after he was a late withdrawal from the country's squad to last year's U23 AFCON in Senegal.

Green further disclosed that Oliseh will appear before his technical committee to defend his choice of players for the showdown against Egypt.

“Oliseh will appear before us in Abuja. We must assist him to beat Egypt,” said the top official, who revealed that his committee members have rescinded a decision to quit following the recent tirades of the Eagles coach.
africanfootball.com//news/610862/Oliseh-spies-on-Success-Arsenal-loanee-Akpom
[/b]

Glad to see the NFF Technical committee and Coach Oliseh put their differences aside to work together.

Coach Oliseh should see the technical committee as his team and not a pull him down crowd. They are all working for the growth of Nigerian football. Just as they all contributed as players and coaches.

#EgyptOnMyMind
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Nigeria Premier League 2016 El Kanemi Warriors
CHAN star Ifeanyi Matthew has won Eagles place - Oliseh
[/size]

Ifeanyi Matthew
by Samm Audu

Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said midfielder Ifeanyi Matthew has played his way into the main Super Eagles after he picked him as his best player at the recent CHAN in Rwanda.

Oliseh has said at least seven players from CHAN 2016 led by Matthew have proved they are good enough for the full international team.

“From CHAN, it is no secret that Ifeanyi Mathew was our best and most consistent player there.

Personally, he is one of the players I am looking at for the Super Eagles,” disclosed Oliseh.

“I just hope he does not lose form or suffer any injury.
“We had at least seven very good players from CHAN who can stand up to the high level because I put them through high tempo play.”

The 19-year-old Matthew, playing as the second defensive midfielder, was an ever-present as Nigeria crashed out in the group stage of the CHAN.

The versatile player has already represented Nigeria at U17and U20 levels.

The Eagles coach further disclosed his plans for next month’s crucial AFCON qualifiers against Egypt.

He said: “I plan to invite two players for each wing and they will fight it out in training. The player who is more ready will play.

“I will not see home-based or foreign-based player when they hit camp.”
africanfootball.com//news/610914/CHAN-star-Ifeanyi-Matthew-has-won-Eagles-place-Oliseh
[/b]

Remember Usman Mohammed in your kingdom. That guy was another shinning light at the CHAN.

The promotion of Ifeanyi Matthew will give young home based players hope to work hard to break into the Super Eagles. Good Development.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55am On Feb 13, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
'Pep will love working with Iheanacho'
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho

Manchester City great, Paul Dickov, believes Pep Guardiola will be delighted at the prospect of working Nigerian starlet, Kelechi Iheanacho.

The Bayern Munich trainer will replace Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the current season having led the Bavarians to successive German titles.

Iheanacho has scored eight goals in all competitions for City this season across all competitions and Dickov believes Guardiola will be excited at the prospect of taking the young Nigerian under his wings.

"Pep will be watching Iheanacho and will be excited about the prospect of managing him.

"I remember when Pep was at Barcelona, he got rid of Yaya Toure to bring a young Sergio Busquets in. At the time, people thought he was crazy to do it but it proved the right decision.

"All the youngsters at City now, with the way the club's going and the investment they've had in the academy, are starting to believe they'll get their chance. As much as they can go and buy the top players in the world, they want to bring through top talent as well," Dickov told ESPNFC.

The former City striker then identified Iheanacho’s humility as one of the factors which could shoot him to an even more meteoric rise under Guardiola’s management.

"I think he could be a top, top player," he said. "The thing I like the most is the humility he's got.

For a young kid coming through, he scored his hat-trick against Villa and when you listen to his interviews after, or any interviews he's done, he's very mature for his age off the pitch and it also shows on the pitch.

"I've played up front on my own and throughout my career and it's really difficult. For him to come into the team and play that lone striker role - not just his goals, his all round play - shows he has the making of a top player there.

"If you speak to people at the club they say he's a hard worker who wants to learn all the time and he's always asking questions. I've watched him playing at under-21 games over the last 18 months and you can tell he's a [good] player,” he said.

Current City boss, Pellegrini, says he allowed forwards Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic to leave at the start of the season because of his confidence in Iheanacho and Dickov believes it was an astute decision.

"A lot of questions were asked about Manuel at the start of the season about why they didn't sign another striker. I know from within the club they felt they didn't have to because Kelechi was there and ready to go.

"He's forced himself into the team. It's a massive confidence boost to pair him with Aguero for a Premier League match (against Sunderland) and he'll take that confidence in his stride as well," he said.
www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?Id=3394454
[/b]

Big compliments coming from another attacking great player. Even bigger when it is coming from a Manchester City great.

Nacho needs to continue working hard. He has a lot of responsibility now with Silva, Nasri and De Bruyne out. Manchester City is depending on Nacho to bring in the creative brilliance we know he has.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Remember Usman Mohammed in your kingdom. That guy was another shinning light at the CHAN.

The promotion of Ifeanyi Matthew will give young home based players hope to work hard to break into the Super Eagles. Good Development.

I just love what Keshi started which Oliseh happens to continue with; giving opportunity to well deserved promising home stars will mean you don't necessarily move to obscure leagues abroad to get a look in by the national team handlers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Lokomotiv Moscow In Advanced Talks With NK Olimpija Ljubljana Over Signing Of Henty Ezekiel
[/size]

Slovenian PrvaLiga side NK Olimpija Ljubljana have confirmed they are in advanced talks with Lokomotiv Moscow over the transfer of Henty Ezekiel.

NK Olimpija Ljubljana are hoping that the transfer of the former AC Milan youth-teamer will be finalized in the next two or three days, stressing that there are still loose ends of the deal to be tied up.

A product of Flying Sport Academy, Ezekiel made his breakthrough in Europe in 2015, scoring 12 goals in total for NK Olimpija Ljubljana.

The 22-year-old did not make a first-team appearance at AC Milan and was farmed out on loan to Spezia and Perugia in order to get him used to the rigours of Italian football.

Nigeria internationals Peter Odemwingie and Victor Obinna have played for the Railwaymen in the past.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17892
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Abia Warriors Working On Deal To Sign Dream Team Star Chizoba Amaefule
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Nigeria Professional Football League side Abia Warriors are working on a deal to sign Dream Team VI star Chizoba Amaefule.

The former Dolphins and Al-Markhiya SC man is among the players training with the Abia Warriors squad at their get-together in Omoku, Rivers State ahead of their season opener against Ikorodu United.

If Amaefule can agree personal terms with the Umuahia-based club, he is expected to append his signature to a one-year contract.

The 21-year-old has been a long-term target for Abia Warriors, with the club missing out on his signature prior to his switch to Al-Markhiya SC in January 2015.

The Nigeria Under-23 international, who is a free agent, earlier stated that he would not turn down a move to Abia Warriors and Heartland.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17898
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Paul Onuachu Strikes For FC Midtjylland As Fit Again Rilwan Hassan Makes Starting XI
[/size]

Dream Team VI striker Paul Onuachu registered his name on the score sheet for FC Midtjylland in their 4-2 victory over AC Horsens in their final test game on Saturday afternoon.

The lanky forward gave the Superliga champions a dream start by scoring in the third minute before Kristoffer Olsson increased the lead eight minutes before the intermission.

In the second half, Vaclav Kadlec and Martin Pusic were on target for FCM, while Lasse Kryger found the net for AC Horsens.

The exciting winger Rilwan Hassan, who has struggled with injuries for most part of this campaign, made the starting XI as well as Paul Onuachu.

FC Midtjylland and their Nigerian contingent will return to action next Thursday when they face Manchester United in a Europa League Round of 32, first leg.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17901
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
terzurum5:

I just love what Keshi started which Oliseh happens to continue with; giving opportunity to well deserved promising home stars will mean you don't necessarily move to obscure leagues abroad to get a look in by the national team handlers.

If only the NFF members will allow it continue. They were the ones that told Coach Keshi to stop using home based players. This reduced the quality of players in our National team.

I wonder what they thought making such a decision.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
Chidozie Awaziem started in Porto 2-1 league win against Benfica.. A center back for the under 23 and even the super eagles. His League Debut
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
With Chidozie's highly rated debut against Benfica, he will start more games.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.