Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696448 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Where did I blame the NFF for the situation? Are you just making up things that comes to you? I said the NFF should help him get out of the modern day slavery. Is that blaming the NFF to you?

The club officials seized his passport and prevented him from traveling to see his family during an international break because they want to force him to a club against his wish.

He had a disciplinary issue. That does not give the club the right to treat Emem as a slave.

Esperance is wrong here. I have not blamed the NFF. I said, they should assist a player out of a terrible and heartless situation. They young man can not cope with the lifestyle of Tunisia. Is it Saudi Arabia he would cope with?

U said they will not help, thus blaming them for not helping. He chose to go to Tunisia and even shunned a team in Europe. How can they help him? he signed a contract and they can sell him if they want, he has the right not to sign off on any deal, no gun was pulled out and he is not in jail or anything, so for u to say he is in any type of slavery is a complete disrespect for the word and the pain and surfering that accompanies it. All we heard was one side that didn't even give us an explanation for his 'night club' incident. So u can't even prove the club is wrong.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U said they will not help, thus blaming them for not helping. He chose to go to Tunisia and even shunned a team in Europe. How can they help him? he signed a contract and they can sell him if they want, he has the right not to sign off on any deal, no gun was pulled out and he is not in jail or anything, so for u to say he is in any type of slavery is a complete disrespect for the word and the pain and surfering that accompanies it. All we heard was one side that didn't even give us an explanation for his 'night club' incident. So u can't even prove the club is wrong.

[b]To blame someone of an act is to put the fault on that person. I meant, instead of the NFF showing their talent on Coach Oliseh, they should help Emem out of the situation.

Emem is not against leaving. If Esperance FC does not want him again, he is ready to leave their club for them.

The problem is they want him to go to where he does not want to go to. That is like Barcelona saying they want to sell Neymar to a Chinese club because the offer is mind blowing. If Neymar does not want to make that deal and Barcelona seizes his passport. Tell me the Brazilian FA will keep quiet.

Emem Eduok has said no to the Saudi Arabian deal. So, Esperance has no right to force him. This is not a debate.

You can not stop a player from going to where he wants to go on international break. He wanted to see his family and the club refused. Is that not wicked and heartless?

Man City did not want Kompany to travel for an international game for a qualifier. Kompany insisted he would travel. Did Man City seize his passport?

The NFF should intercede on the matter and make the battle less tough for Emem's camp. [/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mikel Obi, still unbeaten under Guus Hiddink.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[b]To blame someone of an act is to put the fault on that person. I meant, instead of the NFF showing their talent on Coach Oliseh, they should help Emem out of the situation.

Emem is not against leaving. If Esperance FC does not want him again, he is ready to leave their club for them.

The problem is they want him to go to where he does not want to go to. That is like Barcelona saying they want to sell Neymar to a Chinese club because the offer is mind blowing. If Neymar does not want to make that deal and Barcelona seizes his passport. Tell me the Brazilian FA will keep quiet.

Emem Eduok has said no to the Saudi Arabian deal. So, Esperance has no right to force him. This is not a debate.

You can not stop a player from going to where he wants to go on international break. He wanted to see his family and the club refused. Is that not wicked and heartless?

Man City did not want Kompany to travel for an international game for a qualifier. Kompany insisted he would travel. Did Man City seize his passport?

The NFF should intercede on the matter and make the battle less tough for Emem's camp. [/b]

How could they seize what they already had? No team can force a transfer just lke Ighalo he would be in China if he signed but he didn't and now the rest his history.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

How could they seize what they already had? No team can force a transfer just lke Ighalo he would be in China if he signed but he didn't and now the rest his history.

They did not seize it but held on to it instead of releasing it to him when he wanted to travel. You can dance around it but you know they are wrong here.

Now you see how you exposed yourself. That is what happens when you defend wrong. You said no team can force a transfer. That is what Esperance is doing. Esperance wants to force him to Saudi Arabia. So if you want the NFF to continue wallowing in their incompetence, keep supporting them.

The agent spoke in plain English, I have to write, give scenarios for you to grasp that Esperance is practicing modern slavery. Your even calling NFF interfering petty.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

They did not seize it but held on to it instead of releasing it to him when he wanted to travel. You can dance around it but you know they are wrong here.

Now you see how you exposed yourself. That is what happens when you defend wrong. You said no team can force a transfer. That is what Esperance is doing. Esperance wants to force him to Saudi Arabia. So if you want the NFF to continue wallowing in their incompetence, keep supporting them.

The agent spoke in plain English, I have to write, give scenarios for you to grasp that Esperance is practicing modern slavery. Your even calling NFF interfering petty.

Really? Is he in Saudi? He is still an Esperance player. This is common practice offers come and it is the players choice. They can always keep him and not play him like Adebayor with the spurs. Look at Navas who was almost sold for De Gea, he didn't want to leave madrid he even cried so are u saying madrid was practicing slavery by in all sense of ur defination forcing him to go to Man U? What about Di Maria with real, Castilas with real, Every player LVG sent away from Man U, did they want to leave? I guess now u should be blasting all their federations.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Really? Is he in Saudi? He is still an Esperance player. This is common practice offers come and it is the players choice. They can always keep him and not play him like Adebayor with the spurs. Look at Navas who was almost sold for De Gea, he didn't want to leave madrid he even cried so are u saying madrid was practicing slavery by in all sense of ur defination forcing him to go to Man U? What about Di Maria with real, Castilas with real, Every player LVG sent away from Man U, did they want to leave? I guess now u should be blasting all their federations.

As I said before you come up with irrelevant points. Who is talking about playing time? Did Emem's agent say they are begging Esperance to play him?

Who said he is in Saudi Arabia? Not me and definitely not Emem's agent. So where did you get that point from.

Simple, Emem does not want to go to Saudi Arabia. He does not want the deal. If they like, let them offer him half of Dubai and Doha, he does not want.

So Esperance should not force him there. Was Navas forced by Real Madrid to where he does not want? So why bring it up?

You just said no club can force a player to another club. So which one is common practice.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

“So, when we went to the club’s office on the 15th of January to pick up Emem’s passport, they put an offer in front of us and asked that he signed it. In all my years of working in football, I’ve never seen a situation where a club transfers a player without informing him and allowing him to negotiate his personal terms.

“So, as I said earlier, we refused the offer outright.
“Yes, Emem Eduok, has a contract with Esperance, but he cannot be sold without our consent. This is indeed akin to human trafficking, and I cannot allow that under my watch.”... Ojore Oka, Emem's England based agent.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:33am On Feb 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

“So, when we went to the club’s office on the 15th of January to pick up Emem’s passport, they put an offer in front of us and asked that he signed it. In all my years of working in football, I’ve never seen a situation where a club transfers a player without informing him and allowing him to negotiate his personal terms.

“So, as I said earlier, we refused the offer outright.
“Yes, Emem Eduok, has a contract with Esperance, but he cannot be sold without our consent. This is indeed akin to human trafficking, and I cannot allow that under my watch.”... Ojore Oka, Emem's England based agent.

It was a loan move explaining why no personal terms needed to be discussed. The agent is fact bending to draw sympathy. He was not sold so how does human trafficking make its cameo? The truth is Emem was a bad boy and now the team want him gone at least for now till tensions die down. In the process they also run a business and thus want to sell him for a profit this is no diffent from Brown Ideye with westbrom who was almost sold to a middle eastern club. Infact now i am thinking they have no case with fifa. Look at Victor Valdes with man u he stayed in England i'm guessing not because he wanted to even after LVG said he wasn't going to play we still saw him at the games, u can't just move how u want when u are signed with a club.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:17am On Feb 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It was a loan move explaining why no personal terms needed to be discussed. The agent is fact bending to draw sympathy. He was not sold so how does human trafficking make its cameo? The truth is Emem was a bad boy and now the team want him gone at least for now till tensions die down. In the process they also run a business and thus want to sell him for a profit this is no diffent from Brown Ideye with westbrom who was almost sold to a middle eastern club. Infact now i am thinking they have no case with fifa. Look at Victor Valdes with man u he stayed in England i'm guessing not because he wanted to even after LVG said he wasn't going to play we still saw him at the games, u can't just move how u want when u are signed with a club.

Story. They want to send him out on loan and he has no contact with the Saudi Club. You said no personal terms is discussed during loans. His agent does not know about the deal. That is ridiculous.

Go and check out the negotiations that took place between Adebayor and Tottenham when Man City wanted to loan him to Tottenham. Adebayor stalled the deal because of his wages. So how can you say it explains why no personal terms were discussed.

When Man Utd wanted to loan Anderson to Flamengo of Brazil, Anderson rejected the move because he did not believe Flamengo will meet up with his bills.

So it is easy for you to shout Emem is a bad boy because he went clubbing but it is hard for you to say the truth that Esperance is wrong.

As I said, you come up with things that enters your head.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21am On Feb 08, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Who said Emem wants to move how he wants? If you do not understand, reread the article before talking anyhow. Emem did not ask to leave. The clubs wants him to leave. If Esperance wants him out of their club, they should follow the right channel. Is Emem Eduok begging them to keep him.

Simple, a club can not push a player to were they want without player.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:20am On Feb 08, 2016
Isaac Success needs to improve his end product. So much good work spoilt with his end product.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:55am On Feb 08, 2016
^^^ This only means one thing: Success has deteriorated. He used to be very prolific and have excel in decision making. It further supports the theory that playing time for youngsters is overrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:58am On Feb 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Story. They want to send him out on loan and he has no contact with the Saudi Club. You said no personal terms is discussed during loans. His agent does not know about the deal. That is ridiculous.

Go and check out the negotiations that took place between Adebayor and Tottenham when Man City wanted to loan him to Tottenham. Adebayor stalled the deal because of his wages. So how can you say it explains why no personal terms were discussed.

When Man Utd wanted to loan Anderson to Flamengo of Brazil, Anderson rejected the move because he did not believe Flamengo will meet up with his bills.

So it is easy for you to shout Emem is a bad boy because he went clubbing but it is hard for you to say the truth that Esperance is wrong.

As I said, you come up with things that enters your head.

I guess when u r so wrong u start up with personal attacks. This is getting redundant, i proved my point a while ago so u can stay in that same 'i must be right' mindstate as for me, i'm moving on.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
joseph1013:
^^^ This only means one thing: Success has deteriorated. He used to be very prolific and have excel in decision making. It further supports the theory that playing time for youngsters is overrated.

Isaac Success is in the wrong club. Period!

He is better than in that Granada he is playing. Playing with excellent players, excellent coaching crew and excellent facilities brings out the best in a young player. His agent should help him out of that club fast before he goes the way of Macauley Crisantus. Or better still he goes back to Udinese.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
joseph1013:

He has improved but he needs better coaching now to reach a higher level. He disturbed Real madrid players a lot but his end product was often disappointing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho Beats Ighalo To Complete Sports Player Of The Month
[/size]
Manchester City youngster Kelechi Iheanacho has been voted Complete Sports Player of the Month for January.

It was a close contest between Iheanacho and Watford forward Odion Ighalo, as he polled 32 per cent to Ighalo's 28 per cent of the votes of Complete Sports readers and Comple tesportsnigeria.com users.

On his part, Chisom Chikatara, who was the outstanding player for the home-based Eagles at the just concluded Africa Nations Championship, received just two per cent of the votes.

Iheanacho had a very good January.
On Saturday 9 January, Iheanacho was on target for Manchester City, who beat Norwich 3-0 in the FA Cup. Iheanacho scored the second goal for City.

In the game against struggling Aston Villa on Saturday 16 January, Iheanacho created an assist for Sergio Aguero in a 4-0 win. He later went off for Yaya Toure on 57 minutes.

On Saturday 23 January, City played against West Ham in the EPL which ended 2-2. Iheanacho was introduced for Fabian Delph with 14 minutes remaining in the game.

And on Saturday 30 January, Iheanacho grabbed his first ever hat-trick as City demolish Aston Villa 4-0 in an FA Cup fifth round tie.

And as a reward for his excellent display, Pellegrini included him in City's Champions League squad ahead of the round of 16 fixtures.

Four goals in January for a youngster is no mean feat.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-beats-ighalo-to-complete-sports-player-of-the-month/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
Icon4s:

He is better than in that Granada he is playing. Playing with excellent players, excellent coaching crew and excellent facilities brings out the best in a young player. His agent should help him out of that club fast before he goes the way of Macauley Crisantus. Or better still he goes back to Udinese.

He and his team had a good game they lost 2-1 to real madrid. Isaac had a good game but it could have been better if he finished up on his smart and hard work. This game was very close. Remember real beat a team 10-2. Isaac might leave next year but he shouldn't just go anywhere because la liga is a top league he gets to play Messi twice a year and who knows he could go to barca just like Turan n Vidal.
I am surprised udinese didn't call him back cuz they've not been doing good this season they are in the same position as granada.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:24am On Feb 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
PELLEGRINI’S QUEST FOR NIGERIAN: Man City stop Iheanacho
[/size]
• To give ex-Eaglet improved contract

Manchester City would now hand Kelechi Iheanacho an improved contract after news emerged that outgoing boss Manuel Pellegrini wants to take the young Nigeria striker with him when he departs the Etihad Stadium this summer.

The Citizens, who had been comfortable about Iheanacho being forced to wait on an improved contract, according to SiaS sources, however, have no intention of letting the starlet leave and are confident they can quickly agree a vastly-improved five-year deal with the player.

The 19-year-old has three years remaining on his present £20,000 a week deal, but is currently in the middle of an ongoing dispute between two rival agencies who are both claiming to represent him.

Iheanacho has scored eight goals in 19 matches this season and recently scored a hat-trick in the 4-0 FA Cup victory at Aston Villa.

Sources said Pellegrini is expected to snub an offer to return as Chile national team coach in favour of managing a Premier League side and has been linked with the Chelsea and Manchester United jobs.

The South American took a gamble when he promoted Kelechi Iheanacho to City’s first team just before the start of this season, and the Nigerian has repaid his faith by netting eight goals from 19 matches across all competitions.
thenationonlineng.net/pellegrinis-quest-for-nigerianman-city-stop-iheanacho/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:38am On Feb 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho, Osimhen, Nwakali, Sadiq: Is the next Golden Generation here?
Imhons Erons
[/size]

For many football fans, it has been difficult going from watching Austin Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu, Rashidi Yekini and George Finidi perform their magic weekly to enduring the sights of Christian Obodo, Victor Agali and Pius Ikedia and now to glancing at the likes of Dele Alli, and Jordon Ibe with envy. But are we about to witness another talented generation capable of taking us back to the golden era?

Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets have won the last two editions of the U-17 World Cup, in the process throwing up truly talented youngsters like Kelechi Iheanacho, Musa Yahaya and the Nwakali brothers. And with the likes of Moses Simon, Umar Sadiq, and even Ahmed Musa all on the tender side of twenty, it’s beginning to look like the dawn of another exciting generation for the nation’s most beloved sporting event.

At the 1990 African Cup of Nations in Algeria, where Nigeria got to the final and came agonizingly close to lifting the trophy, only two players in that Super Eagles squad (Friday Elahor and Andrew Uwe) plied their trade abroad.

Four years later, by the time Nigeria won the AFCON title and appeared at her first World Cup in the United States, most of the national team players were playing regular football at top clubs in Europe.

That was the bedrock of Nigeria's Golden Generation in the 90s.
And by the time the Dream Team won the gold medal at the Olympic Games in 1996, Nigeria’s football was at its ultimate peak.

Victor Ikpeba was a royalty in Monaco; Nwankwo Kanu had signed for Inter Milan;Taribo West was an ironman at Auxerre and would go on to play for both Milan giants; Sunday Oliseh and Austin Okocha were earning rave reviews in the Bundesliga; and Emmanuel Amuneke was being courted by Barcelona.

That, sadly, was the last time any Nigerian fan was this excited about Nigerian youngsters.
Thankfully, it’s de ja vu all over again.

After a lengthy dry period when no Nigerian player was deemed talented enough to star for Europe’s best sides, save for Mikel Obi at Chelsea, the football gods have decided to smile good fortune on our football again. European giants are now fighting once again for the signatures of Nigerian footballers.

Kelechi Iheanacho is showing what he can do at Manchester City. Victor Osimhen could have signed for any top side from Barcelona to Arsenal before he decided on Wolfsburg.

Two Nigerian teen stars recently struck deals to join English side Arsenal when they turn 18. And if not that CSKA Moscow was a couple of million pounds greedy in the last transfer window, Ahmed Musa would have joined Victor Moses, Emmanuel Emenike and Peter Odemwingie in the English Premier League.

The good times are back again.
The 2017 AFCON and 2018 World Cup may come a bit too early for some of these boys and any manager in charge of the national side may have to make do with the other ageing stars. However, when these youngsters finally come of age, their generation may finally return Nigerian football to that enviable height that the set of 1994 so excitingly took it.

And the long wait would have been worth it.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/02/iheanacho-osimhen-nwakali-sadiq-is-next.html
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
Will K. Iheanacho Still be accommodated in Man City if this Squad is imported to England under P. Guardiola?

[b][size=14pt]
Pogba, Alaba, Stones? How Manchester City could line up under Guardiola
[/size]

By Ewan Roberts

Feb 2, 2016 09:15:00

The Spaniard will move to the Etihad Stadium at the end of the season on a three-year contract, and with £250 million in the transfer kitty they could soon be unrecognisable

GOAL ANALYSIS

With Pep Guardiola confirmed as the new manager of Manchester City, his tenure beginning in the summer, attention can now turn to what the Premier League can expect to see from football’s most thoughtful and risk-tasking coach. Granted a free reign, total backing and a transfer pot of around £250 million, there will be huge changes on the way at the Etihad Stadium.

In his first season as first-team coach of Barcelona, Guardiola cut loose the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco and Giovani dos Santos to instill more discipline in the camp, placing greater emphasis on the club’s La Masia academy and returning Barca to their tiki taka roots. Similarly, at Bayern, he made signing playmaker Thiago Alcantara a priority as he turned die Roten’s possession style all the way up to 11.

Now he faces perhaps his biggest challenge, taking over a team in something of an identity flux under Manuel Pellegrini and with several older heads on the verge of being phased out. Guardiola will undoubtedly be active in the transfer market, but the extent to which he will decide to re-shape the squad is up in the air. Check out just a few of the potential formations City could line up in next season, featuring several new faces…
ONLY MINOR TWEAKS NEEDED?

City are already a title-challenging side with world-class players in every area of the pitch – from goalkeeper to attack – so, despite the likely funds at Guardiola’s disposal, it is not a given that he will look to plunder the transfer market as soon as he takes charge. It was not until his second season at Bayern, for example, that he bolstered the side’s Spanish contingent with three of his countrymen.

With a solid base already in place, it may take as little as two signings to re-shape the team in their new manager’s image while also providing the hordes of young talent lurking at the club the opportunity to shine. Alan Pardew has suggested Guardiola might need to “adapt” to the Premier League, and not straying too far from the setup that has worked so well for Pellegrini seems like a safe strategy.

Yaya Toure is expected to depart in the summer, leaving Fernandinho as the midfielder best suited to Guardiola’s brand of football, while the 45-year-old is thought to have been consulted about the signing of Kevin De Bruyne – a player City have always thought of as capable of playing a deeper, Steven Gerrard-like role.

The signing of a player such as David Alaba could be enough to begin the transition from Pellegrini’s style to Guardiola’s, simultaneously solving an often problematic left-back position but granting the Austrian freedom to roam into midfield, as he does for Bayern, dictating tempo and ramping up the side’s possession control. On the right flank, long-term target Leroy Sane could offer the directness and finishing that Jesus Navas does not, but while still retaining the width that stretches opposition defences to breaking point.

EXPERIMENT WITH A BACK THREE

Guardiola is famous for his rather eccentric formations – trying to guess how Bayern will line up pre-match from the team sheet alone is asking for trouble – and he frequently uses a back three. But that is a tactic which has not always worked in the winger-heavy Premier League, with teams exploiting the space left down the flanks, but perhaps Guardiola’s rather more fluid take on the system could sidestep that shortcoming.

The likes of Alaba and Philipp Lahm have played more like midfielders when deployed as part of the Bayern back three, as a sea of red shirts swarms over the opposition, pen them back into their 18-yard box and strangle them with possession. If that style can work in the Bundesliga – where teams have racked up almost three times as many counter-attack goals as Premier League sides (71 to 25) – then it ought to work in England too.

Of course, Bayern have one of Europe’s outstanding centre-backs to rely upon, while, at the other end of the spectrum, City are given heart palpitations every time Eliaquim Mangala goes anywhere near the ball. For a back three to work, new signings will be needed, and the versatile Alaba and ball-playing Everton centre-back John Stones feel like good fits for a back-line that has been City’s Achilles heel in a title race they should have all but wrapped up by now.

POSSESSION IS NINE-TENTHS OF PEP'S LAW

Goals have not really been a problem for City – they have topped the Premier League scoring charts for the last two seasons – but truly controlling matches, and especially matches against teams of equal or greater standing than themselves, has often proved elusive (they only rank 13th in Europe for possession, almost 12% down on Bayern). Guardiola sides, however, always assert themselves on the opposition and dictate the rhythm and tempo of matches. That is partly a problem of mentality that needs fixing, but it is also an issue of personnel.

All too often, City’s back-line has sparked unnecessary panic with flustered decision-making and wayward passing while the midfield can become open and exposed. Guardiola will almost certainly be keen to add both defensive cover and fresh faces in midfield. The addition of players of Alaba and Stones’ skill set and confidence levels would undoubtedly make City a more assured passing outfit, but the midfield also needs an overhaul.

Fernandinho is the only player that looks a suitable fit for the Catalan coach – versatile, athletic and assured with the ball – but the statue-esque Fernando and ageing Toure are likely to be cut loose. In their stead Guardiola will need a cultured, metronomic defensive midfielder of the Sergio Busquets variety – dubbed Barca’s most important player by the man who handed him his debut.

Julian Weigl, a player Guardiola will have seen plenty of in the Bundesliga, fits the bill; only five players have completed more passes this term (at 91.8% accuracy). Add pass-master Thiago into City’s pre-existing mix of creators and playmakers, and the side would have a Fort Knox of a midfield, flexible, fluid and capable of locking away the ball for 90 minutes, but also adept at playing the fast, one-touch, pass-and-move football that Guardiola loves.

THE MEGA-MONEY DREAM LINE-UP

With £250m in the bank and the world’s best manager incoming, City can start to dream about the possibilities for next season. Top of the club’s ambitious wishlist, even above Guardiola himself, has long been Lionel Messi. The Argentine has always reaffirmed his commitment to remain at Barcelona, and only signed a four-year contract worth €32m in 2014, but that has not stopped City from fluttering their eyelids in his direction.

The club rolled out the red carpet for Messi when he visited the club’s training base on international duty with Argentina, and now they have secured the manager who helped him develop into the world’s best player and under whom he enjoyed his most productive season ever (scoring 73 goals in the 2011-12 season).

Actually luring the Atomic Flea to the Etihad is a rather different proposition, of course, but City still plan to be active and ambitious in Guardiola’s first window. Paul Pogba is likely to be the summer’s ultimate prize and City have long been keeping tabs on him, while Leroy Sane stands out as perhaps Europe’s most outstanding teenager. Add in some much-needed defensive reinforcements and City would be able to line up with the perfect mix of experience and youth capable of playing exactly the way Guardiola wants for many years to come.

v
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive: Dream Team Star Zaharaddeen Bello Joins Kano Pillars On Loan For N1.5 Million Fee
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Kano Pillars have beaten Ifeanyi Ubah FC to the signature of Nigeria youth international Zaharaddeen Bello ahead of the start of the Nigeria Professional Football League.

The Nnewi side were thought to be in the driving seat to clinch the signature of the Dabo Babes Academy defender but negotiations with his intermediary were not fruitful.

Zaharaddeen Bello grew up in Kano and that played a key role in his decision to commit his immediate future to Pillars.

A deal is already in place, with Kano Pillars crediting the bank account of Dabo Babes Academy with the sum of N1.5 million, being the rental fee for the stopper until the end of the 2016 season.

The 18-year-old Bello traveled with the Kano Pillars squad to Ijebu Ode for pre-season training.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17856
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
[size=14pt]
Official : Stevenage Striker Dipo Akinyemi Loaned Out To St Neots Town
[/size]

Through official channels, St Neots Town have announced that they have completed the signing of Dipo Akinyemi on a one-month contract.

The Anglo-Nigerian frontman impressed for the youth team of League Two side Stevenage FC last term after joining from Potters Bar Town and was on target six times for the U18s.

In July 2015, Dipo Akinyemi signed a professional contract with Stevenage following his imperious displays during pre-season training.

The 18-year-old spent time on loan at Aldershot Town in November and featured four times in the National League before the agreement expired a month later.

He netted his first professional goal in Stevenage’s 2-2 draw at Newport County last August.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17855

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

He and his team had a good game they lost 2-1 to real madrid. Isaac had a good game but it could have been better if he finished up on his smart and hard work. This game was very close. Remember real beat a team 10-2. Isaac might leave next year but he shouldn't just go anywhere because la liga is a top league he gets to play Messi twice a year and who knows he could go to barca just like Turan n Vidal.
I am surprised udinese didn't call him back cuz they've not been doing good this season they are in the same position as granada.

who will he bench in udinese?
Success shall remain in spain but not granada
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Icon4s:

going back to italy is not a good choice,he shall remain in spain or move to watford
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2016
enomakos:
who will he bench in udinese?
Success shall remain in spain but not granada

Udinese have scored 21 goals in 24 matches who won't he bench?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Udinese have scored 21 goals in 24 matches who won't he bench?
udinese and granada are not in the same level
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
[size=14pt]
Norwegian club reject Chinese €1.5 million bid for Leke James
[/size]

Leke James will be staying put at Norwegian club Aalesund

Norwegian club Aalesund have rejected a €1.5 million offer from China for Nigeria striker Leke James.

The Kaduna-born striker said his club of four years turned down the staggering offer from a Chinese club and it now looks like he will feature for the team at least till the summer.

"It's seems I will play for Aalesund this season because they turned down an offer of 1.5 million Euros from a club in China," James disclosed

The 23-year-old striker, who has been capped by Nigeria at U20 level, has scored 37 goals in 89 league matches for Aalesund since 2012.
http://mtnfootball.com/news/609996/Norwegian-club-reject-Chinese-15-million-bid-for-Leke-James

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2016
[size=14pt]
Kelechi Iheanacho Is Manchester City Second Best Player For January
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has missed out on Manchester City’s Etihad Player of the Month Award for January, with Argentina star Sergio Aguero picking up the honours.

The Nigeria international was shortlisted for the award alongside Aguero and ex-Arsenal fullback Bacary Sagna.

A poll showed that Iheanacho garnered half of Sergio Aguero’s votes and France international Sagna finished in third position.

January was a month to remember for the Taye Academy graduate, with the teenager netting his first professional hat-trick in City’s 4-0 thrashing of Aston Villa in the FA Cup.

Kelechi Iheanacho also struck in the defeat of Norwich City in the Cup and was involved in two games in the Premier League.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17858

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
enomakos:
udinese and granada are not in the same level

abegi they are not even as good as Watford u making udinese sound like juventus and they're not.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

abegi they are not even as good as Watford u making udinese sound like juventus and they're not.
did't you know the italian league is the toughest and most difficult in the world?
Udinese will thrash watford trust me
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:51am On Feb 10, 2016
enomakos:
did't you know the italian league is the toughest and most difficult in the world?
Udinese will thrash watford trust me

To be honest this is my first time hearing that one but who am i to go against ur personal opinion...rock on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.