Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (696414 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Dream Team Will Not Play Super Six?[/size]

Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia has hinted that they will not be playing at the proposed Super Six football tournament to be organized by the League Management Company.

The proposed tournament is scheduled to start on January 22 in Abuja and was intended to feature Nigeria’s representatives on the continent, Kano Pillars, Enyimba, Warri Wolves and Dolphins, and then the Flying Eagles and the Dream Team.

But Siasia says his team will be travelling on the 22nd to Tunisia, for two international friendlies against the Tunisian U23 team.

“We have two friendly games on the 24th and the 28th and these are good friendly games to assess the players against Tunisia and I think it will make more sense than the Super Six.”

“We will leave here (Nigeria) on the 22nd and play on the 24th and the 28th before we return to Nigeria, I believe it will make more sense,” Siasia said.

The former Super Eagles coach however posited that it is still possible that they will play in the Super Six tournament.

“We are still trying to get more information about the Super Six and maybe we can divide the team into two. One of the teams will travel to Tunisia, and the other will play the Super Six, we are still working on that.”

The Dream Team VI is preparing for the All Africa Games qualifiers and is presently training in Abuja.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Babayaro: Siasia Must Pick The Best Players[/size]

Former Nigeria defender Celestine Babayaro has charged Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia to ensure only the best players are selected, as they enter the last phase of preparations for the 2015 All Africa Games.

Babayaro, who was a member of Nigeria’s Dream Team I, that won the country’s and Africa’s first football gold at an Olympics, says Siasia must shun bias, if he is to select the best players that represent Nigeria at this level.

“He must select the best players that can represent us at the level, without being bias, and he must shun favoritism.

“It doesn’t matter where a player is coming from, but it should be about what such players can do,” he said to Brila FM.

And speaking about February’s All Africa Games qualifier against Gabon, Babayaro says Siasia must respect the Gabonese, but insists that only the best players must be selected.

“The Gabonese are very good and he must know that and that will be my advice to him. He must know the kind of players he should invite but I trust him to do the right thing,” Babayaro reckoned.

The Dream Team VI is currently training in Abuja, and have a few friendly games lined up for them before they embark on the All Africa Games qualifiers.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Super Six: Dolphins open against Kano Pillars[/size]

Dolphins will play the opening match of the Super Six tournament against Kano Pillars on Saturday, January 24, 2015.

The tournament, scheduled to hold at the Abuja National Stadium from January 24 to February 4, 2014 will be between Dolphins, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Enyimba, the National U23 and National U20 sides.

Fixtures

According to fixtures released by the League Management Company, Dolphins start against Pillars, then play against the U23’s on Match day 2 before taking on Enyimba on Match Day 3.

On Match Day 4, Dolphins will be up against the Nigerian U20s before finishing against Warri Wolves on Match day 6.

Meanwhile, Dolphins have formally been invited by the LMC to play in the season opening tournament that starts in Abuja on Saturday, January 24, 2015 and lasts until the 1st of February.

Accreditation

Thirty five players and ten officials of Dolphins will be accredited for the tournament that will involve Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Enyimba, the Flying Eagles (Nigeria’s U20s) and the Olympic team (Nigeria’s U23s).

According to an invitation letter from the secretariat of the League Management Company, all players registered for the CAF Confederation Cup are eligible to play for Dolphins while for newly signed players, clubs would have to show proof of clearance/ Transfer Certificates.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Iwobi: See Myself Fitting Perfectly[/size]

Arsenal U21 captain, Alex Iwobi has admitted that he will have to get used to the Nigerian style of play, if he is to make an impact with the Nigeria national teams.

The 18-year old has chosen to represent Nigeria over England, and is presently training with Nigeria’s U23 men’s football team in Abuja, as they prepare for the 2015 All Africa Games qualifiers, and admits it’s a different style in Nigeria to what he’s used to, and says he must get used to it.

“It’s my country and it feels good here, but it’s a different style here and I just have to get used to it,” he told sl10.ng.

Iwobi, who is Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha’s nephew, also says he isn’t intimidated playing the Nigerian style, and says he sees himself fitting into the system perfectly.

“Hopefully within the next few days I will get better but I don’t feel intimidated at all. I’d like to think I can play in this team and I believe I can, but I just have to get used to the system and I hope I can do that in the next few days,” he said further.

The midfielder currently has a three-year professional contract with Arsenal, and is highly rated by Arsene Wenger. He has made a couple of appearances on the bench for the Gunners this season, and is expected to make his first team debut the season runs out.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Will Sokari Miss Out On The Qualifying Run?[/size]

Rave of the moment, Kingsley Bobby Sokari may miss out on the Nigeria U23 team’s first qualifying run for the 2015 All Africa Games as Chief Coach of the team, Samson Siasia says he is only concentrating on the players currently at his disposal.

The Enyimba midfielder has been called to the Super Eagles, the Flying Eagles and the Dream Team VI over the last two months, making him the most invited Nigerian player to the national teams.

He is presently with the second string Super Eagles team in Dubai, where they will play the Yemeni national team in a friendly on Saturday, but Siasia may have ruled him out as he says he will only concentrate on the players at his disposal for their training tour and the qualifiers.

“We do not have too much time on our hands right now, so we have to concentrate on the players we have on ground at the moment.

“I cannot speak for the ones that are not here now but we have been working with what we have and we have to concentrate on what we have. These are the players we will work with when the action begins and we must concentrate on them,” Siasia said.

Sokari is also sought after by the Flying Eagles coaches, as he is expected to make the final squad to the Africa Youth Championship in Senegal, but remains to be seen if he will make the U23’s as well.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Birmingham City's Otabor Eyes Olympic Team Call Up[/size]

Birmingham City midfielder, Viv Efosa Solomon-Otabor, says he is in contact with Nigeria's Olympic National team handlers over his invitation to the squad, ahead of the 2016 Olympic Games qualifiers.

This will be a big step up in his career if he does get their nod in the long run, having been on the radar of the Flying Eagles.

''They are now inviting me for the Under 23 team. They said if I don't make it there, then I can go the Under 20 team and probably the Fifa Under 20 World Cup,'' Viv Efosa Solomon-Otabor told SL10.ng.

''I feel good but I wanted to join up with the Under 20s as soon as possible, but it's even better being recognized by the Under 23s. I am happy to be considered for both teams.''

Though eligible to play for England, the 19 - year - old's priority is to sport the green - white - green colours of Nigeria.

''I have been in contact with officials of the Under 23 team. I got told I will be coming to camp after the Gabon game.

''From a young age, I'm always going back to Nigeria and obviously having Nigerian parents, it would be great to play for Nigeria if given the opportunity.

''I will bring a lot of speed to the squad. I am positive and direct and can bring flair. I will work hard on and off the ball,'' he added.

Coach Samson Siasia preferred not to give much away when contacted to verify the claims of Solomon-Otabor, saying a lot of players have been in touch with him regarding a spot in the team.

''He may be correct. A lot of players have been calling me that they want to be part of this team,'' said Samson Siasia.

Viv Efosa Solomon-Otabor has spent the last two and a half years at Birmingham City.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:29am On Jan 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia: I Don't Know Sokari[/size]

The chances of Enyimba midfielder, Kingsley Sokari making the Dream Team VI appears to have finally evaporated as chief coach of the side, Samson Siasia has told SL10.ng in no unclear terms that the midfielder is not a part of his team.

The midfielder has been expected to team up with the Dream Team at some point, but Siasia appears to have finally dashed any hope of having the player join up with his team, as he claims he doesn’t know the 18-year old.

“I don’t even know him, so he’s not a part of this team. The people that are part of this team are the one here right now, not the ones outside.

“No more new faces will come in from the home based players. Why would he come in if he’s not a part of this team? If you are not here, you cannot come in,” Siasia told SL10.ng.

Speaking further, the former Super Eagles coach however posited that Sokari and any other home based players could come in later, but not at the moment.

“Maybe when the time comes (to invite more players), but the ones we have are the ones we’ve been with for the last couple of months and they’re beginning to understand the way I want them to play.

“If Sokari comes in now, he might be playing what I don’t want him to play, and then it becomes a problem. So we want to keep these ones, and I am very sure they will get the results.”[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:31am On Jan 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Newcastle's Ameobi Eager To Prove Himself[/size]

Nigeria born winger Sammy Ameobi understands that he must work harder to save his Newcastle United future.

The Daily Mail reported the winger is eager to prove that he is worth staying at the club, as his current contract will expire in June 2015.

He was playing his way to a new contract under departed manager Alan Pardew, who has taken up a lucrative offer at Crystal Palace.

Ameobi, 22, is now waiting for a new gaffer to be appointed and show his worth.

“When the next manager comes in, if there is one, I need to prove myself all over again,” Ameobi said.

“I’m obviously playing for my career, essentially, but it is something I’m looking forward to. I’m very confident in my own ability. I have every opportunity to start for Newcastle every week. Hopefully I can do that, whoever comes in.”[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia Impressed With Players Confidence[/size]

As they get set to leave for Tunisia on Thursday for the two scheduled international friendly games against the Tunisia U23 football team, Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia has expressed confidence on his players.

The Nigerians start their quest for qualification for the 2015 All Africa Games in February against Gabon, and have lined up the friendlies against Tunisia to get them competitive, and are also scheduled to compete at the League Management Company organized Super Six tournament in Abuja.

And ahead of the friendly matches, Siasia, who is yet to get a full complement of his overseas based players, says he is comfortable with the ones he has at his disposal at the moment.

“I am very comfortable with what we have at the moment. We have been working with them for the last two months and we strongly believe they can give us what we want.

“They are very young players and there is still a lot for them to learn but I am happy with what they have shown so far and hopefully they will continue to improve,” he told sl10.ng.

The Dream Team will depart the shores of Nigeria on Thursday, the 22nd, and will play against the Tunisians on the 24th and 28th, before returning back to Nigeria.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Official : Olympic National Team Invitee Samuel Owolabi Extends Contract With HB Koge[/size]

With a statement on the official webpage, Danish First Division outfit HB Koge have announced that they have extended the contract of Olympic National Team invitee, Samuel Owolabi.

The new agreement will keep the 19 - year - old at SEAS-NVE Park until 2018.

But the leadership of The Swans has decided to ship him out on loan to third - tier Nykøbing FC until the end of this season to enable him get some matches under his belt.

“Samuel is a good, young player who we believe in the future, and therefore we are very pleased about the new agreement.

“As part of the agreement it has fallen into place to Samuel in the upcoming spring season rented to Nykøbing FC, where he will probably be able to get more playing time than we can offer him at the moment,” sports director Jesper Sommer told hbkoge.dk

The pacy midfielder joined HB Koge from FC Midtjylland last summer.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Olaitan Returns For Olympiakos[/size]

Ex Nigeria Under-20 forward Michael Olaitan is set to make his return to competitive football after almost a year out with Olympiakos listing him for action against Tyrnavo tomorrow.

Olaitan last played for Olympiakos in March 2014 in the derby game against Panathinaikos when he slumped unchallenged midway through the game, but has since returned to training and is yet to play any game.

However, ‎as revealed by SL10.ng in December, Olaitan cannot play in the league and can only feature in cup games because Olympiacos have exceeded the numbers of foreign players each club can register in the Greek league.

Clubs in the Greek Super League are only allowed to register five non EU players and the club did not include him in the list due to uncertainty if he will play football again at the start of the season.

The Nigerian, listed in Nigeria's Under-23 team, can only be added to the team in January if there are any changes in the list of the non EU players.

He joined the team in the summer of the 2012/2013 season from modest outfit Veria and his return of eight goals in his first 16 game made him a fan favourite.

Olaitan gained global popularity after impressing for Olympiacos in their shock win over Manchester United and was on the verge of a senior National team call up before his unfortunate slump.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Who Will Win The Super Six?[/size]

The 2015 League Management Company (LMC) Super Six tournament will get underway on Saturday 24th January.

Enyimba International Football Club, Dolphins Football Club, Warri Wolves Football Club, Kano Pillars Football Club, Nigeria U23 and Nigeria U20 would all compete for honours in the tournament.

Two-time CAF Champions League winners, Enyimba International are the defending champions of the pre-season competition.

SL10 takes a look at the participating teams:

Nigeria U23 – The Dream Team VI have the potential to stake a claim and are physically fit enough to deal with the challenge as well. Should be an interesting competition for them. They have an excellent squad and have the talents to be counted as favorites.

Nigeria U20 – The Flying Eagles have the energy and armory to upset the bigger sides in this competition and if they can defend in shape and maintain their tactical discipline then they may be the side to beat. They have been in camp for a very long time and have the arsenal to be contenders.

Enyimba International – The Federation Cup champions have a veritable production line of talents. They are led by the indomitable Chinedu Udoji. They are many people's pick to defend their title.

Kano Pillars – The current Nigeria Professional Football League champions are perhaps one of the strongest sides in the draws. Tipped to win the pre-season tourney this year, as they have recruited heavily for the 2014/15 season.

Warri Wolves – A decent outfit but they have a big hole to fill with the exit of Gbolahan Salami. It remains to be seen how they perform but they'll need to be at their best to do well.

Dolphins – The Pride of Rivers have traditionally been strong on teamwork and if they can keep their discipline in their first two games, they have an outside chance of winning the tournament.

With the analysis of the competition done and dusted, who do you think will be crowned champions?
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:34am On Jan 22, 2015
Enyimba.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Team Nigeria U20.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia names squads for Tunisia, Super 4[/size]

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has named two squads for a series of test matches in Tunisia as well as the Super 4, which begins on Saturday in Abuja.

Siasia will handle the team to Tunisia, while assistant coach Fatai Amoo will be in charge of the team for the Super 4.

Meanwhile the 36-man delegation to Tunisia is expected to depart from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport on Thursday night via an Emirates Airline.

Team secretary Sirajo Hassan, said the delegation is to be led by Kachalla Babagana Kalli and are expected to return to the country on January 30.

The 21 players for Tunisia

Goalkeepers: Daniel Emmanuel Shinkut, Akande Abiodun Asimiyu, Bala Yusuf Mohammed.
Defenders: Okorom Stanley, Obanor Erhun, Oduduwa Segun Tope, Sani Faisal, Amuzie Stanley, Sincere Muenfuh Seth.
Midfielders: Azubuike Okechukwu Godson, Effiong Emmanuel Etim, Obochi Peter Eneojo, Godwin Savior Amunde.
Forwards: Odibo Godwin, Tiongoli Tonbara, Omofoman Freedom, Etebo Oghenekaro Peter, Ajayi Oluwafemi Junior, Adetunji Sunday, Peter Onyekachi Samuel, Ewenike Achibi Chibuike.

Squad for Super 4

Usman Mohammed, Newman Doubra, Solomon Ayoleke, Ikenna Nwobusi, Faisal Sheriff, Iroha Chukwuebuka, Christopher Madaki, Chijioke Omeke, Olawale Doyeni, Moughara Dede, Temitope Jayeola, Michael Ibe Okoro, Edmund Chinedu, Ubakanma Peter, Sunday Lawrence, Eze Chisom, Chinedu Obasi and Osita Simon.

Others are Oyeleye Adenyi, Izumi Okoronkwo, Josemaria Oteze, Jonah Usman, Daniel Amackson, Andrew Michael, Emmanuel .S. Daniel, Baker Ebiabowei, Ola Adeyemo, Akande Abiodun, Jonathan Osondu, Ichull Lordson, Austine Amutu, Abubakar Danbala, Ibrahim Adamu, Yahaya Adamu and Zaradeen Usman.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Dream Team XI Prey On Utaka Academy[/size]

The Dream Team VI walloped Utaka Academy at the mainbowl of the National Stadium Abuja 6-0 on Wednesday evening.

The encounter which was the last practice game before the start of the Super six and trip to Tunisia saw the Dream Team getting the first goal in the fifth minute through enterprising Plateau United starlet Godwin Saviour.

After the early goal it was the Dream Team all the way as midfield maestro Azubuike Okechukwu held his own making life difficult for the boys from Minna.

Despite the advantage the Samson Siasia led team still showed traces of panic and anxiety, but in the 38th minute Shooting Stars striker Ajayi Junior scored the second goal of the day.

Saviour, who played a role in Golden Eaglets' success in the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup, netted his second of the day in the 40th minute to end the first half three-nil in favour of the U23 national side.

On resumption of the second half the Dream Team continued from where they stopped as Peter Onyekachi of Enyimba International scored the fourth goal in the 65th minute.

A minute later Bayelsa United's Tonbara Tiongoli made his presence felt with the fifth goal off a beautiful solo run.

The icing on the cake was Onyekachi's second goal of the day in the 71st minute to end the scoreline at 6-0.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2015
stop deceiving us. Saviour Godwin warmed the bench in the u17 world cup. against uruguay, came in as usual, he was a total poo. one on one with keeper, played shot like a preggo. hiss! overhype reporting.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
[size=14pt]Full Super 6 Fixtures[/size]

Day 1: Saturday, January 24:

Dolphins vs Pillars 1pm

Enyimba vs Flying Eagles 3pm

Warri Wolves vs Dream Team 5pm

Day 2: Monday, January 26

Enyimba vs Warri Wolves 1pm

Pillars vs Flying Eagles 3pm

Dolphins vs Dream Team 5pm

Day 3: Wednesday, January 28

Flying Eagles vs Warri Wolves 1pm

Pillars vs Dream Team 3pm

Dolphins vs Enyimba 5pm

Day 4: Friday, January 30

Dream Team vs Enyimba 1pm

Kano Pillars vs Warri Wolves 3pm

Flying Eagles vs Dolphins 5pm

Day 5: Sunday February 1

Warri Wolves vs Dolphins 1pm

Pillars vs Enyimba 3pm

Dream Team vs Flying Eagles 5pm

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:24am On Jan 24, 2015
[b]Siasia Wants To Win Preparatory Games

Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia says they want to win their preparatory games before taking on Gabon in the 2015 All Africa Games qualifiers.

The Nigerian U23’s will take part in two sets of preparatory games before starting the qualifying process for the All Africa Games.

The team has been divided in two, with one set playing two games against Tunisia in Tunis, while the other play in the Super Six tournament in Nigeria.

Siasia, who has always clamoured for preparatory games before the commencement of the qualifiers, says he would love if his teams can win their games.

“We don’t just want to play these games, we want to win them because they are important to us and our preparation for the All Africa Games qualifiers.

“Winning will give the players the kind of mentality we want heading into the qualifiers and that is exactly what we want to achieve,” Siasia said.

The Dream Team will play the first leg of their qualifiers against Gabon on February 20in Libreville, before playing the second leg in Nigeria a fortnight later.

And given the preparatory games they will have before then, Siasia has also thanked the Nigeria Football Federation for making the games happen.

“We also have to thank the NFF for arranging these games for us and we hope to make the best use of them,” he added.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
[b] Dream Team Sneak Past Wolves
Super 6

Super 6 Warri Wolves Dream Team
Baker Ebiabowei's penalty strike propelled Dream Team VI to a 2-1 win over Warri Wolves in the Super Six Invitational Tournament on Saturday evening.

The U23 side wanted to win and worked hard for the hard fought victory at the Abuja National stadium.

Austin Amutu opened the scoring three minutes into the match, with Gift Atulewa levelling the scoreline for the Seasiders.

But Ebiabowei powered home a decisive penalty strike in the 56th minute for the U23 team.

The U23 team will now meet Dolphins, with Warri Wolves to battle with Enyimba International in the match day 2 of the competition on Monday.

The match started with both sides preferring to utilise their talented midfielders.

Amutu, who was a thorn from the blast of whistle put the U23 team ahead from close range in the 3rd minute.

But Ebiabowei rifled home what turned out to be the match winner four minutes before the half hour mark.

That impetus was wrestled away however, as Wolves enjoyed more of the ball and created the better opportunities in the final thirty minutes.

The pressure was building on the U23 goal, with Ikechukwu Ibenegbu rattling the cross bar with a well executed free kick.

In the space of ten minutes, Wolves went close on three occasions with powerful strikes from the edge of the box, one drawing a wonderful save from Jonah Usman.

And those misses proved costly, as the U23 team held on to win against the CAF Confederation Cup campaigners.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mustack: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2015
nice one boys
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
DREAM TEAM LOSE 8-GOAL THRILLER IN TUNISIA

Nigeria U23 team, Dream Team VI, on Saturday lost 5-3 to hosts Tunisia in a friendly ahead of an All Africa Games qualifier in Gabon next month.

The Tunisians unsettled the visitors in the first minute when Jouini scored. The celebration barely ended before Etim Emmanuel of Enugu Rangers responded for Nigeria with an equalizer in the third minute.

Oluwafemi Junior gave Nigeria the lead in the 15th minute, and Tunisia responded a minute later with a goal from ever dangerous Jouini. Ghrab restored the hosts’ lead in the 25th minute.

But eight minutes later, Oluwafemi make it 3-3 for Nigeria for his brace.

In the 68th minute, Haj Hassan added the fourth goal for Tunisia and in the 81st minute, Sane converted a penalty to end the game 5-3 in favour of Tunisia.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
joseph1013:
DREAM TEAM LOSE 8-GOAL THRILLER IN TUNISIA

Nigeria U23 team, Dream Team VI, on Saturday lost 5-3 to hosts Tunisia in a friendly ahead of an All Africa Games qualifier in Gabon next month.

The Tunisians unsettled the visitors in the first minute when Jouini scored. The celebration barely ended before Etim Emmanuel of Enugu Rangers responded for Nigeria with an equalizer in the third minute.

Oluwafemi Junior gave Nigeria the lead in the 15th minute, and Tunisia responded a minute later with a goal from ever dangerous Jouini. Ghrab restored the hosts’ lead in the 25th minute.

But eight minutes later, Oluwafemi make it 3-3 for Nigeria for his brace.

In the 68th minute, Haj Hassan added the fourth goal for Tunisia and in the 81st minute, Sane converted a penalty to end the game 5-3 in favour of Tunisia.
This is a good learning experience for the team. I hope the coaching crew picked a lot of flaws in the team, especially the defence.

I hope improvements are noticed in their next outing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:00pm On Jan 26, 2015
[b]
[size=14pt]Siasia urges Dream Team to avenge Tunisia loss[/size]

Dream Team VI coach Samson Siasia has tasked the players to go all out to restore the pride of Nigeria with a win against their Tunisia counterpart on Wednesday.

Nigeria lost 5-3 to Tunisia in their first clash on Saturday and the coach is not blaming anyone for the loss.

The team’s media officer Timi Ebikagboro told AfricanFootball.com from Tunisia that they are working ahead of the game.

"All what the coach said to the boy is to go all out and restore the pride of Nigeria by beating Tunisia on Wednesday," the team’s spokesman said.

"They (coaching crew) are working on the total team work, the team conceding five goals is not the fault of the defence line alone, but of the whole team."

Meanwhile, the Nigeria ambassador to Tunisia, James Shuaibu Barka will host the U-23 national team on Monday afternoon.

"The Nigerian ambassador to Tunisia will host the team by noon on Monday," Ebikagboro told AfricanFootball.com

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Siasia rings changes for Tunisia rematch[/size]

Samson Siasia is expected to ring some changes in his Nigeria U23 team for Wednesday’s rematch against Tunisia.

Siasia’s team lost 5-3 to their Tunisian counterparts at the Stade El Menzah with goals from Etim Emmanuel and Junior Ajayi, who hit a brace.

The team created a hatful of chances in the second half after the first half ended 3-3, but were undone by poor finishing.

“We will try a number of other players in the second match and see how things work out,” Siasia said after Sunday’s training at the Stade November 7 in Rades, outside Tunis.

“We thank the NFF for organising these matches because they will really help us prepare for the qualifiers against Gabon, and other matches in the race to the All-Africa Games and the 2016 Olympics.

He said further on the loss in Tunis: “I don’t want to blame the players too much for the loss to the Tunisians in the first match on Saturday. Without appearing to be making excuses for them, we arrived in Tunis on Friday afternoon and immediately went to training but the weather did not help matters.

“Most of them were traveling outside the country for the first time and you can’t wish that away. The weather was a critical issue. However, in the first match, my assistants and I noticed a number of areas we need to improve on seriously before we can say we have a team.”

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
[b]Will Michael Olaitan Been Included In Olympic Team?

A decision on Michael Olaitan inclusion in Olympiacos team in the league will be made this week following the Nigerian return to competitive football after over 10 months out.

The former Flying Eagles forward made his return in his team 3-0 victory over Tyrnavos in a cup game but for now can't play in the league as the team didn't include him in their season rooster for the league.

"Olaitan is a young player with quality and of course blessed with an incredible amount of skills but he has been absent for a very long time, so we have to decide what is best for him" He told Nova.

"We will decide if it's better for him to stay here or go somewhere else because he is a player who can certainly help us, we will decide next week" Teams in Greece are only permitted to have five foreigners in their season squad for the league and Olympiakos exhausted their quota when Olaitan was yet to recover fully.

The signing of Argentine forward Franco Jara this January from Benfica swelled the team foreign contingent the more leaving manager Pereira with a decision to make on who will be dropped. Olaitan return has caused a dilemma for new manager Vitor Pereira who might be forced to do away with summer signing Gevorg Ghazaryan to accommodate the 22 year old Nigerian.

The Armenian has failed to convince with hisdisplay unlike Olaitan who according to leaks gathered by SL10.ng is proving to be a better player in training despite been out for 10 months.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2015
[b]
[size=14pt]Doumbra Hands Dream Team Victory Over Dolphins[/size]

Newman Doumbra scored in the second half to give the U23 side a 1-0 victory over Dolphins FC in the Super Six competition.

There was less effort and enthusiasm from both sides with too many passes going astray.

Andrew Michael had wasted the best chance of the game when he missed a sitter at the beginning of the second stanza.

It took 17 minutes before there was a shot on target, with Michael Ibe failing to test Sunday Rotimi with his shot.

Andrew should have given the Dream Team something to cheer when he evaded everyone but he failed to score from close range.

The dangerous Doumbra profited from a mistake from Rotimi to net the game's only goal one minute after hour mark.

Substitute Yahaya Adamu saw his header well saved by veteran goalkeeper Rotimi, who was keen to redeem himself after another howler in two days.

Stanley Eguma, whose side have failed to create a spark in the tournament, will know they need to improve quickly if they are to do well in the 2015 CAF Confederation Cup.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
[b]Yahaya Rescues Dream Team from Defeat

Substitute Yahaya Adamu rescued a point for the Dream Team VI in a Super Six 1-1 draw game against Kano Pillars on Wednesday afternoon.

It was a match that wasn't lacking the flavour to excite fans that thronged the Abuja National Stadium to catch a glimpse of the two teams in action.

Pillars striker Adamu Hassan had a shooting chance which U23 goalkeeper Jonah Usman was up to in the opening exchange.

The Dream Team VI goal tender was again called to action in the 14th minute as he dived to save a free kick from Azeez Shobowale.

In the 18th minute, Pillars had a penalty appeal ignored by the match referee. Shobowale went down in the 18-yard area.

Ichull Lordson delivered a long-range free kick which brought out the best from Lawrence John in goal for the reigning NPFL champions.

One minute after the half hour mark, new Pillars signing Christian Obiozor delivered the first goal of the highly explosive encounter.

The lanky striker reacted to a spilled save from Usman for his second goal of the tournament.

Austin Amutu should have equalised for the Dream Team VI. His header from a cross went straight to Pillars keeper Lawrence.

Pillars attacker Hassan also headed wide from an unmarked position from a corner kick, when he should done better.

Former Kwara United striker Yahaya Adamu was thrown into the fray to support lone striker Amutu and his introduction brought the needed change for the U23 team.

He went on an individual run down the Pillars, but his shot was blocked by the desperate Pillars defence line.

Twenty two minutes to the end of the match, the Dream Team VI were back in the game.

A foul on substitute Adamu in the box saw the referee pointed to the dreaded penalty spot.

Adamu took it upon himself and sent the ball into the waiting net and the game was set for a thrilling conclusion.

Another penalty appeal by Pillars didn't impress the referee who ignored their calls for the second time in the game.

The U23 side had Usman to thank as he frustrated Pillars from netting the winner. The ex Flying Eagles custodian was reliable in goal. Lawrence made a point blank catch in the dying moments of the encounter.

The two teams went home with a point apiece. Dream Team VI have seven points from three matches, while Pillars have four points from the same number of games.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:34am On Jan 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Meanwhile in Tunisia… The ‘Other Dream Team’ Wins[/size]

Nigeria’s other U23 team bounced back from their weekend loss to beat Tunisia 3-0 in Tunis on Wednesday.

While one ‘Dream Team’ competes in the Super 6 tournament, this ‘Dream Team’ has been in Tunisia playing a pair of international friendlies against the hosts.

On the weekend Samson Siasia’s young men lost 5-3, but this time they turned it around in style.

Just after the half hour mark Peter Onyekachi was fouled in the box, and Nigeria opened the scoring through Etebor Oghenekaro from the spot.

Nigeria made it 2-0 ten minutes into the second half with Onyekachi scoring this time.

It could have been three in the 70th minute, when Nigeria were awarded another penalty but this time Oghenekaro fired over.

However with just a few minutes left, Godwin Saviour made it 3-0 with a fine strike to wrap up the game.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mustack: 6:57am On Jan 30, 2015
good one for the boys
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Olaitan On Loan At Ergotelis
[/size]

As rightly sourced and reported by SL10.ng Olympiakos forward Michael Olaitan will complete the rest of the season on loan at fellow Greek Super league side Ergotelis.

The club announced the acquisition of the 22 year old on loan on their website, a confirmation of SL10.ng story which reported his fate at the club will be decided this week.

Olaitan will use his loan move to gain match practice after making just one appearance in ten months after he slumped on the pitch unchallenged during the derby game with Panathinaikos last season.

A big fan favourite at Olympiakos it was initially feared he won't be able to play football again, but his strong will and determination prevailed as he made his return in a cup game against Tyrnova.

However with the club's foreign quota already filled up during his absence, if he remained he wouldve only been able to feature in cup games which forced the club to loan him out.

Prior to joining Ergotelis on loan, he was linked with a loan move to Cyprus Anorthosis Famagusta.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
joseph1013:
[size=14pt]Full Super 6 Fixtures[/size]

Day 1: Saturday, January 24:

Dolphins vs Pillars 1pm

Enyimba vs Flying Eagles 3pm

Warri Wolves vs Dream Team 5pm

Day 2: Monday, January 26

Enyimba vs Warri Wolves 1pm

Pillars vs Flying Eagles 3pm

Dolphins vs Dream Team 5pm

Day 3: Wednesday, January 28

Flying Eagles vs Warri Wolves 1pm

Pillars vs Dream Team 3pm

Dolphins vs Enyimba 5pm

Day 4: Friday, January 30

Dream Team vs Enyimba 1pm

Kano Pillars vs Warri Wolves 3pm

Flying Eagles vs Dolphins 5pm

Day 5: Sunday February 1

Warri Wolves vs Dolphins 1pm

Pillars vs Enyimba 3pm

Dream Team vs Flying Eagles 5pm

Very good work Joseph. God bless. Does anyone have a compiled list of the results and scores between all the super 6 matches played so far?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.