Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699095 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Wolves Confirm No Bids Have Been Received For Crystal Palace-Linked Stopper Iorfa
[/size]

Wolves coach Kenny Jackett has played down speculation linking Dominic Iorfa with an exit from the Molineux Stadium in the summer transfer market.

The full-back is reportedly on the wishlist of Premier League side Crystal Palace, but the manager has suggested that the Eagles have not firmed up their interest by making a bid for his services.

“I personally wouldn’t want to see him go. I think we need players in to improve us, rather than letting players go, ” said Jackett to the club’s official webpage.

“I’m sure everybody at Wolves feels the same way as I do.”

He continued : “We haven’t had any bids and like everyone at Wolves we want to improve the team, and build the team around Dominic, rather than replacing him.

“Whenever you have players doing well, there’s always that type of speculation.”

Iorfa, an England U21 international, is tied to Wolves until the summer of 2019, having put pen to paper on a new deal last November.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18814
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olydedon: 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Contact me if you are interested in advertising or marketing your sports product at my football viewing center located at 32 Oyekan Road off Akerele or Ogunalana Drive Road.

Email address: donmajesty2000@yahoo.com
Phone Number: 08037784865
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ndidi Awaziem troost Ekong Invited for Mali & Luxemburg Friendlies

http://www.soccerassembly.com/forums/topic/salisu-yusuf-invites-26-players-for-mali-luxembourg/

Fantastic team list

Lots of prospective U23 Stars in it

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
[size=14pt]8 U-23 Players Invited For Eagles' Friendlies Against Mali, Luxembourg[/size]

Nigeria have called up uncapped Turkey-based defender Musa Mohammed and Chiedozie Awaziem from Porto, while Olympiacos striker Brown Ideye has been recalled for friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg next month.

READ: More injury woes for Joel Obi

Mohammed was captain of the country’s U17 and U20 teams, while relatively unknown Awaziem is now on the first-team squad of top Portuguese club Porto.

Ideye has revived his career at Greek champions Olympiacos after a difficult time at English Premier League side West Bromwich Albion.

He last featured for Nigeria at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, which Nigeria won.

The three –time African champions take on Les Aiglons of Mali in France on 27th May before flying to Luxembourg to take on that country’s team on the first day of June.

Caretaker coach Salisu Yusuf has also kept faith with skipper Mikel Obi, Ahmed Musa and England-based youngsters Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi.

Defenders Kenneth Omeruo, Leon Balogun and William Troost Ekong return, while Ogenyi Onazi, Abdullahi Shehu, Elderson Echiejile, Moses Simon, Victor Moses and Aaron Samuel are back to familiar terrain.

ALL THE INVITEES:

Goalkeepers: Carl Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England); Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United, South Africa); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Sunshine Stars)

Defenders: Abdullahi Shehu (Uniao da Madeira, Portugal); Musa Muhammed (Istanbul Basaksehir, Turkey); Elderson Echiejile (AS Monaco, France); Kingsley Madu (AS Trencin, Slovakia); Kenneth Omeruo (Kasimpasa SK, Turkey); Leon Balogun (Mainz 05, Germany); Gbenga Arokoyo (Gaziantepspor, Turkey); William Troost Ekong (Haugesund FC, Norway); Chidozie Awaziem (FC Porto, Portugal)

Midfielders: Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England); Wilfred Ndidi KRC Genk, Belgium); Raheem Lawal (Osmanlispor FK, Turkey); Etebo Oghenekaro (SC Farense, Portugal)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium); Victor Moses (West Ham United, England); Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England); Alex Iwobi (Arsenal FC, England); Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor FK, Turkey); Aaron Samuel (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Olympiacos FC, Greece)

http://africanfootball.com/news/626428/Nigeria-call-up-uncapped-Musa-Mohammed-Ideye-returns

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
Seems the coaching crew does nt have d stomach for NPFL players.

A good list though.

Stanley Amuzie, Efe Ambrose and Godfrey Obaobona missing.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
It's a super list. But I wonder when Isaac Success will ever get his first senior cap.

is it because of his facial injury sustained recently? I expect him to be back before then unless it's very serious.

Welcome back Ideye. Perhaps you can be Ighalo's Deeney? (in a 4-4-2)? We'll see.... #smiles
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fanendo Adi must have been awful in training
He didn't get the chance to make his debut
and no second chance
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
It's been long I saw a Nigerian football team list devoid of sentiments and favoritism as this one
Kudos to Salisu, hope his tactical nous in the course of the game matches his selection.
@supernerd I think I. Success is injured.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dijon: 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Good list by Salisu, devoid of nepotism, favoritism and sentiment. unlike the selection of the man before him...no name mentioned ooooo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sir, even if you mention the name... nothing dey happen!

Because na true you talk. #smiles

Favoritism and sentiments especially.

dijon:
Good list by Salisu, devoid of nepotism, favoritism and sentiment. unlike the selection of the man before him...no name mentioned ooooo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
This list is weird, which one of u guys is Salisu?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2016
Oh yeah!!! Chidiebere Nwakali scored his first professional goal as his club, IK Start of Norway won a cup tie 3-0.

C.Nwakali had one goal and one assist in the game. Good one for the Man City Loanee and one of Nigeria's rising star prospects.

Also, is it true Arsenal could be in for Solanke? I read Solanke is holding out possibly for a 50,000 pounds weekly wage from Chelsea if he returns.... thus Arsenal might be waiting in the wings. isn't this unlikely? or is it likely?

hmmm.... time will tell. #smiles

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06am On Apr 28, 2016
Hahahaha hahahahahaha hahaha...... It's a super list. I guess that is part of what makes it "weird"..... #smiles grin

The other part...? Seeing some names we have been screaming for, based on merits, in this thread and the Super Eagles thread. grin

BascoVanVeli:
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by edi287: 2:57am On Apr 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Oh yeah!!! Chidiebere Nwakali scored his first professional goal as his club, IK Start of Norway won a cup tie 3-0.

C.Nwakali had one goal and one assist in the game. Good one for the Man City Loanee and one of Nigeria's rising star prospects.

Also, is it true Arsenal could be in for Solanke? I read Solanke is holding out possibly for a 50,000 pounds weekly wage from Chelsea if he returns.... thus Arsenal might be waiting in the wings. isn't this unlikely? or is it likely?

hmmm.... time will tell. #smiles

His agent must be a greedy bastard. What exactly has he done to ask for that amount??
These English youngsters get too much too early.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 28, 2016
"I regret my inability to be part of the Olympic team but as a professional player one has to be guided by the recommendations of experts.

"My doctors advised that it is best I have a good rest during the off season and they felt participating at the Olympics won't guarantee that so I had to pull out.

"In my absence, I believe in the abilities of the national U23 team coaches and the players to do the nation proud in Rio,” he concluded.

Kenneth Omeruo

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/17252/super-eagles/2016/04/27/22872962/omeruo-i-am-fully-fit-want-to-play-for-nigeria

Coach Siasia has been vindicated!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 28, 2016
I think it's better for Success to remain at Granada for another Session..... if they are not relegated! He's a sure Starter except he's injured. He has the trust and confidence of his Manager and the Players respectively! What else does he need to develop?
Memphis was a super Player at PSV before he joined Man United, but today he's glued to the Bench cos he couldn't live up to expectations.
He's still developing, hence changing of environment may hinder his development at this moment. La Liga is a home of techniques and Skills, he's in the right League to fine-tune his talents and becomes a better Player in few Years time!
I hope he stays in La Liga than moving to a Bigger Club just to be glued to the Bench!
BTW, Granada is in the same class with Watford!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID IT THAT SOME OF THOSE GUYS "THERE" VISIT THIS SECTION. wink

You guys are doing a great job here.

Awaziem for instance has been promoted here more than any other site or forum in this country. And u see the result.

That list has inputs from key stake holders of the NFF not just Salisu. wink

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:13am On Apr 28, 2016
adeyemi2015:

Coach Siasia has been vindicated!
How and why

***My worry is if K. Omeruo is not going to the Olympics on account of rest then why should he be ready for Super Eagles friendlies?^^^^

[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea loanee Omeruo: I'm fit for Eagles friendlies
[/size]

Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo

by Samm Audu

Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo has dismissed rumours he will not be fit for next month’s Super Eagles friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg.

It was reported by a section of the local press that Omeruo, who is on loan to Turkish club Kasimpasa, is currently nursing a groin injury.

He missed last month's AFCON qualifiers against Egypt on account of injury, but he has since recovered fully.

"I am happy that I have been called up for the friendly games against Mali and Luxembourg. I am looking forward to putting on the green and white of Nigeria again and giving my 100% to the team,” he told Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye.

“I am very fit and hope to stay this way for my club and country.

"There is no truth in the reports that I am currently sidelined by groin injury.”

Omeruo was only advised by his club doctor to rest in the summer and not feature at the Rio Olympics.

"I regret my inability to be part of the Olympic team but as a professional player one has to be guided by the recommendations of experts,” he said.

"My doctors advised that it is best I have a good rest during the off season and they felt participating at the Olympics won't guarantee that so I had to pull out.

"In my absence I believe in the abilities of the national U23 team coaches and the players to do the nation proud in Rio."
http://africanfootball.com/news/626451/Chelsea-loanee-Omeruo-I-m-fit-for-Eagles-friendlies
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahaha hahahahahaha hahaha...... It's a super list. I guess that is part of what makes it "weird"..... #smiles grin

The other part...? Seeing some names we have been screaming for, based on merits, in this thread and the Super Eagles thread. grin

No one expected this because this is actually good. Isaac Success injury pains me because i know he would have made this list. If Salisu can coach half as good as he can make a list.....let me not move too fast, great list though.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2016
edi287:

His agent must be a greedy bastard. What exactly has he done to ask for that amount??
These English youngsters get too much too early.

He wants to be given proof that he will play a bigger part for them, chealsea is know for stashing youth talent how can they win 3 uefa titles in a row and still not have players breaking into the 1st team? To me it is a smart move from the youngster if they agree it will mean they actually want him and if they don't he can move on.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Porto New Kid On The Block Awaziem Delighted With Maiden Super Eagles Call Up
[/size]

Porto teen sensation Chidozie Awaziem has expressed his happiness over his invitation to the Super Eagles for the first time in his career and has vowed to work his socks off in both games against Mali and Luxembourg.

The national team coaches have taken notice of the 19-year-old’s impressive performances at the heart of defense for the Primeira Liga powerhouses, with nine appearances under his belt for the first team of The Dragons since the start of this year.

“I feel happy, I feel glad, it is not easy to get invited to the national teams. It will be a great experience for me, I am happy to go and represent my country,”said Awaziem to allnigeriasoccer.com.

The Porto number 63 had been targeting a spot in Nigeria’s Olympic National Team and was pleasantly surprised to learn that he was considered for the senior national team instead.

“Of course, I was not expecting the invitation, it came as a surprise. I always try to do my best at Porto, I know one day I will be invited, I didn’t know it was going to come too soon.

“I will do my best to defend the green white green jersey, it is a great country. I promise Nigerians I will do my best to make the team do well.”

A product of El Kanemi Junior, Jos, the central defender trained with the Nigeria U17s prior to the 2015 Fifa Under 17 World Cup.
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18819
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
terzurum5:

How and why

***My worry is if K. Omeruo is not going to the Olympics on account of rest then why should he be ready for Super Eagles friendlies?^^^^

[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea loanee Omeruo: I'm fit for Eagles friendlies
[/size]

Eagles defender Kenneth Omeruo

by Samm Audu

Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo has dismissed rumours he will not be fit for next month’s Super Eagles friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg.

It was reported by a section of the local press that Omeruo, who is on loan to Turkish club Kasimpasa, is currently nursing a groin injury.

He missed last month's AFCON qualifiers against Egypt on account of injury, but he has since recovered fully.

"I am happy that I have been called up for the friendly games against Mali and Luxembourg. I am looking forward to putting on the green and white of Nigeria again and giving my 100% to the team,” he told Super Eagles media officer Toyin Ibitoye.

“I am very fit and hope to stay this way for my club and country.

"There is no truth in the reports that I am currently sidelined by groin injury.”

Omeruo was only advised by his club doctor to rest in the summer and not feature at the Rio Olympics.

"I regret my inability to be part of the Olympic team but as a professional player one has to be guided by the recommendations of experts,” he said.

"In my absence I believe in the abilities of the national U23 team coaches and the players to do the nation proud in Rio."
http://africanfootball.com/news/626451/Chelsea-loanee-Omeruo-I-m-fit-for-Eagles-friendlies
[/b]

Some Pundits thought Siasia intentionally omitted his name from the List! Now it's clear that it's the choice of Kenneth not to represent the Team at Rio!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dozai: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
dijon:
There is a big difference between a friendly & a competition. one starts with F the other C.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nigeria U23s coach Samson Siasia has started running the rule over Charlton Athletic defender Ayo Obileye with a view to naming him in his roster for the 2016 Olympic Games.

Born at Homerton Hospital in Hackney, the center back is eligible to represent the national teams of England and Nigeria but has stated that his priority is to defend the colours of the African powerhouse.

Dream Team VI manager Siasia has been observing Obileye at close quarters since Monday, April 25 after he arrived in Abuja from the United Kingdom.

“I have been in Abuja since Monday with the Under-23s in camp. Training has been great,” Obileye briefly told allnigeriasoccer.com.

The 21-year-old Obileye models his game after ex Tottenham Hotspur skipper Ledley King and retired England star Rio Ferdinand, while his favourite Nigerian defenders are Joseph Yobo and Kenneth Omeruo.

He was the captain of Sheffield Wednesday’s youth team before penning a deal with the Addicks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by semid4lyfe(m): 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Juwon Oshaniwan ought to be on the list.

I'm wondering when Nigerians will realise Elderson Echejiele is shiiiiit.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by yoged(m): 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
semid4lyfe:
Juwon Oshaniwan ought to be on the list.

I'm wondering when Nigerians will realise Elderson Echejiele is shiiiiit.

am surprised as well . Juwon has been playing regularly for his club in Scotland

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Best Nigerian list in a long time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
I think one of the commenters here is Salisu.... grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
Icon4s:
Seems the coaching crew does nt have d stomach for NPFL players.

A good list though.

Stanley Amuzie, Efe Ambrose and Godfrey Obaobona missing.

Thank God for the bolded..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
But this Musa for Olympics is not right at all, is Victor moses not a better option?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dijon: 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Musa is good with the ball and movement if played as a central striker not the wing he has regularly been deployed too by our archaic past national team coaches......i no mention names ooooo[ who have failed to evolve themselves as our players have been evolved tactically and technically by the european coaches. NO Black Nigerian coach is good for the super eagles job.quote author=binhozie post=45134733]But this Musa for Olympics is not right at all, is Victor moses not a better option? [/quote]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:38am On Apr 29, 2016
When will we give Otigba a chance though? Dude has changed nationality for a long time.

My one problem with the list is the invitation of Musa Muhammad. Whilst it shows that we recognize the problem at right back, we have better options, i feel.

Musa Muhammad has been in Turkey for a year and has not made one single appearance in the league, not even from the bench. What makes him qualified for the senior team?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.