Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (699440 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34pm On May 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Good moves, long over due. Ojo and Solanke would b great value added to our national team. I dnt know much abt Lookman.

The NFF should also invite Kennedy Otigba.

I doubt the growth of our young talents overseas spells doom for our local league but the opposite.

What we need is for our Coaches to continue holding large camps and making these players work together in training before selecting their final list.

That was a mistake Coach Siasia made and I think it will not repeat itself again. (Sending the home based lads away early)

If these players work together in training, they learn from each other and improve themselves. This in turn make the local base players better and make those who are as good and even better than the foreign pros, compete and gain their places in the Super Eagles team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia adds Nyokobing’s Olajide to Nigeria U23 Olympics squad
[/size]

The Dream Team VI boss has added the Denmark based forward to his provisional squad for Rio 2016 as he hopes to have a solid squad

Nigeria U23 boss Samson Siasia has added Nyokobing forward Olajide Owolabi to his provisional squad for the 2016 Olympics football event.

The 21-year-old was part of the Dream Team VI’s squad for the All African Games and the Afcon U23 championship but his team failed to release him.

Before that, injury ruled him out of Manu Garba’s squad to the 2015 Fifa U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Coach Siasia had earlier submitted a provisional list of 60 players to the Nigeria Football Federation, but he is still adding new discoveries to the list, as he aims to find the solid squad to the games.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/05/01/23000932/siasia-adds-nyokobings-olajide-to-nigeria-u23-olympics-squad
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Kelechi Iheanacho Scores Against Eighth Team In England As Man City Are Beaten By Southampton
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho bagged a brace for the second consecutive game in the English Premier League as Manchester City suffered a 4-2 loss to Southampton at St. Mary’s Stadium on Sunday evening.

The Citizens were trailing 2-0 but got on the scoreboard in the 44th minute through the Nigeria international who headed home from close range following a cross by Nasri to take his tally to 12 goals in all competitions.

Disaster struck for Man City in the second half as The Saints went three goals up, with Sadio Mane completing his hat-trick in the 68th minute, before Iheanacho brought more respectability to the scoreline when he scored 12 minutes from time.

The 19-year-old curled a brilliant effort into the top corner for his second of the game.

In all competitions, the Super Eagles young star has scored against eight teams in his debut season in England and they include Crystal Palace, Swansea City, Spurs, Stoke City, Southampton, Norwich City, Aston Villa and Hull City.
Igho Kingsley
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18872
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2016
[size=14pt]
Manchester City Coach Delighted With Nigerian Wonderkid Iheanacho
[/size]

Manchester City coach Manuel Pellegrini has showered praise on Kelechi Iheanacho following his brace against Southampton in the Premier League on Sunday.

With several stars rested for the upcoming meeting in the Champions League against Real Madrid, the Nigeria international was handed a starting berth and he repaid the faith of the coach by getting on the score sheet.

“It’s very important for a player to score goals. I was happy with the way he played today.

“I’m happy for him with the goals that he scored,” said Pellegrini to the official webpage of Man City, mcfc.co.uk.

Iheanacho has seven Premier League goals to his name this season and only the Argentine star Aguero has scored more for the club.
Igho Kingsley
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18873

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:51pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
CS Sfaxien Midfielder Sokari Expects To Feature In Olympic Games If He Makes 18-Man Roster
[/size]

CS Sfaxien midfielder Kingsley Sokari expects his Tunisian club to release him to the Nigeria Football Federation if he is selected for the 2016 Olympic Games.

Having missed the Africa U23 Cup of Nations, this website can confirm that the former Enyimba ace is among the 60 players named to the provisional roster by Nigeria U23s coach Samson Siasia.

“I think for sure CS Sfaxien will release me because they don’t stop any of their players from national team duties,” says Kingsley Sokari to
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I have not yet discussed the possibility of the club releasing me but I believe they know about the schedule of the Olympic Games.

“Our league is ending next month, so before then I will be sure about whether I will be released.”

The 20-year-old Kingsley Sokari has caps for the Nigerian U20 national team, the Flying Eagles, and the senior squad.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18867
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:54pm On May 01, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria La Liga 2013/14 Granada CF
Isaac Success dedicates Granada award to mum
[/size]
Ex-Nigeria youth international Isaac Success has dedicated his award as Granada Player of the Year to his mother.

The FIFA U17 World Cup winner at UAE 2013 has been a revelation since he joined the Spanish La Liga side.

He thanked his team mates and fans for voting him.

"Thanks to all my team mates and fans for this player of the year award,HALA GRANADA.mama this's is for you LOVE YOU wrote on his Facebook page.

He has scored six La Liga goals this season with speculations he could be headed to the English Premier League side Watford this summer.
africanfootball.com/news/626802/Isaac-Success-dedicates-Granada-award-to-mum

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:03am On May 02, 2016
Success won the Granada player of the season. That's impressive.

We need to get Iwobi, Success and Iheanacho playing together. I believe they can build a dynamic connection.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:58am On May 02, 2016
Musa "Iniesta" Yahaya..... abeg get that promotion. Just 4 points needed from remaining 3 games??

This will be a huge achievement for Yahaya if he and his team mates can pull this off. All the best Yahaya... happy with your progress so far. Still expecting more from you lad. #smiles

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
MUSA YAHAYA PUTS PROMOTION WITH PORTIMONENSE AHEAD OF TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
[/size]

On loan Tottenham Hotspur forward, Musa Yahaya says he is fully focused on gaining promotion to the top flight with his loan side Portimonense in Portugal and he isn’t thinking about returning to the White Hart Lane outfit at the moment.

The Nigeria youth international according to his agent, Babawo Mohammed Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring his progress in Portugal and he could force his way into their pre season plans if he maintains or improve his present form for Portimonense.

“My goal is to help Portimonense gain promotion to the top flight in Portugal and Insha Allah we will be promoted, that is my aim, my mind is not on Tottenham Hotspur at least for now” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“I have grown at Portimonense and I wat to reward the team especially the technical crew with at least a place in the top flight league then we can talk about my future for now am fully focused on Portimonense”.

Yahaya joined Portimonense in January and after a slow start to his career in portugal has bursted to life with eye catching performances in the 10 games he has played with a a goal to his name.

Portimonense need at least four points from their remaining three games to be guarantee promotion to the top flight in Portugal.
Daniel Martins.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/01/musa-yahaya-puts-promotion-with-portimonense-ahead-of-tottenham-hotspur/
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21am On May 02, 2016
Success deserves every bit of that award. Was happy he was picked as winner by the Granada fans over Youssef El-Arabi (who has been on fire too like Success).

The world is talking about ISIS when we have a potential football ISIS combo rising.

I- Iheanacho
S- Success
I- Iwobi
S- Simon Moses

grin grin grin

Really Sir, like you've pointed out we need to have these lads playing together for cohesive purposes. Something of a connection so dynamic can result like the MSN, or BBC or even the Pele-Garrincha-Jairzinho combo. #smiles

Exciting times up ahead especially as the likes of Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi and Victor Osimhen plus a couple of others are coming through strongly or gradually.

Hopefully we get to see Iwobi, Success and Iheanacho forge a super connection at Rio. I hope Siasia finds a way to play these 3 together especially. I have my formation options but firstly, I hope to see them all at Rio.

tbaba1234:
Success won the Granada player of the season. That's impressive.

We need to get Iwobi, Success and Iheanacho playing together. I believe they can build a dynamic connection.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:12am On May 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Wenger explains why he hauled off Iwobi
[/size]

Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has offered an insight to why he replaced Nigeria youngster Alex Iwobi just over 10 minutes into the second half of their narrow win over Norwich City.

‘The Gunners’ secured a 1-0 win over ‘The Canaries’ at the Emirates on Saturday in the Premier League with Iwobi making way for match-winner Danny Welbeck and Wenger has offered some insight into what warranted the substitution.

“I saw the opportunity there, because Alex Iwobi comes more towards the ball but, with a runner in behind on our left side, there was some room to exploit, and Danny did that very well,” the Frenchman told the club’s official website.

“On top of that he scored a goal when he came on.”

The 19-year-old Iwobi has played 12 Premier League games this season and has two goals and two assists to his credit.
http://africanfootball.com/news/626916/Wenger-explains-why-he-hauled-off-Iwobi
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:12am On May 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho: Why Manchester City lost
[/size]

Manchester City Striker Kelechi Iheanacho

Nigeria forward Kelechi Iheanacho has explained why Manchester City fell 4-2 at Southampton.

The Citizens were beaten at St. Mary’s by a Sadio Mane-inspired Southampton side and even though the young Nigerian scored a brace, it wasn’t enough to earn them any points, which has now put their top-four place in the balance.

“Many things went wrong in our team. We lost so many balls and didn’t defend well,” Iheanacho said in a post-match interview.

“We lost and we are not happy.”

The 19-year-old also admitted that the loss didn’t offer them enough encouragements going into the Champions League clash with Real Madrid, but said they will put it behind them and come out stronger.

“I think we’re going to come stronger in the next game. This game didn’t give us enough encouragement. But we will put it behind us and focus on the Real Madrid game,” he said.

City remain fourth in the Premier League table, but are now four points ahead of eternal rivals Manchester United.
http://africanfootball.com/news/626919/Iheanacho-Why-Manchester-City-lost
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:17am On May 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Sulaiman 'Daddy' sinks Troost-Ekong's club in Norway
[/size]

Sulaiman Abdullahi 'Daddy' again on target in Norway

Former Flying Eagles striker Suleiman Abdullahi ‘Daddy’ netted a brace for Norwegian club Viking to beat Haugesund 3-2 in a league game.

‘Daddy’ scored in the 71st minute to give his side a 2-1 lead and two minutes later, he completed a brace to give Viking a 3-1 lead.

The Kaduna-born striker has now scored four goals in eight games this season.

His compatriot Samuel Adegbenro also featured in the game for Viking and was cautioned in the 54th minute.

Former Akwa United star Aniekpeno Udoh was an unused substitute.

Nigeria international Williams Troost-Ekong captained Haugesund and was cautioned in the 90th minute.

Another Nigerian, Ibrahim Shuaibu, was an unused substitute in the game for Haugesund.
http://africanfootball.com/news/626906/Sulaiman-Daddy-sinks-Troost-Ekong-s-club-in-Norway
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s Netminder Emmanuel Daniel Concedes Three Goals As Rangers Lose
[/size]

A sparkling first half performance by Rivers United set the tone for a comprehensive 3-1 victory over Enugu Rangers in an exciting Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) game decided at the Yakubu Gowon (former Port Harcourt Liberation) Stadium on Sunday.

United were seemingly on the ropes before the contest with no less than five of their first team players unavailable either through suspension or injury.

In the absence of trusted personnel which included the club’s top scorer, Chinonso Okonkwo, United produced their best performance of the season as they dispatched the highly-rated Flying Antelopes with a barn-storming display.

United showed their intent early on when Chigozie Ihunda was presented with a one-on-one opportunity in the ninth minute following a shocking defensive error by Okey Odita.

The right back-turned auxiliary forward however opted to chip the goalkeeper, Emmanuel Daniel rather than go for power and the effort sailed harmlessly wide.

The home fans did not have to wait too long for the opening goal though and it arrived in the 17th minute.

Ihunda was upended in the box and Bernard Ovoke stepped up to dispatch the spot kick in cold-blooded fashion.

Four minutes later, the hosts were two goals to the good and the effort by Christian Weli will be talked about for many days to come.

The Rivers United midfielder picked up the ball about 30 yards out on the left and with the unsuspecting Rangers rear guard expecting a slow build up, Weli let fly from the outrageous distance and found the top left hand corner of Emmanuel Daniel’s goal.

The home fans went wild as they celebrated the effort which will definitely be in contention for goal-of-the-season.

United were flying and added a third goal-yet another out of the top drawer-on the stroke of half time, to virtually end the game as a contest.

A flowing team move which involved four United players was finished off, left footed by Ovoke, who fired into the roof of the Rangers net as the shell-shocked visitors struggled to contemplate what had hit them.

Rangers were to claim a consolation two minutes after the restart in fortuitous fashion with Olalekan Gabriel inadvertently diverting a cross from the right past Sunday Rotimi and into the United goal.

The two sides traded chances afterwards but the hosts always looked the likelier of the two sides to add to their tally.

Ofem Inah’s cross, with seven minutes remaining, was met by an Ihunda header which clattered against the post with Daniel beaten.

Rangers stay top of the standings with 27 points from 14 matches despite the defeat in Port Harcourt while United moved up to sixth with 22 points from 14 matches.

Sammy Wejinya
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18878
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Exports: Iheanacho,Adi Score;Strikers Impress In Norway; Holland Youth-Teamers Ehizibue&Owobowale Benched
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com reviews the performances of players of Nigerian descent in the European Leagues and MLS on Sunday.

Liverpool were beaten 3-1 by Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium, with England youngsters Sheyi Ojo and Jordon Ibe making the starting XI for the Reds.

While Ojo was in action for 90 minutes, Ibe subbed out ten minutes from time. The former Wolves loanee bagged an assist in the 65th minute of the contest.

Kelechi Iheanacho scored both goals in Manchester City’s 4-2 loss to Southampton to take his tally to 13 in all competitions. He played the full game at the St. Mary’s Stadium.

Over to the Italian Serie A, Jerry Mbakogu played the entirety of Carpi’s 2-0 loss to Juventus at the Juventus Stadium.

Eddy Onazi started and played for 90 minutes as Lazio defeated Inter Milan 2-0 in the capital.

In the Dutch Eredivisie, Chinedu Ede featured for 90 minutes in Twente’s 4-0 loss to Ajax Amsterdam. Bartholomew Ogbeche has been ruled out of action for the rest of the season, so was not on parade for the visitors.

Elsewhere in Holland, Kingsley Ehizibue did not take to the pitch as PEC Zwolle were held to a 2-2 draw by Excelsior at the Stadion Woudestein.

Tyronne Ebuehi played the entirety of ADO Den Haag’s 1-1 draw at Heracles. Netherlands youth-teamer Segun Owobowale was on the bench for the visitors.

Super Eagles hopeful Kenneth Otigba worked another ninety-minute shift at the heart of defense as SC Heerenveen lost 2-1 at home to FC Groningen.

Chelsea loanee Dominic Solanke was involved for 74 minutes as Vitesse were beaten 3-1 by FC Utrecht at the Gelredome.

Ex-Belgium youth international Funso Ojo clocked up 90 minutes as Willem II suffered a 1-0 loss at home to Feyenoord. He picked up a late booking in the 81st minute.

Super Eagles star Moses Simon did not make Gent’s 18-man squad versus Anderlecht. 2-0 it ended in favour of the Belgian powerhouse, with Stefano Okaka involved for 80 minutes. Imoh Ezekiel was absent.

Onyinye Ndidi lasted the distance but could not prevent Genk from losing 3-1 to Club Brugge.

In the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Reuben Gabriel, Uche Nwofor and Michael Uchebo did not feature in Boavista’s 1-1 draw with Moreirense.

There was a ninety-minute run-out for Abdullahi Shehu in Uniao da Madeira’s 3-1 win against Academica.

In the Danish Superliga, Rilwan Hassan was substituted 90 minutes into FC Midtjylland’s 5-3 defeat to FC Copenhagen . Nigeria U23 international Paul Onuachu played the last 29 minutes.

Still in Scandinavia, Samuel Adegbenro and Suleiman Abdullahi inspired Viking to a 3-2 win against William Troost-Ekong’s FK Haugesund. Samuel and Suleiman netted in the 71st and 73rd minute respectively.

While Aniekpeno Udoh (Viking) and Ibrahim Shuaibu (FKH) were on the bench for this one, the Super Eagle, who was yellow carded in the closing minutes, and Suleiman Abdullahi clocked up 90 minutes, Adegbenro subbed out in the 90th minute, 27 minutes after Anthony Izuchukwu came on for FKH.

Nigeria U20 international Chidiebere Nwakali was substituted 75 minutes into IK Start’s 2-2 draw at home to Stroemsgodset. Teammate Austine Uzoremeke was unused sub.

Nigerian strikers were on fire in Norway this weekend. Chuks Akabueze netted the winner after 41 minutes as Odd Grenland won 2-1 at Ohi Omoijuanfo’s Stabaek . The two players went the distance.

In the Swedish Allsvenskan, John Owoeri was involved for 59 minutes as BK Hacken lost 3-0 to Malmo at Swedbank Stadion.

Elsewhere, in the Austrian Bundesliga, Olarenwaju Kayode lasted the distance for Austria Vienna but could not prevent his team from losing 2-0 to Salzburg.

New Super Eagles invitee Gbenga Arokoyo featured for 90 minutes as Gaziantepspor were thrashed 3-0 by Fenerbahce in Istanbul. Teammate John Chibuike played the last 30 minutes.

In Major League Soccer, Fanendo Adi opened scoring at Providence Park after 17 minutes as Portland Timbers beat Toronto 2-1. The striker, who played the full game, has seven goals to his name after 9 rounds.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18877
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Success deserves every bit of that award. Was happy he was picked as winner by the Granada fans over Youssef El-Arabi (who has been on fire too like Success).

The world is talking about ISIS when we have a potential football ISIS combo rising.

I- Iheanacho
S- Success
I- Iwobi
S- Simon Moses

grin grin grin

Really Sir, like you've pointed out we need to have these lads playing together for cohesive purposes. Something of a connection so dynamic can result like the MSN, or BBC or even the Pele-Garrincha-Jairzinho combo. #smiles

Exciting times up ahead especially as the likes of Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi and Victor Osimhen plus a couple of others are coming through strongly or gradually.

Hopefully we get to see Iwobi, Success and Iheanacho forge a super connection at Rio. I hope Siasia finds a way to play these 3 together especially. I have my formation options but firstly, I hope to see them all at Rio.

New Football terrorist group to emerge in Rio

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:33am On May 02, 2016
Napoleon55:

New Football terrorist group to emerge in Rio
NIGERIA; Home of both good and bad TERRORISM gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:33am On May 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Rio Olympics Ambition Threatens Musa’s Leicester Link
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:

Leicester City's interest in CSKA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa may hit the rocks following the player's ambition to feature as one of the overaged players in Nigeria's squad at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games in Brazil, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

The Foxes who are just two wins from lifting the 2015/16 English Premier League title, Completesportsnigeria.com gathered, will revive their interest in the CSKA Moscow striker who has scored 12 goals in 32 games this season.

The 23-year-old was a target for Claudio Ranieri in January, but Leicester failed to match CSKA's asking price of £20million for the Nigeria international.

"Its a big 'if' on whether he will move in the summer because he has expressed his desire to represent Nigerian at the Olympics which Leicester may not really agree with," a source close to the player told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"But once a concrete offer has been tabled, that will be discussed."

Leicester had two bids rejected by CSKA Moscow in January, but will hope to strike a compromise at around £18m for Musa in the coming weeks.

Musa can also add Champions League experience, something lacking in Ranieri's exciting squad ahead of next season. ​

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rio-olympics-ambition-threatens-musas-leicester-link/#0TZOXz78l425h9mC.99
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ndidi on Nigeria provisional squad for Rio Olympics
[/size]

Wilfred Ndidi

Belgium-based defender or defensive midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has been named on a provisional squad for the Rio Olympics by Nigeria, AfricanFootball.com can reveal.

The KRC Genk of Belgium ace has already been called up for two Super Eagles friendlies against Mali on May 27 and Luxembourg on June 1 after he made his full international debut against DR Congo last year.

The Nigeria U23 coach has submitted a provisional list of players for the Games to the Nigeria Football Federation, and while it is yet to be made public, AfricanFootball.com understands the former Flying Eagles defender is one of those on it.

“Wilfred Ndidi is definitely on the list and the coach has been speaking to him and his club,” a source informed.

The 19-year-old has been a revelation for the Belgian club since joining them and has appeared 37 times in all competitions with two goals to his name.

He was a member of the Nigerian U17 class of 2013, as well as the U20 class of 2013 and 2015 and he is expected to make the final list to the Olympics, especially in the absence of Kenneth Omeruo, who will miss the Games on doctor’s recommendation.

By Chris Oguguo
http://africanfootball.com/news/626980/Ndidi-on-Nigeria-provisional-squad-for-Rio-Olympics
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:19am On May 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
MARSEILLE LINE UP MOVE FOR NIGERIA U-23 FORWARD TO REPLACE BATSHUAYI
[/size]

Despite having a below par season on loan at Anderlecht in Belgium, Nigeria U-23 forward Imoh Ezekiel is still attracting interest from French side Olympique Marseille.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered, Marseille expect their top striker who has 20 goals this season Mitchy Batshuayi to leave in the summer as he is on the wanted list of some English Premiership team.

Not to be caught unaware if Batshuayi get his wish to leave the Stade Velodrome, they are already lining up a deal for Ezekiel who although is still a player of Qatari side Al-Arabi is not expected to return to the oil rich nation in the summer.

Marseille won’t have much problem in agreeing a deal with Al-Arabi for Ezekiel as they have a very healthy relationship with the Qatari side.

Ezekiel had endured a miserable season and he is presently out for the season after fracturing his jaw while on international duty with Nigeria U-23s where he was one of the top performers as they shock Brazil 1-0 in their backyard in a friendly meant to prepare both team for the Olympics in Rio.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/02/marseille-line-up-move-for-nigeria-u-23-forward-to-replace-batshuayi/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2016
[size=14pt]
Abdul Ajagun Announces Return To Panathinaikos
[/size]

Abdul Ajagun has informed via social media that he will not be extending his loan agreement with Levadiakos.

The attacking midfielder penned a short-term contract with the Blue-Green in the January transfer window due to his lack of first team opportunities at Panathinaikos.

The ex-Flying Eagles skipper was involved in 12 matches (10 starts) for Levadiakos in the Greek Super League and picked up two cautions.

Abdul Ajagun has a valid contract with Panathinaikos until the summer of 2018.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18881

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 10:43am On May 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Fifa snubs Nigerian referees for 2016 Olympic football
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_France/d3/d9/football-spray-referee_nixtbxz13de01uga1o74x6smj.jpg?t=-1444145790&w=620&h=430[/img]

By Shina Oludare

The world football ruling body has announced the list of arbiters to officiate in Rio with no Nigerian making the cut

No Nigerian referee will be on duty when the 2016 Olympic football tournament kicks off August in Rio.

The Fifa Referees Committee confirmed the appointment of 88 match officials from over 40 countries to officiate at the Olympics with no Nigerians mentioned.

The men’s competition will see 18 referees and 32 assistant referees officiate and at the women’s tournament, 14 referees and 24 assistant referees will be on duty.

Africa boast of four referees namely Kwimbira Bernadettar (Malawi), Camara Dhibril (Senegal), Samba El Hadji Malick (Senegal) and Ahmed Waleed (Sudan).

The football event will take place from August 3rd – 21st, with the competition’s men’s and women’s finals taking place in the Maracanã stadium.

Seven stadiums in total will host the competitions including 2014 Fifa World Cup host venues: Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Manaus, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador and São Paulo.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/17742/olympics/2016/05/02/23041302/fifa-snubs-nigerian-referees-for-2016-olympic-football?ICID=HP_HN_3
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 4:36pm On May 03, 2016
Happy birthday to one of Nigeria's fast rising soccer star. Many more years in top football, many more goals and many more assists!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX IWOBI!!!

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by yoged(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I doubt the growth of our young talents overseas spells doom for our local league but the opposite.

What we need is for our Coaches to continue holding large camps and making these players work together in training before selecting their final list.

That was a mistake Coach Siasia made and I think it will not repeat itself again. (Sending the home based lads away early)

If these players work together in training, they learn from each other and improve themselves. This intern make the local base players better and make those who are as good and even better than the foreign pros, compete and gain their places in the Super Eagles team.
you will never lack wisdom. People keep mentioning ojo this , solanke that. what's the probability these guys will perform or will even blend with the team . We don't need any useless players , where were they when the home based were fighting it out. I don't really buy the idea. We need players that can play for at least 5 years ,graduating from youth stage to senior level . . Ojo ko aina ni.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Pavarotti: 7:04am On May 04, 2016
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2016
yoged:
you will never lack wisdom. People keep mentioning ojo this , solanke that. what's the probability these guys will perform or will even blend with the team . We don't need any useless players , where were they when the home based were fighting it out. I don't really buy the idea. We need players that can play for at least 5 years ,graduating from youth stage to senior level . . Ojo ko aina ni.

What makes u feel they wouldn't be able to perform or blend with the rest? There is no proof in ur pudding, Iwobi did just fine. It's not by force to invite them but don't belittle them just because, these boys are fine players in their own right.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by yoged(m): 9:16am On May 04, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

What makes u feel they wouldn't be able to perform or blend with the rest? There is no proof in ur pudding, Iwobi did just fine. It's not by force to invite them but don't belittle them just because, these boys are fine players in their own right.
it's too early to judge . How many games has iwobi played and how many games has he started . Well, his case is different. But taking the likes of ojo ,solanke and co straight to a tournament isn't right to me . They should fight for the shirt .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria Olympic team set for Korea tourney, Siasia won't release call-ups
[/size]

Nigerian U23 goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel

Nigeria Olympic team are set to depart the country for an invitational tournament in Seoul, Korea, by May 29 as coach Samson Siasia has decided domestic league players will no longer be released for mid-week games.

"From the information at my disposal, we are supposed to be traveling on 29th May, to Seoul,” said Siasia.

“It means we have barely two weeks to prepare adequately for that competition that will have in attendance other teams that would be going to the Olympics."

The coach has therefore declared that from Monday, May 9, he will no longer release any player from training camp to play for their clubs during Nigeria Professional Football League mid–week matches.

Speaking after Tuesday's training at the practice pitch of the National Stadium, Abuja, coach Siasia noted that he barely had enough players in camp to start real preparations for the Olympics, which is barely three months away.

"I must confess that it has not been easy for me and my technical crew; a lot of the players we need to work with won’t report to camp as at when due because their club chairmen will always call me to beg that these players stay back to play mid –week games,” he said.

“I understand their plight that they need these players to do well in the league, but then we must draw a line between national interest and club interest.

“I have always built the foundation of my team on the home-based players, so it is players I have at my disposal who I will work and plan with.

"So, I am appealing to all involved to please bear with us, because from next week, I will not release any player for mid –week games.

“If the clubs cannot release these players, then I am sorry, no matter how good these players are, they cannot be part of my plans."

Siasia further disclosed he will soon release the names of foreign-based professionals expected to be part of the preparation, saying he has delayed announcing their names because he has not been able to get assurances from their clubs on their release for the Games.
http://africanfootball.com/news/627084/Nigeria-Olympic-team-set-for-Korea-tourney-Siasia-won-t-release-call-ups
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by justiz5(m): 9:57am On May 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23 skipper shattered to miss Turkish playoffs
[/size]

Azubuike Okechukwu

Yeni Malatyaspor midfielder Okechukwu Azubuike has said he is disappointed to have missed out on the chance of winning promotion to the Turkish Super Lig after they drew 3-3 with Karsiyaka in the Turkish PTT 1 Lig, which effectively ended hopes of a place in the play-offs.

Malatyaspor needed to win the game to keep their slim chances of playing in the top-flight alive, but failed to do so as they were held at home on Monday night.

And speaking to AfricanFootball.com, the Nigeria U23 skipper expressed his disappointment at the development.

“I feel disappointed and sad for failing to make the play-offs with my team,” he said.

The 19-year-old was on from start to finish in the game, as has been the case since joining from Bayelsa United, but he could not help them get into the play-offs.

Meanwhile, Nigeria’s 2013 Africa Cup of Nations hero Sunday Mba was also in action for Malatyaspor and lasted for 68 minutes before being replaced, while Izu Azuka watched the entire proceedings from the bench.

By Chris Oguguo

Nigeria country page »
http://africanfootball.com/news/627121/Nigeria-U23-skipper-shattered-to-miss-Turkish-playoffs
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2016
Pavarotti:

Dele Alli Could one day be a king in Nigeria

read

http://www.soccerassembly.com/forums/topic/dele-alli-could-one-day-be-king-in-nigeria/

Dele Ali and his family members are fooling themselves. How can you deny your heritage and still feel you will be relevant any time you come home. Hmmmmmmmmmm I will be the first to ignore him. So these 'Foreign' Nigerians think we are fools right?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Alex Iwobi Voted Arsenal Third Best Player In April
[/size]

Nigeria international Alex Iwobi has missed out on Arsenal’s Vitality Player of the Month award for the second straight month .

The attacking midfielder finished third in the voting behind Egypt international Mohamed Elneny, who picked up the accolade in March, and Chile star Alexis Sanchez.

Elneny got 40.2 percent of the combined votes, Alexis gained 32.3 percent while Iwobi was next with 16.3 percent of the votes.

In April, Iwobi made six straight starts for Arsenal in the Premier League, racked up 448 minutes of game time in the process, and was on target against Watford (April 2) and notched two helpers the following weekend against West Ham.

The 20-year-old has been called up to the Nigeria squad for the upcoming friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18908
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia To Prune U-23 Eagles Pre-Olympics Camping List Down To 50
[/size]

There are strong indications that the proposed 60 man provisional list drawn up by Dream Team coach Samson Siasia for the Rio 2016 Olympics will be pruned down from 60 to 50, Completesportsnigeria.com has reliably gathered.

Completesportsnigeria.com gathered that the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, are currently considering the cost implications of camping sixty players ahead of the Games.

"Having pulled out of the Toulon Tournament in France will cost the Federation about 80,000 euros. Siasia has been mandated to draw up a list of 50 players and not 60 anymore," the source revealed to Completesportsnigeria.com.

"The only pre-tournamnet game for the team will be the South Korea Invitational Tournament coming up early June."

Nigeria are in Group B along with Japan, Colombia and Sweden, for the the preliminary group stage of the men's football event of the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Meanwhile, Siasia has revealed that he will release the names of foreign based professionals expected to be part of the preparation in the coming weeks.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/siasia-prune-u-23-eagles-pre-olympics-camping-list-50/#PzOwx3DhUQp74BW6.99
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.