Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (716568 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by eterisan(m): 5:44pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

You want to be noticed, you have been noticed. You can run along now. Thank you.
. This Joseph you are getting rude.. This is so unlike you. Do you have any personal problems disturbing you?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by eterisan(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Please.... let everyone (whoever you are) calm down okay.

Okay... everyone go on a reset.... this Sirs Joseph1013 and TheGoodJoe argumentative discourse won't produce a "confluence point"... for now... wink

But please, y'all feel free to comment okay.... It's OUR house.... wink

But let us also know where certain arguments or discussions originate from and the central angles of focus before we comment okay. Please Y'all....
wink

Sir Eterisan... Been a long while I read a comment of yours... You are always welcome. cheesy

My brother ..lolz...you know na...I only step out of the shadows when someone is messing up..and Joseph is doing that now...it is totally unnecessary the way he answered that guy. He's acting just the way safari girl used to act...anyways my 2cents...Thanks for your comment you have a keen eye...

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by eterisan(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=46021568] Please.... let everyone (whoever you are) calm down okay.

Okay... everyone go on a reset.... this Sirs Joseph1013 and TheGoodJoe argumentative discourse won't produce a "confluence point"... for now... wink

But please, y'all feel free to comment okay.... It's OUR house.... wink

But let us also know where certain arguments or discussions originate from and the central angles of focus before we comment okay. Please Y'all....
wink

Sir Eterisan... Been a long while I read a comment of yours... You are always welcome. cheesy

My brother ..lolz...you know na...I only step out of the shadows when someone is messing up..and Joseph is doing that now...it is totally unnecessary the way he answered that guy. He's acting just the way safari girl used to act...anyways my 2cents...Thanks for your comment you have a keen eye...

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:56pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

I must have skipped this list while responding to mentions. What a list! I wont say more than that.

In that list, I can't take up to 5 to the Olympics.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:42pm On May 27, 2016
The list is out. Lets see how far the players can go in the tournament.

Am still wondering why and how Aminu Umar is ahead of Isaac Success and fits more into the plans of Siaone.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:42pm On May 27, 2016
It's a pleasure watching Jay Jay play football again...
Mehn... That man still got skills... I think he needs to be drafted into our scouting team so he can help scout for skillful n young talented players.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Talent Isaac Success Yet To Agree Personal Terms With Watford
[/size]

Isaac Success’s proposed move to English Premier League side Watford is dependent on the sale of Odion Ighalo this summer, according to the Granada’s striker representative.

Udinese, Granada and Watford suits have been locked in talks with the player’s intermediary Oliver Noah since February but the parties are yet to strike an agreement due to his wage demands.

“Isaac Success will join Watford if Ighalo is sold. In the first half of the season, several big teams in England, including Chelsea, were calling Watford that they want to sign him but he didn’t score much in the second half, ” Dominic Egbukwu told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“We are still negotiating his wages and hopefully an agreement will be reached soon .”

Isaac Success earned €20-30,000 every month at Granada last season, more than double the sum he received during his first year in Andalusia and wants his pay raised to a minimum of €50,000 per month before agreeing personal terms.

The likes of Inter Milan, Atlético Madrid and PSG are monitoring the situation of the former Golden Eaglets sensation, aside the interest from The Vic.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19175

[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dijon: 7:55pm On May 27, 2016
Nigeria 1 : 0 Mali
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by dijon: 7:55pm On May 27, 2016
Nigeria 1 : 0 Mali 78 mins.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:58pm On May 27, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Alex Iwobi To Wear Arsenal Number 17 Jersey Vacated By Alexis
[/size]

Alex Iwobi will wear Arsenal’s number 17 jersey next season, the Gunners have officially announced via their official Twitter page.

The departure of Czech Republic internationalTomáš Rosický at the end of the 2015-16 season allowed Alexis Sánchez to change his shirt number from number seventeen to seven.

And Alex Iwobi has been handed the number 17 kit following the number change by the Chile international.

Last season, the 20-year-old played with the number 45 shirt but it appears he is in the plans of manager Arsene Wenger next season as he has been allocated a lower squad number.

The Nigeria international wore the number 60 shirt when he first made the Gunners 18-man squad for a competitive fixture, the League Cup tie against West Brom in September 2013, then was the owner of the number 45 kit during the Champions League meeting with Galatasaray a year later.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19202

[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:00pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=joseph1013 post=46022790]

So despite Anichebe's poor performance last season, you would not mind it if Siasia calls him for Rio? No problem. Like forgiveness said, as long as Siasia trusts his family members, they should represent us at the Olympics. Nothing spoil.
[/quote

grin]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 8:02pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1013:

So despite Anichebe's poor performance last season, you would not mind it if Siasia calls him for Rio? No problem. Like forgiveness said, as long as Siasia trusts his family members, they should represent us at the Olympics. Nothing spoil.

grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:29pm On May 27, 2016
dijon:
Nigeria 1 : 0 Mali 78 mins.
Iheanacho doing the do

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2016
Hehehehehe... let his goals count begin!!! The Alien Kid (aka ICEMAN by man city bluemoon fans) just opened his own channel to an avalanche of many more goals to follow.
grin

Michael babatunde's assist was good too..... wink

And just when you think the day is over, Rashford scores also!!!!! He is now England's youngest debut scorer.

Watch out for Football's next big rivalry.... Iheanacho vs Rashford vs Martial..... na wa oooo

BascoVanVeli:

Iheanacho doing the do

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Hehehehehe... let his goals count begin!!! The Alien Kid (aka ICEMAN by man city bluemoon fans) just opened his own channel to an avalanche of many more goals to follow.
grin

And just when you think the day is over, Rashford scores also!!!!! He is now England's youngest debut scorer.

Watch out for Football's next big rivalry.... Iheanacho vs Rashford vs Martial..... na wa oooo

You forgot Isaac Success who is on his way to Watford FC. I expect big things from Success next Season. Sad Osimhen did not join Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15pm On May 27, 2016
Nna eh!!!

O di kwa explosive oooo ..... ele hi gi di gan oooo.....

Success, Iheanacho, Martial, Rashford, Osimhen, Brahim Diaz, Dybala, Angel Correa, etc....

The next generation of Ballon D'or contenders don dey show small small..... grin grin grin

TheGoodJoe:

You forgot Isaac Success who is on his way to Watford FC. I expect big things from Success next Season. Sad Osimhen did not join Arsenal.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Nna eh!!!

O di kwa explosive oooo ..... ele hi gi di gan oooo.....

Success, Iheanacho, Martial, Rashford, Osimhen, Brahim Diaz, Dybala, Angel Correa, etc....

The next generation of Balloon D'or contenders don dey show small small..... grin grin grin

Explosive talents. I also see Kenedy at Chelsea becoming solid in the future. Lukaku is also a danger man for the future.

I hope our boys give them a good fight and I hope Manu Garba discover more explosive talents for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:32pm On May 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thank goodness Osimhen didn't join arsenal now he can focus without the pressure of coming after Iheanacho, there are grown men who have not had a season like he's had

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39pm On May 27, 2016
AIG07:
It's a pleasure watching Jay Jay play football again...
Mehn... That man still got skills... I think he needs to be drafted into our scouting team so he can help scout for skillful n young talented players.

I loved when Eto'o playfully led him to the sideline asking for a sub but that just shows Nigerians that this man is one of a kind we should stop the impossible search for another Okocha and just celebrate him while we still can people like him come once a lifetime.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On May 27, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Thank goodness Osimhen didn't join arsenal now he can focus without the pressure of coming after Iheanacho, there are grown men who have not had a season like he's had

I believe Nacho's season would have inspired Osimhen to work hard for a fantastic breakthrough season.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I loved when Eto'o playfully led him to the sideline asking for a sub but that just shows Nigerians that this man is one of a kind we should stop the impossible search for another Okocha and just celebrate him while we still can people like him come once a lifetime.

I still believe another one is coming. We can produce another ten as good as Jay Jay.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I believe Nacho's season would have inspired Osimhen to work hard for a fantastic breakthrough season.

He can do that in Germany without the pressure from the English media

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:08pm On May 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

grin

Its going to an interesting competition. Let the season begin.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
UNNAMED GERMAN TEAM SLAP IN BID FOR VIKING SULEIMAN ABDULLAHI
[/size]

Viking of Norway are currently mulling over a bid from an unnamed German side for the services of their 19 year old Nigerian forward Suleiman Abdullahi according to reports sourced by Owngoalnigeria.com.

He has been a target for German second division team St. Pauli but this time around there is no confirmation if it’s the same team that are back in for him.

Viking in the last two transfer windows rejected two bids from the German second division side holding out for a larger transfer fee but according to reports, the rumoured new bid is said to be lesser that what St. Pauli offered.

However despite the fact that the bid is said to be lower than what Viking have received in the past, this time around they appear willing to do business as talks are already at an advanced stage going by what we gathered.

Abdullahi had a total of nine goals from 30 games last season in all competition but he is presently just two goals shy of his overall tally for last season after 13 games this season, a sign of his improvement in front of goal.

He is one of four Nigerians currently at Viking, the others been Samuel Adegbenro,Usman Sale and Aniekpene Udo.

*Rasheed Michael
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/28/unnamed-german-team-slap-in-bid-for-viking-suleiman-abdullahi/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 1:28pm On May 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
GENT SET TO CUT LOOSE OLAYINKA, TROOST -EKONG HEADING FOR ANOTHER LOAN SPELL
[/size]

Dethroned champions of Belgium Jupiler league Gent are reportedly set to cut loose injury ravaged Nigerian forward Peter Olayinka while his compatriot William Troost Ekong is set for another loan spell away from the club.

Olayinka’s transfer was a record sale in the history of Albania football as he was reportedly bought for almost a million Euros by Gent after scoring 16 goals in his last two seasons with Skenderbeu Korce.

However 20 year old Olayinka has not kicked a ball in anger for Gent in a competitive game since joining them six months ago, no thanks to an injury picked up during their winter camping prior to the resumption of the second round of games in Belgium.

Meanwhile Troost- Ekong signed on a free transfer in the summer from Groningen after a loan spell with Dordrecht in the Dutch Eredivisie was immediately loaned out upon his signing to FK Haugesund of Norway where his fine performances have lead to insinuations that he could be recalled but it appears not to be the case.

Gent have reportedly set the wheel in motion to extend Troost-Ekong’s loan spell at FK Haugesund where the 22 year old has risen to the rank of captain of the team in less than a year due to his impressive performances.

However according to Het Nieuwsblad the duo are part of the trimming coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck plans to carry out this summer to create space in the team for some players he plans to bring in.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/28/gent-set-to-cut-loose-olayinka-troost-ekong-heading-for-another-loan-spell/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2016
Siasia choice of players these days is crazy,I read somewhere that he has picked Akpeyi,Ighalo and Mikel as over age players, what will the final list be like

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:15pm On May 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Man City congratulate Kelechi Iheanacho after maiden Nigeria strike
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/72/71/kelechi-iheanacho-nigeria-vs-egypt_141f1zitgxyya1tvmucnhykom2.jpg?t=-1358775301&w=620&h=430[/img]
The Citizens celebrated the wonderkid's finish to down Mali in an international friendly on Friday
Manchester City have congratulated Nigeria wonderkid Kelechi Iheanachoas his late goal downed Mali on Friday.

The 19-year-old forward—who has been one of the revelations of the Premier League season—made his Super Eagles debut in a World Cup qualifier against Swaziland in November 2015, but had to wait until this weekend's international friendly to break his international duck.

Congratulations @67Kelechion your winning goal! #mcfc https:// /0smzM9Cj6R— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) May 27, 2016

With Nigeria's bout against their west African neighbours in Rouen was seemingly destined for a 0-0 draw, before Iheanacho was picked out by Michael Babatunde in the 77th minute and made little mistake with a sharp close-range finish.

"Congratulations Kelechi on your winning goal," wrote City on their official@MCFCTwitter handle, in acknowledgement of the youngster's strike.

Iheanacho has been a ray of light for the Citizens during a testing season at the Etihad Stadium, and while he struggled to impress in the Champions League, he scored eight goals in just 753 Premier League minutes—spread over 26 appearances, of which seven were starts.

The teenage sensation will surely be hoping to add to his tally when the Super Eagles meet Luxembourg in Luxembourg City on Tuesday.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/17252/super-eagles/2016/05/28/24021752/man-city-congratulate-kelechi-iheanacho-after-maiden-nigeria
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2016
Napoleon55:
Siasia choice of players these days is crazy, I read somewhere that he has picked Akpeyi, Ighalo and Mikel as over age players, what will the final list be like

Source?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:44pm On May 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
SCANDAL! 'Wash-and-Wear' Eagles can't exchange jerseys with Mali
[/size]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/1952331/all-news-olympic-eagles-u-23/242#46062272[/img]
Eagles star Moses Simon

by Samm Audu

It was a disgraceful scene in France Friday night when players of Nigeria Super Eagles could not exchange jerseys with their Malian counterparts after their friendly.

With president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick in the crowd in Rouen, the Mali players were shocked when the Super Eagles rejected overtures for them to swop jerseys after the match in Rouen.

It was later gathered that Nigeria do not have enough kits and that I was why they could not exchange jerseys.

“There are not enough kits for the team and so it’s wash your jersey and wear it for the next game for the Super Eagles,” a source who was at the game told only AfricanFootball.com

AfricanFootball.com has specially gathered that the NFF have had to buy additional kits in the open market as they have long overshot the quota for the year agreed with kit sponsors Nike.

Last year, a rushed sponsorship with Nike meant the equipment suppliers had to reproduce the kits they designed for Saudi Arabi for three-time African champions Nigeria.

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia described his team as "wash-and-wear" during last year's U23 AFCON in Senegal as they battled for kits for the Rio Olympics qualifiers.

Both officials of Nike and NFF have promised newly designed kits for the Eagles in February, but this has yet to happen many months later.
africanfootball.com/news/629468/SCANDAL-Wash-and-Wear-Eagles-cant-exchange-jerseys-with-Mali
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2016
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:31pm On May 28, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

He saw it in Complete Sports Nigeria.

Here: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/siasia-picks-mikel-ighalo-akpeyi-olympics/

I just wonder how our defense line would look like.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:04am On May 29, 2016
tbaba1234:

In that list, I can't take up to 5 to the Olympics.

Gbam! In addition no player from amongst d listed forwards woould make my list.

An under strenght list.
Siasia should know what he is doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.