Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698331 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:51pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Queens Park Rangers Weighing Up Move For Rosenborg Target William Troost-Ekong
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that FK Haugesund skipper William Troost-Ekong is attracting attention from a number of European clubs after putting himself in the shop window in the Norwegian Tippeligaen.

Scandinavian powerhouse Rosenborg have opened talks with the central defender’s camp over the possibility of bringing him to Trondheim but face competition, with Championship side Queens Park Rangers and clubs based in Germany also interested in his signature.

William Troost-Ekong, 22, debuted for the Nigeria side last year but he is having a breakout season in 2016 so much so that he has won five Man of the Match awards in the league, and earned the praise of the coaches after helping Wolves netminder Carl Ikeme post a shutout in Friday’s friendly against Mali.

The center back is a dual citizen as he was born in Holland, meaning he will definitely escape the strict work permit requirements in England if he is signed by Queens Park Rangers.

If the deal materializes, he will not be a stranger in London, having spent his formative years as a footballer with the youth teams of Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur prior to his shift to Eredivisie side FC Groningen in 2013.

Troost-Ekong and his management team are currently evaluating their options which include a possible return to parent club KAA Gent in the summer.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19214
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Odubajo Starts, Akpom Makes Bench For Hull City In Championship Play-off Final
[/size]

Hull City manager Steve Bruce has named his 18-man squad for Saturday evening’s Sky Bet Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley Stadium.

The big news is that Nigeria international Sone Aluko will not be involved for the Tigers as he has not made the squad list.

But the impressive wing-back Moses Odubajo will start for the KC Stadium outfit, while Chuba Akpom was named on the bench.

The London-born Aluko last played for Hull City in their 1-0 loss to Bolton Wanderers at the end of April, and was an unused sub in the play-off semi-final first leg against Derby County.

Hull City Starting XI: Jakupovic ,Odubajo, Dawson, Davies, Robertson, Huddlestone, Livermore Elmohamady, Snodgrass, Diame, Hernandez
Substitutes: Kuciak, Bruce, Maguire, Meyler, Maloney, Clucas, Akpom
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19216
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Dream Team VI Target Ola Adeyemo Eyes First Team Shirt At Watford
[/size]

Ola Adeyemo has assessed his performance for Watford in the recently concluded season and is looking to break into the first-team squad ahead of the 2016-17 campaign.

The 21-year-old joined the Hornets in March following a successful trial with the U21 team, penning a deal that will keep him at The Vic until June 30, 2017.

“I’ve enjoyed it,” Adeyemo told watfordfc.com.

“I’ve settled in well, I’ve been here a few months now and I’m enjoying it. It’s been good to get game-time, it’s all about getting match fitness.

“Now I need to prepare for next season because it’s a big one for me. I’m 21, I need to be getting games under my belt.”

The London-born player is on the radar of the Nigeria Football Federation and was called up for a training camp held by the Dream Team VI in January 2015.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19218
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:09pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : BK Hacken Running The Rule Over Tornadoes Star Dubbed The Nigerian Di Maria
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Swedish Allsvenskan side BK Häcken have handed a trial to the highly-rated Niger Tornadoes winger Wilfred Ameh, 18.

Manager of The Wasps, Peter Gerhardsson, will continue to monitor him at close quarters in the next few days before reporting to his superiors whether or not he should be offered a contract this summer.

Wilfred Ameh can play on the right and left wings and has been dubbed the Nigerian Angel Di Maria back in his homeland .

Donald Malomo Paris gave him his breakthrough at TEAP FC, Abuja before he moved to Niger Tornadoes at the beginning of the 2014-2015 season from Kogi United.

If the youngster is offered a contract by BK Hacken, he will join out-of-favour Nigeria international John Owoeri at the Bravida Arena.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19222
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s To Train In Manchester And United States Ahead Olympic Games
[/size]

After the Suwon Invitational Tournament in South Korea, the Nigeria U23s will have a get together in Manchester, then move the training camp to Atlanta, United States before heading to Brazil.

Dream Team VI coach Samson Siasia is optimistic that his team can win gold at the 2016 Olympic Games.

The former Nantes striker was in the dugout eight years ago in Beijing when the Nigeria U23s lost 1-0 to an Argentina side that paraded Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi in the final of the football event.

“Not many people gave us a chance going to the African finals in Senegal. We love it that way because so much focus is on the other teams and we are able to concentrate on devising our own strategies.

“The last time I took the U-23 to the Olympics, we won silver. This time, we will aim for gold,” said Siasia to thenff.com.

Siasia has named a 20-player roster for the Suwon Invitational Tournament, including Tottenham Hotspur starlet Nathan Oduwa and Liverpool striker Taiwo Awoniyi in the squad list.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19225
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On May 29, 2016
The game was played yesterday and thankfully Hull City won the playoffs final 1-0 courtesy of Diame's goal.

I was so happy because it means Aluko, Odubajo and Akpom all get to feature in the EPL.

Don't know if Akpom will remain on loan or return to Arsenal.

Anyway, it was awesome as Hull pocketed 200 million pounds because of that victory yesterday. Next season's money policies really favor all EPL clubs and put them on equal grounds with respect to TV rights and more.

That is apart from the clubs' individual financial capacity.

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Odubajo Starts, Akpom Makes Bench For Hull City In Championship Play-off Final
[/size]

Hull City manager Steve Bruce has named his 18-man squad for Saturday evening’s Sky Bet Championship play-off final against Sheffield Wednesday at Wembley Stadium.

The big news is that Nigeria international Sone Aluko will not be involved for the Tigers as he has not made the squad list.

But the impressive wing-back Moses Odubajo will start for the KC Stadium outfit, while Chuba Akpom was named on the bench.

The London-born Aluko last played for Hull City in their 1-0 loss to Bolton Wanderers at the end of April, and was an unused sub in the play-off semi-final first leg against Derby County.

Hull City Starting XI: Jakupovic ,Odubajo, Dawson, Davies, Robertson, Huddlestone, Livermore Elmohamady, Snodgrass, Diame, Hernandez
Substitutes: Kuciak, Bruce, Maguire, Meyler, Maloney, Clucas, Akpom
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19216
[/b]

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
The game was played yesterday and thankfully Hull City won the playoffs final 1-0 courtesy of Diame's goal.

I was so happy because it means Aluko, Odubajo and Akpom all get to feature in the EPL.

Anyway, it was awesome as Hull pocketed 200 million pounds because of that victory yesterday. Next season's money policies really favor all EPL clubs and put them on equal grounds with respect to TV rights and more.

I hope Aluko leaves the club. I do not like him playing under Steve Bruce. Such a coach can not appreciate the massive talent of Aluko. Aluko needs to work with a coach that plays expansive attacking football. Not Steve Bruce.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2016
You're right. Aluko is so good but many don't seem to appreciate that he is yet to show close to half of his potentials.

But then, what clubs are showing interest now?

What are Aluko's options? Which club do you suggest for Aluko?

TheGoodJoe:

I hope Aluko leaves the club. I do not like him playing under Steve Bruce. Such a coach can not appreciate the massive talent of Aluko. Aluko needs to work with a coach that plays expansive attacking football. Not Steve Bruce.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On May 29, 2016
Nigeria Olympic team train in England, USA for Rio

Nigeria Olympic team will train in Manchester, England, and Atlanta, in the United States of America preparatory to the Rio Olympics in August.

The Nigeria U23 team, led by coach Samson Siasia, will this week feature at the Suwon Invitational Tournament in Korea.

Thereafter they will train in Manchester before heading to Atlanta, USA, from where it will travel to Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics.

Atlanta was the setting for Nigeria’s triumph at the men’s football tournament of the Olympics in 1996 – a first for an African country.
And Siasia said he can reproduce this feat in Rio.

“Not many people gave us a chance going to the African finals in Senegal. We love it that way because so much focus is on the other teams and we are able to concentrate on devising our own strategies,” he said.

“The last time I took the U-23 to the Olympics, we won silver. This time, we will aim for gold.”

In Rio, Nigeria will play in Group B of the tournament against Sweden, Colombia and Japan.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=629564
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2016
Wilfred Ndidi just secured Europa league football proper with his team KRC Genk.

His team defeated Charleroi 5-3 on aggregate in the Final Europa league qualifying playoff spot for Belgium.

Ist leg played last Thursday ended in a two nil defeat for Ndidi and co but they roared back today to win 5-1 and thus win 5-3 on aggregate.

He played the whole game and was quite decent overall. He had a very good game indeed and picked up a yellow late around the 85th minute.

Congrats Ndidi. smiley

Note: These playoffs was the reason he couldn't turn up for the Mali friendly. But he will join up with The Super Eagles for the Luxembourg friendly.

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

You're right. Aluko is so good but many don't seem to appreciate that he is yet to show close to half of his potentials.

But then, what clubs are showing interest now?

What are Aluko's options? Which club do you suggest for Aluko?

I know there is big money in the EPL and that many watch the league. Yet, I do not think that it is the right place for players gifted with lots of football skills.

There are very few players who play skillfully as we saw in the Champions League finals.

From Augusto Fernandez, Griezmann, Modric, Marcelo, Koke, Gabi, Felipe Luiz, Juanfran etc.

If Aluko is not in that kind of environment, he will look below his standard.

There are small clubs in Portugal and Spain who will value Aluko more than he will get at the EPL. The problem is their wages are far less. If not, Aluko should move to the Portuguese league or Spanish League, reducing his wage demands to show case his skills.

Money vs football. Always a problem.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2016
Indeed. Money vs (Good)Football development.

The issue rages on. And it's true that there are just a couple of very gifted players striving with their giftedness and wide range of technical abilities in the EPL.

The LA Liga has them in the most abundance. Well, It's all on Aluko.

TheGoodJoe:

I know there is big money in the EPL and that many watch the league. Yet, I do not think that it is the right place for players gifted with lots of football skills.

There are very few players who play skillfully as we saw in the Champions League finals.

From Augusto Fernandez, Griezmann, Modric, Marcelo, Koke, Gabi, Felipe Luiz, Juanfran etc.

If Aluko is not in that kind of environment, he will look below his standard.

There are small clubs in Portugal and Spain who will value Aluko more than he will get at the EPL. The problem is their wages are far less. If not, Aluko should move to the Portuguese league or Spanish League, reducing his wage demands to show case his skills.

Money vs football. Always a problem.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Thanks for the clerification Sir.

Also @ the bolded

[b][size=14pt]
Chuba Akpom Drops Strong Hint He Is Returning To Arsenal
[/size]

England U21 international Chuba Akpom has bid an emotional farewell to Hull City, having helped the club gain promotion to the Premier League.

And in a social media post, the Arsenal loanee has strongly hinted that he will not be extending his contract with the Tigers after joining the club at the start of the 2015-2016 campaign on loan to enable him get playing opportunities.

“Been a long and tough season. I’d like to thank everyone associated with Hull Football Club for supporting me through the highs and lows, still got a lot to learn but this experience will definitely benefit me.

“Hull will always have a place in my heart, thank you and enjoy your celebrations tonight #ak @HCAFC #backtotheprem.”

Chuba Akpom notched 7 goals from 41 appearances in all competitions last season, including a hat-trick against Bury in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

The 20-year-old was an unused substitute against Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship playoff final at Wembley.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19220
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:13pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ex-Real Madrid Defender Derik Osede Will Not Be Given The Opportunity To Represent Nigeria In Olympic Games
[/size]

Former Real Madrid defender Derik Osede will not represent Nigeria at the 2016 Olympic Games, amid reports that he is being considered as one of the players coach Samson Siasia will take to Brazil.

Now with Bolton Wanderers in England, the 23-year-old has committed his international future to Nigeria after turning out for all the youth teams of Spain, but it has come to light that he is not in the plans of the Dream Team coach though he is within the age limit.

Asked if he plans to hand a call up to Osede before the tournament, Siasia did not beat about the bush and replied : “Derik Osede? I don’t even know him. He is not in the squad for the Olympics.”

Derik Osede was born in Madrid to a Nigerian father and a Spanish mom and has decided to switch allegiance to Nigeria after failing to earn a single cap for Spain at senior level.

Last season, he played 23 games in the Championship for Bolton Wanderers and was cautioned just once.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19227
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:19pm On May 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Porto Defender Awaziem To Miss Friendly Against Luxembourg
[/size]

Porto defender Chidozie Awaziem has been ruled out of Tuesday’s international friendly between Nigeria and Luxembourg.

Having missed the friendly against Mali two days ago, there was a glimmer of hope that the 19-year-old will link up with the squad before the game against the European minnows, but that has been extinguished, with his intermediary revealing that he will remain in Portugal.

“It is safe to say that Chidozie Awaziem is out of the friendly against Luxembourg as he has not yet been issued a visa,” agent Babawo Mohammed told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“He has to wait until he is given an opportunity next time, he is still in Portugal. ”

Chidozie Awaziem has not yet been issued a permanent residence permit by the Portuguese authorities, therefore, he needed a visa to travel to France and Luxembourg though the three countries are in the Schengen Area.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19226
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:21pm On May 29, 2016
SIASIA DENIES NAMING OVERAGE PLAYERS FOR OLYMPICS, TARGETS GLORY IN SUWON TOURNEY

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/ff/e8/joseph-yobo-testimonialjpg_2p7zur55jcf312z8947py289y.jpg?t=-154189268&w=620&h=430[/img]

The tactician insists that he has not revealed the identity of the trio that will accompany the Dream Team VI to Rio.

Coach Samson Siasia has dismissed claims that he has announced the three overage players that will play for the Nigeria U23 team in Rio.

Report has it that John Obi Mikel, Odion Ighalo and goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi have been confirmed for the football event of the 2016 Olympics.

And Siasia has dismissed the news as false, insisting he will name them at the appropriate time.

“I have not named my overage players for the Olympics yet,” Siasia told Goal.

“Don’t know where those quoted me got theirs from. I’m taking my time before naming them before the best legs deserve to be picked.

Dream Team VI have been zoned in Group B with Sweden, Japan and Colombia and he is upbeat about his chances of making a meaningful impact in Brazil.

He also disclosed that his side will be gunning for glory when the Suwon international tournament begins in South Korea.

“My boys are very prepared and are eager to make the country proud,” he concluded.

“Our target is to emerge as champions as that will boost our morale ahead the Olympic Games.”

Nigeria begin their campaign against South Korea on June 2 before facing Denmark and Honduras at the Suwon World Cup Stadium.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/05/29/24059652/siasia-denies-naming-overage-players-for-olympics-targets

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:23pm On May 29, 2016
I strongly feel we should try this one out with the Super Eagles. Who knows?

[size=14pt]
Portimonense Agree Deal In Principle To Sign Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Portuguese LigaPro side Portimonense S.C. have reached an agreement-in-principle to sign Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo.

The lanky attacker had claimed to be on the shopping list of teams based in Portugal, Croatia, France and Belgium, but Portimonense have emerged as the front runners for his signature.

Barring any last-minute hitch, Simeon Nwankwo will join Portimonense S.C on a two-year contract when the transfer window in Portugal opens for business on July 1, 2016.

The 24-year-old represented Portimonense for three seasons before his move to Gil Vicente in the summer of 2013.

He was the top scorer in the Portuguese second-tier last season with 20 goals from 43 matches.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19224

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:25pm On May 29, 2016
Okay Sir Terzy.... Nice one. smiley

terzurum5:

Also @ the bolded

[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

England U21 international Chuba Akpom has bid an emotional farewell to Hull City, having helped the club gain promotion to the Premier League.

And in a social media post, the Arsenal loanee has strongly hinted that he will not be extending his contract with the Tigers after joining the club at the start of the 2015-2016 campaign on loan to enable him get playing opportunities.

“Been a long and tough season. I’d like to thank everyone associated with Hull Football Club for supporting me through the highs and lows, still got a lot to learn but this experience will definitely benefit me.

“Hull will always have a place in my heart, thank you and enjoy your celebrations tonight #ak @HCAFC #backtotheprem.”

Chuba Akpom notched 7 goals from 41 appearances in all competitions last season, including a hat-trick against Bury in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

The 20-year-old was an unused substitute against Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship playoff final at Wembley.
Igho Kingsley
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Ex-Real Madrid Defender Derik Osede Will Not Be Given The Opportunity To Represent Nigeria In Olympic Games
[/size]

Former Real Madrid defender Derik Osede will not represent Nigeria at the 2016 Olympic Games, amid reports that he is being considered as one of the players coach Samson Siasia will take to Brazil.

Now with Bolton Wanderers in England, the 23-year-old has committed his international future to Nigeria after turning out for all the youth teams of Spain, but it has come to light that he is not in the plans of the Dream Team coach though he is within the age limit.

Asked if he plans to hand a call up to Osede before the tournament, Siasia did not beat about the bush and replied : “Derik Osede? I don’t even know him. He is not in the squad for the Olympics.”

Derik Osede was born in Madrid to a Nigerian father and a Spanish mom and has decided to switch allegiance to Nigeria after failing to earn a single cap for Spain at senior level.

Last season, he played 23 games in the Championship for Bolton Wanderers and was cautioned just once.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19227
[/b]

Come On Coach Siasia. If you do not know Derik Osede, research about him. It is myopic leaving such a talent behind after he has pledged his international future to us.

Derik Osede is the most technically trained Nigerian defender. For Christ Sake, one of his Academy coaches and some of his Academy teammates won the Champions League yesterday.

If Coach Siasia tries him and he does not fit in, I can understand but not giving him a chance is Ludicrous.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:32pm On May 29, 2016
terzurum5:

Also @ the bolded

[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Igho Kingsley
[/b]

Yeah with Danny Welbeck out injured for 9months and Walcott's likely move away from d emirate Chuba a likely back-up CF for Giroud and a new striker to b purchased by Wenger.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Come On Coach Siasia. If you do not know Derek Osede, research about him. It is myopic leaving such a talent behind after he has pledged his international future to us.

Derek Osede is the most technically trained Nigerian defender. For Christ Sake, one of his Academy coaches and some of his Academy teammates won the Champions League yesterday.

If Coach Siasia tries him and he does not fit in, I can understand but not giving him a chance is Ludicrous.

So u now understand when we complain of Siasia's selections.

Especially in dat defense he is avoiding top players so dat his boys: Amuzie, Oduduwa and Amaefule would nt have competitors.

We are watching.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2016
Icon4s:

Yeah with Danny Welbeck out injured for 9months and Walcott's likely move away from d emirate Chuba a likely back-up CF for Giroud and a new striker to b purchased by Wenger.

Seven goals in forty one appearances, Arsenal will be better of signing Solanke. Akpom Stats are terrible for a striker. No where good enough for Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:40pm On May 29, 2016
Icon4s:

So u now understand when we complain of Siasia's selections.

Especially in dat defense he is avoiding top players so dat his boys: Amuzie, Oduduwa and Amaefule would nt have competitors.

We are watching.

I can understand if Coach Siasia is saying Derik does not fit in. For him to say he does not know him is annoying.

Coach Siasia should research on him and give a better statement. This one is vexing me. Especially with that leaky leaky defence.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:40pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Seven goals in forty one appearances, Arsenal will be better of with signing Solanke. Akron Stats are terrible for a striker. No where good enough for Arsenal.

U know Wenger's philosophy. With Morata(likely) and Giroud in d squad no need to spend on buying another top striker.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I can understand if Coach Siasia is saying Derek does not fit in. For him to say he does not know him is annoying.

Coach Siasia should research on him and give a better statement. This one is vexing me. Especially with that leaky leaky defence.

It would b a nightmarish Olympics if Siasia retains dat defense he used at CAF U23. Looks like dat is what is abt to happen.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2016
Icon4s:

U know Wenger's philosophy. With Morata(likely) and Giroud in d squad no need to spend on buying another top striker.

It is better he spends little on a striker with better stats or converts Sanchez to a striker and promote a creative player than keeping Akpom.

Akpom should work on improving his stats if he wants to make it at Arsenal

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2016
Icon4s:

It would b a nightmarish Olympics if Siasia retains dat defense he used at CAF U23. Looks like dat is what is abt to happen.

I hope he doesn't. It was catastrophic in the African Championship and this tournament was a chance to test other defensive options.

I thought he prefers these guys based on some technical reasons but to say he does not know Osede shows the research was not thorough.

That statement is unacceptable. Derik played in a poor side but he still stood out. Voted the third best player of Bolton.

It is wrong and a betrayal to football fans if there is a sentimental approach to the team selection of this dream team.

He does not know Derik. That is, the Nigerian Olympic team Coach. So what were they doing since?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:55pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I can understand if Coach Siasia is saying Derek does not fit in. For him to say he does not know him is annoying.

You no even vex reach me. Am still hoping this is just one of those imaginations of Allnigeriasoccer boys, to be denied or refuted by Siaone.

I don't want to believe that crap came from him.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55pm On May 29, 2016
Last season, Derik Osede played 23 games in the Championship for Bolton Wanderers and was cautioned just once. (one yellow card for a defender in 23 games).

This highlights the technicality in his play. You can tell Derik Osede is tidy in his play.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2016
terzurum5:

You no even vex reach me. Am still hoping this is just one of those imaginations of Allnigeriasoccer boys, to be denied or refuted by Siaone.

I don't want to believe that crap came from him.

Let me hope with you. That will be the perfect excuse.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:57pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It is better he spends little on a striker with better stats or converts Sanchez to a striker and promote a creative player than keeping Akpom.

Akpom should work on improving his stats if he wants to make it at Arsenal

No need, Welbeck would b back for d second half of d season.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:58pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I hope he doesn't. It was catastrophic in the African Championship and this tournament was a chance to test other defensive options.
I thought he prefers these guys based on some technical reasons but to say he does not know Osede shows the research was not thorough.
That statement is unacceptable. Derek played in a poor side but he still stood out. Voted the third best player of Bolton.
It is wrong and a betrayal to football fans if there is a sentimental approach to the team selection of this dream team.
He does not know Derek. That is, the Nigerian Olympic team Coach. So what were they doing since?

All these reports from Allnigeriansports should be taken with a grain of salt. The one about him not knowing Osede is not true.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.