Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700081 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Oga.... it is on record that we beat those nations while they carried such pedigree into Atlanta.

It was the exact same squad composition but An U-23 Side is as close as it gets to a senior side. It's the senior side's younger squad.

At Atlanta 96, Brazil had Ronaldo (World player of the year 1996), Rivaldo, Bebeto, Dida, Roberto Carlos... etc... Na wa ooo

Argentina had Crespo, Claudio Lopez, Ortega, etc..... come on!

It is on record we beat the reigning world champs and 93 copa winners.... take it or leave it.. grin

Even most of that Brazil squad went on to win the copa in 1997 and 1999. grin

That same Brazil squad (several of them) played France 98 too.

And Nigeria's crash in the round of 16 was a shock because we lost to a side that couldn't even beat the South Africans in the group stage.

We were favorites going into that match against Denmark because of our reputation as Olympics champs and the composition of our squad still littered with the golden generation.

But... and a big but... Tournament-wise, we were still underdogs... or better still, Dark horses.

We were underdogs even against Spain boasting a side that had UEFA champions league winners from Real Madrid's UCL winning side (Morientes, Raul Gonzalez, Fernando Hierro).

So yes, at France 98, we were largely underdogs. Dark horses, even, just to make it mild. wink

Thank you. Dark Horses and not underdogs. Dark Horses are considered as teams that may be able to win on an extremely good day, but underdogs are mainly teams that are just expected to ruffle a few feathers and disappear.

And I wasn't against what you said, my point is that you should have said we beat the 1997 Copa America finalists in the 1996 Olympics, so it will concur. It will simply mean that they graduated from the 1996 olympics team to the 1997 copa America team. None of those players you mentioned played for either Brazil or Argentina frequently at the 1994 world cup except Bebeto and Ortega, who were over-aged after all
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
Oga... lol

You ask if I know Morata??

Lol... plsss.. Morata is yet to show he belongs in the Villa/Torres role. A fantastic talent he is but was no where against the Czechs.

Is it because he scored against The Turks?? Lol...

Abeg, make him jam beta team, then we go know.

That is why I didn't mention Morata yet.... But he looks good to take over after all... WHO ELSE DEM GET?? lol...

Also, remember Spain always has talents... that is why they were termed the underachievers for years..... wink

Gaizka Mendieta, Pedro Munitis, Fernando Hierro, Raul Gonzalez, Fernando Morientes, Andoni Zubizarreta, and many more made sure Spain were always dreaded but they always never produced much.

So the likes of Mayoral, asensio don't move me Sir.... I have seen enough just like them in the past to know it's just the usual.

Spain always has talents but will they be able to produce the synergy that saw their golden generation dominate world and European football between 2008 and 2012/13.??

Time with tell... meanwhile Nigeria is another force on the rise again. smiley

Mickael2:

ehm

you cannot possibly replace Klose, it's not possible and yes, they have an issue there, they had to play Gotze who garbage to me as a false9, but nonetheless I expect them to produce another top striker soon.

II guess you haven't heard of Morata recently. I know he is still raw and not super talented like Villa but if he moves to a club will he be starting regularly then he could be better, well probably not but he will become better.

And when you talk about Spain, they are the future powerhouse personified. Degea is going to be their first choice for the next 13-15 years non-stop. Alba is still young, carvajal too, then you have Bellerin. Inshort, their fullbacks are certain to be top qualities for the next decade or 2. I can't really name any of their CBs now but I expect them to produce one, it's not such a tough position. Then I don't really think that I have to say anything about their midfield. Then they also have Asensio, Mayoral, Mariano and a host of other top talents in Barca and Madrid's academies.

Then Germany, apart from Kroos, Neuer and Hummels, all their players are below 27, and they have Andre TerStegen too
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

ehm

you cannot possibly replace Klose, it's not possible and yes, they have an issue there, they had to play Gotze who is garbage to me as a false9, but nonetheless I expect them to produce another top striker soon.

II guess you haven't heard of Morata recently. I know he is still raw and not super talented like Villa but if he moves to a club will he be starting regularly then he could be better, well probably not but he will become better.

And when you talk about Spain, they are the future powerhouse personified. Degea is going to be their first choice for the next 13-15 years non-stop. Alba is still young, carvajal too, then you have Bellerin. Inshort, their fullbacks are certain to be top qualities for the next decade or 2. I can't really name any of their CBs now but I expect them to produce one, it's not such a tough position. Then I don't really think that I have to say anything about their midfield. Then they also have Asensio, Mayoral, Mariano and a host of other top talents in Barca and Madrid's academies.

Then Germany, apart from Kroos, Neuer and Hummels, all their players are below 27, and they have Andre TerStegen too
Boateng is 27, turning 28 this year. 2018 will be his last world cup most likely, Ozil is also 27 going on 28

I do not think Brazil has much of a team these days. Take out Neymar and they're no better than Panama. Only Spain can be considered for now.

Besides, there has always been space for more than one great team in the world. Ask anyone today, teams that you'd tip to win the world cup. What would you get? Germany, Spain, Argentina, France, Brazil (always a fav even when they're obviously shiiit)

I think that's the vision Supernerd has for Nigeria. Give us a couple of years and an awesome coach and we'll be one of those teams. Only management and administration hampers our progress

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
You are right about The system.

That's why when I quoted Sir Mickael2, I said I strongly admire The systems of Spain and Germany. smiley

Earlier today or probably yesterday, Nigeria's U-20 Head Coach, Amuneke said "If we can sustain the Talents pool and inject them smoothly according to their progress into our Senior National teams, we would be a Super force again in years to come..." smiley

We are not there yet system-wise but........

Our U-17 program is currently the best and the envy of the Universe wink

**We can keep building on that coz we are really seeing bigger and better fruit recently compared to the past**

chrisooblog:
hmm supernerd i think i'm tempted to agree with mikael.

for one those nations have world class systems, structures and leagues that will always bring out the best in whichever players they churn out. you might argue that countries like brazil and argentina have above average leagues with just there infrastructure but they have systems that will always produce decent players and coaches.

nigeria on the other hand though we might produce talented players doesn't have the system comparable to the above mentioned countries to bring out the best in our players. so unless something drastic happens in the way our sports administration is being run (which to be honest i don't see happening anytime soon) nigeria will continue to struggle to make headway international but on the continent we will do well since we will be facing african countries with similar problems like us

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

I will name them later but let me address the other things you said.

We did not beat the World Champions Brazil, neither did we beat the Copa America champs, we beat their U23 side, there is a huge difference there. Romario was not in the team that we beat was he? Yet he was Brazil's best player.

We were not tagged as underdogs in the 98 tourney by any means. Infact, the World was shocked that we lost out in the Round of 16, everyone expected us to beat Denmark who were not just any weak team too. So that 98 team was in no way considered the underdogs, but you do understand that they were considered outsiders for the title infact!

By 1996, Ronaldo De Lima was already better than Romario. He was Supported by Bebeto. Rivaldo was already a rising phenomenon. Roberto Carlos was on his way to the top three players in the World.

Flavio Conceicao joined Real from there. Juninho was one of the best players in the EPL.

That Brazil team we beat was a beast of a team. I still watch that game trying to understand how we won.

We had a bright talented squad but their belief in themselves pushed then against Monster opponents. The Argentine team in the final was also a beast team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
I'm reading speculations that Iheanacho wants to drop the Olympic team for pre-season with City.

Don't know how true it is (reports emerged today), but, what do you guys make of the decision if true?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. He has a greater assurance playing during pre-seasons and getting acquainted with his new coach than he does playing for Nigeria. Siasia may just pull the same trick Manu did in U20, and Kelechi's sacrifice will be all for nought
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

ehm

you cannot possibly replace Klose, it's not possible and yes, they have an issue there, they had to play Gotze who is garbage to me as a false9, but nonetheless I expect them to produce another top striker soon.

We have better young talents than Spain at the moment. When you talk of the likes of Thiago Alcantara, Isco, Morata, Sarabia, Carvajal, Deuleofeu, Koke etc, they are the set before our golden generation. That is not the same set of our current team.

This is their time now but our team comes after them. Most still U20. Our Present U21 team, if well selected would rout the current Spanish U21.

By the way mark the Spanish Brahim Diaz. One of Man City's Etihad Campus Product. Beast of a player, plays for the U18 of Spain.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 5:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Chrisooblog understands my point perfectly well.

We may have the talent now but check this out, why is Enyeama not in a top club? I mean he is among the top 6 GKs in the world, but the thing is that all these top teams tend to include more of their nationals into their teams. Victor Moses would start ahead of Sterling if they both weren't playing for Liverpool, Omeruo would be a sure starter for Chealsea if he was an England player after his exploits at the World Cup.

So my position is this, we may have the talents now, but how do we develop without any youth system?! For a Nigerian to succeed he has to be super-talented not just talented, you are not going to make it in top league as a Nigerian except if you are so good that leaving you out would be a crime.

We have the talents now, but Germany, France, Spain and maybe Italy still have the leagues and the development systems. Check out England where the teams comprise more of foreign players than local one, that's why they are so poor. I heard that they are working on increasing the number of local talents in their team. So that's my point, racism still exists and it will hamper them all
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
safarigirl:
I'm reading speculations that Iheanacho wants to drop the Olympic team for pre-season with City.

Don't know how true it is (reports emerged today), but, what do you guys make of the decision if true?

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. He has a greater assurance playing during pre-seasons and getting acquainted with his new coach than he does playing for Nigeria. Siasia may just pull the same trick Manu did in U20, and Kelechi's sacrifice will be all for nought

Coach Siasia gets the blame for this. He was suppose to camp and screen his squad during the break before the preseason. He was to use that tournament as his final screening and he threw the chance away.

Just like Iwobi, it will be hard to pull these boys out of the preseason games because they can lose their places in the team due to competition from other players.

I did not expect Nacho to join the Olympics camp. Manchester City is very serious about this season's performance of the team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We have better young talents than Spain at the moment. When you talk of the likes of Thiago Alcantara, Isco, Morata, Sarabia, Carvajal, Deuleofeu, Koke etc, they are the set before our golden generation. That is not the same set of our current team.

This is their time now but our team comes after them. Most still U20. Our Present U21 team, if well selected would rout the current Spanish U21.

By the way mark the Spanish Brahim Diaz. One of Man City's Etihad Campus Product. Beast of a player, plays for the U18 of Spain.

Wait, are you serious? Am I mistaking or isn't it Spain that just won the European U21 and U19 titles?

Our U21 won't even come close to Spain's own, not because they are more talented but because they are more tactical. Most of them are already starters for teir clubsides, apart from a handful, most of our U21s are bench pieces. So we won't even get a draw against them
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

By 1996, Ronaldo De Lima was already better than Romario. He was Supported by Bebeto. Rivaldo was already a rising phenomenon. Roberto Carlos was on his way to the top three players in the World.

Flavio Conceicao joined Real from there. Juninho was one of the best players in the EPL.

That Brazil team we beat was a beast of a team. I still watch that game trying to understand how we won.

We had a bright talented squad but their belief in themselves pushed then against Monster opponents. The Argentine team in the final was also a beast team.

I am not really comparing which team is better, I just said that he should have made his point in a more apt manner. That's he could have said that we beat a brazilian team that later went on to win the 1997 Copa and got to the 1998 finals. Because saying we beat thesame Brazil that got to the 1994 world cup means we beat Romario and the other players there hence my point

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:
Chrisooblog understands my point perfectly well.

We may have the talent now but check this out, why is Enyeama not in a top club? I mean he is among the top 6 GKs in the world, but the thing is that all these top teams tend to include more of their nationals into their teams. Victor Moses would start ahead of Sterling if they both weren't playing for Liverpool, Omeruo would be a sure starter for Chealsea if he was an England player after his exploits at the World Cup.

So my position is this, we may have the talents now, but how do we develop without any youth system?! For a Nigerian to succeed he has to be super-talented not just talented, you are not going to make it in top league as a Nigerian except if you are so good that leaving you out would be a crime.

We have the talents now, but Germany, France, Spain and maybe Italy still have the leagues and the development systems. Check out England where the teams comprise more of foreign players than local one, that's why they are so poor. I heard that they are working on increasing the number of local talents in their team. So that's my point, racism still exists and it will hamper them all

Your point is very clear. As for England, they have themselves to blame. As long as they keep seeing foreign talents as their obstacle, they will continue performing poorly.

Throw out all these home grown rules and let their best talents struggle to make it.

Sterling is not worth £50 Million their home grown rules make him worth more than he really is.

Same goes to their teams. Their players are overhyped and grow into clubs they do not merit.

Competition is a key part of development and English players grow with little competition.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not really comparing which team is better, I just said that he should have made his point in a more apt manner. That's he could have said that we beat a brazilian team that later went on to win the 1997 Copa and got to the 1998 finals. Because saying we beat thesame Brazil that got to the 1994 world cup means we beat Romario and the other players there hence my point

I thought you meant the team was not as strong. I understand you now.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

Wait, are you serious? Am I mistaking or isn't it Spain that just won the European U21 and U19 titles?

Our U21 won't even come close to Spain's own, not because they are more talented but because they are more tactical. Most of them are already starters for teir clubsides, apart from a handful, most of our U21s are bench pieces. So we won't even get a draw against them

Tah. We will flog them. Which kind of not come close. Our fire power up front is crazy.

Our forward line of
Success - Osimhen - Iheanacho
Is a monster of goals.
Iwobi behind them is just dangerous.
Ndidi and Popoola make a monster shield.

We will flog them.

-------------------Osimhen(CF)-------------------
Success(SS) ------------------------Iheanacho(SS)
-----------------------Iwobi(AMF)------------------------
-----------Ndidi(DMF)-------------Popoola(CMF)

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Tah. We will flog them. Which kind of not come close. Our fire power up front is crazy.

Our forward line of
Success - Osimhen - Iheanacho
Is a monster of goals.
Iwobi behind them is just dangerous.
Ndidi and Popoola is monster.

We will flog them.

-------------------Osimhen(CF)-------------------
Success(SS) ------------------------Iheanacho(SS)
-----------------------Iwobi(AMF)------------------------
-----------Ndidi(DMF)-------------Popoola(CMF)

which club does Oshimen play for again? Have you seen Success? He tends to be selfish sometimes. A tactical team like that Spanish U19 will put two markers on him and he wiill fade out of the game. A tactical team that employs zonal marking will totally outwit this team. Don't forget that Bellerin will be playing and let's be honest, he is faster than Nacho, if they keep a highline, Nacho won't be able to get behind him. That's the tactics that am talking about, not that we do not have good players but they are more tactically astute
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Your point is very clear. As for England, they have themselves to blame. As long as they keep seeing foreign talents as their obstacle, they will continue performing poorly.

Throw out all these home grown rules and let their best talents struggle to make it.

Sterling is not worth £50 Million their home grown rules make him worth more than he really is.

Same goes to their teams. Their players are overhyped and grow into clubs they do not merit.

Competition is a key part of development and English players grow with little competition.

I agree. That's why I love these other leagues. They create a certain balance between local players and foreign players. In most of the other leagues the highest paid players are always foreigners, but in England it is Rooney who let's be honest has lost it since. Yet the local talents develop better in these other leagues because of the competition the provide, although there is still a certain level of preference to their local talents, especially in their youth teams. In England, their youth teams are made of foreigners who they expect they steal at the international level, infact the English League system has become a joke recently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

which club does Oshimen play for again? Have you seen Success? He tends to be selfish sometimes. A tactical team like that Spanish U19 will put two markers on him and he wiill fade out of the game. A tactical team that employs zonal marking will totally outwit this team. Don't forget that Bellerin will be playing and let's be honest, he is faster than Nacho, if they keep a highline, Nacho won't be able to get behind him. That's the tactics that am talking about, not that we do not have good players but they are more tactically astute

You are making it look like if the Spanish team do not get defeated or they have not lost with their zonal marking.

You are also making it look like only starters can play well. If it was so, would a player, Nacho benching at City perform the way he did.

I will say it and say it again. Our U21 will thrash this Spanish U21 side.

Success might be selfish to you but at his young age, he is the best player in a La Liga side.

Iwobi is a starter for Arsenal. Iheanacho in his last two games for the Super Eagles was our best player.

Ndidi scored four goals as a defensive midfielder during the play offs. These are beast players

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mickael2:

I agree. That's why I love these other leagues. They create a certain balance between local players and foreign players. In most of the other leagues the highest paid players are always foreigners, but in England it is Rooney who let's be honest has lost it since. Yet the local talents develop better in these other leagues because of the competition the provide, although there is still a certain level of preference to their local talents, especially in their youth teams. In England, their youth teams are made of foreigners who they expect they steal at the international level, infact the English League system has become a joke recently

What I like about Spain is that, they are not producing a Messi or a CR7. Villa was just a miracle. Players like that hardly come out in Spain. They now their limit and they build their team to play to their strength. They are not individually strong, so they defend together.

They do not have the Hazard or Victor Moses to skip pass players. So they stay together and pass the ball neatly.

They know their weaknesses. Accept it and work on their strength. The might not win all the trophies but they win a lot with it.

England needs to change their philosophy of the game. Accept their weaknesses encourage competition and they will grow.

Spain have been doing it right and they will keep performing. I see Nigeria growing in that way. Maigari started a good work maintaining continuity. I hope Pinnick continues.

Continuity is the Spanish strength.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What I like about Spain is that, they are not producing a Messi or a CR7. Villa was just a miracle. Players like that hardly come out in Spain. They now their limit and they build their team to play to their strength. They are not individually strong, so they defend together.

They do not have the Hazard or Victor Moses to skip pass players. So they stay together and pass the ball neatly.

They know their weaknesses. Accept it and work on their strength. The might not win all the trophies but they win a lot with it.

England needs to change their philosophy of the game. Accept their weaknesses encourage competition and they will go.

Spain have been doing it right and they will keep performing. I see Nigeria growing in that way. Maigari started a good work maintaining continuity. I hope Pinnick continues.

Continuity is the Spanish strength.

That's the problem. Pinnick hs been poor, let me not say he is poor but he has been poor. All we hear about are new problems, unpaid salaries, boycots, and all types of vices that you can imagine. I hope he picks up though, just that Dalung does not even know his own right and left
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are making it look like if the Spanish team do not get defeated or they have not lost with their zonal marking.

You are also making it look like only starters can play well. If it was so, would a player, Nacho benching at City perform the way he did.

I will say it and say it again. Our U21 will thrash this Spanish U21 side.

Success might be selfish to you but at his young age, he is the best player in a La Liga side.

Iwobi is a starter for Arsenal. Iheanacho in his last two games for the Super Eagles was our best player.

Ndidi scored four goals as a defensive midfielder during the play offs. These are beast players

No no, you said we will flog them. I am just trying to make you understand that they best we can get from them is a close game assuming they don't take us to the cleaners that is. You said something earlier, Spain does not have a Messi but they play to their strength, you just mentioned individual players from Nigeria, what if they do not work together? Anyways, let's just hope you are right and we get to rejoice in the next few years, I am a Nigerian afterall, it's not as if i want us to fail
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
It was Sweden who won the last UEFA U-21 title by beating Renato Sanches and co of Portugal via penalties.... Not Spain.

Mickael2:

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thank you for picking out Dalung too. That guy is clueless. it was his cluelessness that made Giwa start causing troubles for Pinnick all over again.

Not that Pinnick is even doing well too....

Mickael2:

That's the problem. Pinnick hs been poor, let me not say he is poor but he has been poor. All we hear about are new problems, unpaid salaries, boycots, and all types of vices that you can imagine. I hope he picks up though, just that Dalung does not even know his own right and left
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
I still made this point on my second post in reply....

I still said we beat largely the same side who won the 1997 and 1999 Copa America and finished second in France 1998. ( Additionally, A couple of them still went on to win the 2002 World cup..... ).

I said these and more....

Calling them World champs was a matter of pedigree and their reputation as a nation going into Atlanta and not as a matter of same players composition. smiley

Mickael2:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

It was Sweden who won the last UEFA U-21 title by beating Renato Sanches and co of Portugal via penalties.... Not Spain.

They won the U19 though grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
safarigirl:

Right now, I am not sure I care about Siasia any longer. Siasia looks like someone who is for his boys. If that's the card he will continue to play, Kelechi is better off going for the PreSeason with Pep and jostling for a starting place when the Season begins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
It's obvious Siasia wants Nacho but then There's absolutely no way Nacho will join the others for the U-23 camping in the U.S.A.

I personally won't endorse such move for Nacho. He needs the preseason with Man City much more to impress his new manager. And we all know Pep wants to get going quickly as next season's EPL will be the hottest in history because of the world class managerial line-up and touchline battles he has to face in Conte, Ranieri, Wenger, Mourinho, Pochettino, and Klopp.

If Siasia wants Nacho "bad enough", then he should be ready to welcome him by July's ending or worst August 1st as our First match will come up on August 4th.

If not, then I say, Iheanacho should miss the Rio games altogether.

P.S: Unless, a fine compromise can be reached. I wonder what it will be....

In other news, I fear Junior Ajayi may have an automatic slot in our Olympic team attack. The Speculations are quite strong and I dont like it one bit......

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34am On Jun 21, 2016
The MuAzam I mentioned earlier scored a brace on his debut for Wikki Tourists against his hometown club, Kano Pillars in what was a fierce and bloody encounter.

Kano Pillars had 3 red cards. Wow!

MuAzam (Alhassan Ibrahim Abdullahi) is back in the groove! wink

So happy to have him back under the radar... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:41am On Jun 21, 2016

BREAKING: GRANADA ISACC SUCCESS AGRESS FIVE YEAR DEAL WITH WATFORD

It is all but confirmed that Isacc Sucess won’t be playing for La-Liga side Granada next season after reaching an agreement to join English Premiership side Watford on a five year deal.

Athletico Madrid and West Ham were also linked with the forward but Watford beat the duo to the signing of the in demand forward after a ground breaking meeting which took place between the player’s agent and the hierarchy of the Premiership side.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that his agent Alfredo Fernandez held talks with Watford where terms of the initial deal proposed to 20 year were improved by the club before an agreement was reached.

Success will be annouced as a Watford player as early as next week, a big step up for the 20 year old who was once upon a time rated highly than Manchester City teen star Kelechi Iheanacho during their time together with the Nigeria U-17s.

Comfortable as a top striker he can also play from the wings and last season was his most prolific in front of goal with six goals to his name from 30 games for Granada where he has been since 2013.

He will team up with fellow Nigerian Odion Ighalo at Vicarage Road although they could miss the start of the season in England as they are reports the duo are set to be included in Nigeria’s team to the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/21/breaking-granada-isacc-success-agress-five-year-deal-with-watford/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2016
Yes! The beast is in the Premier League. He won't stay up to two years at Watford before a bigger team snaps him up. I am that optimistic.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:50am On Jun 21, 2016
Great!!! More visibility... Nigeria managers will have no reason to ignore him..

Iwobi, Iheanacho, Success..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
The MuAzam I mentioned earlier scored a brace on his debut for Wikki Tourists against his hometown club, Kano Pillars in what was a fierce and bloody encounter.

Kano Pillars had 3 red cards. Wow!

MuAzam (Alhassan Ibrahim Abdullahi) is back in the groove! wink

So happy to have him back under the radar... smiley

What happened with the Westerlo deal?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02am On Jun 21, 2016
Guess things didn't work out as fully expected. I remember he was said to have secured a 3year deal with Westerlo of Belgium around April 2015 before New Zealand 2015 kicked off.

Well, I am glad he's back. Hopefully, he builds on strongly from here. smiley

tbaba1234:

What happened with the Westerlo deal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 311
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.