Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Love And Age - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And Age (1342 Views)

Sex And Age / Women And Age Lies / Women And Age Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Age by MORNDEW(m): 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
Love is life and life is love. Love is a beautiful thing and should be enjoyed and experienced by everyone irrespective of age, but there is a debate about age differences in relationship. When the man is older irrespective of the age, theres no much fuss about it as many believe its normal. But relationships where women are older, are criticised and frowned at by almost everyone especially here in Africa. These write up will try to clarify issues concerning age differences with some facts.

Prominnet among the oppositions of a woman being older than the spouse in a relationship, are the christian fanatics who lack deep knowledge of the Bible’s view concerning it. The Bible did not stipulate anywhere, the specific age differences for relationship and marriages. To me, the Bible saw it as irrelevant and sheer waste of time as everyone is created equal.

One of their argument is that God created Adam first before creating eve and as such Adam is the senior and it should be so. But they failed to acknowledge that in heaven, there was no female figure recorded in the Bible hence the creation of man first and when God saw that Adam was lonely and needed a companion he created Eve. If not for companioship, Eve would not have been created. Beside all the other animals had their female counterparts and it would also be boring to create another man for Adam.

For those who are still not convinced about this based on Biblical standing, here are some facts i want you to consider.

Reuben, Jacob’s first son slept with the father’s concubine who was way older than him, (Genesis 35:22). A bible character Amram married his father’s sister and they gave birth to Aaron and Moses (Exodus 6:20). Now tell me will his father’s sister be his mate or younger? And to cap it all up, Judah, told Tamar to go to his father’s house and stay until his son Shellah grows up before they get married. (Genesis 38:11). These passages says alot about the Bible’s stance on this issue.

Love has nothing to do with age. Mutual understanding ability to cope and manage whatever the relationship has to offer is what is needed to sustain a relationship not age difference. Level of understanding, exposure and experience are things that most times make people matured not age. Like i always tell my friends, age is a record of ouir number of days on earth. Its for record sake it does not translate to individual maturity and level of thinking, action and responses. Hence, a 35 year old man behaving like a boy and a 26 year old guy behaving more matured.

In the creator’s sight, age means nothing at all, as long as both parties have reached puberty, love one another and are willing to work it out.

Princewill Chimereze.
Student, Writter, Facilitator, Public Affairs Analyst and Social commentator.

Re: Love And Age by MORNDEW(m): 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Love is all we need
Re: Love And Age by MORNDEW(m): 12:35am On Oct 25, 2014
Love love love
Re: Love And Age by karmababe: 12:58am On Oct 25, 2014
Great write up
Re: Love And Age by chigoizie7(m): 1:04am On Oct 25, 2014
love is all we need, accepted, bad as it may sound, let me say 80% of women are control freaks, there is more to marriage than mare relationships, in relationshipz, ur options are open , u can opt out anything u feel it does not favor u, but in marriage? its the other way round,u re in for better for worst, its not as if u cant leave a marriage that u re not comfortable in,@least thats why we have the word "DIVORCE". all i am saying is that relationships seem easier than marriages,we can endure it knowing fully well that we can opt out any moment,any time. u can condone ur older gf because majority of us knew we cant end up together, most of us just overlook it, but when it is marriage,please avoid dat mistake of marrying a lady older than u are, yes, @ the initial stage, AGE might just be a number to u, but sooner than later that control freak in women nature will resurface. i put it you all that love alone can never make marriage to stand the test of time, RESPECT,PATIENCE,UNDERSTANDING ETC are what make marriages what they are,i might have been beating about the bush,but in my humble opinion, men believe this is there world,and as such do not need to be ordered around by d same person her so perceived as a weaker sex, na serious world WAR o ooh,

secondly a woman who is older than a man always see it that she has d upper hand as science and simple life experience has shown that women seem more mature than their male counterparts of the same age, so being older than u, is kinda extra edge over u, she wouldn't,accept that u er the man of the house,there is a reason why for soo many yrs, u hardly see an older woman in marriage don't think those folks are stupid, this is ma 2cents, i don't know about u, our opinion may differ as our reasoning ain't the same, as for me? i would rather date an older woman, but can never marry an older woman, call it,EGO, INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES OR POMPOSITY, u aint out of line,it is who we are

1 Like

Re: Love And Age by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 25, 2014
I don't know how people can sit down and write such long thread. Anywayz,nice write up OP(I no read am) lipsrsealed
Re: Love And Age by MORNDEW(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
dovelike:
I don't know how people can sit down and write such long thread. Anywayz,nice write up OP(I no read am) lipsrsealed
Baby that is why it has not attracted many comments. and has not also made Fp. It was not meant for those who dont like to read and its not for immature minds.
I just put it up here because am a member of this forum. It generating lots of views on wwww.enlightennigeriablog..
Pls try and read it helps in life.
Re: Love And Age by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
chigoizie7:
love is all we need, accepted, bad as it may sound, let me say 80% of women are control freaks, there is more to marriage than mare relationships, in relationshipz, ur options are open , u can opt out anything u feel it does not favor u, but in marriage? its the other way round,u re in for better for worst, its not as if u cant leave a marriage that u re not comfortable in,@least thats why we have the word "DIVORCE". all i am saying is that relationships seem easier than marriages,we can endure it knowing fully well that we can opt out any moment,any time. u can condone ur older gf because majority of us knew we cant end up together, most of us just overlook it, but when it is marriage,please avoid dat mistake of marrying a lady older than u are, yes, @ the initial stage, AGE might just be a number to u, but sooner than later that control freak in women nature will resurface. i put it you all that love alone can never make marriage to stand the test of time, RESPECT,PATIENCE,UNDERSTANDING ETC are what make marriages what they are,i might have been beating about the bush,but in my humble opinion, men believe this is there world,and as such do not need to be ordered around by d same person her so perceived as a weaker sex, na serious world WAR o ooh,

secondly a woman who is older than a man always see it that she has d upper hand as science and simple life experience has shown that women seem more mature than their male counterparts of the same age, so being older than u, is kinda extra edge over u, she wouldn't,accept that u er the man of the house,there is a reason why for soo many yrs, u hardly see an older woman in marriage don't think those folks are stupid, this is ma 2cents, i don't know about u, our opinion may differ as our reasoning ain't the same, as for me? i would rather date an older woman, but can never marry an older woman, call it,EGO, INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES OR POMPOSITY, u aint out of line,it is who we are
If I had my way, I would have asked for your account details. You deserve something. Never mind sha. Your comment is on point.
Re: Love And Age by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
This is quite insightful

Personally, I think people give too much relevance to age differences
Age is actually just a number. It becomes a big deal when you or your partner makes it one
Re: Love And Age by MORNDEW(m): 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
Mizchief:
This is quite insightful

Personally, I think people give too much relevance to age differences
Age is actually just a number. It becomes a big deal when you or your partner makes it one

Thats true.

(1) (Reply)

Narrate Your First Heartbreak Experience / Power-and-control-in-a-relationship / Things To Accept And Abide With Before Your Relationship Can Succeed..9 Is Whaoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.