Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

God bless all Mothers. Amen - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God bless all Mothers. Amen (14049 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / 4 Women Claim To Be MIC Okusanya's Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

Of course wink
I saw this in that link you posted on the F.p

The bolded is exactly what meant by the body of a woman "designed for childbearing".

Without these hormones the pain would be unbearable.
Yet, it does NOT mean that the pain is not bad.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

Of course wink
I saw this in that link you posted on the F.p

The emboldened is exactly what meant by the body of a woman "designed for childbearing".

Thank you.

That was exactly why I referred her back to the link. The same hormones she claims brings euphoria are also present during labour. How can they bring euphoria after labour and not reduce pain during labour? Isn't that common sense?

The research as far as I'm concerned is spot on.

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

And I repeat for the umpteenth time ladies are more sensitive to pain.

It's an undisputed fact.

Yes, here and there, you might find guys who are as sensitive to pains as ladies, there are always exceptions. I'm talking of the norm and not exceptions.

It is a different thing to say that women are more sensitive to pain than to say women exaggerate.

I can see you're unwilling to accept that the same hormones causing euphoria after childbirth can equally make labour less painful. I think I know why.

If women told you the pain of labour is much more than that of menstruation, they are only confirming what the researchers found out.

They are exaggerating the pain. They've forgotten several times during labour when the pain wasn't intense- Probably due to the release of those hormones.

Without these hormones child birth would be unbearable.
Yet, it doesn't mean that the pain is not bad.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It is a different thing to say that women are more sensitive to pain than to say women exaggerate.

Yes, I know. I was thinking you were beginning to conflate the two. I decided to play along.

Without these hormones child birth would be unbearable.
Yet, it doesn't mean that the pain is not bad.

No, it means the pain isn't as bad as we're led to believe grin
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

Yes, I know. I was thinking you were beginning to conflate the two. I decided to play along.

No, it means the pain isn't as bad as we're led to believe grin

And what reasons do women have to mislead you and their daughters and granddaughters?
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by dre11(m): 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
Women have a threshold to bear pains more than men when it comes to things that would bring them joy
Things that makes them to be called a woman

So I believe women do endure a lot of pain at child birth
But I guess the research is not encompassing
Because it's only covers some locality and not the entire continents

Why do u think women now opt for surgery at child birth
This is because some don't want to experience the kind of pain they went through at their previous child birth.. ........

5 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2014
dre11:

Women have a threshold to bear pains more than men when it comes to things that would bring them joy

This is because some don't want to experience the kind of pain they went through at their previous child birth.. ........

Thank you!
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And what reasons do women have to mislead you and their daughters and granddaughters?

You make it seem like it's deliberate.

No, it's not. It's something hardwired into their subconscious.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

You make it seem like it's deliberate.

No, it's not. It's something hardwired into their subconscious.

No, you do!
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
dre11:

I read the bolded and I can't just stop laughing uncontrollably. grin Are you for real?

Anyway, about women bearing pains more than men when it comes to things that gives them joy, where did you get that from?

I hope you didn't just pull it out of your a.s.s grin
Nonso23:

En Otras palabras, the pain is endurable as it is a cleverly controlled body function..ie. those biological pain damping mechanisms are gradually assembled all through the 9 month period to make the process a lot smoother.
It's not as hellish as we are led to believe.

And yet many women who have given birth without anesthetics for the first time, won't do it again without them for a second time. wink
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

Your first paragraph is actually currently being disputed in the medical community.

Which medical community?

The one in Israel?

3 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

It may be very excruciating for some but that doesn't make it the norm. Labour is not fun but it's not the toughest pain there is e.g migraine . That is my point.
By the way, it is the fear of this labour pain that heightens the terror of the experience not necessarily the process.
I'm not being insensitive, maybe a bit indifferent.
Migraine is childsplay compared to labour. I have battled migraine for years and i tell you my pain threshold is high but i tell you nothing prepared me for the pain i experienced during childbirth despite the fact i was offered laughing gas o. To suck the laughing gas sef na war. God bless all mothers o.

6 Likes

Nonso23:

Who doesn't love the easy way out wink

So you admit that the pain is so bad that women take the risks of injections that go through their spinal marrow?

2 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And yet many women who have given birth without anesthetics for the first time, won't do it again without them for a second time. wink

No one likes to go through pain no matter how little the pain is grin
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
dre11:

Thank you jare. Maybe God should reverse roles so that men can go through labour pains and see for themselves. No wonder we have very insensitive men around who dnt bother going to the labour rooms. They have no clue. I doubt if the males here are married sef. pfffft.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

Are they incompetent?

Forget it. I am tired of this discussion. I will inform you of what it was like when I give birth.

And tomorrow I will tell grandma that she lied to me.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Empiree: 11:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
Op, like this one? [size=15pt]Rated PG 20 cheesy[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX3wwMikiGw&index=94&list=WL

2 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

No, I admit that people prefer the easy way out especially if the risk associated with such a choice is very little.

Why didn't these women make this choice when they gave birth for the first time?
They were like "I am going to do it the natural way, it is better for me and the baby".
And the second time they were like, never again!
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
honey86:

Migraine is childsplay compared to labour. I have battled migraine for years and i tell you my pain threshold is high but i tell you nothing prepared me for the pain i experienced during childbirth despite the fact i was offered laughing gas o. To suck the laughing gas sef na war. God bless all mothers o.

Exactly. I am expecting women like you to talk not men. Men should have no say in this if they have never been to labour rooms before. I dnt know why a man who has never gone through labour pains would compare migraine to labour pains. what sort of comparison is that?

7 Likes

Sophyrocks:

Thank you jare. Maybe God should reverse roles so that men can go through labour pains and see for themselves. No wonder we have very insensitive men around who dnt bother going to the labour rooms. They have no clue. I doubt if the males here are married sef. pfffft.

cheesy cheesy Or maybe tales of the highly unbearable labour scares them away
Nonso23:

If there weren't any anesthetics would they have had the choice?
Alternatives simplifies a lot of issues.

This is not the point. wink
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by dre11(m): 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

I read the bolded and I can't just stop laughing uncontrollably grin Are you for real?

Anyway, about women bearing pains more than men when it comes to things that gives them joy, where did you get that from?

I hope you didn't just pull it out of your a.s.s grin

About the emboldened part I don't need to argue with you
Because if ure a researcher
U will know that what entails in one locality will be different with what entails in another locality

That's why a tested research work in an area might not be applicable in another part in its entirety because of the different factors and subjective functions that will alter its result.. ...

at the second emboldened I always thought the family sections was for knowledge and not using abusive langs
So I felt disappointed by that ur words.. ....

Let lay point here without hitting jabs at each other

4 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

cheesy cheesy Or maybe tales of the highly unbearable labour scares them away

Are you a woman? have you gone through labour pains for hours before? do you know how difficult it is to force huge faeces out of your anus? now take that thought to pushing out a child out of the privates and tell me again why a woman would exaggerate that kind of pain. You are a man not a woman so you should have no say in this.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband / Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? / What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.