Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:07 AM

Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet (56668 Views)

How To Unlock Multilinks Evdo Modem To Work With Mtn Network / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Hp Pavilion Laptop Dv6700 With Starcomms Evdo Data Card: Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by kusehin(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2008
Multilinks Telkom has just released into the Lagos market a new device called EVDO broadband connection. They are offering 900kbps spped at 3.1mb download per seconds on REV A. It is on a USB Modem that you just connect to your system and it starts working. No expertise experience to install at all. The speed cannot be compared to any of the CDMA browsing speed and infact the speed they are offering is the best soo far in Nigeria and even in the teleommunication industry in the world. Starcomms and Visafone are just saying they have speed but when i connect to this modem, i salute Multilinks. Though the subcription is per month. get in touch with me on 01-2144580 if you are interested and want to know more about it. Anyone who has come across it can also testify to the speed and the cheapness.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Seun(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2008
Why should people get in touch with you? Do you work for Multilinks?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 7:02am On Nov 14, 2008
sad. multilinks does not update its website.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2008
we need more competition in the EVDO space. multilinks is a telco to watch out for . it just acquired mweb.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by mjay(m): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2008
How much does the service cost?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 8:56am On Nov 15, 2008
flyuche:

we need more competition in the EVDO space. multilinks is a telco to watch out for . it just acquired mweb.
Ehen!! shocked dat wud bbe cool oh because i know mweb's service was quite good tho very expensive grin
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2008
I went to their 7up office today and the Multilinks Evdo is not yet out, its due for release in December. . . I bet it'll cripple starcomms Evdo grin
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2008
jassie:

I went to their 7up office today and the Multilinks Evdo is not yet out, its due for release in December. . . I bet it'll cripple starcomms Evdo grin
december this year or next year? we had this company, prestel, that boasted it would roll out evdo last year, nothing has been heard of them since then. i understand it has been sold to a bank in nigeria. mutlilinks promised evdo rev A. but they should stop rolling out in villages and come to where things happen like PH
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2008
flyuche:

december this year or next year? we had this company, prestel, that boasted it will roll out evdo last year, nothing has been heard of them since then. i understand it has been sold to a bank in nigeria. mutlilinks promised evdo rev A. but they should stop rolling out in villages and come to where things happen like PH

let dem roll out 1st n lets c hw far grin grin grin
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by MrInfo1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2008
kusehin:

They are offering 900kbps spped at 3.1mb download per seconds on REV A.

It all about the money cry + Location embarassed
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 5:09am On Nov 16, 2008
:shuh: they r not the 1st to boast of such "day-dreaming" Speed. .

Glo, shouted sometime back, Mtn boasted wit em 3GB limit broadband nd Now Multilinks?

Let the news roll, while i sip on some 100kb+ @ least that no lie! wink
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by aloraboi: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2008
Guy bone that thing o, i don dey use starcomms before u even know their Evdo.

I known quite well Multilinks has more coverage areas in Lagos and when they say something, they are actually gonna do it, not like starcomms where u cannot get get Evdo in most areas in Lagos.

Why do you think Multilinks has waited this long to introduce their Evdo? U go fear say e go fast pass Starcomms Evdo for real. Multilinks with Telkom, no be small thing o! wink
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2008
aloraboi:

I known quite well Multilinks has more coverage areas in Lagos [/b]and [b]when they say something, they are actually going to do it, not like[b] starcomms where u cannot get get Evdo in most areas in Lago[/b]s.

Why do you think Multilinks has waited this long to introduce their Evdo? U go fear say e go fast pass Starcomms Evdo for real. Multilinks with Telkom, no be small thing o! wink
multilinks hv coverage dan starcoms---------is it evdo or 1x?
b4 u suscribe for evdo on starcoms dey wil tel u where it covers n if u can use it in ur area
multilinks waited this long because dey were looking for a bailout n along came Telkom
And if u tink Telcom just coming in has increased dia evdo coverage-------- wel my guy dats crap

aloraboi:

Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2008
EVDO or 3G no be garri. e no easy. abeg starcomms try. before that all these telcos just de give us nonsense speed, and them just de give us serious bills. if 3G easy, why zain or alheri neva roll out? [zain is even struggling on gprs, 2G]
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2008
Na Zain b alheri ?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 1:17am On Nov 17, 2008
hayprof:

Na Zain b alheri ?
DANGOTE 3G telco. got license same time as mtn, glo & zain. they don't even have one mast on ground.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by hayprof(m): 3:47am On Nov 17, 2008
flyuche:

DANGOTE 3G telco. got license same time as mtn, glo & zain. they don't even have one mast on ground.

so, they just wasted that license money? grin angry
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by LUDALOOLO(m): 7:56am On Nov 17, 2008
The multilinks Broadband cost #48000 for start and #25000 monthly, i dont know if its out yet an insider at multilinks told me that, i dont ask her if they have been selling though but when we are talking on the phone what she said was they have new tech,
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2008
i saw the advert on paper today. lagos and abuja
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by flyuche(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2008
who has given their new service a try?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by freakyy(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2008
LUDALOOLO:

The multilinks Broadband cost #48000 for start and #25000 monthly,  i don't know if its out yet an insider at multilinks told me that,  i don't ask her if they have been selling though but when we are talking on the phone what she said was they have new tech,

Aint it the same multilink that allows people to load a #200 card n browse 24hrs?? now they want to charge #25,000 per monf?? Crap! Mtn's 3.5G  sef na #10k. Glo na #10,  so what makes 'em superior,  shey their promise of 900kbps ?
Shoot!! m waitin to see their secret weapon,
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by amaikama(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2008
Seun!! please help me to ask him ooo!!! tomorrow now, he will be the one to complain about multilinks services is going hey wire.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by smartsoft(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
hey everyone i have a broadband at the back of my house, just N500/month abeg con connect fast, abeeeeeeeeeeg lol
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by lynxnoon(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2008
smartsoft:

hey everyone i have a broadband at the back of my house, just N500/month abeg con connect fast, abeeeeeeeeeeg lol
wat type of broadband n wich company?
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Muza(m): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2008
This broadband thing is a con, angry
When i first got the evdo 3 mnths ago they told me its boardband only in ABJ(i got it in kd),
I've been using it in ABJ(even right now),but i never see the broadband speed the claimed(2.3mbps).
The link speed is a disappointing sad 115kbps anly twice did it go up to 230kbps.
U can only open pages,forget fast downloads.
It took me close 2 1 week to download 800mb,even with leaving my pc overnight 4 like 2 dayz.

And can u imagine i got it for N21000 and N16000 suubscription evry month.
I'm just giving them some time,if they dont deliver i dey cut out. angry
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2008
C'mon lynxnoon, the guy was just jokin! tongue
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by worldman(m): 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2008
good da my fellow nairalanders all this mutilink wahala normal & poor service every day i have a secret which is very fast & reliable no mouthly payment we have mobile data card u can call 08067913156 olathunder2@yahoo.com
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by samir101ng(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
Whether you like am, whether you no like am Starcomms Izap is still the best EVDO package. You get killer speeds and your moneys worth. All i can say for Multi links is wait and see.
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by packa(m): 12:04am On Nov 21, 2008
@smir i agree with  u Starcomms is the best for now. although they are not giving us what dey claim sha undecided undecided. Prof,dual, uche and the rest of u who use izap xpress card or any izap products, just 2 let u knw u can send free sms with it to any network for free. I discoverd it last month i have not been around to share it with u guys. If u already know about it u guys should enjoy texting. For  those who don't know check it out.

U can also make free calls everyday 24hrs with ur roaming ruim(07029) u knw dey only give weekends calls but this one is diffrent.  just send me  an offline with ur no (07029 xx xxxx xx) i will call u 4 free and tell u how u can benifit from this. Imagine if all ur phone contacts have 07029 u know what that means? shocked shocked shocked shocked I'll leave u to solve that puzzle.

Note i won't keep this post up for long!!!!!!!! here is my YIM ejimon902001@yahoo.com

Starcomms we speak ur language. wink wink wink wink
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by Saddam: 1:15am On Nov 21, 2008
Starcomms is just good for their data download allowance, I just hope Multilinks EVDO will not be like MTN

with so much downloads limitations,
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by coolsegun(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2008
@all
don't let us praise one and condem another. let them roll out in large numbers so that we can make our choices base on the coverage and their prices
Re: Multilinks Telkom New Evdo Internet by packa(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2008
Good talk segun. As for me i think starcomms rocks for now grin grin grin although their products are expensive undecided undecided undecided cry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do I Connect Two Laptops Together Wirelessly / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? / To Transfer Pictures From Computer To Digital Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.