Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

African Americans Lack Values And Culture - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Americans Lack Values And Culture (11630 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 3:37am On Nov 17, 2008
I'm glad my forefathers were slaves,

I couldn't tolerate looking like an Ugly african. no offense.

but that accent is kinda gross.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 3:41am On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

I  couldn't tolerate looking like an Ugly african.  no offense.

but that accent is kind of gross.

no problem . . . i just wonder why you have to come on OUR board to remind US. Are there no Kenyan forums or American forums you could go post this in?

As much as we hate ourselves we can still come together to create a thriving forum where the likes of you lost souls can come and indulge in an orgy of self worship.

why did you have to put the pretentious "no offence" when your post was intentionally meant to create offence?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 4:15am On Nov 17, 2008
Mandingo has contributed no sense to this forum- just screaming 'up kenya, down nigeria' everywhere. like a high-schooler.

posting stuff like "im glad my forefathers were slaves". . . shish
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by SeanT21(f): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

You better stop looking in the mirror honey!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by ikeyman00(m): 11:27am On Nov 17, 2008
ooooooooh this refugeee commot for way

i cant see my nigerianself dyin for pipu like ulgy-lookin mssy-ellot, glad i am true born naija! hey comin to america

naija 4 liffffffffffffffffe! "yes offence" or no offence
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

this is a huge shame. Ever read "the adventures of Huckleberry Finn"? I had to drop it after a few chapters in disgust. To note that able-bodied men where sold like rags just for the color of their skin makes me sick.

That you are "proud" of such a fact shows what a sad, shallow-minded person you truly are. Its people like you who wont mind being slaves all over again as long as it means you can continue living in the US.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2008
That you are "proud" of such a fact shows what a sad, shallow-minded person you truly are. Its people like you who wont mind being slaves all over again as long as it means you can continue living in the US.

sorry, jungle boi

It's the Immigrant Africans - that are the NEW SLAVES.

You people will kill your first born to get next to YT!

You live to sniff YT's butt - and WORSHIP the ground he walks.

We historical Black Americans have been living with these DEVILS for centuries - we KNOW them for what they ARE!

All We want is our own peaceful existence without THEIR interference.

Black Americans have done NOTHING to the whites.

The Whites have done EVERYTHING DEMORALIZING to the American Blacks.

Our inner-city blues, jails, drugs, violence is a direct result of YT's BLOCKING our progression.

On the other hand, NIGERIAN unprogressed stance is a direct result of CORRUPT GOVERNMENTAL NIGERIANS SUBJECTING IT OWN PEOPLE!!!!

&

TRIBALISM - the Hausa, Igbo, impotent Yorba's, Ijaw, Ogoni's, Tiv, etc, can't stand each other.

That's BLACK ON BLACK genocide.

a few American black knuckleheads will kill each other - BUT NEVER a mass genocidal killing,

WE BLACK AMERICAN ACTUALLY LOVE EACH OTHER
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

sorry, jungle boi

and we slam the whites for being ignorant racists? grin

MandingoII:

It's the Immigrant Africans - that are the NEW SLAVES.

So you admit u're a slave in the US? Such a shame . . . Nigerians are the most educated blacks in the US . . . ur own office of statistics says so.

MandingoII:

You people will kill your first born to get next to YT!

Pretty silly, i work with them daily, i'm one of no more than 10 black faces in a building with 4 floors . . . i dont even have a child to kill.

MandingoII:

You live to sniff YT's butt - and WORSHIP the ground he walks.

u're the one grateful to be a slave not me. Your folks are busy working as cleaners here. What a shame.

MandingoII:

We historical Black Americans have been living with these DEVILS for centuries - we KNOW them for what they ARE!

u historical slaves you mean?

MandingoII:

All We want is our own peaceful existence without THEIR interference.
Black Americans have done NOTHING to the whites.

BS. They are over 70% of the population, if you dont want their interference then go set up ur own country . . . Haiti is a good example.

MandingoII:

The Whites have done EVERYTHING DEMORALIZING to the American Blacks.

same old silly blame game.

MandingoII:

Our inner-city blues, jails, drugs, violence is a direct result of YT's BLOCKING our progression.

funny that they dont seem to block the progression of asians, europeans and continental africans. Infact a large percentage of us enjoy white scholarships to schools. What did you do to them?

MandingoII:

On the other hand, NIGERIAN unprogressed stance is a direct result of CORRUPT GOVERNMENTAL NIGERIANS SUBJECTING IT OWN PEOPLE!!!!

Try ruling yourselves first and then see if you're any better. Imagine a USA with no whites . . . yeah Haiti comes to mind.

MandingoII:

TRIBALISM - the Hausa, Igbo, impotent Yorba's, Ijaw, Ogoni's, Tiv, etc, can't stand each other.

Yeah, like you can stand your neighbours.

MandingoII:

That's BLACK ON BLACK genocide.

Ask Jennifer Hudson . . . she has firsthand experience.

MandingoII:

a few American black knuckleheads will kill each other - BUT NEVER a mass genocidal killing,

Of course, u're just a mere 30% of the population. you'd all be locked up in jail if you tried it.

MandingoII:

WE BLACK AMERICAN ACTUALLY LOVE EACH OTHER

Really? Tupac knows that too.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by osisi6(f): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2008
DavidDylan:

Of course, u're just a mere 30% of the population. you'd all be locked up in jail if you tried it.

30 gini?
black Americans are about 12-15% of the population abeg.

but they make up 65% of the inmate population
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
daviddyan

You need to get a life my Brotha!

You are TRIBAL!!!!

AA's knows nothing about TRIBALISM!

All we KNOW is economics,

I'm sorry your HEART is soo COLD.

That's between you and your MAKER.

It's NEVER too late to see HOPE, LOVE, HAPPINESS, JOY!

It's there for you, all you have to do is CHANGE YOUR THINKING!!!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by osisi6(f): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

OH the blessings of slavery! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
who knew the advantages were this glorious.
Thank God for those slave ships then and may you forever be grateful to us and the portuguese merchants for transporting you to the americas.
Thank God for the cotton fields and the sugar cane plantations of the west Indies.
Now my dear accept your slave position with pride
It is afterall a blessing of untold magnitude as far as you're concerned.
This is a  great revelation.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2008
OH the blessings of slavery! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
who knew the advantages were this glorious.
Thank God for those slave ships then and may you forever be grateful to us and the portuguese merchants for transporting you to the americas.
Thank God for the cotton fields and the sugar cane plantations of the west Indies.
Now my dear accept your slave position with pride
It is afterall a blessing of untold magnitude as far as you're concerned.
This is a great revelation.

IT BEATS STARVING IN AFRICA!

IT BEATS RAPES IN AFRICA

IT BEATS "LITTLE CHILDREN RUNNING AROUND WITH RIFLES" TERRORIZING EVERYTHING!

IT BEATS CORRUPT POLICE - PILLAGING EVERYTHING!

At least we have SOME rights!

Unless you were born into MONEY or is a serious syncophant - YOU GOT NOTHING COMING!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by JustGood(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

I hope you can say this to all other Black Americans you meet.

If you are so glad that your forefathers were slaves, why do you moan about your slave experience? Are you sure you're together upstairs? undecided
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 5:50pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

daviddyan

You need to get a life my Brotha!

God knows i'm trying my dear slave.

MandingoII:

You are TRIBAL!!!!

Yes and i'm damn well proud of it. Just like every French man is proud to be French and the German is proud to be German . . . i am proud to be Yoruba. What are you? Oh sorry, a slave.

MandingoII:

AA's knows nothing about TRIBALISM!

Have you seen Italian Americans, latinos in the US, Irish-Americans, Greek-Americans, Jewish-Americans (Rahm Emanuel) who celebrate their uniqueness and are proud of it? What has an AA got to celebrate? The abolition of slavery?

MandingoII:

All we KNOW is economics,

Economics of crime and drugs?  grin

MandingoII:

IT BEATS STARVING IN AFRICA!

IT BEATS RAPES IN AFRICA

IT BEATS "LITTLE CHILDREN RUNNING AROUND WITH RIFLES" TERRORIZING EVERYTHING!

IT BEATS CORRUPT POLICE - PILLAGING EVERYTHING!

Thank God for the whites.

MandingoII:

At least we have SOME rights!

Even slaves once had "rights". so what's new? Dont Haitians have "rights"?

MandingoII:

Unless you were born into MONEY or is a serious syncophant - YOU GOT NOTHING COMING!

I've said it and i will say it again, remove the whites from America and we have another Haiti on our hands.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2008
*osisi:

30 gini?
black Americans are about 12-15% of the population abeg.

but they make up 65% of the inmate population

thanks for the correction, here was i thinking they were even as many as 30% of the population.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2008
Mandingo II, go to stormfront.org . . . the day Obama was elected their daily registration rate jumped from 30 a day to 2000. That goes to show what some "fellow Americans" think of you myopic slaves.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2008
Davidlyan

I'm going to pray for you, My Yorba Brotha, by Name!

Inside you sits a vulnerable child.

You therefore act-out anonymously on message boards.

poor thang.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by JustGood(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2008
do you not think you should pray for the souls of your slave forefathers?
They will be very happy to know that you're happy for them to be slaves grin
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

Davidlyan

poor thang.

you're just another lost soul. Its people who are "grateful" their fathers were sold in chains for mere pittance who need serious prayers.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

Davidlyan

poor thang.

My dear, you have a lot more problems to think about. You're just another insecure soul with serious issues with self esteem. There's nothing wrong with being proud of the country you were born . . . but it is a sign of deeper issues of concern when you think being born in America makes you more beautiful than a woman born in continental Africa.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2008
you're just another lost soul. Its people who are "grateful" their fathers were sold in chains for mere pittance who need serious prayers.

YOU AFRICANS sold us into slavery for:

GIN, TRINKETS AND non-working guns, serves you right that they came back and COLONIZED YOU!

Now, all of africa is a "stinkin corpse" of INFIGHTING!!!!

I'm not your enemy, the white man is.

but YOU PEOPLE are soooooo DUMB - YOU'D rather kill your own black skin, instead of the REAL ENEMY.

while all the world looks on, and claim Africans as BARBARIANS!!!!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by DavidDylan(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2008
MandingoII:

YOU AFRICANS sold us into slavery for:

GIN, TRINKETS AND non-working guns, serves you right that they came back and COLONIZED YOU!

I'd say it was a good sale. We got rid of deluded souls like you who think beauty depends on where u're born.
- They colonized us but we were still free . . . my fathers went to Europe and America to study advanced degrees while your own fathers were still being chained to walls and forced to work in cotton fields.
- When my country was born, your fathers had no rights to vote, could not sit at the same table with whites and had to use back doors in motels and restaurants.

MandingoII:

Now, all of africa is a "stinkin corpse" of INFIGHTING!!!!

The "infighting" is no different from what we see among black Americans. Could that be the reason that blacks make up 15% of the US population but 65% of prison inmates?
- I repeat, remove the whites and u're all exposed for the ignorant, illiterates you all are. Apparently no one told you that the abiility to speak and write in English is not the same as education.

MandingoII:

I'm not your enemy, the white man is.

A foolish people with no hope are the ones continously fighting an illusionary enemy? the white man is not my enemy . . . neither is he yours. When are you going to get tired of blaming him for selling drugs while his own kids are in school? Is he the one infecting you with HIV? Is he the one responsible for impregnanting ur daughters?

MandingoII:

but YOU PEOPLE are soooooo DUMB - YOU'D rather kill your own black skin, instead of the REAL ENEMY.

What about you?

MandingoII:

while all the world looks on, and claim Africans as BARBARIANS!!!!!

funny thing is you try to include your miserable selves among the "world" that is looking on? grin

Dear, the REAL WORLD considers you no different from the rest of continental Africa. Ask white supremacists what they think of you and report back to us.

1 Like

Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by osisi6(f): 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
david hush!
that's no way to speak to a proud slave lipsrsealed
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by ikeyman00(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
mandingo

welcome to nigerian site!!

yes david, thank u for updating those american-block dumb ulgy heads!

15% they are right? but 70% consitute mental infirmary! hold tight G haa

keep the guns smokin, badman na badman, like jamaican G say badman na badman, if u dnt like what we do, go suck ur muma dry hmm
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by ikeyman00(m): 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2008
ikeyman
ooooooooh this refugeee commot for way

i can't see my nigerianself dyin for pipu like ulgy-lookin mssy-ellot, glad i am true born naija! hey comin to america

naija 4 liffffffffffffffffe! "yes offence" or no offence

david can't u read hmm, why u mistaken me for that america dumb man hmmm

dnt u know there is some america refuge wana be in here !! just look closely u will see some crafty cocky girl in this thread

keep the guns smokin, badman na badman, like jamaican G say badman na badman, if u dnt like what we do, go suck ur muma dry hmm
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by NaijaWifey(f): 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2008
I am not sure what the previous post is about but:

I dont think all AA lack culture or values! You should not generalize people based on your opinion. What if I were to say all Nigerians are thieves and crooks!

Please understand the way your parents warn you about marrying an AA, we get a fierce warning about marrying someone from Naija, it is your decision to make.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by huxley(m): 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2008
It would help if you would define what value and culture mean, wouldn't it. The one thing that distinguishes Homo Sapiens from other animals is our ability to create cultures. To deride a people of having no culture is quite a statement and to pull this off, you must have a great deal of evidence on your side.

Let's see what sort of cultural activities African American participate in;

1) Music - Some of the foremost musicians of the last two centuries have been African American, predominantly so in the field of Jazz and many other forms of popular music

2) Literature - Although not as well represented as the Caucasian, there are many well-establish AA literary figures, probably more so that all of Africa put together.

3) Films - AA film production is on the rise

4) Sports - From track&field, basketball, American Football, etc, etc, AA are well represented.

5) Media

6) Visual Arts and dance -

7) Gastronomy -

etc, etc.

So to say AA lack culture, which area of cultural life are you referring to?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by KarmaMod(f): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
Their movies freaking suck

Cant even buy them on DVD talkless of actually wasting money at a theater
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by osisi6(f): 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
how about Tyler Perry?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by KarmaMod(f): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2008
Osisi, don't make me angry. Tyler wetin angry

between have you seen this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191234.0.html  lipsrsealed
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by RichyBlacK(m): 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2008
@post,

False!

African-Americans have values and culture.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by MandingoII(m): 3:07am On Nov 18, 2008
It would help if you would define what value and culture mean, wouldn't it. The one thing that distinguishes Homo Sapiens from other animals is our ability to create cultures. To deride a people of having no culture is quite a statement and to pull this off, you must have a great deal of evidence on your side.

Let's see what sort of cultural activities African American participate in;

1) Music - Some of the foremost musicians of the last two centuries have been African American, predominantly so in the field of Jazz and many other forms of popular music

2) Literature - Although not as well represented as the Caucasian, there are many well-establish AA literary figures, probably more so that all of Africa put together.

3) Films - AA film production is on the rise

4) Sports - From track&field, basketball, American Football, etc, etc, AA are well represented.

5) Media

6) Visual Arts and dance -

7) Gastronomy -

etc, etc.

So to say AA lack culture, which area of cultural life are you referring to?

Thanks!, I could add 500 pages to this,

HOWEVER,

Nigerians current culture consist of 419, Witchraft, Governmental corruption, Looting the Oil from the Ogoni's etc., Genocide, Police lockdown, rapes, firing squads, Hausa domination, White man loving, Fraud, GETTING OUT OF AFRICA TO ANY COUNTRY, LYING, NO ELECTRICITY, NO SEWERS, SHIT AND PISS IN THE STREET,

NIGERIA IS A SEEDY, FUNKY, DUSTY, DANGEROUS AND DEPRESSIONLY DREARY PLACE!!!!

each neighboring village is ONE SHITHOLE AFTER ANOTHER.

kick rocks.

Shell, Exxonmobile, Chevron RUN NIGERIA!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eri King Performs Alo-mmo Festival [PHOTOS] / Nigerian Tribes Stereotypes / What you need to know about Argungu Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.