Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

African Americans Lack Values And Culture - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Americans Lack Values And Culture (11655 Views)

The Igbo And Culture Of Apprenticeship / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 3:08am On Jan 09, 2009
obviously you've not read through this thread. . .

Its stereotyping not judging.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 09, 2009
Sammy107_d:

obviously you've not read through this thread. . .

Its stereotyping not judging.

You think so? then you need to read through the thread yourself!

Whatever it is, keep your lips and typing fingers off their issue and deal with yours!!!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 3:33am On Jan 09, 2009
@KARMAMOD
SINCE AFRICANS LIKE TO PLAY WITH STATISTICS. BLACK MEN ARE MORE LIKELY THEN WHITE MEN TO VISIT THEIR CHILDREN AFTER THEY BREAK UO WITH THE WOMAN/GIRLFRIEND. ANYWAY MOST BLACK PEOPLE I KNOW STAY IN CONTACT WITH BOTH IF THEIR PARENTS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BROKE UP. AND THIS IS MY LAST TIME TALKING YOU.
YOU COME OFF AS EXTREMELY IMMATURE AND CHILDISH

@DAVIDLYN
THAT'S NOT MY IDEA OF VALUES ITS WHAT I SEE

@SAMMY
SPEAKING UP FOR YOURSELF IS NOT DIRESPECTFUL. YOU DONT LIKE WHAT SOMEONE SAID SAY SO. EVEN IF THAT PERSON IS IN AURTHORITY THEY STILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO DISRESPECT YOU. AND IF THEY DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK UP ABOUT IT.

YES BLACKS IN AMERICA HAVE ISSUES AND PROBLEMS BUT SO DO NIGERIANS AND OTHER AFRICANS. SO DONT TRY TO PLAY PERFECT. IM 23, MAY I ASK HOW OLD ARE YOU TWO KARMASMOD AND DAVIDLYN?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 3:37am On Jan 09, 2009
karmamod did an african american piss you off? because you have a really negative vibe.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 3:52am On Jan 09, 2009
9jaganja:

You think so? then you need to read through the thread yourself!

Whatever it is, keep your lips and typing fingers off their issue and deal with yours!!!!

I'm not gettn u, but whatever. . . i dont get into arguments.
girl22:

@SAMMY
SPEAKING UP FOR YOURSELF IS NOT DIRESPECTFUL. YOU don't LIKE WHAT SOMEONE SAID SAY SO. EVEN IF THAT PERSON IS IN AURTHORITY THEY STILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO DISRESPECT YOU. AND IF THEY DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK UP ABOUT IT.

YES BLACKS IN AMERICA HAVE ISSUES AND PROBLEMS BUT SO DO NIGERIANS AND OTHER AFRICANS. SO don't TRY TO PLAY PERFECT. I'm 23, MAY I ASK HOW OLD ARE YOU TWO KARMASMOD AND DAVIDLYN?

I have to say you r right about that. . . i would have said no to some things as a kid if i could have.

dont think we come out as perfect though
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 09, 2009
girl22:

KARMAMOD AND DAVIDLYN YOU NEED TO BE TRYING TO LEARN FROM BLACK AMERICANS. AFRICANS ARE THE ONES YELLING THEY HAVE NO OPPORTUNITES.

WHAT DO YOUR PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT BUILDING HOUSES, AND MASTERING 5-6 MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS WITH NO TRAINING? OR INVENTING YOUR HAIR PRODUCTS WITH EDUCATION? OR BEING A SELF TAUGHT SCIENTIST? OR A SELF TUGHT HERBALIST OR SEAMSTRESS? BEING LEFT WITH FOOD OR WATER BUT YET YOU STILL BUILD COMMUNITIES  FROM TREES AND HAVE TO DIG IN THE GROUND FOR SEEDS TO FEED YOUR SELF AND STILL SURVIVE.

HOW MANY AFRICANS HAVE DONE THAT?

Now I'll have to say thunder faya your yansh and mouth together!!.

Herbalists: We have them by the thousands. Ask your AA herbalists where they learnt it from

Building houses: Now I know you haven't been to Africa before so shut da mess up.

Mastering Musical instruments without training: Are you kidding me? Fela wasn't a trained Trumpet player, he just know what Rhythm should sound like. Many more. My dad plays Saxophone and he learned just by listening not been told what to hit.

Hair products: Are you mad? Dudu Osun, many many more. We make our own and use it at home that's why you don't see them.

Self taught scientist: HAHAHAH just keep being ignorant and think AAs are better than Africans. Emegwali nko? also come to Nigeria and you'll find them. Ask Dr. John Henrik Clarke who gave him inspiration to do the things he did. African scientists who he had to translate their language into English and broadcast their teachings to Africans all over the world. Mad bitch

Left without food: I must say bitch what do you think Africans are? You think we just sit back here with nothing? The doctors and nurses that Americans hire were taught by Nigerian Professors. 99% of Americans don't farm. Nigerians live on farming that's why food is still cheap in Nigeria compared to the rest of the world. You don't hear grown men starving in Nigeria except for neglected kids. Just shut up cause you've only seen Africa on TV. stupid disgrace. Last I checked Americans live on welfare so who planted what seed on what land? Africans still farm. Only lazy people starve in Nigeria. In Nigeria, it's every man for himself. Either farm or work to buy farm produce. Nothing is for free in Nigeria. You guys have welfare though remember?

We in Africa are not what you see on TV. When you see international student in the US, they PAY 3 TIMES WHAT you Americans whine and cry about. Many American students owe student loans idiot. Nigeria graduates,  350,000 students each year. Students that won't pass jamb in Nigeria will pass the entrance exam in the USA and you guys still think you are more intelligent? hahahahah hating ass bitch!! Better tell people you are African starting from today!!

By the way, I'm also 23 and I doubt you are that old. If you are, please reduce your age to fit your mental ability. Your all caps comment just goes to prove how stupid and dumb you must be.

Biased bitch, that's why you keep getting played.

I don't take shit from both sides either Nigerians or Americans. Truth hurts but it must be told!!!

I see you modified your comment to: Karmamod did an African American piss you off blah blah blah.

But hey it's still pasted here on my comment. Just apologize instead. I don't like when we fight and I'll defend both sides no matter what. We are all Africans.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by girl22(f): 4:34am On Jan 09, 2009
i made a simple statement to two people who have an condescending attitude towards african americans.
alot of africans say out of their own mouths they are poor because of the government and lack of opportunities.
i aksed how many created them for themselves.

and all of that bitch this and bitch that and ranting shows your limited mental ability not mine. just answer the question and move on.

i just asked a simple question. how many africans created their opportunities. you answered it case closed.

you said africans created their opportunities and the poor ones are the lazy ones. thanks for the info. case closed
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 09, 2009
girl22:

i made a simple statement to two people who have an condescending attitude towards african americans.
alot of africans say out of their own mouths they are poor because of the government and lack of opportunities.
i aksed how many created them for themselves.

and all of that bitch this and bitch that and ranting shows your limited mental ability not mine. just answer the question and move on.

i just asked a simple question. how many africans created their opportunities. you answered it case closed.

you said africans created their opportunities and the poor ones are the lazy ones. thanks for the info. case closed

Just shut the hell up cause you just proved your ignorance to me. You made the most ignorant comment I've ever read and you modified it. If it's not stupid, why did you modify it? just shut up please.

We have self made Nigerians as well as self made AAs. You have Rapper and entertainers, we have football players all over the world and they are getting paid in millions of pounds/month. We don't live on welfare here we either survive or die(That's code embedded in our blood by years of colonization but we chose to survive) yet we are still strong even with the corruption of our government. We still live and we still laugh and cry.
Our rhythm still inspires (Ask your record producers if they'll tell the truth).
We are a people meant to survive and we have proven it with every diseases the westerners brought to Africa.
No kid dies of Malaria in Nigeria except once with ignorant parents and those parents are one in a million.
I see you as African and I don't ever want to call a black girl or any girl bitch cause I'm a human born of a woman.
Our culture that the world neglects is still what the world needs. Religion is different from culture.

Peace African queen and please spread love!!! (I'm talking about you girl22)
Sorry I called you bitch!!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 4:54am On Jan 09, 2009
I wont say 'opportunities': there are opportunities in space. I'll say enabling environment, liberal government and society, less religious sentiments. . .
Plus too much diversity. Its difficult to communicate ideas and progress when you drive 100miles and you could count 10 different languages, cultures or dialects (over 2000 languages in one continent, nigeria alone with 250; making it one of the most linguistically diverse nation in the world). Diversity in religion brings about differences in opinions about ethics, justice, morals. . . hence conflicts, tribalism and wars. You think that if the nigerian- or any african- country were as homogeneous as north american or european countries, there will be as much strife? We have a lot to deal with and map out; so when AAs just talk like nothing. . .

You know how much you have to deal with when only skin colour differentiates you in the US, talk more of numerous differences in one country and continent.

We are getting there, and we wish AAs the best too. Just don't belittle and compare us.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by simplyfab(f): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2009
9jaganja:

Just shut the hell up cause you just proved your ignorance to me. You made the most ignorant comment I've ever read and you modified it. If it's not stupid, why did you modify it? just shut up please.

We have self made Nigerians as well as self made AAs. You have Rapper and entertainers, we have football players all over the world and they are getting paid in millions of pounds/month. We don't live on welfare here we either survive or die(That's code embedded in our blood by years of colonization but we chose to survive) yet we are still strong even with the corruption of our government. We still live and we still laugh and cry.
Our rhythm still inspires (Ask your record producers if they'll tell the truth).
We are a people meant to survive and we have proven it with every diseases the westerners brought to Africa.
No kid dies of Malaria in Nigeria except once with ignorant parents and those parents are one in a million.
I see you as African and I don't ever want to call a black girl or any girl bitch cause I'm a human born of a woman.
Our culture that the world neglects is still what the world needs. Religion is different from culture.

Peace African queen and please spread love!!! (I'm talking about you girl22)
Sorry I called you bitch!!!

I understand you are trying to make a point of how successful and self-productive Nigerians have been over the years but saying no kid in Nigeria dies of malaria except the children of ignorant parents who are one in a million is a total exaggeration. 'cos I can tell you now, that thousands and thousands of kids die of Malaria. And apparently, that isn't just one in a million. There are still millions of ignorant Nigerians who believe Malaria is a curse from the gods, they are not just "one in a million" too.
Thats was just tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exageratted.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 5:21am On Jan 09, 2009
yeah dat was a little embroidered
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 09, 2009
simplyfab:

I understand you are trying to make a point of how successful and self-productive Nigerians have been over the years but saying no kid in Nigeria dies of malaria except the children of ignorant parents who are one in a million is a total exaggeration. 'because I can tell you now, that thousands and thousands of kids die of Malaria. And apparently, that isn't just one in a million. There are still millions of ignorant Nigerians who believe Malaria is a curse from the gods, they are not just "one in a million" too.

Na wao. When you say "1 IN A MILLION" it means it's hard to find. Which Nigerian parent think Malaria is a curse from God? abbegi!! UNA SELF EE. You be naija person at all?
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 5:38am On Jan 09, 2009
never really heard of any kid dying of malaria sha. .

I almost died like 7 times though grin
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2009
you didn't take agbo iba!! made of fruits, tree harps, I'll try to remember other ingredients. but I took it once when I was young and ever since then I can say, I haven't been sick not even head ache. Almost 13 years now and still going strong (knock on wood) hahaha. I'm 23 now and I have no allergies whatsoever. Proudly Nigerian oooo I see people de die of Cancer here oooooo
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 5:59am On Jan 09, 2009
mheen i tried. they don't care: guava leaves, mango leves, efinrin leaves, all sort of barks and white chemical stones. . . the more bitter the beta. I took nathin! no concoctions, no piis, no injections; consequently, the malaria holds me down for like 3 months. I'm stil a young chap, but i no dey at all.

I wish i had a useless allergy though; maybe octopus or sometyn. Then chics will be like "Allergic black dude hun, he must be cream: i want him" cheesy
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by KarmaMod(f): 7:50am On Jan 09, 2009
girl22, caps don't scare me. Question still remains that you people clam to be above being married yet have no problem pretending to be religious and having bastard children. what's the deal

either answer or stop yarning dust about cultures you're ignorant of. capice? You have "opportunities" cos white Americans provide them for you. It's that simple
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 7:55am On Jan 09, 2009
karmamod is not very nice
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2009
KarmaMod:

girl22, caps don't scare me. Question still remains that you people clam to be above being married yet have no problem pretending to be religious and having bastard children. what's the deal

either answer or stop yarning dust about cultures you're ignorant of. capice? You have "opportunities" because white Americans provide them for you. It's that simple

What is your problem girl? I'm sure you can't say all these in front of African Americans can you? You are one heck of a ignorant girl. Add idiota to that too. They built the country, so it's only right that they have opportunities there. Whites are given even more privileges compared to blacks. Whites created nothing for them, they had to fight like Africans to have opportunities to go to schools etc,  Whites didn't give them shit okay? Black people are the ones paying for Negro funds. I'm sure whites gave you same opportunities if you don't believe blacks had to fight their way through it.

I checked your profile and I wished I never did. I'm sure whites gave you the opportunity to buy that 80% off rain boot from Walmart or Canadian tires right? yeah!! By the way Leopard skin clothes are played out and no more Acceptable as we are trying to save endangered species(That's if it's not some printed shit made for $7 and sold on ebay)
I'm also sure Whites gave you the opportunity to wear that wig you got on (talk about fake thing and self discriminative). Please call for some upgrade as ain't nothing NY about you. But soo much Mulika in sango ota.
Sheh you sabi bad mouth people, no be only you get mouth idiot!! Naija reject you!!! Amen!!

You should have thought Karma before saying trash about people. Ain't "karma" your user name? Black trash!!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by KarmaMod(f): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2009
^ tani omo ale yi ba soro? 

lmao. all in the name of trying to get a glimpse of akata pata. o ga.

anyway

Sammy, is Karma supposed be?  grin
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by honeric01(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2009
9jaganja:

What is your problem girl? I'm sure you can't say all these in front of African Americans can you? You are one heck of a ignorant girl. Add idiota to that too. They built the country, so it's only right that they have opportunities there. Whites are given even more privileges compared to blacks. Whites created nothing for them, they had to fight like Africans to have opportunities to go to schools etc, Whites didn't give them shit okay? Black people are the ones paying for Negro funds. I'm sure whites gave you same opportunities if you don't believe blacks had to fight their way through it.

I checked your profile and I wished I never did. I'm sure whites gave you the opportunity to buy that 80% off rain boot from Walmart or Canadian tires right? yeah!! By the way Leopard skin clothes are played out and no more Acceptable as we are trying to save endangered species(That's if it's not some printed shit made for $7 and sold on ebay)
I'm also sure Whites gave you the opportunity to wear that wig you got on (talk about fake thing and self discriminative). Please call for some upgrade as ain't nothing NY about you. But soo much Mulika in sango ota.
Sheh you sabi bad mouth people, no be only you get mouth idiot!! Naija reject you!!! Amen!!

You should have thought Karma before saying trash about people. Ain't "karma" your user name? Black trash!!!

MAN, WHO OFFEND YOU? YOU ARE SOUNDING TOO HARSH HERE, BE CIVIL ABIT ABEG, TRY TO PASS YOUR OPINION HAVING IT IN MIND THAT OTHERS ALSO HAVE RIGHT TO PASS THEIRS AND STOP RANTING AND CURSING,
no bad name naija for us abeg with your attitude
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2009
KarmaMod:

Sammy, is Karma supposed be?  grin

yes pleease  grin

I got myself into a squabble a while back & im like "never again boy; never again"
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by honeric01(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2009
Thank God for the Internet, we wouldn't have known how some people think about others
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by KarmaMod(f): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2009
honeric01:

MAN, WHO OFFEND YOU?

Na his iya that offend am. Not moi. Omo ewure.

Sammy107_d:

yes pleease  grin

I got myself into a squabble a while back & I'm like "never again boy; never again"

Dont know about you but Ive never heard the popular saying "Karma is nice", have you? grin

Least you learned your lesson wink
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by JustGood(m): 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2009
simplyfab:

I understand you are trying to make a point of how successful and self-productive Nigerians have been over the years but saying no kid in Nigeria dies of malaria except the children of ignorant parents who are one in a million is a total exaggeration. 'because I can tell you now, that thousands and thousands of kids die of Malaria. And apparently, that isn't just one in a million. There are still millions of ignorant Nigerians who believe Malaria is a curse from the gods, they are not just "one in a million" too.

Its plain ignorance or arrant stupidity that will make anyone make such a statement in relation to Nigeria. Which thousands of kids die of malaria?

Perhaps you are the one who believes malaria is a curse from your gods. Most people in Nigeria are aware of what malaria is and can treat malaria very easily. Malaria is no biggie in Nigeria. What happens is that ignorant people read what the media (CNN and co) feeds them and they think that is gospel. They dont have malaria and they dont understand it the way we understand it.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by JustGood(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2009
@9jaganja,

too much ganja your brain doth disturb

B T W, who told you that everybody is bothered about some endangered species? I am more interested in endangered humans than some leopard rubbish.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by simplyfab(f): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2009
JustGood:

Its plain ignorance or arrant stupidity that will make anyone make such a statement in relation to Nigeria. Which thousands of kids die of malaria?

Perhaps you are the one who believes malaria is a curse from your gods. Most people in Nigeria are aware of what malaria is and can treat malaria very easily. Malaria is no biggie in Nigeria. What happens is that ignorant people read what the media (CNN and co) feeds them and they think that is gospel. They don't have malaria and they don't understand it the way we understand it.

The problem with most people like you is making mere statements and giving statistics based on assumptions and when someone is trying to correct you in the most polite possible way, you act all "i-know-a-lot" and call the person ignorant little do you know you are the ignorant one.
When I say "thousands of kids" die of malaria in Nigeria, its a fact. And when I say some people in Nigeria believe malaria is a curse from their gods, its still a fact. You are civilized. I am civilized. Nigeria is a developing nation and civilization is spreading across doesn't mean every single soul in Nigeria is civilized.
Some people in Nigeria still believe in African Traditional Religion and do no take drugs but visit traditional doctors and herbalists. THAT's a fact. It is difficult to believe but there still some Nigerians who do not know Malaria is a disease caused by mosquitoes. They don't. They are ignorant and unwilling to learn. There are still some uncivilized people in Nigeria. Accepting that fact wouldn't make Nigeria any worse than it already is.

I'd give you a link to read about it. I'd advice you visit Nigeria web-news like Punch often and get youself upgraded 'because all you've said, 'I've just come to believe that you are some little kid living on "hear-say" and "assumptions" and isn't willing to learn. You can as well teach yourself and save yourself disgrace.
And perhaps, i don't believe Malaria is a curse from the gods because i don't believe in "gods."

http://wow.gm/africa/nigeria/kano/article/2008/10/18/nigeria-malaria-kills-401-people-1
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by simplyfab(f): 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2009
9jaganja:

Na wao. When you say "1 IN A MILLION" it means it's hard to find. Which Nigerian parent think Malaria is a curse from God? abbegi!! UNA SELF EE. You be naija person at all?

http://wow.gm/africa/nigeria/kano/article/2008/10/18/nigeria-malaria-kills-401-people-1

Well apparently, "1 in a million" is a wrong statement to use cos its very easy to find.
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2009
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2009
You are quoting Gambian news?

How come we don't hear or read about cases like this on nigerian news. Click on Nigeria on that page- or even Ghana- and see the kind of news they spread. Even worse than the west. There no news about the ghanaian elections on the ghana page sef. . .
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by simplyfab(f): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2009
I'm just giving you a news at hand. I could still find a Nigerian source if you still want to read on it but the Gambian source is just to prove a point to you not that I dont know of those things already.

Between, even if its a Gambian source doesn't mean it wouldn't have facts. smiley
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by simplyfab(f): 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2009
@9jaganja

That's a nice elaborate post!!
Re: African Americans Lack Values And Culture by Sammy107d(m): 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2009
I just read an article where upwards of 1million nigerian children die before 5 due to malaria, and 110million people are struck every year by the illness. ha ha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Tribes Stereotypes / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. / What you need to know about Argungu Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.