Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences (29403 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! / Nigerian Tailors And Their Wahala! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Khaytunechi: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Brb
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by TDonald: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by dejt4u(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by austinbrown: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
I stay in France so I don't knw what u people r talking about
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by justi4jesu(f): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Double wahala....Tailors can everly disappiont.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by gbaskiboy: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
chukwuma my tailor always comes to mind
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Archimedes9(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
OP abeg no remain me waiting me don 4get because waiting dat man do me on my sis wedding day is wot I don't want 2 remember again!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Ideyontop: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Let's not be too hard on these guys.They have issues too. Hold on! Am not a tailor, lol.

Really, I was thinking about this few days ago and from what i see,these guys have a serious fundamental basic infrastructure issue. The obvious one: Electricity. Which I tell you slows down and many times,frustrates people. Other one is a lot of people owe them like some of you that don't go to pick up ur dress when they finish (give these guys some money to buy fuel for their gen) lol. Their workers also come late slowing down the pace of work...a whole lot of issues

Okay time for the tailors: hey Mr tailor look at all these challenges you have...look for a way to make everything work for you.Be on time,be honest,appologise when u need to and try ur best to always deliver! Chau guys!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by IYANGBALI: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
lalasticlala:
It's a common knowledge that most tailors in Nigeria often disappoint their customers.

I have been disappointed severally by different tailors. There was a case I nearly cried. LOL.

Anyway just recently, my tailor of about 6 years just disappointed me today. I gave him a material to make for me about 2 weeks ago. I told him we are to wear it as uniform for an occasion.

Actually, we are doing Youth Weekend in my church. All these while I haven't been participating actively in Youth programmes in my church. But this time around, I decided to be serious and take active part in this youth weekend, of course like 2 sisters in the church have been encouraging me to. I attended youth meetings in preparation for the D-day. I rehearsed with them. I learnt the songs we were supposed to sing this Sunday, the D-day. I was assigned to take the bible reading, and I accepted. Only for the tailor to disappoint me.

So I will be odd. I have taken it in good faith.

So please share your own bitter experience with your tailor(s).

Have you ever been disappointed by a tailor, and How did you react or feel when you encountered the disappointment?
you too dey tell lie,you no buy any uniform,talk true so dat we can contribute money,buy and sew the uniform for you so dat you can impress sisters blessing and shenyere for your church grin
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by adebayour26: 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
I must comment here for sure. In fact, there watchword should be: DISAPPOINTING YOU IS OUR PRIMARY GOAL. Sincerely, I av lots of experience with them, which one should I post now ooooooooooo........

There's this tailor that told his customer (one of the men-in-suit for a wedding) to come for his cloth on Tuesday. The man was unable to go there on tuesday until friday, this tailor had not done anything on the cloth.

Atimes, they will sow something else for you outside the specifications you gave them. They can tell lies that you will be frustrated to hurt them, I mean detectable lies....#nigerianTailorsIhailYou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by gistmelove(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
For all tailors

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by aboyaji(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
it seems they all came out from one womb

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by cynhamscakes(f): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
No time to type too much story.
A Tailor called Marly in Karu site seized my clothes and the money i paid for him to sew them since November 2011 till date.

When i call, he still says my clothes are intact, he never get chance sew am! I don't know his house, the owner of the shop he was working in has since parked out.

Infact, abeg.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by BoiledCorn: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hmmm...
Chimoge! I can never forget that guy!

He has been my tailor for up to 6yrs, without any major issue. All of a sudden, Chimoge started taking weed, probably 'overdose', started jonsing - bc of goodwill, I found it difficult to let go.

I gave him the material for a friend's wedding (asoebi) naso Chimoge vanish 1wk to the wedding o, kept calling on fone, he didn't pick.

I went to his shop, his section was locked, then he called that he is very sorry, he had an accident...blablabla... and he has finished the work I should come Fri eve(eve of the wedding)...chai! Fri eve I went there, he has disappeared again - this time his section was open. I checked the bag for finished clothe - I no c ma cloth. I checked the 1 for un-sewn clothes - lo and behold, na there my material balance well.

I can't remember what happened after that, but I can remember waking up - surrounded by his colleagues and my brother...hahha.

My brother was 'gingering' army and LAPD...hahahahaha
kashee stop telling lies angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Waspy(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Virtually all artisans, esp the non- educated are the same. Imagine a tailor that you'll always find idle watching AfriMag whenever you call on him and yet won't finish your clothe undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by omanifrank(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
kk
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by amolex(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
ehen watin I wan talk self......? OK I don remember Our Politians and Niaja Tailors share similarities if they are not same
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by edrys(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lemme finish eating I will comment later...
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Superstar007(m): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Julie9093:
Am only Here to read comments and to laugh. Spreads mat. grin

I'm reporting you for;
1. Using am in place of I'm
2. Spreading mat on this thread without permission
3. Shining your teeth when you know they are brown and yellow.

Oya follow me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by csbrown(m): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
I don't have tailors I have designers

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well me I don talk am say one day I will use vex and descend on one tailor and make her pay for all the woes and disappointment her sisters in the profession had caused me. I will carry her machine head and abscond with it.
Right now I have so many unsewn materials all becuse of the poor work tailors have been doing on my materials. But I will see otger. Girls rocking beautiful styles and when I want to sew mine tori go pass am. I m just wondering if I killed any tailor in my previous life to deserve all these treatments from them.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by IAMGEJ(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
But naija tailors are just d best, here wen me dey eh, to see better tailor take sew suit eh... na die
I just miss naija sha

#d best country ever!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by priscaoge(f): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
hmmm...
Chimoge! I can never forget that guy!

He has been my tailor for up to 6yrs, without any major issue. All of a sudden, Chimoge started taking weed, probably 'overdose', started jonsing - bc of goodwill, I found it difficult to let go.

I gave him the material for a friend's wedding (asoebi) naso Chimoge vanish 1wk to the wedding o, kept calling on fone, he didn't pick.

I went to his shop, his section was locked, then he called that he is very sorry, he had an accident...blablabla... and he has finished the work I should come Fri eve(eve of the wedding)...chai! Fri eve I went there, he has disappeared again - this time his section was open. I checked the bag for finished clothe - I no c ma cloth. I checked the 1 for un-sewn clothes - lo and behold, na there my material balance well.

I can't remember what happened after that, but I can remember waking up - surrounded by his colleagues and my brother...hahha.

My brother was 'gingering' army and LAPD...hahahahaha

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Cant stop lafin cheesy grin grin Omo na fainting u collect cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tailors can disappoint eeehh! I hardly wear Ankara So no experience. They actually disappointed my Sis,and She really cried that day cheesy cheesy. She had to take it to another Ghana man and paid double cos it's an emergency work cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by eleko1: 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
grin cheesy sad sad ;DWear the clothe,snap and post am make we see
Dygeasy:
This one na recently o. This Eid Celebration that just passed. I gave my tailor my ankara material to sew normal buba and trousers for me one week to Sallah and I paid him right there to avoid rushing and any stupid excuses. I left and gave him all the time in the world. ONE day to sallah I went to his shop and he had finished my trouser and had designed the buba. All that was left was to couple the buba and my cloth don gallant. I gave him the thumbs up sign. Instinct just say make I test-drive my trouser na hin I wear am o. Before the trouser enter my waist, I just dey pull am dey twist my waist. Trouser wey dey use rope faa, no be belt o. I no talk, I wear am like that. I con look myself by myself, I see say one leg na pencil, the other na bootcut. What tha? I looked at him. Wetin be this? "Hope you know I must collect this cloth today?"

His apprentice said "Ehn na. Shebi we don finish am?"

"Finish wetin? This one wey I wear resemble cloth for your eyes? Na you invent this style?"

The guy dey look.

"Answer na." I told him. "Oga," I faced my tailor."Who sewed my cloth?"

He had to tell me it was his apprentice. A girl for that matter. "A girl sewed my clothes? We don too play abi?"

I collected my cloth on Sallah dah gangan and the cloth no balance up till today. They had to loosen, resew, cut over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Truckpusher(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
These guys are mostly uneducated on business ethics and lacks in every aspect of time management.

One thing I have come to understand is that they take too many jobs they can deliver thereby making it practically impossible to deliver on the agreed dates.

But I have also noticed a new crop of young guys with great skilsl and they know exactly when to reject a job to avoid these issues mentioned by other posters.

Next time you want a tailor send your cloths on time and always look for the serious minded fellows and not the self acclaimed London trained tailor. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by sulmeza(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lmao..ohboi see thread 4 nl o....anyway ma own tailors r kul,though sometimes they can frustrate d hell outta u
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by slimzypink(f): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
There was dis time I was going for dinner, I gave my male tailor a clothe to sew 4 me a month earlier ...he was like it wud be ready bfo d dinner..I even called him 2 dayz b4 d dinner he sid I shud not worry..on the dinner day..I called him

Me: Classical can I come nd collect the cloth today

Classical:....haaa I have forgotten, when is the dinner again??

long story short..dis man have not even started the cloth at all

I had 2 look for another alternative..#smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by solowiwa: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pls 4get those ppl, they don't worth taking ma breath. I can buy any type cloths as a man from d butique. Even when I take ma newly bougth suit for cutting, I can't leave it n go for 10mins. Its there n then.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by Bigii(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
grin
Dygeasy:
This one na recently o. This Eid Celebration that just passed. I gave my tailor my ankara material to sew normal buba and trousers for me one week to Sallah and I paid him right there to avoid rushing and any stupid excuses. I left and gave him all the time in the world. ONE day to sallah I went to his shop and he had finished my trouser and had designed the buba. All that was left was to couple the buba and my cloth don gallant. I gave him the thumbs up sign. Instinct just say make I test-drive my trouser na hin I wear am o. Before the trouser enter my waist, I just dey pull am dey twist my waist. Trouser wey dey use rope faa, no be belt o. I no talk, I wear am like that. I con look myself by myself, I see say one leg na pencil, the other na bootcut. What tha? I looked at him. Wetin be this? "Hope you know I must collect this cloth today?"

His apprentice said "Ehn na. Shebi we don finish am?"

"Finish wetin? This one wey I wear resemble cloth for your eyes? Na you invent this style?"

The guy dey look.

"Answer na." I told him. "Oga," I faced my tailor."Who sewed my cloth?"

He had to tell me it was his apprentice. A girl for that matter. "A girl sewed my clothes? We don too play abi?"

I collected my cloth on Sallah dah gangan and the cloth no balance up till today. They had to loosen, resew, cut over and over again.
grin kai! Laff wan kil me die grin
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by GboyegaD(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
I think I have been favored in terms of my tailor for my native a ttires. If I give him on Thursday and I need wear it on Saturday I'm sure it will be ready and well seen. The only tailor I ever had issues with was one Aina who took many months to sew some shirts for me. He was the tailor to one of my colleagues and because we loved his shirts we choose to go with Shina and it wasn't much of a nice experience.
Re: Nigerian Tailors And Disappointment: Share Your Experiences by jeffizy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
cry They were all screaming my name. Waving and pushing against my car!
I felt honoured and favored. Not until ..........

I got out on the red carpet with a ripping sound.

Waheed used my nephew's measurement for my trouser. cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips For Maintaining Braids / Male Transformation Wit Make Up (photo) / Why Do Some Ladies Wear High Heel Shoes They Cant Walk In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.