Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? (1470 Views)

Should He Date His Sister Or Not? Help! / See What This Man Does With Anybody That Wants To Date His Daughter(pic) / CONDITIONS: Femi Kuti Gives Guys 10 Conditions To Date His Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by marvelck: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2014
Analyse this issue from d standpoint of a guy nd then as a babe.

There are two male friends,one Francis,d other Vincent. Now Francis nd Vincent are close pals. Vin was dating onyinye for a while close to one year before they split. During their relationship,whenever dey had issues,Onyinye wud tell Francis while he calmed her down nd talked to his guy to make peace.

Now they are no longer an item. Vin relocated to calabar cos he got a job there nd has gotten a new babe. While francis resides in lag so do onyinye.

Now this is d funny scenario. At a hangout with friends in lag,onyinye tells francis dat she's attracted to him but she knows francis wont date her cos of his friendship with vin.

Now,after some time. She says if he (francis) cannot date her,let dem have sex. Francis refuses even though he admires her,he feels its wrong.

Cos she was his friend ex. Now vin got a new gurl nd has moved on. What do u think.

Cos francis thinks its betrayal.

WHAT DO U THINK?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by solomonbrown64: 7:26am On Oct 19, 2014
....its an unnecessary risk, if u value the friendship between u nd ur friend.....you should leave his ex alone....

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by naijaboiy: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2014
In my opinion...

I cannot date my friend's Ex,,no matter how attracted she is to me.

Even if my friend is far away and has moved on,,as long as we are still close friends then I can't do it.

The only exception to this is if my friend doesn't get bothered about it and I truly like the 'EX' in question then may be.

But most times I usually try to avoid this type of scenario. I don't have the contact of any of my close friend's gf (phone number or pin),,and they also do not have mine.

This has gone a long way in preventing betrayal and trust issues within us as friends.

My 2Cedis cool

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by iceberylin(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2014
So which one are you undecided
Francis or Vincent

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by masterP042(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2014
so far as they've broken up. I don't see anything wrong with dating my friend's ex, since he's no more in love with her and has already moved on with another girl.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by jahson19(m): 7:45am On Oct 19, 2014
I dont mind all na game naI dont mind all na game naI dont mind all na game na
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by Raymysterio(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2014
And what if this relationship leads to marriage? Will you be comfortable knowing that your best friend knew your wife #in_toto?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by Ymodulus: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2014
The relationship did not work out with your friend and their ex for a reason, so why not ask your friend for their blessing and see if you two are a better fit?

I have seen a few guys get bent out of shape when one of their buddies decides to hang out with someone they used to date. When this happens, they often weren’t even in a serious relationship with the woman, but got mad at the friend anyway, saying the friend broke “the guy code.” They also get mad at the woman they once dated for accepting the offer from the friend to get together.

In a world where it can be so difficult to find “The One,” I don’t think there should be any rules when it comes to love. If a relationship didn’t work out between you and someone else, and you know your friend is interested, I don’t see the point in getting angry at your friend for seeing something in your ex that you may not have seen. As long as he or she wasn’t strategizing a way to break up the relationship while you were dating, wouldn’t you want your friend to find happiness? Even if it’s extremely upsetting that they may have found happiness in your ex, I would say it just wasn’t meant to be for you two. The bright side? You could have been a catalyst in helping them find their b’sheret!

My advice? Just get to know each other and take things slowly until you find out their true intentions. If their intentions are of a casual nature, you may not want to move forward, considering the close connection. However, if the relationship has the potential for more, you can always talk about it down the line. However, if you had anything significant with the ex, and they are good friends, that new person likely already knows. If the ex never spoke about you, then there couldn’t have been much there for him to get mad about. So regardless, when it comes to love, take chances, because

[size=18pt]“Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.”

[/size]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 19, 2014
Ymodulus:

[size=18pt]“Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.”

[/size]

Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. (31 March 1924 – 11 June 1998) .

Hmmmm. Nerdy. I see you have been reading some of his works. Just be careful, his view of love is just extra.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by idu1(m): 11:10am On Oct 19, 2014
iceberylin:
So which one are you undecided
Francis or Vincent
or onyi o boy u dn tirer for ur crazy font?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by idu1(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2014
Hadizy:

Hmmmm. Nerdy. I see you have been reading some of his works. Just be careful, his view of love is just extra.....
My brilliant wife how r u doing?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by djeezy(m): 11:14am On Oct 19, 2014
I don't think it's wrong in so far as they've broken up and both moved on. I'll just ask my friend if it's okay to and when he says he doesnt mind, then it doesn't matter. The past is the past and we should always move forward.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by computerboy: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2014
Fùck to the No
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by Ymodulus: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2014
Hadizy:

Lol...
He his crazy. I too him serious when Soyinka made mention of his name in an interview.

I love the guy. Leo
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by pansophist(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2014
There is nothing wrong with dating your friend's ex. In as much as you did not play the background tune that dictate their spliting, then carry on. Infact if your friend is angry, then he/she is an insecured-eediot, simple.

There should be no rules for love, if two people are genuinely interested in each other, who are you to dictate if they should be together? A true friend should contribute to the success of their friend, not against it, especially in matters of the heart and relationships.

Only an emotionally insecured person will be against his friend dating his ex.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by iceberylin(m): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
idu1:
or onyi o boy u dn tirer for ur crazy font?
mehn...that Farano mod ban me cause of the font.... cry
I no want another ban
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
idu1:
My brilliant wife how r u doing?

Lol!.

Blushing****. Am fine dear. How u today? You didn't go to church? Or Atheist? Or Muslim?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by helphelp: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Article 20 of boys code...

It's a No No...except you guys ain't real friends though...then go ahead, knack the kpekus

But for real, how would I feel to know my padi I see and hang out with all the time, knows how my woman moans whenever she's been knacked...that's if eventually dem marry sha...
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by idu1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hadizy:

Lol!.

Blushing****. Am fine dear. How u today? You didn't go to church? Or Atheist? Or Muslim?
Am fine too. Am a muslim
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Date His Friend's Ex Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
idu1:
Am fine too. Am a muslim
Cool. Nice knowing that. wink

(1) (Reply)

7 Relationship Breakthrough Prayer Points (for Guys) / She Doesn't Want To Get Marry Because She Hates Sex...[ Please Advice] / Hiralious Photo!!! How India Student Cheat During Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.