Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207486 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

I will not enter into Torah-Gospel with you here. You may find your teachers: Obadiah777, MostHigh and Jesusislord85 to tutor you a bit more on it because you might need some upbraiding on that false religion they propagate. While you are it, find out from them why they (that's if the monickers is not one individual sef) have suddenly found their voices drowned on nl. Could it be that modern Judaism does not sell?

Works of the law is works of the law: keeping Moses laws, including titjing. Please dont rewrite the bible.

You may want to refer to my last post.
So is this all you could come up with? You lack the acumen to argue scriptures.SMH!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 8:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
In Malachi prophecy yes. Is all of Malachi fulfilled? Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?

On behalf of who was Moses speaking? Did he create any law of his own?

bad was paid with bad and evil for evil in the old even by God because of the law. The law condemns, it destroys, it kills.

But sinners received life and pardon under grace. Grace nullified the effect of sin at the absence of the law.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
So is this all you could come up with? You lack the acumen to argue scriptures.SMH!

If you cannot find your answers in the post I made before that one, I am afraid you have little hope of finding help then.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

On behalf of who was Moses speaking? Did he create any law of his own?
Why do you call it the mosaic law?
[s]bad was paid with bad and evil for evil in the old even by God because of the law. The law condemns, it destroys, it kills. Law
[/s]

But sinners received life and pardon under grace. Grace nullified the effect of sin at the absence of the law.
Not interested in running round in circles here. This was my question earlier which you couldn't answer: Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
You are chasing the wind and wide off the mark. I have addressed your wahala. The underlying principle behind the tithes is worship to God. The motive is simply Love for God and the Love motivates the tither to give.Anything wey you add here na u sabi. wink
Bidam:

You will do well to heed your own advice. Take those scriptures one after the other and respond to them.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

If you cannot find your answers in the post I made before that one, I am afraid you have little hope of finding help then.
You quoted me the second time when you found your error in your first post. Run along and play in the sand if you have no reasonable thing to contribute to the discuss.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

You will do well to heed your own advice. Take those scriptures one after the other and respond to them.
Ok, drummb, do have a nice day.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:

Because Moses was used as the intermediary between God and the nation of Israel in the old just as Christ is in the new.

Bidam:
Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?

God Himself laid the curse, isn't that worse for law keepers?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
Ok, drummb, do have a nice day.
Bidam:
You quoted me the second time when you found your error in your first post. Run along and play in the sand if you have no reasonable thing to contribute to the discuss.

This is what trustman has been trying to etch into your mind: your penchant to leave matters discussed and follow frivolities. I actually responded to your second post before I saw the one before it. There was no error anywhere.

I understand it is late and you may not be able to do much tonight but the posts remains for you to respond to when you wish. I promise you that if you can attempt a rebuttal of that post, your Judaism Christianity will give way. Here is the posted quoted for your attention whdn you got the time.

Cause and Effect, according to Bidam is sin and be cursed abi? Let's 1 Cor 10:

1 Corinthians 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

So there was cause and effect alright. Does this translate to a cursed Christian? Let's see.

Bidam:
Oga, the Deuteronomy curses were specific on the laws that were broken, the levites recited them to the whole of the hearing of Israel it includes but not limited to carved images,dishonour to parents,justice, sexual relations, bribery and it ended with cursed is the man who does not uphold the listed laws read by the levites, so you are wrong to generalize it that it covers the tithes. You can only fall back and make a case for obedience in deut 28. in which case tithes isn't mentioned either.

So if these are aspects of the law Christians are to keeps, what was Christ point here?

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [size=16t] 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.[/size]

Or what do Paul and James mean here? Why do they agree so much with Jesus and disagree with you, Bidam??

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Dont forget:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Here is the point. The Christian has nothing to do with the whole Mosaic law, including the ten commandments.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Why?

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So, the Christian is not lawless but under a new law: the law of Spirit of life; also called the law of love. In this law there are no obligations for rituals, burnt offering, new moons, festivals or tithes. However, this law uphold the moral aspect of the laws of Moses and even builds on it.

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire... 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So, there is cause and effect indeed. The Christian that sins will suffer consequences: chastisement or discipline like a good Father an unruly child but there is no evidence of a curse on him as it is clearly stated in the law.

[b]Hebrews 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
[/b]
That's all we have of NT cause and effect. Anything else are product of untaught minds.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
Not interested in running round in circles here. This was my question earlier which you couldn't answer: Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?

But this happens to be one of your specialties.
Are you sure you''re speaking the truth here?
Even in this thread you haven't done otherwise.
Right in your post above you are doing the same.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
Great evening I had...evening to you all. Bidam...great job

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
Gombs:

If what he's doing is a great job then you are all to be very pitied.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
trustman:

Thanks for your pity, you should save it for yourself on your long lost integrity and honesty.

Meanwhile, here's a chance to redemption: Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2014
Gombs:

Thanks for your pity, you should save it for yourself on your long lost integrity and honesty.

Meanwhile, here's a chance to redemption: Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?

So, coming back to tithing and the New Covenant believer; if he claims he is tithing according to its mention in the OT, the question then is what is the OT prescription for tithing and is the NT believer following it as stipulated there? If so how? If not exactly so, why?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 12:05am On Nov 22, 2014
trustman:

So, coming back to tithing and the New Covenant believer; if he claims he is tithing according to its mention in the OT, the question then is what is the OT prescription for tithing and is the NT believer following it as stipulated there? If so how? If not exactly so, why?

I'd take it as you have an answer. Thank you.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Gombs:

I'd take it as you have an answer. Thank you.

Do i take it that you are afraid to have a go at it?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 22, 2014
trustman:

But this happens to be one of your specialties.
Are you sure you''re speaking the truth here?
Even in this thread you haven't done otherwise.
Right in your post above you are doing the same.
How? You admitted he went wide off tangent quoting irrelevancies that doesn't address my replies to vooks? I'm used to your lame excuses, so what's new?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 22, 2014
WinsomeX:

This is what trustman has been trying to etch into your mind: your penchant to leave matters discussed and follow frivolities. I actually responded to your second post before I saw the one before it. There was no error anywhere.

I understand it is late and you may not be able to do much tonight but the posts remains for you to respond to when you wish. I promise you that if you can attempt a rebuttal of that post, your Judaism Christianity will give way. Here is the posted quoted for your attention whdn you got the time.

You never did address my reply to initial post. Inside my deut post you quoted your answers were addressed when i said you quoted gal out of context. You strayed off like a dog discussing obadiah and others as if i cared.And you expect me to answer the silliest of all replies you put up here? Men, you gotta think up and tank up.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 22, 2014
Gombs:
Gombs my man..How's the IPPC going?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 22, 2014
trustman:

Save it! I will debate with those who have some common sense, and will answer my questions, but not with you any more.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 1:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Bidam:
How? You admitted he went wide off tangent quoting irrelevancies that doesn't address my replies to vooks? I'm used to your lame excuses, so what's new?

God has a right way he wants things to be done.
If you do not follow that his way, no matter how sincere you are, what you do will end up getting his disapproval rather than his OK.
Remember Uzzah in 2 Samuel 6?

So, if you tithe, you must do it as God says it should be done otherwise it ends up becoming zero before him.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 1:28am On Nov 22, 2014
Bidam:
Save it! I will debate with those who have some common sense, and will answer my questions, but not with you any more.
Do you really believe you have demonstrated common sense in these discuss?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 22, 2014
trustman:

God has a right way he wants things to be done.
If you do not follow that his way, no matter how sincere you are, what you do will end up getting his disapproval rather than his OK.
Remember Uzzah in 2 Samuel 6?

So, if you tithe, you must do it as God says it should be done otherwise it ends up becoming zero before him.
Good back to the tithe issue. Remember instead of drawing me to arguments on the LAW that tithing and any other type of giving (freewill, donations, alms, contributions, etc) are not the basis of our salvation or justification in Christ.

The very fact that Paul drew from passages of the OT Law on tithing in order to teach on support and sustenance for preachers of the Gospel in 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 is as a good argument as any to say God want it done his way not trustman's way. The Levitical system of tithing was used to as a principle to encourage giving". If the citation of 1 Corinthians 9:13 does not answer your request, please tell me what system other than the Levitical system Paul was referring to in that verse.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 22, 2014
trustman:

Do you really believe you have demonstrated common sense in these discuss?
Yeah i believe this just sums up the base of your rigid anti-tithing preoccupation. grin

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 22, 2014
For God's sake!! When will Christians move past this self-destructive arguments and let others feel free to enjoy how God leads them in their daily lives? undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

Because Moses was used as the intermediary between God and the nation of Israel in the old just as Christ is in the new.

God Himself laid the curse, isn't that worse for law keepers?
Do you agree that a christian who keeps up with deliberate acts of sin without confessing it won't be able to enter the soon coming kingdom of God and that in itself is a curse for the age to come?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 5:35am On Nov 22, 2014
Bidam:
Do you agree that a christian who keeps up with deliberate acts of sin without confessing it won't be able to enter the soon coming kingdom of God and that in itself is a curse for the age to come?

You keep raising new topics. What has deliberate act of sin Of a Christian got to do with the law and corresponding blessings and curse of tithing by the jews?

At least, admit God operated between these two separate entities differently, then we can focus on the negative effect of being sinful as a Christian.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 22, 2014
[quote author=shdemidemi post=28237780]

You keep raising new topics. What has deliberate act of sin Of a Christian got to do with the law and corresponding blessings and curse of tithing by the jews?
You raised the issue of cause and effects not me.
At least, admit God operated between these two separate entities differently, then we can focus on the negative effect of being sinful as a Christian.
Where did i admit you two gospel heresy? Israel was just a prototype of what God by extension want's to do to the whole world. Without that Christianity doesn't have a leg to stand on talk much more of to walk on. This is common bible sense really.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 6:15am On Nov 22, 2014
Bidam:
Where did i admit you two gospel heresy?

I mentioned the nation of Israel and Christians, how you came up with two gospel heresy is beyond me.

Did God deal with Israel by immediate judgement for their sins? Yes or No

Is it the same way with Christianity? Yes or No

Whatever your rejoinder answer these two questions sincerely.

The adulterous woman was to be killed according to the law, Christianity says go and sin no more. Do they operate on different judgement system?

Bidam:

Israel was just a prototype of what God by extension want's to do to the whole world.
Agreed. When you say prototype, the focus must then be on christ, isn't it.

Red Sea, blood of the lamb, ark of noah, Joseph preparing a place in Egypt, parables of Jesus et al. These were all shadows of a saviour that is to come.

Bidam:

Without that Christianity doesn't have a leg to stand on talk much more of to walk on. This is common bible sense really.

Well, I will not question God's wisdom or capability. He chose to present Himself as merciful God through a nation and a people who hypocritically thought they could uphold the law of God. He could have presented jesus in many ways but He chose Israel as the channel through which Christ will visit the world.

The plan was never for us to be followers of the law or proselytes of Judaism. The plan was actually for us to be followers of Christ which means 'christian'.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

I mentioned the nation of Israel and Christians, how you came up with two gospel heresy is beyond me.
You agree peter,Hebrews and James was written to you?
Did God deal with Israel by immediate judgement for their sins? Yes or No
Depends.
Is it the same way with Christianity? Yes or No
Yes, the wages of sin is death.
Whatever your rejoinder answer these two questions sincerely.
Whatever do you mean by this statement?

The adulterous woman was to be killed according to the law, Christianity says go and sin no more. Do they operate on different judgement system?
Thank God you say Christianity says go and sin no more. Read that verse properly and get back to me whether Jesus was talking to the Jews or to you like you always say.

Agreed. When you say prototype, the focus must then be on christ, isn't it.

Red Sea, blood of the lamb, ark of noah, Joseph preparing a place in Egypt, parables of Jesus et al. These were all shadows of a saviour that is to come.
Ok.

Well, I will not question God's wisdom or capability. He chose to present Himself as merciful God through a nation and a people who hypocritically thought they could uphold the law of God. He could have presented jesus in many ways but He chose Israel as the channel through which Christ will visit the world
. No one can uphold the Law. The law is now written in the hearts of believers not the tablets of stones.

The plan was never for us to be followers of the law or proselytes of Judaism. The plan was actually for us to be followers of Christ which means 'christian'.

And where did i advocate such in all my write up here? Your friend brought the issue of Gal3 :10 up and i showed him his ignorance on the said scripture, whatever you interpret my write up to be is your headache.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 6:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Bidam:
You agree peter,Hebrews and James was written to you?

Is that what we are discussing here. If you like to understand the settings of the bible why don't you wait to discuss that after the topic at hand or open a separate thread for it.

Bidam:
Depends.

depends on what?

Did He command us to be stoned to death when we go against Him like He did in the old?

Bidam:

Yes, the wages of sin is death.
Where did sin get its power to condemn and kill?

If there was no law, will there be sin?

Romans 7
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence[size=32pt] For without the law sin was dead[/size].

Bidam:
Thank God you say Christianity says go and sin no more. Read that verse properly and get back to me whether Jesus was talking to the Jews or to you like you always say.

When we say a portion of scripture was not directly speaking to the church, we don't mean discard all that was written. The bible says all were written for our learning and the words of Jesus isn't different in that respect.

He preached a kingdom and instructed the Jews to keep the message away from non-Israelites. Meaning not every part was primarily addressed to us.

Christ represented a shift in the law especially after two years of his earthly ministry. He constantly violates the sabbath.

Moreover, go and sin no more does not mean that lady becomes perfect, does it? She will yet sin hence why Christ needed to doe for her and for you on the cross: Not because He sinned but because we sinned and will yet sin.

Bidam:
No one can uphold the Law. The law is now written in the hearts of believers not the tablets of stones..
Are you sure? Quote the scripture lets peruse together.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:44am On Nov 22, 2014
Bidam:
Gombs my man..How's the IPPC going?

Great bro... it's something else. I just knew the job to do is even greater. No more dragging irrelevancies here. I'd start an online outreach to the middle east. Alot of grounds to cover bro. For those here who knew how the church should be, I pray they translate it into the physical. How can God tell them how his church should be, and all they do is type all day, criticizing? It's certain, THEY ARE NOT OF GOD. simple.

I'm off for the morning session. Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.