Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207446 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:
Why am i stupid?
Does God have a wife,manservant or maidservant and a donkey? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sir,
I gave you the penalty of tithing and then I find you here aksing the same question. What answer are you looking for?

I have shown you another COMMAND about coveting, gone ahead and shared the definition of the same, and now am asking you what is the penalty for COVETING. What is the punishment for the same? Or is coveting punishable?
Bidam:
Does God have a wife,manservant or maidservant and a donkey? undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Candour:

我也可以說方言......如果你們不知道.... angry

[size=3pt]I go confuse all of una today.....una go think say na play[/size]

This gave me a good laugh after a tiresome afternoon.

Tongues... languages. Known languages that have their interpretation.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:
Sir,
I gave you the penalty of tithing and then I find you here aksing the same question. What answer are you looking for?

I have shown you another COMMAND about coveting, gone ahead and shared the definition of the same, and now am asking you what is the penalty for COVETING. What is the punishment for the same? Or is coveting punishable?
I think you need risperidone for your anomaly.SMH!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Candour:

If you pick tithing for yourself, good for you. Same with the person that decides to practice feast of tabernacles. They however aren't rules for Christians otherwise the apostles would have told us.

What if I decide to take the tithe to needy brethren instead of the church? After all Christ even said the least of the brethren represented him? Would the blessing in Malachi still follow?

These clearly confirms a lack of understanding and grasp of the New Testament/Covenant and the Church. The church is the brethren, giving during service in the congregation is a basic submission to authority and combination of effort(unity).
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:

vooks is making a lot of sense and the point he is trying to make is that you cannot say the curse of Malachi is one special curse when you know that a curse and a blessing follow the law itself. He made that point to you in the past and one cannot understand why you are repeating it again.

But if you wish to continue, then provide a scripture also that pronounces a curse on anyone for coveting.

How you cannot understand that Christians are not under a curse since Christ became a curse for us is simply mind boggling.

And lest you bring up the issues of a Christian that sins; you may need to then provide the scripture that says such a Christian is cursed. Until then understand that Malachi 3 is not a message to Christians.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Image123:

These clearly confirms a lack of understanding and grasp of the New Testament/Covenant and the Church. The church is the brethren, giving during service in the congregation is a basic submission to authority and combination of effort(unity).

Hope you won't turn this into another infantile display of immaturity? I was having a mature discussion with mba. You and I have discussed this exact point on a thread last year. You might want to check your past posts to confirm.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
I forgive you my brother. Have a nice weekend ahead wink

Bidam:
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Candour:

What is wrong in coming together as a church and deciding together to contribute a percentage of our income to run legitimate programmes of the church? Is that not how the new testament church lived?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, habaaaaaaa. Has this fellow's handle being hacked? I explained this same point to him several times but he vigorously and viciously fought it in the name of debate.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
Image123:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, habaaaaaaa. Has this fellow's handle being hacked? I explained this same point to him several times but he vigorously and viciously fought it in the name of debate.

Don't you have someone to spare you some attention at home?

I will talk a million times over any issue with anybody ready for a mature discussion devoid of displays of childish tantrums. For you, I reserve the right to repeat myself or refer you to the archives when I so chose.

You have any any other problem?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
Candour:

Hope you won't turn this into another infantile display of immaturity? I was having a mature discussion with mba. You and I have discussed this exact point on a thread last year. You might want to check your past posts to confirm.

Oh my mature spinefull red-herring speciality. You cannot hide your lack of under standing and grasp of the New Testament/Covenant and the Church.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
Image123:

Oh my mature spinefull red-herring speciality. You cannot hide your lack of under standing and grasp of the New Testament/Covenant and the Church.

Keep knocking on the door for attention.....I might be tempted to oblige you
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
Candour:

Don't you have someone to spare you some attention at home?

I will talk a million times over any issue with anybody ready for a mature discussion devoid of displays of childish tantrums. For you, I reserve the right to repeat myself or refer you to the archives when I so chose.

You have any any other problem?

I see I've been a bad mentor to you, you didn't complete your training as you've only learnt bad thing half-baked. I apologise.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Image123:

I see I've been a bad mentor to you, you didn't complete your training as you've only learnt bad thing half-baked. I apologise.

You're bad at everything you've set out to do on NL. Not just now.

Meanwhile, keep seeking the attention.....

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

vooks is making a lot of sense and the point he is trying to make is that you cannot say the curse of Malachi is one special curse when you know that a curse and a blessing follow the law itself. He made that point to you in the past and one cannot understand why you are repeating it again.

But if you wish to continue, then provide a scripture also that pronounces a curse on anyone for coveting.

How you cannot understand that Christians are not under a curse since Christ became a curse for us is simply mind boggling.

And lest you bring up the issues of a Christian that sins; you may need to then provide the scripture that says such a Christian is cursed. Until then understand that Malachi 3 is not a message to Christians.
I think someone mentioned cause and effect. Yet no one of you could provide a single scripture on Moses invoking a curse on non tithers. Until you do i think i will rest my case.

As for the bolded Was Paul and the Holy Spirit talking to Jews when he WARNED them sternly not to indulge in pagan revelry in 1 corinthians 10?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:
I forgive you my brother. Have a nice weekend ahead wink

Forgive me for what? or your blasphemous statement that God has a wife and an donkey?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by LambanoPeace: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hello all!

I've missed much. IPPC is really a priority now. My shout out to Gombs, Candour, Nannymcphee, and Vooks

#SpecialGrace

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Candour(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
LambanoPeace:
Hello all!

I've missed much. IPPC is really a priority now. My shout out to Gombs, Candour, Nannymcphee, and Vooks

#SpecialGrace

Greetings to you too
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
My brother,
Who ever said God has a wife and a donkey?
There is a commandment AGAINST coveting

Exodus 20:17 (ESV)
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

I ran into you asking shdemidemi to show you a single verse that has penalty for not tithing. I had shared with you the Deuteronomy 27 verse on the CURSE for breaking any Law. The same is mentioned by Paul in Galatians 3:10. Not every commandment has a specific penalty. Penalty for adultery is death. We don't have penalty for coveting. But we have the 'general' penalty of breaking any commandment. Since coveting and tithing are parts of the commandments of God, breaking tithing laws attracts a curse. Same case applies to coveting.

So, absence of a specific penalty for breaking a commandment does not mean there are no consequences.

Now you called me grossly stupi.d, recommended a drug for schizophrenia/bipolar. Why would you do this? Did you misunderstand any of what I posted?

Bidam:
Forgive me for what? or your blasphemous statement that God has a wife and an donkey?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hi,
Have a good time and come share the blessings you will appropriate with all of us wink
LambanoPeace:
Hello all!

#SpecialGrace
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:
My brother,
Who ever said God has a wife and a donkey?
There is a commandment AGAINST coveting

Exodus 20:17 (ESV)
17 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

I ran into you asking shdemidemi to show you a single verse that has penalty for not tithing. I had shared with you the Deuteronomy 27 verse on the CURSE for breaking any Law. The same is mentioned by Paul in Galatians 3:10. Not every commandment has a specific penalty. Penalty for adultery is death. We don't have penalty for coveting. But we have the 'general' penalty of breaking any commandment. Since coveting and tithing are parts of the commandments of God, breaking tithing laws attracts a curse. Same case applies to coveting.

So, absence of a specific penalty for breaking a commandment does not mean there are no consequences.

Now you called me grossly stupi.d, recommended a drug for schizophrenia/bipolar. Why would you do this? Did you misunderstand any of what I posted?

Oga, the Deuteronomy curses were specific on the laws that were broken, the levites recited them to the whole of the hearing of Israel it includes but not limited to carved images,dishonour to parents,justice, sexual relations, bribery and it ended with cursed is the man who does not uphold the listed laws read by the levites, so you are wrong to generalize it that it covers the tithes. You can only fall back and make a case for obedience in deut 28. in which case tithes isn't mentioned either.

I am sorry if you got offended by my post sometimes it's pretty upsetting if you do not follow someone's line of reasoning.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
I think someone mentioned cause and effect. Yet no one of you could provide a single scripture on Moses invoking a curse on non tithers. Until you do i think i will rest my case

Very good idea. Rest your case. In fact your case was rested before you started off, one only had to point it out to you.

Bidam:
As for the bolded Was Paul and the Holy Spirit talking to Jews when he WARNED them sternly not to indulge in pagan revelry in 1 corinthians 10?

And 1 Corinthians 10 said that Christians were cursed. Well, that will be a hell of a conclusion. Tell me what 1 Cor 10 says and show me how it said Christians can be cursed. Until then, some of us will revel in:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law (eg: tithing, circumsision, offerings, Sabbath keeping, etc) are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nannymcphee(f): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Gombs:

Do a little googling on countries in the carribean, then get back to me. 105million copies of ROR were distributed this year, by N130 or $0.77 it's $81, 000, 000. Leave Bibles, innercity mission, etc out.

Firstly your calculations are flawed, assuming you are correct about 150millions copies being produced, you will be wrong about 150million copies distributed because I wrote earlier on that there are lots of cartons of undistributed rhapsodies gathering dust in so many churches.
I know this because this has been the norm since its inception and I have seen it with my eyes in different churches in different states

So stop blowing that trumpet of 150million copies being distributed!!!

The undistributed copy wouldn’t you call that wastage?

How many of your possessions have you sold and laid it on the feet of your Apostle? See how warped your thinking can get? Share so that no one lacked abi? Churches should not be built and books should not be sponsored shey? God help your reasoning. Amen

I wouldn’t blow my trumpet here, so no need to start giving you a record of my financial giving and I never said churches should not be built or books sponsored. I only brought that up to show what the focus of the early church was, there has to be balance in everything

Ordinary folks? So there are rich, average and ordinary in the Church of God? haven't you heard of HELPS dept? What of brethren empowerment initiatives? Your own better idea is to make everyone who is 'ordinary folks' queue, and share for them the monies from the possesion others sold, shey? Clap for yourself

When next you read my posts, have an open mind, check the tone and the context in which I’m speaking, ordinary not in a derogatory sense, but in the sense of those who don’t have

NB: there is no such thing as staffs, in English language anyway. You don't pluralise staff. Thank you
Thanks, I learn everyday but the error does not negate the fact that I know so many staff

IF you could read, you'd have noticed I said "second only to the Bible". And yes, some folks paid for the Bibles to be shared free.... they are however not more than 120 different languages, are they? And yes "the union" were given responsibility/mandated for funding the Bibles. Read here to help your ignorance
http://www.gideons.org/AboutUs/OurHistory.aspx

Again I say unto you Endeavour to check the context of my post before responding
When they say Mr A has been mandated to recover the Govt debt, it means he has been given the power or responsibility to recover the said debt, it doesn’t mean Mr A has been forced to recover the debt

When they say, it is mandatory for Mr A to recover the said debt, it means it is a must, it is compulsory for him to recover the said debt
From your link, the union was given the mandate/responsibility to fund the bible not that they made it mandatory for the union. See the difference now.

Whose ignorance is being helped now?

God help your ignorance.
GIDEONS go around to churches and speak, most Baptists churches have the Gideons there once a year or more and the churches make donations or pledges to help buy bibles for that purpose. Some private individuals give to them yearly as well...when a person donates they can determine where they want the bibles placed, they can be for soldiers (green testaments) or the Red testaments that they hand out at schools.

Everyone here knows that for every free thing that is being distributed has been paid by someone. Even if an NGO gives out drugs for free, we all know they sourced for funds from donors!!
That being said, do you find the Gideon’s cajoling, forcing, threatening those Baptist churches to part with their funds?

Are you sure you are ok... is that what I wrote or what your smart mind could conjure? undecided

Please can someone else here help me out, I could be wrong, what’s the correct interpretation and inference from this post

Bonus: Rhapsody of Realities is in 550 languages now, the only book with the most translation in the world second only to the Bible, the world's most read book, second only to the bible and 105million copies were distributed this year

That's the Spirit of Judas...
[NLT] John 12:5 “That perfume was worth a year’s wages. It should have been sold and the money given to the poor.”
[NLT] John 12:6 Not that he cared for the poor—he was a thief, and since he was in charge of the disciples’ money, he often stole some for himself.

This scripture doesn’t quite come in here, judas was faulted because his motive was known, he didn’t care for the poor and he was a thief.
I CARE FOR THE POOR AND I’M NOT A THIEF!!

When Reach Out Nigeria started, it was strictly Rhapsody distribution, 2 or 3yrs later, coporate social responsibility was introduced, sharing of Rhapsody and doing something for the community where the various Christ embassy was located.
Some have benefited from this gesture(this is balance)

There is still a wide gap between the distribution of rhapsody and the CSR, if the holes were plugged you will have more funds for CSR. The 150million copies that was printed, had a large number undistributed, if the amount of the undistributed copies were saved and channeled to CSR, that will be financial prudence
How will such funds be saved? by never printing those excess in the first place, questions like, how many person are really reading this but pastors will never do this, they keep giving large numbers just to hit targets.
So every year the target number of copies will keep increasing, while a large chunk will go undistributed. The cycle goes on.
Abeg there certain things I cant say here, it will be too revealing

Another case is the millions we spend on publizing ministry programs, if pastor is going to Abuja, word of mouth alone is enough, that venue will still be packed out, yet we still spend millions on the publicity, street storm, costumes, trucks, flyers, helicopters in distributing flyers, banners, jingles, radio advert, tv adverts etc cant these things be done in moderation and the balance monies channeled to other things
Jesus pulled crowds in his time without the present day publicity tools, how did he do it? How come ours is different?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
My broda,

Galatians 3:10 (ESV)
10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.

1. Could you briefly explain this verse.

Bidam:
Oga, the Deuteronomy curses were specific on the laws that were broken, the levites recited them to the whole of the hearing of Israel it includes but not limited to carved images,dishonour to parents,justice, sexual relations, bribery and it ended with cursed is the man who does not uphold the listed laws read by the levites, so you are wrong to generalize it that it covers the tithes. You can only fall back and make a case for obedience in deut 28. in which case tithes isn't mentioned either.

I am sorry if you got offended by my post sometimes it's pretty upsetting if you do not follow someone's line of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
you are wrong to generalize it that it covers the tithes.

Did God make it clear to the nation of Israel that there is a consequence for evading tithes?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:

Very good idea. Rest your case. In fact your case was rested before you started off, one only had to point it out to you.

And 1 Corinthians 10 said that Christians were cursed. Well, that will be a hell of a conclusion. Tell me what 1 Cor 10 says and show me how it said Christians can be cursed. Until then, some of us will revel in:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law ([s]eg: tithing, circumsision, offerings, Sabbath keeping,[/s] etc) are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
How do you twist Galatians to your destruction? Was tithing ever mentioned in that verse? SMH! Why don't you read the CONTEXT to understand the import of what Paul was talking about rather than this half hearted attempts at lifting verses out of context to form an erroneous doctrine.

What is the setting of these verses of scripture? The issue is HOW is a person justified or saved in the eyes of God. Paul quotes from the JEWISH scriptures to make his point in the matter.

In Galatians 3:8, Paul quotes from Genesis 12:3.
In Galatians 3:10, Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 27:26 and i told vooks tithing wasn't mentioned in that place either. wink
In Galatians 3:11, Paul quotes from Habakkuk 2:4
In Galatians 3:12, Paul quotes from Leviticus 18:5
In Galatians 3:13, Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 21:23

The issue being discussed in Galatians 3 is HOW is a person SAVED in the eyes of God? Paul answers the question by quoting from the Jewish
scriptures including the Torah and stating that a person is SAVED by God through faith in the work of the Messiah and not by his own works.

Law simply means instruction so when issues of fleeing fornication, idolatry and the likes that christian are warned to steer clear of what you are saying is that Christians are under a curse by following those instructions abi? using your Gal 3:10.Good reasoning. cheesy

As for the 1cor 10 i quoted to you, pls read 11.

Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

Now let's go to the end of the Bible:

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie (Revelation 22:14-15).

So a christian who goes back to his vomit is not exempted either.Not being able to enter the kingdom is a curse for the age to come.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
vooks:
My broda,

Galatians 3:10 (ESV)
10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.

1. Could you briefly explain this verse.

Check winsomex post.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Cause and Effect, according to Bidam is sin and be cursed abi? Let's 1 Cor 10:

1 Corinthians 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

So there was cause and effect alright. Does this translate to a cursed Christian? Let's see.

Bidam:

So if these are aspects of the law Christians are to keeps, what was Christ point here?

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [size=16t] 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.[/size]

Or what do Paul and James mean here? Why do they agree so much with Jesus and disagree with you, Bidam??

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Dont forget:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Here is the point. The Christian has nothing to do with the whole Mosaic law, including the ten commandments.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Why?

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So, the Christian is not lawless but under a new law: the law of Spirit of life; also called the law of love. In this law there are no obligations for rituals, burnt offering, new moons, festivals or tithes. However, this law uphold the moral aspect of the laws of Moses and even builds on it.

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire... 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So, there is cause and effect indeed. The Christian that sins will suffer consequences: chastisement or discipline like a good Father an unruly child but there is no evidence of a curse on him as it is clearly stated in the law.

[b]Hebrews 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
[/b]
That's all we have of NT cause and effect. Anything else are product of untaught minds.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

Did God make it clear to the nation of Israel that there is a consequence for evading tithes?
In Malachi prophecy yes. Is all of Malachi fulfilled? Can you quote a clear scripture where Moses lay a curse on non tithers?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam:
How do you twist Galatians to your destruction? Was tithing ever mentioned in that verse? SMH! Why don't you read the CONTEXT to understand the import of what Paul was talking about rather than this half hearted attempts at lifting verses out of context to form an erroneous doctrine.

What is the setting of these verses of scripture? The issue is HOW is a person justified or saved in the eyes of God. Paul quotes from the JEWISH scriptures to make his point in the matter.

In Galatians 3:8, Paul quotes from Genesis 12:3.
In Galatians 3:10, Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 27:26 and i told vooks tithing wasn't mentioned in that place either. wink
In Galatians 3:11, Paul quotes from Habakkuk 2:4
In Galatians 3:12, Paul quotes from Leviticus 18:5
In Galatians 3:13, Paul quotes from Deuteronomy 21:23

The issue being discussed in Galatians 3 is HOW is a person SAVED in the eyes of God? Paul answers the question by quoting from the Jewish
scriptures including the Torah and stating that a person is SAVED by God through faith in the work of the Messiah and not by his own works.

Law simply means instruction so when issues of fleeing fornication, idolatry and the likes that christian are warned to steer clear of what you are saying is that Christians are under a curse by following those instructions abi? using your Gal 3:10.Good reasoning. cheesy

As for the 1cor 10 i quoted to you, pls read 11.

Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

Now let's go to the end of the Bible:

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie (Revelation 22:14-15).

So a christian who goes back to his vomit is not exempted either.Not being able to enter the kingdom is a curse for the age to come.

I will not enter into Torah-Gospel with you here. You may find your teachers: Obadiah777, MostHigh and Jesusislord85 to tutor you a bit more on it because you might need some upbraiding on that false religion they propagate. While you are it, find out from them why they (that's if the monickers is not one individual sef) have suddenly found their voices drowned on nl. Could it be that modern Judaism does not sell?

Works of the law is works of the law: keeping Moses laws, including titjing. Please dont rewrite the bible.

You may want to refer to my last post.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
Bidam, what were the consequences of not tithing from the Torah?

WinsomeX:

I will not enter into Torah-Gospel with you here. You may find your teachers: Obadiah777, MostHigh and Jesusislord85 to tutor you a bit more on it because you might need some upbraiding on that false religion they propagate. While you are it, find out from them why they (that's if the monickers is not one individual sef) have suddenly found their voices drowned on nl. Could it be that modern Judaism does not sell?

Works of the law is works of the law: keeping Moses laws, including titjing. Please dont rewrite the bible.

You may want to refer to my last post.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
WinsomeX:
Cause and Effect, according to Bidam is sin and be cursed abi? Let's 1 Cor 10:

1 Corinthians 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

So there was cause and effect alright. Does this translate to a cursed Christian? Let's see.

So if these are aspects of the law Christians are to keeps, what was Christ point here?

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [size=16t] 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.[/size]

Or what do Paul and James mean here? Why do they agree so much with Jesus and disagree with you, Bidam??

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Dont forget:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Here is the point. The Christian has nothing to do with the whole Mosaic law, including the ten commandments.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Why?

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So, the Christian is not lawless but under a new law: the law of Spirit of life; also called the law of love. In this law there are no obligations for rituals, burnt offering, new moons, festivals or tithes. However, this law uphold the moral aspect of the laws of Moses and even builds on it.

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire... 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

So, there is cause and effect indeed. The Christian that sins will suffer consequences: chastisement or discipline like a good Father an unruly child but there is no evidence of a curse on him as it is clearly stated in the law.

[b]Hebrews 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
[/b]
That's all we have of NT cause and effect. Anything else are product of untaught minds.
You are chasing the wind and wide off the mark. I have addressed your wahala. The underlying principle behind the tithes is worship to God. The motive is simply Love for God and the Love motivates the tither to give.Anything wey you add here na u sabi. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.