Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola (18837 Views)

Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan / 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by eejo(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2014
please Nigerians pdp =apc who do we vote come 2015

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Dannyset(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2014
Very very soon, we gon hav our own Country in Lagos State. And all dis PDP n APC tussle is gon end. Ama Lagosian, n I believe in Fashola. And so do I in APC than PDP.

7 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 10:14am On Oct 20, 2014
no valid explanation here

amaechi 1.4 billion for ebola cry

11 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by stan241(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2014
Somebody explains how he spent money belonging to your state and instead of reading through and confirming if what he says you come here and start bashing him...I tire for some of una sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by hmmbabs(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2014
Just like his mentor, Bola Tinubu.. U na be bunch of liars, we know u too wellaaa for Lagos.. Most of d projects done in Lagos were funded by d FG... Faaaaaaashhhhooooollllla, wait for ur turn but I doubt.. Buhari/Fashola ticket no go pay us for ds Naija. Buhari is planning to Islamize Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Fesomu(m): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:
these are flashes of what to expect from an APC government? a debt ridden country? Buhari also took a loan to buy his form lipsrsealed
buhari took a loan to save your future iddiot..he's not a perfect man buh he's gat what it takes to stop corruption which is the most important thing nigeria needs

6 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Firefire(m): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2014
“When next they come to tell you about debt, remind them that they approved the borrowing. And if they ask you about debt still, ask them to account for over N2 trillion spent on fuel importation without appropriation, and to explain what happened to $20 billion.

Fashola reasoning caption above could mean justifying how un-accountable his administration is...

Me (BRF) na small thief... the other people (PDP) are bigger thief? Hmmm?

Progressive indeed!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2014
Eastherbunny:

Reading stuff like this make me wonder why on earth did gods refuse to tell us this in the first place.

I mean comon this is their story.
you badt gan!
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by jojotemitopaz(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Kai! You guyz should reason objectively abeg, even the Almighty US borrows money for developmental projects...wats important is if the state is credit worthy enuff to pay back wat ever money was borrowed. Lagos has been able to creatively institutionalize the are of generating bankable income daily, hourly, monthly etc therfore making it credit worthy at all levels. This is where most other state have failed therefore soley relying on fedral Allocations. If the fedral government did the same we wouldnt need to depend on oil so much

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 20, 2014
Ever wonder why your local state has to take loans?

Because they are resource dependent.

Resource dependent economies use the money earned from selling their resources...in Nigeria's case oil....to live beyond their means. As a result they end up in serious debt....and with a lot of white elephant projects that are more trouble than they are worth

Industrial economies , on the other hand,use innovation to sort out their debt problems...by training the next generation of innovators who will leave school and set up lots of industries....who will cough out lots of tax. As well as attract more industries.

But Nigerians seem to think that we have endless cash.....

Oil is a curse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by AZeD1(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2014
For Lagos state, N160 billion is very healthy. The only people who complain are those who know nothing about finance.

I'd be more worried if my state is debt free.

11 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Ately: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2014
#impresive#only God know the pokets wey d money sleep put...

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by coronaprof(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2014
Pls wia dos uniön bank cum in? We pple stil de espet d 2.5 o. Agu tk nt! ...& pls cud pcl b among d pvt co.??
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Oceemo(m): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2014
I love this guy read dwn d break off things he said. U will knw his a guru in the use of words. Gud diction, wit d repetitoin of ”ask d voodo economic.“ And it jst helps 2 tell u that d guy is a smat lad I give him that. And 2 crown it all his working. His name is knwn all arnd nigeria unlike his other co governors even in d other party n in his own party. His d gud face of APC. I love u man keep d flag flying.

Note: am not an apc member tho

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2014
Nice explanation but Fashola please warn your lassa guys o, even though I have paid for my advert, some overzealous workers came to remove my advert before I got to the office. is this how they do things?

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by honeric01(m): 10:38am On Oct 20, 2014
rozayx5:
no valid explanation here

amaechi 1.4 billion for ebola cry

Your case be like that person wey go viewing center see Barcelona vs R.Madrid with score at 0:0, yet dey ask who dey lead.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by amolex(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2014
kokan Aye!

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by adonbilivit: 10:42am On Oct 20, 2014
since2005:
[size=35pt]Just imagine my boyfriend owns that sum of money[/size]

ooops
how about owning it yourself? smh

7 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2014
what I don't understand is why the Open disclosure now when several requests has gone to the LASG government based on FOI to release such public information without any response. na waoooooh

4 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Segadem(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2014
ytunde30:
Nothing new about that in Nigeria
Fashola is leaving by may next year,and the question is who is going to pay??

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Originalsly: 10:47am On Oct 20, 2014
Hmmm.....World Bank is a vampire when it comes to lending money to countries such as Nigeria. The conditions of their loans almost always involve privitization, devaluation of currency and freezing of wages. I was hoping to hear about how much has to be repaid and the conditions of the loans....never heardof the WB givingloans to a state. Are the interlopers entering and taking control via Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by yorke1: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2014
Tinubu, Fashola & APC scamming Lagosians since they remain to be gullible and refused to kick them out! grin tongue

6 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 20, 2014
Dem swear for APC with debts All their states are indebted.

Even their presidential candidate GMB wey neva contest don borrow 27m to buy form grin

I hope the borrowings are truly justifiable and not the usual bogus 1b per kilometre road constructions.

5 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ratiken(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2014
With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Mogidi: 10:51am On Oct 20, 2014
stan241:
Somebody explains how he spent money belonging to your state and instead of reading through and confirming if what he says you come here and start bashing him...I tire for some of una sha

This is well rehearsed choreography of what happened to the money, why not let Lagosians find out the truth through passing the FOI bill?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by orasuyiefosa(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2014
Hmmmhn was my business.....
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Mogidi: 10:58am On Oct 20, 2014
Fesomu:
buhari took a loan to save your future iddiot..he's not a perfect man buh he's gat what it takes to stop corruption which is the most important thing nigeria needs

Yet your corrupt Czar absolves the insatiably greedy and corruption personified Abacha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by aljharem(m): 10:58am On Oct 20, 2014
APC Lagos government is just a bedrock of corruption

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by phlopholly: 10:59am On Oct 20, 2014
since2005:
[size=35pt]Just imagine my boyfriend owns that sum of money[/size]

ooops

why not ur husband?
girls be amusing us since 2005

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Xplicitonu: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2014
Fesomu:
I love dis fashola guy.. We need somebody like him to guide nigeria.. He has a concrete plan on how to spend and repay lasg debt unlike some nuisance in aso rock. Na d rock go kill em
n u too.... Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Junaid Mohammed: Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested If He Steps Into Nigeria / Boko Haram Clashes With Cameroon Soldiers / Checkout This Rice Production Factory In Nasarawa As Audu Ogbeh Visits It(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.