Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola (19023 Views)

Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan / 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ayusco85(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
funmeme:

I'm a supporter of APC, just saying what works.

Regards.

its obvious
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ugoezeik(m): 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
since2005:
[size=35pt]Just imagine my boyfriend owns that sum of money[/size]

ooops
lol my swthrt, no wori we go mekam

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by DaGC(m): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Coming from a governor that bragged about Lagos being able to survive on IGR alone without federal allocation, this is kinda weird. Yes, he worked, so did other governors and they didn't accumulate such debts.

I saw some people saying things like 'do you know what lagos was like in 1998' or 'he's working. Remember when we couldn't answer phones at the bus stop?' etc. I could say the same thing about other states. I was in Kano before Kwankwaso, and when I visited recently, the changes/improvements were extremely visible. Most of us didn't know much of Akwa Ibom before Akpabio. I also knew of Edo before Oshiomole and what it is now(still got more to improve), even Warri of 1998 is not the same Warri of today; the improvements are too vast. Even Nigeria has a whole has improved drastically from previous years.

My gripe with most Lagosians is that despite all Nigerian politicians being almost the same, they are always quick to dismiss achievements of the others and praise just this man.

They are all the same regardless of party.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yea, he borrowed 160b naira but use 51b out of d money to construct federal roads,federal governments pls pay Lagos what u owe them,u r not trying at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
gregg2:
When next they come to tell you about debt, remind them that they approved the borrowing . . . . . "

Bullshit!!! Like seriously, Mr Fashola?
Our politicians are criminals and very deceitful.

I remember when Finance Minister attempted to block further loans to Lagos due to
excess indebtedness incurred by the Fashola's government. This same man was found scampering all
over Abuja begging, complaining, crying. He visited Jonathan, David Mark, Okonjo-Iweala, Tambuwal etc.
His party turned it to a political issue, running propaganda until GEJ stepped in and directed
Okonjo-Iweala to approve of that loan atleast for peace to reign

WHAT YOU REMEMBER ?

GUY GIVE US WHAT WE WANT

GUY US THE REAL SOURCE AND IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE JUST PARK WELL PLS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by highmood(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2014
Funny explanation and justification of indebtedness.
1. Loan is good for development, but for a state like Lagos, 160billion is not encouraging notwithstanding the huge monthly IGR.

2. Fed published to mislead d public according to him, but some media houses sponsored by the APC as well as Fashola himself never saw anything good been done by the Federal government, is this not misleading and dishonesty?

3. LASG supplied poles, bulbs, diesels.. By fashola, was it not expected that any govt with good taste of aesthetic would provide lights in streets and also maintain them even without borrowing to do such, why is providing those such a big deal in the case of LASG? Are they the first to provide those things?

4. Please let us understand the issue of Badagry-mile2-orile, what is the stake of Ecowas in the project? I have heard they made fund available to fund it because it links the other Ecowas states.

5. Is Lagos state the only state where govt have built schools, hospitals etc. Other states have federal institutions yet they are running without the state saying the borrowed to give them light, water etc. Fashola should not use that as an excuse to borrow, its cheap to the ear.

6. Now rather than clearly and in details justify the over 160billion and cover the shame brought to APC govt, fashola diverted into attacking the Fed govt politically just to blackmail them. If I may ask Fashola, as a claimed wise governor or a government of APC that he mans, since the fed govt agreed states should borrow, if the fed ask them to plunge into the lagoon, i believe they would do exactly that, because I know, Peter Obi governed Anambra state without a debt but rather left over 30billion for the state.

I love fashola at his bold stride, but for this loan and indebtedness he plunged the state into notwithstanding the monthly IGR, its a NO NO for me. States that are Progressive ought to develop and still leave some amount behind for the next administration to use, not plunging the state into debt of such magnitude.

Ekiti is owing about 57billion, Lagos is owing 160billion, I heard Imo is owing too as well as Rivers state. Are these politicians of the APC state really progressive as they call themselves or are they just propagandist party who just intentionally cover thier ears and mouth to the good things the FED is doing? GEJ is not better, but some of these APC governors and even thier green snake presidential candidates are less than good.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by manutdadex(m): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
iyaniwura1:

For deceitful purpose, you quoted only the part that suited your point. Where have you put capital projects (railway, 10-lane roads etc) he mentioned. People like you and those you support are exactly who we don't want handling affairs of this country. Not at this time, Not forever.
guy am nt a politician but am a Nigerian, no one is faultin fashola or Apc but one fact still remain, Lagos is d richest state in d country wit or witout allocation! d borrowin is too much, i like fashola pass u but he is lettin politics corupt his good image.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by FearGodinall: 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
I've read so much about how Fashola, is " working", I'm yet to see for myself. Fashola, looks smart and sound intelligent, and I think that's about it. Personally, I see him as FRAUDULENT, PAROCHIAL and a WASHOUT, just like I see Jonathan.

Firstly, I learnt that Lagos state, IGR, runs into millions/billions, in addition to the monthly revenue Lagos, gets from the Fed. account, so what's Fashola doing with money? LOOTING or MISAPPROPRIATION?

Lagos state, doesn't feed the general public, Im yet to read about PUBLIC HOUSING that favors the MIDDLE CLASS or POOR people. Some of the bridges and inner city ( NON INTER-STATE) roads are being TOLLED. Lagosians, are yet to boast of 24hours electricity. The politicians, GEJ, TINUBU & ilk, they still frequent the WORLD CLASS HOSPITALS in the West. I mean, in Lagos, INFRASTRUCTURE, ELECTRICITY, HEALTH CARE & OTHER BASIC SOCIAL AMENITIES, are just as it has always, THIRD WORLD STANDARD, which only the POOR, LOCAL CHAMPIONS, & E-TOUTS get WOWED.

Fashola, paid govt. workers, tar roads & beautify the side walks, build parks, equip few hospitals, DOES ALL THESE THINGS JUSTIFY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LOAN ? What else is so EXCEPTIONAL about Fashola's " WORKING? If Lagos were to be Fashola's PERSONAL BUSINESS, I can assure that Lagos, IGR and monthly allocation will be enough to run the government and still make profit.

I took a road trip to Canada, from my state. I got tired of driving because I drove for about 4-5 hours, yet I'm within my state. We have govt. housing program for the POOR. The State, FEEDS THE POOR ( EBT program ), the state fix all the roads this summer/fall ahead of winter, in addition to bridges and new roads been constructed. In a nutshell, this state doesn't have OIL REVENUE coming in, rather, it's TAXES & TAXES that was used JUDICIOUSLY & TRANSPARENTLY for the PUBLIC GOOD. Rather, than borrowing or running deficit, the state budget was SURPLUS and they had to mail back some additional income tax check to me & millions of others. Actually, the state lawmakers, agreed to refund people some tax money, save a part of it & use the rest to fund some ESSENTIAL projects that requires URGENT funding.

Yes, Lagos state, is more populated, however, in less than 45 minutes, you're either in Ogun state, or Benin republic and Lagos state ( Fashola ) is NOT feeding or housing the POOR. Rather, than CARE or PROTECT, the POOR, VULNERABLE and WEAK folks, Fashola, will bundle them to their state of origin. We all know how some people are LEECHES on the UK/ British government, yet these leeches weren't deported to their countries of origin. So, whats Fashola, doing with PUBLIC FUNDS? WHY SHOULD Lagos borrow money and billions for that matter?

Lagos, have ZERO infrastructure, no road network, people spend hours coming or going to work. Most neighborhoods on the Island, are slums, flooding has become a norm cos of no drainage. Lagosians, who can afford it have their own sources of power and water supply. I'm yet to read a Jakande, type of housing or something meaningful about housing the poor. Why can't Fashola, build apartments for Lagos state civil servants in Lekki? Oh, they're not FIT for such neighborhood. Other than their paycheck, or transportation ( which they work for), is their any other thing the Lagos state, civil servants have being wowed with? What did Fashola, do with billions of dollars?

I lost the little regards I have for Fashola, when he failed to support the FOI. I expected him to be the champion or the most vocal supporter OR implementer of the Freedom Of Information act, because, he's lawyer, he claimed to be a people's servant, and morally, THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL ESTATE, the people of Lagos deserve to know how you RUN THEIR STATE. If you're HONEST & PRUDENT, WHY THE SECRECY?

Lastly, I still don't understand why Fashola, will be trading words with Jonathan, over who " stopped" Ebola, from spreading. Is it necessary? However, I'm very much sure if Ebola, was spreading & killing people, Fashola, APC & millions of Nigerians, would have been calling for GEJ's heading and branding him a FAILURE. The BLAME would have been Jonathan's ( the president that refused to close the borders), but the PAT ON THE BACK IS FOR FASHOLA's.

Counter my view with FACTS, I want to learn, but you chose to cuss, good for you. FYI, I do not care about Jonathan and his fellow ROGUES like Fashola, Tinubu, IBB, El rufai, OBJ, David Mark, Orji, Uba & their ilk. HISTORY WILL NOT BE KIND TO ALL OF THEM AND GENERATIONS TO COME WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM AND THEIR OFFSPRINGS. Support them all you want!! I'll continue to view things from a CRITICAL & OBJECTIVE lens, then I express myself based on that.

I'm yet to see the justification for borrowing money/billions by Fashola. Prove me wrong

5 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ifevictor: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
FearGodinall:
I've read so much about how Fashola, is " working", I'm yet to see for myself. Fashola, looks smart and sound intelligent, and I think that's about it. Personally, I see him as FRAUDULENT, PAROCHIAL and a WASHOUT, just like I see Jonathan.

Firstly, I learnt that Lagos state, IGR, runs into millions/billions, in addition to the monthly revenue Lagos, gets from the Fed. account, so what's Fashola doing with money? LOOTING or MISAPPROPRIATION?

Lagos state, doesn't feed the general public, Im yet to read about PUBLIC HOUSING that favors the MIDDLE CLASS or POOR people. Some of the bridges and inner city ( NON INTER-STATE) roads are being TOLLED. Lagosians, are yet to boast of 24hours electricity. The politicians, GEJ, TINUBU & ilk, they still frequent the WORLD CLASS HOSPITALS in the West. I mean, in Lagos, INFRASTRUCTURE, ELECTRICITY, HEALTH CARE & OTHER BASIC SOCIAL AMENITIES, are just as it has always, THIRD WORLD STANDARD, which only the POOR, LOCAL CHAMPIONS, & E-TOUTS get WOWED.

Fashola, paid govt. workers, tar roads & beautify the side walks, build parks, equip few hospitals, DOES ALL THESE THINGS JUSTIFY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LOAN ? What else is so EXCEPTIONAL about Fashola's " WORKING? If Lagos were to be Fashola's PERSONAL BUSINESS, I can assure that Lagos, IGR and monthly allocation will be enough to run the government and still make profit.

I took a road trip to Canada, from my state. I got tired of driving because I drove for about 4-5 hours, yet I'm within my state. We have govt. housing program for the POOR. The State, FEEDS THE POOR ( EBT program ), the state fix all the roads this summer/fall ahead of winter, in addition to bridges and new roads been constructed. In a nutshell, this state doesn't have OIL REVENUE coming in, rather, it's TAXES & TAXES that was used JUDICIOUSLY & TRANSPARENTLY for the PUBLIC GOOD. Rather, than borrowing or running deficit, the state budget was SURPLUS and they had to mail back some additional income tax check to me & millions of others. Actually, the state lawmakers, agreed to refund people some tax money, save a part of it & use the rest to fund some ESSENTIAL projects that requires URGENT funding.

Yes, Lagos state, is more populated, however, in less than 45 minutes, you're either in Ogun state, or Benin republic and Lagos state ( Fashola ) is NOT feeding or housing the POOR. Rather, than CARE or PROTECT, the POOR, VULNERABLE and WEAK folks, Fashola, will bundle them to their state of origin. We all know how some people are LEECHES on the UK/ British government, yet these leeches weren't deported to their countries of origin. So, whats Fashola, doing with PUBLIC FUNDS? WHY SHOULD Lagos borrow money and billions for that matter?

Lagos, have ZERO infrastructure, no road network, people spend hours coming or going to work. Most neighborhoods on the Island, are slums, flooding has become a norm cos of no drainage. Lagosians, who can afford it have their own sources of power and water supply. I'm yet to read a Jakande, type of housing or something meaningful about housing the poor. Why can't Fashola, build apartments for Lagos state civil servants in Lekki? Oh, they're not FIT for such neighborhood. Other than their paycheck, or transportation ( which they work for), is their any other thing the Lagos state, civil servants have being wowed with? What did Fashola, do with billions of dollars?

I lost the little regards I have for Fashola, when he failed to support the FOI. I expected him to be the champion or the most vocal supporter OR implementer of the Freedom Of Information act, because, he's lawyer, he claimed to be a people's servant, and morally, THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL ESTATE, the people of Lagos deserve to know how you RUN THEIR STATE. If you're HONEST & PRUDENT, WHY THE SECRECY?

Lastly, I still don't understand why Fashola, will be trading words with Jonathan, over who " stopped" Ebola, from spreading. Is it necessary? However, I'm very much sure if Ebola, was spreading & killing people, Fashola, APC & millions of Nigerians, would have been calling for GEJ's heading and branding him a FAILURE. The BLAME would have been Jonathan's ( the president that refused to close the borders), but the PAT ON THE BACK IS FOR FASHOLA's.

Counter my view with FACTS, I want to learn, but you chose to cuss, good for you. FYI, I do not care about Jonathan and his fellow ROGUES like Fashola, Tinubu, IBB, El rufai, OBJ, David Mark, Orji, Uba & their ilk. HISTORY WILL NOT BE KIND TO ALL OF THEM AND GENERATIONS TO COME WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM AND THEIR OFFSPRINGS. Support them all you want!! I'll continue to view things from a CRITICAL & OBJECTIVE lens, then I express myself based on that.

I'm yet to see the justification for borrowing money/billions by Fashola. Prove me wrong

I am seriously disturb with this generation of young people we have. Young people who places sentiments over objective reasoning, mediocrity over merit all in the name of ethnicity and religion, young people that talk before thinking. It is a shame!!! Are these the so called leaders of tomorrow ......... Instead of coming to display ur ignorance here, why don't you use sometime to study how nations like USA, Singapore or even a city like dubai developed rapidly in few years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
FearGodinall:

I enjoyed your comment...but there is a reason why your state Governor cannot build houses for the poor(and come to think of it, so does the Federal Govt).

We are an oil producing country....with a GDP less than that of Canada.Far less than that of Canada...and Canada has 24 million people.

If you want a program that you are advocating for the poor....you would have to spend more than what Lagos gets in IGR just to get there....and I mean building proper housing.,....not the glorifed BQ's that Shagari built in the 80's.

If you want your country to have the cash it needs to do all you ask of it...then you would do well to make your leaders get us off oil and into an industrial innovative economy....so that we can have the resources of a Canada.

Oil rich economies, unless they have populations less than 20million, and/or strong industrial diversified economies....don't do well...and certainly cannot afford generous benefit projects.

You know the painful thing about Nigeria? It is not that they loot...but that the money available to loot is so small.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by jagabanban: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
Firefire:
Where is the WHOLE money

Is all the money utilized for the project
Judgment days are coming soon...
APC Lagos should give us the result of their stewardship for the past 15 Years in Lagos. {AD => AC=> ACN => APC} Fashola should not
make a colloquial statement on spending, debt, bond and loan but he should explain in details how they manage the resources and allocations
to the last kobo.

Then we can assumed them to be progressive

Oga,

You will not understand a thing if it is explained to the last kobo. Even as it is explained to the nearest billionth, as shown above, you are still struggling with understanding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Guk: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
ratiken:

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

Pls provide the record or you might be liable for defamation of character

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

My own assessment of Lekki-Epe Expressway as i have lived on that Axis for a good number of years is that DEVELOPMENT came after the Toll Gate was erected. What you need to understand is that when you open up an untapped area, a marketplace is created. That axis had an injection of oxygen by expansion of the road and its so bad now that the traffic in the morning is as bad as any other rush hour traffic in Lagos. On the Flip side, the Igbo man who sells Building materials at Agungi is rendering prayers for FAshola for providing access to wealth for him, you are busy ranting online. Those guys are busy 12hours wt their cash registers blinging. It wasnt so before the expansion of the road.

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

Information overcomes ignorance. Pls visit this page and you shall be educated: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/mepb/LAGOS_Y2014_Q2_Budget%20Appraisal.pdf

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

You are very correct. Fashola is sane because he did the right thing. LASG informed and got confirmation from Anambra state with proper documentation to back it up: See here: https://www.nairaland.com/1382115/documents-show-lagos-informed-anambra

I advice you to check your the use of the phrase "It is also on record". But i put it to you that It is also on record that
(1) Akpabio deported from Akwa Ibom: https://www.nairaland.com/1516842/akpabio-deported-non-akwa-ibom-indigenes
(2) Reports Show Gov. Peter Obi Arrested and Deported 29 beggars to Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom States in 2011: http://abusidiqu.com/reports-show-gov-peter-obi-arrested-and-deported-29-beggars-to-ebonyi-and-akwa-ibom-states-in-2011/
(3) Rivers State deports 113 non-indigenes-to-their-states: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/rivers-deports-113-non-indigenes-to-their-states/155713/

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

In my own opinion, any young man or woman who expects to compete confidently in the job market after having been trained on less than $150 per annum and finish on time without incessant strikes is fooling himself

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?

Now I ask, why are indigenes of all 36 states in Nigeria attracted to this hyped up; choked up; polluted; crime infested; expensive; overcrowded Lagos tongue

Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Guk: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
FearGodinall:

I fully agree with Fashola with the Freedom of Information Act simply because they publish the information on a quarterly basis in the public domain where all and sundry can access it. Please help yourself here:

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/DMO_LAW.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/debt_profile_lagosstate.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/mepb/LAGOS_Y2014_Q2_Budget%20Appraisal.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/Y2014Q1Budget%20Appraisal.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2013%20HALF%20YEAR%20Appraisal%20MEPB.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2014%20BUDGET%20ANALYSIS.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/Y2013%20HALF%20YEAR%20Appraisal.pdf

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/monthly.pdf
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ameheo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
Bad Guy! Gambian man arrested for
having 4 wives, 7 fiancées and 5
girlfriends (PHOTO)
http://www.kulzone.tk/2014/10/bad-guy-gambian-man-arrested-for-having.html?m=1
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by skyfall: 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
If after this, anybody is still not satisfied, just crawl back to the village you came from, cos you're unlikely from Lagos to start with.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by mikeapollo: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
''Fashoa, who spoke during [b]his commemoration of 2,700 days in office [/b]and achievements in the last 100 days, in Alausa, Ikeja, said long overdue refund would go a long way in reducing the debt profile of the State, which he said the Federal Government recently published to mislead the public.''

What kind of nonsense and stealing by pretence!
The commemoration of every 100 days in office is a ploy and opportunity to steal because huge funds will be allocated to each 100 days that they celebrate in office e,g. for invitation of guests, hotel accommodation, logistics, etc.
In all around the world, only the first 100 days is commemorated. Thereafter, it is annual event. Even Mandela and Obama and other people in the world only commemorate their first 100 days and then yearly. I have watched in disgust how this Fashola had been deceiving Lagosians and sweeping their money under the disguise of every 100 days sham!
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by aviazuva: 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
He no go fit explain all to the public
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Fesomu:
buhari took a loan to save your future iddiot..he's not a perfect man buh he's gat what it takes to stop corruption which is the most important thing nigeria needs

Did I hear you right To save whose future? Well na your own future he go save.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by jaso1(m): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
FearGodinall:

Your analysis here is nothing but a mission to ridicule the good work of the most competent governor in the history of Nigeria.
Most of you who turn deaf hear to clamor of immediate pass CBN governor over capital and current expenditure are a coward whom never ready to be free from bondage.
The last time I check performances of governors in this country the states that are lagging behind are PDP states. This is so because those who reside in this states are dormant upstairs. Lagos state, be as it may is the best governed state in Africa. A state that continue to be reference point for others to copy. The tremendous achievement realize in Lagos is as a result of uncommon foresight and exposure of Lagosian. We choose credibility nor deftness as yardstick to elect the governor. His campaign promised are fulfilled and surpass. No develop country without borrowing but most important thing is legitimate spending of the money borrowed. If PDP at the central employ this method I believe the electricity madness we presently have would have been resolved. Ask you PDP cohort how mush has been squandered on electricity? How many road has federal government been able to complete for the past 6 years of this present regime. I put it to you that no single road is completed, they are all WIP for second term deceit. This is absolutely madness and most painful thing is that some guys are paid to rubbish good effort at the detriment of their lives.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by PStacks(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
Oh Baba Fash, I don't know what to do with you.. Altho That Fitch rating of BB- doesn't sound good to me cos after that is C- then they rate you as Junk, but I also saw an AA turn AA+.. That's exactly what Germany, Austria and Czech Rebulic get in Fitch and Moody's Ratings.

You are too much, too intelligent..

Even if u truly steal funds, who wants to question you? Those dumb head num skull PDP that don't know left from right..

Astute Lawyer.. Senior Advocate.. Beta Pikin.

I wish fashola was my family.. I wish I was related by blood to the man..

The man is my hero.. He's my mentor..

Fashola. Aregbeshola.. All of them dey Shola..

APC o ni baje ooo!
#2015 #APC.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by folahann(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:
these are flashes of what to expect from an APC government? a debt ridden country? Buhari also took a loan to buy his form lipsrsealed
Shut your trap. Shut that you4 stinking mouth. Do you know where the debt profile of Nigeria stands at the moment?

In 2012, Nigeria's external debt
was an estimated $5.9 billion and N5. 6 trillion
domestic.

The nation’s total debt now stands at N8.32tn
($53.42bn), the Debt Management Office has
said.
The latest statistics released by the DMO on its
website on Monday showed that as of
September 30, 2013, the total debt comprised
the external debts of the Federal Government
and the state governments as well as the
domestic debt component of the Federal
Government.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Mukhayat: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Approx $1bn debt is disgraceful for a state like Lagos. People should stop being myopic.

20 x that got missing at the Federal level and people are here ranting. Be objective please!
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ayusco85(m): 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
folahann:

Shut your trap. Shut that you4 stinking mouth.

Well by their fruits u shall know them. All u APC e-rats are very insultive and aggressive.

Well that weed ur smoking will soon make u mad. Continue...... Ewu hausa

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ibedun: 7:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
These IGBO tenants and their anti-Fashola/Tinubu stance.

Send your complaints to Peter Obi and get lost with your distractions.

GO!!! Baba Fashola!!
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Sagamite(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
gregg2:
When next they come to tell you about debt, remind them that they approved the borrowing . . . . . "

Bullshit!!! Like seriously, Mr Fashola?
Our politicians are criminals and very deceitful.

I remember when Finance Minister attempted to block further loans to Lagos due to
excess indebtedness incurred by the Fashola's government. This same man was found scampering all
over Abuja begging, complaining, crying. He visited Jonathan, David Mark, Okonjo-Iweala, Tambuwal etc.
His party turned it to a political issue, running propaganda until GEJ stepped in and directed
Okonjo-Iweala to approve of that loan atleast for peace to reign

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Show us the link of this your claim.

This is coming from the same fuuktard that photoshopped a German expressway and labeled it as the Lagos-Benin Expressway upgrade by GEJ?

https://www.nairaland.com/1916318/nigerian-politicians-employ-internet-warriors

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Sagamite(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:
these are flashes of what to expect from an APC government? a debt ridden country? Buhari also took a loan to buy his form lipsrsealed

You are a fuuktard!

So you are saying sane countries/places do not have debt?

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Sagamite(m): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ogbodavies:
story for the gods..
money gone for 2015 election...
fresh air pls

They are the ones using private jet to fly $9.3m and $5.5m to buy peppersoup?

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by folahann(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:

Well by their fruits u shall know them. All u APC e-rats are very insultive and aggressive.

Well that weed ur smoking will soon make u mad. Continue...... Ewu hausa

What about the issue I mentioned there. Is APC also responsible for the country's debt?
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Guk: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
mikeapollo:
''Fashoa, who spoke during his commemoration of 2,700 days in office [/b]and achievements in the last 100 days, in Alausa, Ikeja, said long overdue refund would go a long way in reducing the debt profile of the State, which he said the Federal Government recently published to mislead the public.''

What kind of nonsense and stealing by pretence!
[b]The commemoration of every 100 days in office is a ploy and opportunity to steal because huge funds will be allocated to each 100 days that they celebrate in office e,g. for invitation of guests, hotel accommodation, logistics, etc.

In all around the world, only the first 100 days is commemorated. Thereafter, it is annual event. Even Mandela and Obama and other people in the world only commemorate their first 100 days and then yearly. I have watched in disgust how this Fashola had been deceiving Lagosians and sweeping their money under the disguise of every 100 days sham!

I stand to be corrected with facts please, but LASG is by far the most prudent Govt in the whole of Nigeria. Have you heard LASG appointing Special Adviser here and there or Special Assistant here and there?

Are you aware that LASG does not buy Aso Ebi; Face Caps; TShirts and such like during State functions? There is a total ban on it from the Gov himself.

Are you aware that LASG had banned renting/Hiring of Band to sing National Anthem at their functions. They just sing it with mouth. The Gov himself wrote an article in Thisday about how much is frittered away on such frivolities

Are you aware that LASG has agencies of Govt that are self sustaining and even contribute to the purse of the state.

Are you aware that LASG has a Number plate making factory and they produce number plates for FRSC within 24hrs?

Are you aware that LASG collates prices in all sectors of the economy and you therefore cannot sell them a Laptop of 60k for 600k? See here: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/images/pageimages/downloadfiles/docs/SPECIALPRICESTATISTICSPUBLICATIONFORDEC2013JANFEB%202014.pdf

Are you aware that LASG bought parcels of farmland in Abuja; Oyo; Ogun;Osun state and produce there so as to bring back to Lagos and stabilise prices to ensure social security?

Pls, which other PDP state outside SE, has Igbos as Commissioners and heads of Parastatals apart from Lagos State?

Pls, if you want to research about Fashola Govt before you start Hyperventilating. Its the best 8years by far in the History of Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Orders Buhari, Osinbajo To Tell Nigerians Names Of All Suspected Looters / Nigerians To Pay More For Fuel As NASS Passes PIGB, Imposes 5% Fuel Levy / "Watch Your Statements" - South-West Muslims Caution Obasanjo, Danjuma, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.