Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,704 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:03 AM

Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" (8029 Views)

Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner / What Causes Trac Off Light To Come On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
Bossforeva:
Mehn this is a nice looking truck, but it lost it's swag by you going for a commercial plate number.
When you know, that tis ur personal farm we talking about.

VIO and other task force will be a pain even if you lift ordinary one bag of cement with a private number...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
cne010:

Na the SUT inspire your artistic side nice one... Great looking car you can do better we need more interior shots Haba!!

will do.

i made a quick dash to abuja yesterday evening.

returning today...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:

will do.

i made a quick dash to abuja yesterday evening.

returning today...

Safe trip bro.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by sultaan(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
CityNG:

1) North America is actually three countries and thus at least three different markets.
2) Nothing on the link says yellow was offered in the US.

You quoted the wrong link.
The link I posted was meant for those who don't know what a Sport Track is and fortunately the picture in the link is a yellow truck.

O am seeing people buying cars I never ever thought people will warm up to other brands.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:

VIO and other task force will be a pain even if you lift ordinary one bag of cement with a private number...
well tis up to u, since i dnt know about it, but men, i wnt really do this, if tis me. anytime i see an exceptional vehicle with a red number, it just goes off for me.
but man, ur car got a bed lid.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by xerotop(m): 7:07am On Oct 23, 2014
Denn:

Its d other way round in nigeria.
U will be harrased more with d commercial plate number.
Not even d vio now, but those other touts that work for local govts and even vigilantes. Lolz

I think you will need more papers than private carrying a red plate. My tots anyway
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2014
xerotop:

Its d other way round in nigeria.
U will be harrased more with d commercial plate number.
Not even d vio now, but those other touts that work for local govts and even vigilantes. Lolz

I think you will need more papers than private carrying a red plate. My tots anyway

i have a friend in haulage who owns an F150 lariat. One day his truck had tyre problems along benin corridor and he lifted a tyre....

he saw hell and was delayed unnecessarily.

he had a private number.

I will get all local government papers...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Coldplay007(f): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2014
Just saw a yellow sport trac with commercial plates now in ikeja.
You parked at the car park around elephant house, made a u turn then turn towards ashabi Cole street in front of Tisco plaza...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by b2212(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2014
Denn:

i have a friend in haulage who owns an F150 lariat. One day his truck had tyre problems along benin corridor and he lifted a tyre....

he had a private number.

hi, i also have a van with commercial numbers. what paper are required and how much will they cost.
also, to drive on Nigerian roads and be harrassment proof what are the papers required?
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
Coldplay007:
Just saw a yellow sport trac with commercial plates now in ikeja.
You parked at the car park around elephant house, made a u turn then turn towards ashabi Cole street in front of Tisco plaza...

Lol. Moi
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by diportivo: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Seemingly as u r the only one whose rig is painted yellow,i was so sure twas urs i saw dis mornin in front of HB as the poster above confirmed....looks more appealing in real life sef... wink
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
diportivo:
Seemingly as u r the only one whose rig is painted yellow,i was so sure twas urs i saw dis mornin in front of HB as the poster above confirmed....looks more appealing in real life sef... wink

What if he's not the one?

I've seen lemon green coloured highlander, I've seen porsche yellow coloured xterra, I've seen purple coloured RR evoque. Many people could just decide to customize their car body's paint just as Mr Siena is doing his truck.

1 Like

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by diportivo: 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
lomomike:

What if he's not the one?

I've seen lemon green coloured highlander, I've seen porsche yellow coloured xterra, I've seen purple coloured RR evoque. Many people could just decide to customize their car body's paint just as Mr Siena is doing his truck.
My oga at the top...i totally agree with u..altho in this case,its the same truck we are talking abt... wink..dat mr siena truck ehn kiss
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Coldplay007(f): 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Denn:

Lol. Moi

I parked around there.. grin
Started the car and followed you a bit till you turned off alhaja ashabi into CIPM avenue, your rig is quite impressive..... cool
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nice rig, bud! That yellow paint looks real sharp and crisp.

That tailgate - honestly, I would source a replacement. The Red Terror has gotten too great a hold on it for long-term redemption.

And some more advice - whilst plastic bedliners are good at protecting the bed from rough and sharp cargo, they can retain moisture, which will rot the bed from the INSIDE OUT. I got rid of mine just in time, with just light surface rust to treat, before the truck went in for paint. My tailgate was rust-free too.

I would be looking at Rhino liner. It's hard-wearing, and doesn't have an air gap between the metal to store moisture.

I'll be following this thread. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 12:28am On Oct 25, 2014
Coldplay007:

I parked around there.. grin
Started the car and followed you a bit till you turned off alhaja ashabi into CIPM avenue, your rig is quite impressive..... cool

Thanks... wink
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
I saw the big brother to your truck this morning.

3 Likes

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
Denn:

he had a private number.

with your commercial number still, i might think you are driving for someone or a company. if i have a truck with bed lid like urs, i wn't try it cox tis still my personal farm
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
CityNG:
road sir?
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by sultaan(m): 11:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
Y'all loving ford now grin
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bossforeva:
road sir?

I-210 Eastbound in Pasadena, California during this mornings commute.

This truck is not a factory color and first I've ever seen.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by sultaan(m): 1:29am On Oct 29, 2014
CityNG:

That truck is a F-150 it is bigger than the sport trac
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 29, 2014
sultaan:

That truck is a F-150 it is bigger than the sport trac

Nope, it's at least an F-250 if not a F-350. F-150 (at least of that era) was never available in diesel which this was, a turbo diesel.

I also did refer to it as the "big brother".

The Sport Trac is/was built on the old Explorer/Mazda B series small truck chassis.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 29, 2014
sultaan:
Y'all loving ford now grin

Some of us have ben luving Fords for a while wink

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Update:

I have been a bit busy but can now squeeze a little time out to update this thread.

I have not uploaded detailed pictures of the vehicle but will do so now wink

1 Like

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
I changed the engine oil recently.

First phase. Was in briscoe ford at ikeja and bought a Motorcraft oil filter.
Got 5w30 synthetic engine oil.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
This is the oil filter I removed.

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
This is the new oil filter.

I forgot to take pictures of the engine oil gallon.

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
I used that same oil filters for 5 years but used FoMoCo blend oil (pic).

If you continue this path you will thoroughly enjoy this truck and the next owner (when you move up to a F-450) will inherit a well maintaiend vehicle.

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 5:25am On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:
I used that same oil filters for 5 years but used FoMoCo blend oil (pic).

If you continue this path you will thoroughly enjoy this truck and the next owner (when you move up to a F-450) will inherit a well maintaiend vehicle.

Thanks.

F450? Whew!

A Dartz might be a choice rig too... Lol
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 5:47am On Oct 30, 2014
Parts are a bit pricey in the ford dealership in Nigeria so I went to option 2; bringing the stuffs in.

I ordered for the following parts:
Transmission filter
Brake pads
4 Monroe shock absorbers
Hanyes manual
Stabilizer bar links
Inside door handle rear (both sides). Seems someone had Arnold arms and broke both.

Parts already being shipped.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

Nice rig... Those chrome tipped exhausts.... I wonder what music they would be playing... A V8 Orchestra under the hood....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars. / Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.