Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,477 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" (8030 Views)

Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner / What Causes Trac Off Light To Come On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2014
Siena:
Nice rig, bud! That yellow paint looks real sharp and crisp.

That tailgate - honestly, I would source a replacement. The Red Terror has gotten too great a hold on it for long-term redemption.

And some more advice - whilst plastic bedliners are good at protecting the bed from rough and sharp cargo, they can retain moisture, which will rot the bed from the INSIDE OUT. I got rid of mine just in time, with just light surface rust to treat, before the truck went in for paint. My tailgate was rust-free too.

I would be looking at Rhino liner. It's hard-wearing, and doesn't have an air gap between the metal to store moisture.

I'll be following this thread. smiley

Thanks.

I would need your help and advice on certain issues I have noticed.

First, I have a pulsating brake on the rig. Once I try to slow down from lets say 60kmph, the brake pedal tries to go a bit up and down with the rotation and speed of the wheels.... Like there is a lump that it needs to go over at every complete rotation.

I am suspecting a wrapped disc but I don't know yet.

This is my first experience on such.

CityNG, sultaan, lomomike, ikenna, Bossforeva pls inputs needed too.

Thanks
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
And a distant cousin.

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Denn:

Thanks.

I would need your help and advice on certain issues I have noticed.

First, I have a pulsating brake on the rig. Once I try to slow down from lets say 60kmph, the brake pedal tries to go a bit up and down with the rotation and speed of the wheels.... Like there is a lump that it needs to go over at every complete rotation.

I am suspecting a wrapped disc but I don't know yet.

This is my first experience on such.

CityNG, sultaan, lomomike, ikenna, Bossforeva pls inputs needed too.

Thanks

Get it scanned.

Just joking mate grin

If only at speed like you said then look at your discs.

Not sure if you used disc or drums in the back but majority of the braking power comes from the front.

One thing we notice on our truck is that after sitting for months while we are in the US, when we get back it takes a few miles before the pads regain their shape and you'll have undulations when you apply the brake.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 6:34am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:
And a distant cousin.

Lol...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2014
Denn, I would say you've got a warped front rotor. The rears run drums.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Get it scanned.

Just joking mate grin

If only at speed like you said then look at your discs.

Not sure if you used disc or drums in the back but majority of the braking power comes from the front.

One thing we notice on our truck is that after sitting for months while we are in the US, when we get back it takes a few miles before the pads regain their shape and you'll have undulations when you apply the brake.

Drums at the rear.

Truck has been parked since June at the dealership plus shipping cruise.

Suspecting same too..
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2014
Siena:
Denn, I would say you've got a warped front rotor. The rears run drums.

Guessed as much.

Solution would be to get new ones in the long run. They are relatively cheap in USA but crazily expensive here.

In the short run, I intend to have them machined whilst I order for them to be delivered... Shipping costs might be prohibitive too due to their weights. sad

What is your opinion on this?
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
long time off this thread...apologies.

i just got delivery of some parts from USA yesterday evening...i will be updating.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
items ordered from USA are listed here:

- transmission filter by ATP
- 2 Monroe Shock Absorbers (Front 4wd)
- 2 Monroe Shock Absorbers (Rear)
- A pair of stabilizer bar links by Mevotech
- A set of PowerStop Brake Pads (Front)
- Haynes Repair Manual
- Inside door handles (Left and Right)
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
carton as it arrived...

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
Monroe Shocks...same colour as the truck...

smiley

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
Haynes Repair Manual...

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
transmission filter...

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
Brake Pad

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
interior door handle..

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
stabilzer

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
Update... i did an oil change when the truck came in. got parts from briscoe ford.

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
old filter...

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
new oil...5w30

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
things to do...

- change the interior handles for the rear doors. both broken. i wonder if hulk hogan used to sit at the back.
- change the struts.
- inspect the leaf springs.
- change the brake pads, resurface the front discs, adjust the rear drums and parking brake
- change stabilizer bar links, inspect all bushings
- change transmission fluid and filter.
- add left side skirt which is missing. to get part from ojuelegba ford parts market.
- give front windows same tint level as rear. will be 'factory fitted'
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
All parts assembled... I can't change them until my trusty friend resumes back at his garage.

Wish I had my own tools....
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 6:36am On Dec 26, 2014
CityNG:
And a distant cousin.

more like the son from the other woman...lol
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
Update...

Added the acquired parts to the vehicle.

Dragged my friend who owns a workshop out and I promised to be the 'apprentice'

Further parts:
One cold bottle of Andre.
One cooler of home made fried rice and some chicken
A can of penetration oil.

Change took longer than expected.

Bolts were just stuck on and required heavy muscular pulls.

We dabbed on more penetrating oil and settled to install the rice instead.

Few hours later and all struts and the Stabilizer bar was on.

To drain the transmission fluid and install the door handles later.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:09am On Jan 23, 2015
i will be offering the pick up for sale.

i am getting a Ford F150 in soon and cant have two trucks in my kitty....wifey is even scowling at 1 though she likes to take vivid pictures close to it for BBM updates.

details to be announced later...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 23, 2015
CityNG:
And a distant cousin.
is that a Telescope on your screen?
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 23, 2015
Bossforeva:

That's not a telescope, that's a camera most prolly, a windscreen mounted camera. Or a mount for any gadget such as sat nav.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by webmaster3: 10:50am On Jan 23, 2015
@Denn. Which shipping/Courier service did you use to bring in your auto parts from America to Nigeria. Really interested in buying some parts for my car but don't have an idea of the courier/shipping company to use. How long did it take your parts to arrive Nigeria
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 23, 2015
Bossforeva:

It's a video camera.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 23, 2015
webmaster3:
@Denn. Which shipping/Courier service did you use to bring in your auto parts from America to Nigeria. Really interested in buying some parts for my car but don't have an idea of the courier/shipping company to use. How long did it take your parts to arrive Nigeria

You can use ChinoSXL on this forum.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 12:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
webmaster3:

i use shoptomydoor.

relatively okay but i was informed they ship only on fridays/saturdays.

so your goods must be there before batch shipping day else you wait till the next week

1 Like

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by shoptomydoor: 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hello Denn,
Thanks for the referral, however, we ship out all day during the week not just Fridays and Saturdays.

Thanks.

Denn:

i use shoptomydoor.

relatively okay but i was informed they ship only on fridays/saturdays.

so your goods must be there before batch shipping day else you wait till the next week
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Delafruita(m): 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello webstar,
Thanks for the referral, however, we ship out all day during the week not just Fridays and Saturdays.

Thanks.

hi.i need to get some auto parts for my ford escape 2001.whats the cost of shipping?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Event Motivates You To Learn How To Drive? / Ten Tips To Survive Without Okada / Do White Coloured Vehicles Cost Less?`

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.