Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Update On The National Conference? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On The National Conference? (21528 Views)

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On The National Conference? by Reference(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
obongproff:
I tot the house of rep has already made abt 71 amendments to d constitution? Was dat not as a result of the confab?

Most naysayers above donot, cannot and will not know what is happening. Worse, instead of being part of the solution all you hear are complaints. Worst, they draw others who want to get out of the pit back into it. The present generation, a barometer of the future? I hope not.

I often berate the pre- and post colonial rule generation for all the ills of society. One thing they had though. They knew what they wanted and got what they wanted. Everywhere from Ukraine, to Egypt to the States people step up, ordinary people, and get things done. Here the babies wait for mummy government or a self styled messiah to feed them from 5 loaves and 2 fishes.

Did our grand and great grand parents wait for the British to quit and whine and whine and nag and nag while at it. A black man is today the US president. Anything is possible but if the attitude I see on this forum is a snapshot of the youth, of the future then forget it.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by theorbiters: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
I really don't understand nigerians. We always looking for new ways to discredit the leadership of the country. Even if it was anoda government in power we wud still behave like bulls in a china shop. Do you expect the delegates to come out and spill everything they deliberated on? In as much as we angry because of the untold hardship we face everyday, can we pls have faith. They may not deserve it but I am very sure they need it. So much criticism heaps pressure on their head coupled wif the one they face everyday. I bet if any of u were to be in power, u wud not achieve half of wat is been done.

Concerning the CONFAB, last time I heard, I think they have reached a deadlock. According to the constitution, Nigeria is an Islamic state, with the mention of islam more than 50 times, allah is mentioned about 22times (I stand to be corrected) and muslim is mentioned about 7 times. There is no mention of Christianity or Jesus Christ in the constitution and since in Nigeria we all are not muslims, the Christian delegates sought for an amendment in that and also to remove the sharia law stated in the constitution but our muslims brodas did not agree threatening that there wud be an holy war if it removed. I think that was the last time they met. Maybe there was anoda, I haven't checked. So instead of critizing the leadership of this nation I think we need to pray for peace.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by rynno(m): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
Wil get back 2 u!!!

Re: Update On The National Conference? by Waspy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Why would anyone expect something from such an expensive white elephant project Na today yansh just dey for back? Abeggy angry angry
Re: Update On The National Conference? by jamace(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
President Jonathan should implement the report of the national confab now! Nigeria must move ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Bread Distributed By APC In Akure Is Poisonous' - Eyitayo Jegede Alleges / Court Cancels APC Ward Congress Result In Imo / Ngige Denies Collapsing During Budget Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.