Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men (1257 Views)

The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) / OMG: Pictures Of A Nigerian Girl Proposing To Her Boyfriend / Picture Of A Girl On Her Knees Proposing To A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Abisoyee(m): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2014
The world we live in has seen a lot of changes take place over the centuries and conventions and norms broken. Remaining a burning issue is the question of whether a woman should propose to a man. Women have the fantasies of someday having a Mr. Right go down on his knees with a diamond encrusted ring to ask them to marry him. Why all this is good and cool, here are five reasons why women should start proposing to men.

What A Man Can Do A Woman Can Do Better: This is the 21st Century and there is no doubt that virtually everyone has heard the popular saying that ‘what a man can do a woman can do better?’ In this modern times, women continue to fight for equality and that accounts for why women are so successful in many male dominated fields today. Taking this maxim into your love life isn’t such a farfetched idea. Rather than wait for the conventional marriage proposal of waiting for him to go on his knees and pop the question, you can decide to save him the trouble and do it yourself. In doing this, you have to make sure that you are with the right person and both of you are ready to make that important step of leading your relationship into a marriage.

It Makes You a Virtuous Woman: There is something more appealing with a woman that proposes to a man she loves than one who deliberately traps a man into a marriage. Not only do you know whether he truly wants to be with you, both of you can make adequate plans for the future. Many women believe in the wrong notion that a baby would make a man love them, a baby is not the only thing that makes a marriage work.

Men Wants to Be Pampered: Just like little boys like to be dotted on and adored by their mums, men also want to be pampered by the women they are dating. Perhaps he is the one always taking you out on dates, does all the cuddling and treating you like a baby but the truth is sometimes men also want to be treated like babies. He wants all the massages, special attention, care and pampering as much as you do and he probably deserves it as well. Taking the initiative to propose to your man shows how much you care. Set for the right mood and atmosphere and things should go smoothly with your proposal.

Time Isn’t on a Woman’s Side: While a man can afford to delay marriage to a later date in his life, women do not have the luxury of time. Biological clocks are ticking and of course the older a lady gets, the less likelihood of attracting a mate of her choice gets so if you believe you are with Mr. Right and for one reason or the other he isn’t flashing an engagement ring just yet, the issue of time is good enough a reason for you to take the reins and charge.

It Speaks of a Liberated and Confident Woman: It takes a lot of courage to break the norm and ask a guy to marry you but it is also an admirable trait. Asking a man to marry you speaks of a liberated woman who is confident enough to know what she wants and does not hesitate to get it. In exhibiting this trait it is advisable not to come off as too pushy or aggressive in nature. Make your proposal in a cool and confident manner.

For more updates, I remain @iamposhkid on Twitter and Instagram. You can also add Poshkid’s Corner BBM Channel with C00396EEB and get instant updates. Or visit www.poshkidscorner.gidicentral.com
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2014
*sips something*
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by tomsniel(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2014
waiting for Nairaland girls to come and say their minds on this one.
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2014
op na only ur title i read but dat one de enuf for me to tell u say sometin de worry u for head, how e de do u sef?
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by DesChyko: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2014
Not a bad idea..
But I prefer it the way things are..
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by misshoree(f): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2014
From the onset,Men has been destined to propose to us(ladies/women).so OP what are yu saying undecided
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2014
sips tea undecided
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2014
Abisoyee:
The world we live in has seen a lot of changes take place over the centuries and conventions and norms broken. Remaining a burning issue is the question of whether a woman should propose to a man. Women have the fantasies of someday having a Mr. Right go down on his knees with a diamond encrusted ring to ask them to marry him. Why all this is good and cool, here are five reasons why women should start proposing to men.

What A Man Can Do A Woman Can Do Better: This is the 21st Century and there is no doubt that virtually everyone has heard the popular saying that ‘what a man can do a woman can do better?’ In this modern times, women continue to fight for equality and that accounts for why women are so successful in many male dominated fields today. Taking this maxim into your love life isn’t such a farfetched idea. Rather than wait for the conventional marriage proposal of waiting for him to go on his knees and pop the question, you can decide to save him the trouble and do it yourself. In doing this, you have to make sure that you are with the right person and both of you are ready to make that important step of leading your relationship into a marriage.

It Makes You a Virtuous Woman: There is something more appealing with a woman that proposes to a man she loves than one who deliberately traps a man into a marriage. Not only do you know whether he truly wants to be with you, both of you can make adequate plans for the future. Many women believe in the wrong notion that a baby would make a man love them, a baby is not the only thing that makes a marriage work.

Men Wants to Be Pampered: Just like little boys like to be dotted on and adored by their mums, men also want to be pampered by the women they are dating. Perhaps he is the one always taking you out on dates, does all the cuddling and treating you like a baby but the truth is sometimes men also want to be treated like babies. He wants all the massages, special attention, care and pampering as much as you do and he probably deserves it as well. Taking the initiative to propose to your man shows how much you care. Set for the right mood and atmosphere and things should go smoothly with your proposal.

Time Isn’t on a Woman’s Side: While a man can afford to delay marriage to a later date in his life, women do not have the luxury of time. Biological clocks are ticking and of course the older a lady gets, the less likelihood of attracting a mate of her choice gets so if you believe you are with Mr. Right and for one reason or the other he isn’t flashing an engagement ring just yet, the issue of time is good enough a reason for you to take the reins and charge.

It Speaks of a Liberated and Confident Woman: It takes a lot of courage to break the norm and ask a guy to marry you but it is also an admirable trait. Asking a man to marry you speaks of a liberated woman who is confident enough to know what she wants and does not hesitate to get it. In exhibiting this trait it is advisable not to come off as too pushy or aggressive in nature. Make your proposal in a cool and confident manner.

For more updates, I remain @iamposhkid on Twitter and Instagram. You can also add Poshkid’s Corner BBM Channel with C00396EEB and get instant updates. Or visit www.poshkidscorner.gidicentral.com

I believe from your post, you seem to take a marriage proposal as a mere ask(placing more relevance on the asking than the responsibility about to be undertaken). That is wrong. A proposal is a ritual that involves a well-to-do and responsible man asking to take [ownership] and [care] of a lady, uniting with her to make a family of which he is to be the head(note that the person asking to take possession will be the head). A proposal is not an easy thing to do as it checks on your status and responsibility to [provide] for, and [protect] your family. That is the reason why few men of nowadays even try to get married legally.

A woman may be well-to-do, able to provide and care for her family. But can she [take ownership] of the man or [protect] her family? That is a big ask. You need to be careful of what you ask a lady to do. Some things are better left unsaid...unasked.

Naija love doctor
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2014
INTERESTN...bur most guys wud take such galz for grantd or even tink she is desperate...GUYS ARE FULL OF EGO
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2014
misshoree:
From the onset,Men has been destined to propose to us(ladies/women).so OP what are yu saying undecided

From what onset? A lot of Naija girls dull sha. Chai! From the onset, na man dey do pastor. But why I don begin dey see female pastors?
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2014
This property is not for sale...
#spreadsmatinmyofficewithmouthopenagape#
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Tallesty1(m): 10:17am On Oct 22, 2014
Just Tecno Phones.

This Post Is Good On Papers.
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2014
I didn't read your post you know why cause its not right a woman should never propose to a man we should be the one in charge in that aspect
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by misshoree(f): 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
assfreak:

From what onset? A lot of Naija girls dull sha. Chai! From the onset, na man dey do pastor. But why I don begin dey see female pastors?
did I tag yu when I made this comment
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
misshoree:
did I tag yu when I made this comment

Did the OP tag you? You said something stupid, so I helped you. Instead make you blow me kiss, you dey vex.
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
Smh
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by philantoxx(m): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2014
apocalyptic thread
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lol a thoughtful post...nice....
Re: Reasons Why Women Should Start Proposing To Men by olexjay(m): 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Wen a lady come to propose to u wat shall thou say: "u gonna say she's a LovePeddler, cheap and co"

I think the only think a lady can do is to create awareness by showing some emotional feeling.

(1) (Reply)

Plz I Love Her But She Have A Boyfriend,,, / 10things Guy Do After Breakup With Their Gf / 13 Ways To Know You’re Dating A High-quality Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.