Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? (25282 Views)

Why Today's Women Should Marry Before Age 25! / 30 Rules For A Woman To Have Successful Marriage / Danger Zones You should Not Cross To Have successful Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Emmalot121(m): 12:35am On Oct 24, 2014
ireneidiva:

It is spelt 'career'.
Oponu! Wọn n gba adie ẹ lọwọ iku, o ni wọn o jẹ ki oun re aatan lọ jẹun. embarassed . Women who shout about 'career' tickle me. The E-warriors make me think as a foreign investor cool that Nigeria is the best place to invest in.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by ireneidiva(f): 2:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Emmalot121:
Oponu! Wọn n gba adie ẹ lọwọ iku, o ni wọn o jẹ ki oun re aatan lọ jẹun. embarassed . Women who shout about 'career' tickle me. The E-warriors make me think as a foreign investor cool that Nigeria is the best place to invest in.

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by EziAsh: 4:44am On Oct 24, 2014
Sometimes i wonder what people want women to do.They work you complain ,they stay at home you complain.So what do people expect from women.So after all the years they put in school now they are expected to just let all that go and sit home and take care of kids and husband.Then after that you will come to Nairaland and bash women. The problem in all this is when people get married everybody expect the woman to carry everybody in the family and i don't think it is right,they man is just expect to go to work and more or less that is all his responsibility.Women on the other hand will have to work,take care of children,husband,be the cook ,the cleaner, driver,teacher,sex partner,doctor, nurse (they are the ones who stay up when the kids are sick,where is dad,sleeping )you can name the rest.At the end of all this you have women who are burn out because they carry the load of the entire house.Excuse me for saying this a husband does not have the right to tell the wife leave your job and stay at home.Marriage is a partnership and for it to work everybody in that partnership must learn to be partners ,the husband has to know that it is not only the wife who can helps and take care of the children, doing their home work,she is not the only one who has to go for school appointment,or take the child to hospital.If the wife is not there to cook the husband should.The reality is that woman have always multitask and i do not think they do it because they so love it although most often African women will just go on and on while pretending to be happy hoping that they get the gratification from their kids really when they grow old and have their own life's then what. Family is great but you can never derive all your happiness from children by the way why do we expect that women should get all their happiness from the family while the men have a range of things that makes them happy.People need to get over this. Women should have a life out side their husband and kids and not feel guilty about it or people guilt them about it.

3 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by GodofGrace(m): 8:45am On Oct 24, 2014
EziAsh:
Sometimes i wonder what people want women to do.They work you complain ,they stay at home you complain.So what do people expect from women.So after all the years they put in school now they are expected to just let all that go and sit home and take care of kids and husband.Then after that you will come to Nairaland and bash women. The problem in all this is when people get married everybody expect the woman to carry everybody in the family and i don't think it is right,they man is just expect to go to work and more or less that is all his responsibility.Women on the other hand will have to work,take care of children,husband,be the cook ,the cleaner, driver,teacher,sex partner,doctor, nurse (they are the ones who stay up when the kids are sick,where is dad,sleeping )you can name the rest.At the end of all this you have women who are burn out because they carry the load of the entire house.Excuse me for saying this a husband does not have the right to tell the wife leave your job and stay at home.Marriage is a partnership and for it to work everybody in that partnership must learn to be partners ,the husband has to know that it is not only the wife who can helps and take care of the children, doing their home work,she is not the only one who has to go for school appointment,or take the child to hospital.If the wife is not there to cook the husband should.The reality is that woman have always multitask and i do not think they do it because they so love it although most often African women will just go on and on while pretending to be happy hoping that they get the gratification from their kids really when they grow old and have their own life's then what. Family is great but you can never derive all your happiness from children by the way why do we expect that women should get all their happiness from the family while the men have a range of things that makes them happy.People need to get over this. Women should have a life out side their husband and kids and not feel guilty about it or people guilt them about it.
.....so what you are saying in essences is that man should quit their job why wife should keep her own in other for balance right. just imagine most ladies nowadays everything's about them speak up arrogance
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Revolva(m): 8:59am On Oct 24, 2014
if u ask me na who i go ask
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Acidosis(m): 10:13am On Oct 24, 2014
chizzy94:
What's the fuss?
My Mom, Okonjo Iweala, Omotola Jalade, Dr Adadevoh and many others did it.
Lol!

Have you ever lived with these people?

The fact that people upload pictures of couples with same attire on instagram and facebook do not signify happy union.

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by ireneidiva(f): 11:37am On Oct 24, 2014
GodofGrace:
.....so what you are saying in essences is that man should quit their job why wife should keep her own in other for balance right. just imagine most ladies nowadays everything's about them speak up arrogance
She is not saying the man should stop working, she is saying nobody should have to give up a career because of guilt! Read again with an open mind. Nobody is being arrogant here. If your mind is set, you will not be open to change.

3 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by EziAsh: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
GodofGrace:
I think you should just tell women not to go to school,not to own businesses etc in fact let them just go back to be total dependent on men so that people can have the opportunity to bash them ,as it is often done ,because later on in life they would get married and will have to take care of husband and children. I is a pity that the world has change and women have opportunity to do what they think is best for them.If they want to stay at home that should be their decision,after all some women would love to be stay at home but they can not because it will mean disaster.Some women like me love to work,i did not spend 8 years in university just to finish and put the degrees under my pillow.My kid knows mum loves what she does but she also knows she is at the top of mum priority and mum loves her to death.While i try at the same time to take her to all her activities spend time with her my husband should also know he too needs to do same.We have pass the days when men could have the luxury to just be arm chair fathers and husbands,they need to be more proactive in their homes.What is making men to be so scared to be care givers?

3 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by beeevan: 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
Am sure this man proudly dangled divorce before her and expected her to fall face flat and beg for mercy, trying to bully her to submission, he doesn't know the woman is already sick of him and willingly took the gift of divorce he offered grin.

I can't blame this woman, this man probably threatened her with divorce. You don't threaten divorce when you don't have the guts to see it through. She made the best choice for her , she alone knows why.

3 Likes

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by beeevan: 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
EziAsh:

Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by beeevan: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
danjumakolo:
I was thinking the question to be pondered on should be what type of job is safe and healthy for the married women?

This makes more sense...women can work and still keep it together but what kind of jobs are we talking about? What happens when the woman must take on a tasking and more paying Job because the man is deficient in his role?

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
EziAsh:

After living all their years having their kids as their only lives we wonder why they wont let go when the kids marry and the mothers turn into monster in laws. When we were telling them they should have no other life than their kids for years we get up one day and tell them they are bo longer the all in all in these same kids lives.

Its a matter of choice jare of choice jare. If a woman wants to stay home let her stay if she wants to work let her work none should be guilted into a lifestyle God himself gave us freedom of choice.

Its so silly how high some people get from shouting down women and their God given freedom of choice.

1 Like

Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
aisha2:

After living all their years having their kids as their only lives we wonder why they wont let go when the kids marry and the mothers turn into monster in laws. When we were telling them they should have no other life than their kids for years we get up one day and tell them they are bo longer the all in all in these same kids lives.

Its a matter of choice jare of choice jare. If a woman wants to stay home let her stay if she wants to work let her work none should be guilted into a lifestyle God himself gave us freedom of choice.

Its so silly how high some people get from shouting down women and their God given freedom of choice.

Agreed, it's a choice. However, do you think it's actually that difficult for women who have a plan, and know what they're doing, to have a career and a successful family?

Also, with most of the fields women are into, they can attain the highest professional qualifications in those fields by max. age 25-26. If they actually planned their lives, and not get too involved in distractions like most women do. Once you get that, it's just basically about working a job - and moving up the career ladder. Get married and the sky is the limit.

I just believe folks love making excuses for failing to plan ahead, and doing things the right way.
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2014
SirShymex:

Agreed, it's a choice. However, do you think it's actually that difficult for women who have a plan, and know what they're doing, to have a career and a successful family?

Also, with most of the fields women are into, they can attain the highest professional qualifications in those fields by max. age 25-26. If they actually planned their lives, and not get too involved in distractions like most women do. Once you get that, it's just basically about working a job - and moving up the career ladder. Get married and the sky is the limit.

I just believe folks love making excuses for failing to plan ahead, and doing things the right way.

I think we just repeat some things we hear without actually thinking it over

A colleague of mine who has some professional certifications and married with kids still said 'it is difficult for women to combine their homes and careers' and I wondering what is the definition of a career?

I do not know the career you just jump into, work voom voom and get to the top gbam! It is growing consistently and it will not always be so time consuming. How many certifications can you do in a year? How many days do they take? Some are actually done online sef so why can't I be at home and study for it?
Re: Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? by ufuoma5931(f): 1:47am On Jan 02, 2016
Yes...its very possbl. But then d lady also should know her limit cuz whether we like it or no, the truth remains dat any lady that wants to have a successful and happy marriage should be ready to give more. We may continue to fight 4 equal right but pls not in marriage..its just d way it is. I am a strong feminist but also a realist.So yeah we can pursue our career but it should be so managed as to include taking care of d husband and when the kids come also, our schedule will have to change.
But men should also note that marriage may be one of the aspirations of a lady but not the only one. So pls as she is helping u to achieve ur own career u can also help her in achieveing hers....its all about understanding,compromise and love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing 3 Siblings In Lagos (Photo) / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? / Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.